Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Jamie Fox Calls Spike Lee "Irresponsible" For His Criticisms On#django Unchained - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jamie Fox Calls Spike Lee "Irresponsible" For His Criticisms On#django Unchained (707 Views)

Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' / Spike Lee Blasts Nollywood / Jamie Foxx Or Will Smith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jamie Fox Calls Spike Lee "Irresponsible" For His Criticisms On#django Unchained by nuges1(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2013
The criticism for "Django Unchained" continues to be linked to controversy.

When esteemed filmmaker Spike Lee told VIBE that he was not going to see Quentin Tarantino's latest film because the content "was disrespectful to his ancestors" and its excessive use of the N word, leading man Jamie Foxx did not hold back his opinion.

"The questions for me is: Where is Spike Lee coming from?," Foxx tells British newspaper The Sun. "I mean, I respect Spike, he's a fantastic director. But he gets a little shady when he takes shots at his colleagues without looking at the work. To me, that's irresponsible."

The film, nominated for five Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Screenplay, depicts the violence of slavery in the South pre-Civil War, tied in with a love story.

Foxx defends director Tarantino and the movie business when it comes to race. "You got to look at the individual cases. When Pat Boone covered Little Richard, you think, 'Huh?', he's got no affinity for it... But you can't tell me that Eminem ain't hot 'cos he's white or that Elvis Presley isn't a bad motherf**ker, or that Quentin Tarantino can't do whatever he likes, 'cause damn straight he can."

Strange how different Lee's attitude seemed when the two bumped into each other at last year's BET Awards. "I ran into Spike Lee at the BET Awards. You know Spike, he'll let you have it whether it's good, bad or ugly," Foxx told VIBE. "And he said, 'I'm not going to say anything bad about this film. It looks like y'all are getting it."

Meanwhile, Tarantino is relishing in the fact that "Django" become the highest grosser of his career.

(1) (Reply)

The Award Winning 15mins Nig Movie #loopthemovie / She Is A Pathetic Liar, And Gold Digger! Ex Husband Of IndecentStar Afrocandy Lament / 'Being Confident Is Not Arrogance' - Actor Frederick Leonard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.