Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (121535 Views)

Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months / Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by katowise: 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2011
Thank you Justwith for your replies,I do greatly appreicate you advise,
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2011
katowise:

Thank you Justwith for your replies,I do greatly appreicate you advise,

Good luck, consider what dancewith said
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by katowise: 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2011
Hello again,

Just wanted to find out if I dont have a UK based host to get a visitors visa,can I just book a hostel, will the embassy agree to that as my accomodation?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2011
katowise:

Hello again,

Just wanted to find out if I dont have a UK based host to get a visitors visa,can I just book a hostel, will the embassy agree to that as my accomodation?

Sure you can, nothing wrong with that.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by katowise: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2011
Thank you so much justwise, smiley
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by plzclarif: 3:31am On Feb 10, 2011
Hi,

Could someone reply on the below query on over staying in UK? I am an Indian passport holder.

- I over stayed in UK in 2006 for over a month(on visit visa) & when I was leaving(on my own) at heathrow I was stopped by immigration & they put some stamp (says some form was served on me - can't remember the form number) on my   passport

- Just a year after in 2007, again I travelled to UK on business visa from India. On arrival immigration detained me at heathrow for few mins & checked my invite letter from employer & docs etc. Then they let me enter into the country. In this visit I stayed in UK for about 4 months.

- In May 2010 again I got UK business visa from India for 6 months, but never travelled. Its expired now.

- In Dec 2010 I got UK Tier 1(General) visa valid for 2yrs. Now I am planning to go to UK soon, but stilled worried about immigration at heathrow.

Based on above history - do you think I will be allowed into UK again? Could someone provide some info on this!!

Thanks
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 8:47am On Feb 10, 2011
plz clarif:

Hi,Could someone reply on the below query on over staying in UK? I am an Indian passport holder.
- I over stayed in UK in 2006 for over a month(on visit visa) & when I was leaving(on my own) at heathrow I was stopped by immigration & they put some stamp (says some form was served on me - can't remember the form number) on my passport
- Just a year after in 2007, again I travelled to UK on business visa from India. On arrival immigration detained me at heathrow for few mins & checked my invite letter from employer & docs etc. Then they let me enter into the country. In this visit I stayed in UK for about 4 months.
- In May 2010 again I got UK business visa from India for 6 months, but never travelled. Its expired now.
- In Dec 2010 I got UK Tier 1(General) visa valid for 2yrs. Now I am planning to go to UK soon, but stilled worried about immigration at heathrow.
Based on above history - do you think I will be allowed into UK again? Could someone provide some info on this!!
Thanks
You will be allowed in, did you over stayed again in 2007 when u were allowed in?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by katowise: 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2011
Hello my friends just wanted to share the good news with you. I did get my visa today and will be going to the UK next week. Against all odds God does work in wonders. Thank you for all that gave me advise, xx
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2011
katowise:

Hello my friends just wanted to share the good news with you. I did get my visa today and will be going to the UK next week. Against all odds God does work in wonders. Thank you for all that gave me advise, xx

Congrat!! Good luck with ur career in the UK
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by romii786(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
smiley
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by romii786(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
smiley
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2011
romii786:

Hi allz.
well i did state my problem but no one seems to be helping me here. but still would say tht at 8th of march i got my wife's decree absolute.
my case for approval letter was submitted by my lawyer 3 weeks ago but i still not got any reciept of acknowledgement yet , as far i know they send u reciept by latter within 7 days whats wrong wid my case then? why no reciept yet its been a month atleast now.and i got my decree absolute late so didnt send it yet cuz of no reference number to send it along with.she contacted home office by phone no response and then she has written out a latter requiring my reference number so she can send decree absolute,
all i am worried is why no reciept yet? its been toooo long guys,
waiting for response pls
Not in all cases they send a letter acknowledging the recipient of an application within a week, it could take more than 28 working days sometimes. Ur lawyer should keep calling them to find out.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by romii786(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
smiley
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
romii786:

thanks for reply
i really appreciate it that you replied me about my matter .
well she did phoned them but she didnt get to the appropriate authority.then she said she has written out a letter to get reference number as she is still waiitng for to send decree absolute.with out reference number its like you cant send decree absolute it can easily be miss placed i guess.

i am worried why taking so long to get reference number?
as far i know people thy get COA letter in 8 to 12 weeks and i havent yet recieved acknowledgment letter,
i am worried why they r taking so long sad
and is it possible that the day u get COA u juss register your marriage straight away?
Well i don't know about that, but ur lawyer have to keep calling, sometimes it takes ages to get through to them, HomeOffice is like that, they work on their own time. You or ur wife can try calling them as well, not just ur lawyer.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by romii786(m): 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
smiley
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by pagee001: 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
pls help i seeked asylum in 2001 in the uk and was granted leave to remain until 2002 i a have since applied for indefinate leave to remain my case is a legacy case now, i have a child born to a british father so my child is british now and i wont to return voluntary to nigeria but i want to know if i return can i still come as a visitor or will i be on a ban for 10yrs if i leave pls advice me anyone thanks
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 11:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
pagee001:

pls help i seeked asylum in 2001 in the uk and was granted leave to remain until 2002 i a have since applied for indefinate leave to remain my case is a legacy case now, i have a child born to a british father so my child is british now and i wont to return voluntary to nigeria but i want to know if i return can i still come as a visitor or will i be on a ban for 10yrs if i leave pls advice me anyone thanks

Are u married to the father of the child?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by pagee001: 11:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
Nope whe are not married but we live together as partners and the home office know about it but I just need to move back with my child he will be staying back in the uk
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
pagee001:

Nope whe are not married but we live together as partners and the home office know about it but I just need to move back with my child he will be staying back in the uk

Ok, does ur child have british passport now? What stage is ur indefinite leave application? If you want to move back to Nigeria are u going to cancel the application or what?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by pagee001: 12:01am On Mar 17, 2011
Yes my child has a british passport and has had it for 3yrs I want to cancel my application as I have been waiting for 9yrs now wanna relocate back to nigeria but will still want to be able to come whenever I want to visit as I still have my family over here
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 8:16am On Mar 17, 2011
pagee001:

Yes my child has a british passport and has had it for 3yrs I want to cancel my application as I have been waiting for 9yrs now wanna relocate back to nigeria but will still want to be able to come whenever I want to visit as I still have my family over here

I can understand ur frustration, i have a friend who went through the same thing, though she came here as a student and had a baby with a british citizen, after her daughter got the passport she applied for a stay and was given though it did not take as long as 9yrs and they were not married but her partner supported the application and court appearances through out.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be allowed to visit with ur child, as long as ur partner supports ur move and you keep constant contact with him while in Nigeria then i don't see any problem at all.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by pagee001: 8:41am On Mar 17, 2011
Oh ok thanks a lot
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 9:19am On Mar 17, 2011
pagee001:

Oh ok thanks a lot

No prob, all the best.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by tigerpaws(f): 10:15am On Mar 17, 2011
Migrants paid £2,000 to go home, but can ask to come back in two years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367037/Migrants-paid-2-000-home--ask-come-years.html#ixzz1GqXjweuJ
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Busybody2(f): 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
tigerpaws:

Migrants paid £2,000 to go home, but can ask to come back in two years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367037/Migrants-paid-2-000-home--ask-come-years.html#ixzz1GqXjweuJ

It used to be £5000 before and there was no limit to when you could come back and so some people collected 3 rounds before they decided to reduce the amount grin

Tiger come make we go give it a try na, we only live once jare tongue
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Faithwolf: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2011
Good evening/morning!

First time poster here, I apologise if this is in the wrong section or wrong place to ask, I know it may not be entirely the best place, but we are out of options.

I'm a 25 year old british citizen, and my partner is a 20 year old south african (female) - she is carrying my child, she is currently 5.5 months along.

We (on the advice of the CAB) applied for asylum for her upon finding out she was pregnant, on the basis that she couldnt go home (she was staying in the middle east, ofc cant go back there!)

we were declined, around 3/4 weeks later, we hired a lawyer, and we appealed it under section 3, and 8 of the human rights law, it was dismissed.

We understand the decision and are not arguing it, my questions are simply this.

we have at NO point, either at the court house, or following recieved any formal notifcation of when this '28 days' thing kicks in. as far as I understand it, Until I see it on a piece of paper saying we have x days, recorded delivery (as all the other legal documents have been, including the verdict) we arent in a rush?

Essentially, what we want, is to live together here. we need to know the best way of doing that. preferably without her leaving here. but if she must, we understand.

my questions are as follows!

1, Will we get a 'you have 28 days' letter? Because we have called the UKBA, our lawyer, and the assisted removal people, none of which have given us anything solid. we have made every effort to find out the information, and given the situation, it would be stupid of us to, dig more. its up to THEM to tell us how long we have right?

2, What is the fastest way to get this resolved? Is it for her to return to SA, apply for marriage entry clearance (bearing in mind, child is due in august.) and go from there?

3, IF we were to 'overstay' the 28 days (again, still no idea when its from/to) would the punishment of a 1 year ban apply to us if we wished to marry? (she originally came here on a visitors visa, fell pregnant, and we applied for asylum from there.)

4. IF we were to take the route of assisted removal (they pay for flights/cash etc) would that STILL impose a ban of x years, even if we apply to marry?

I love her to bits, and I want my child in this country (I understand she will be a british citizen by default), This is a genuine relationship, with alot of evidence to support it! marriage is something we want, and have wanted from the beginning, infact the only reason we didnt is, we were told we couldnt because she was under 21. we now know this is not the case. we just have to figure out the best way to do this, IF we are able to use assisted removal without incurring a penalty, (i.e going from asylum > marriage) then Im assuming thats our best option? (especially as money is tight, and I work fulltime as it is!)

Thanks for reading, and any advice you can give us would put our minds at ease.

Thanks,

Faith.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by peddyuk: 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
Can someone pls advice the best way of voluntary return from uk, is by obtaining new naija paali or
travel cert, which one can not hav a negative effect incase the person want to come back,
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
peddyuk:

Can someone pls advice the best way of voluntary return from uk, is by obtaining new naija paali or
travel cert, which one can not hav a negative effect incase the person want to come back,

Which ever way u try, it will still have negative impact on u if u want to return in the futher, the degree of the impact will depend on offence u committed.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by peddyuk: 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
i mean which one is the best, travel cert or, obtaining new naija paaali? to return back to naija frm uk?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2011
peddyuk:

i mean which one is the best, travel cert or, obtaining new naija paaali? to return back to naija frm uk?

9ja Passport
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by peddyuk: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
ok, pls how easy and quick can someone get one? and if u get a link kindly let me know pls
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
peddyuk:

ok, pls how easy and quick can someone get one? and if u get a link kindly let me know pls

All the information u need abt that is in Nigeria embassy website. Or go to their embassy in London and get info, i don't know how long it takes when one wants to get a new one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.