Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,448 members, 7,781,298 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:00 PM

Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route (15843 Views)

Lagos-kano Rail To Generate 250,000 Jobs – Amaechi / NRC Successfully Connects Ph-enugu Rail Line, Train Move 1st Time In 12 Years / NRC Commences Third Weekly Lagos-kano Train Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by Lakayana: 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
2sexy: [size=30pt]WHY ARE PEOPLE SAYING THAT N1,900 IS TOO MUCH? HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND ON RECHARGE CARD IN A MONTH? THINK, DO THE MATH AND THEM COME BACK HERE TO TELL US?[/size]
If you don't have anything to say don't bother they are trying to make life more bearable for the mases you complain they make it hard the same you would crucify uncle Jonathan haha!!!!!!!!!.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by headtoto: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
Lakayana: If you don't have anything to say don't bother they are trying to make life more bearable for the mases you complain they make it hard the same you would crucify uncle Jonathan haha!!!!!!!!!.

why will anyone say 1900 Naira Lagos to Kano is too much? Na wa for people o.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by Ninilowo(m): 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Hmmmmmmmmm I hope one day boko haram would not hijack these trains?
Hijack or Blow up?
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by thelastPope(m): 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Hmmmmmmmmm I hope one day boko haram would not hijack these trains?

Is that what you guys agreed in your coven? What a negative mind set! why can't you be happy for us once in your life? Even if you have to criticize, then do so constructively like those questioning the price not talking crap about boko aram.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by ogtavia(m): 2:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
30 hours is to much for a journey,what happened to express trains,it will make more sense if the government invests in fast trains,i dont see myself sitting in a train for 30 hrs from Lagos to Kano...even buses and cars dnt take dt long....express trains will be a good mode of transportation..
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by headtoto: 2:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
thelastPope:

Is that what you guys agreed in your coven? What a negative mind set! why can't you be happy for us once in your life? Even if you have to criticize, then do so constructively like those questioning the price not talking crap about boko aram.

Dont mind them.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by Nickydrake(m): 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
The pirate vessels then
attacked the fort. When the
governor had exhausted all his
ammunition, he tried to escape in a boat. He was captured and brought before Roberts, who swore at him for his impudence in resisting him. The governor swore back with such a rich vocabulary that the pirates
laughed and told their captain that he had been out-sworn. The
governor's life was spared, and he was left in possession of his
damaged fort.

Hahaha. The good old days when swearing was truly regarded as the fine art that it in fact is. That captain must have been one mean badass, outswearing a PIRATE! Darn!

I see very clearly now what Mark Twain meant when he said, ''Under certain circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to cannons''.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by Symphony007: 2:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
It is my earnest prayer that our celebration about having trains now don't turn to grief due to accident because yesterday i on t.v a train so crowded people were sitting on the roof and hanging on the sides. It is extremely dangerous and kill millions in countries like india and pakistan. We need to make ours safer for our people.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by ceejay80s(m): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
onye ego: More passengers= more trains
More trains = more jobs
More jobs = more employment
More employment= less unemployment
Less unemployment = Goodluck Jonathan is WORKING.

Very simple economics
so, u prefer to be conductor for the train?
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by zikclassiq(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
L brasi:
that price is not too much.
hw much u wan pay b4, na N900? Its Lagos to Kano o! Boundary to desert!
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by headtoto: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
zikclassiq: hw much u wan pay b4, na N900? Its Lagos to Kano o! Boundary to desert!

He said its not too much.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by kooto(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2013
otokx: They should increase the price if so
I can see how you think,[because there is rush fare should be increased] I hope you are not among Nigerians attacking GEJ for removing fuel subsidy; because if you are then you are what oyinbo call hypocrite.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2013

What kind of a response is this? Is it that you folks have suffered so much that more of the same is all you think you are worth? If you do not know how things should work at least look to examples around the world of how these same issues are tackled. As someone suggested, rather the number of coaches on that route ought to be increased to accommodate the people. I don't understand how anyone sane being can suggest that increasing fare is the way to go simply because there is high traffic to this particular destination. That is nothing but suffering-is-you-lot mentality.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by naptu2: 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
Symphony007: It is my earnest prayer that our celebration about having trains now don't turn to grief due to accident because yesterday i on t.v a train so crowded people were sitting on the roof and hanging on the sides. It is extremely dangerous and kill millions in countries like india and pakistan. We need to make ours safer for our people.

The railway police has been arresting them and charging them with attempted suicide, but Nigerians won't hear. This is why the Lagos State Government is building elevated train lines and erecting massive barriers beside its train lines.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
naptu2:

The railway police has been arresting them and charging them with attempted suicide, but Nigerians won't hear. This is why the Lagos State Government is building elevated train lines and erecting massive barriers beside its train lines.

Elevated train lines NO NOT stop or deter suicides. Please stop spreading that craze.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by pat077: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
dabrake: 30 hours!

Maka gini?
Maka d train dey move lyke Snail.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by ifeelgood: 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
I hope those Luxury bus owners won't go and remove the railtrack.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by headtoto: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
naptu2:

Laugh wan kill me die. You go school at all? So na because make people no ride on top trains, na im make dem raise the lines?
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by manny4life(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
thelastPope:

Even you? Haba, you dey fall hand with dis kind ignorant post, walahi!

Again:

Google is always your friend. It takes 2 days to travel from Los Angeles California to Austin Texas on Amtrak trains. That is 1400km. Locomotive trains are still used all over the world. Some of you just comment ignorantly.

Next time, before you ignorantly expose yourself use the same Google that you ask others to use. That Amtrak is offering the service, does it mean it's being largely patronized like in the Nigerian case? Why would someone spend 30+ hrs, and pay $141, and this doesn't include the sleeping bunk, whereas they can take a cheap flight and in 3hrs, they're at same location for almost the same price? Think with your head and not you azz.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by manny4life(m): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
anonimi:

Good question ordinarily BUT can you read
The report said that despite the "damn too much" time spent on the journey, there are too many customers/clients/passengers.
So, obviously, there are quite a number of (unemployed/underemployed/underpaid?) people who cannot afford the more exhorbitantly priced COMPETING alternatives of road & air transport and have opted for the cheaper but longer & less comfortable train option!!!

A lot of you guys are just either plainly silly or just completely ignorant. If you better better coaches that travel and 3x the same speed of the locomotive, won't you offer the same price and increase service on same route by x3? Geez, sometimes I feel like there are kids on this forum.

Spending 30hrs on a trip as against spend 10hrs for same trip, do the math - if you bought a train that travels at 3x the speed of the current train, everything remaining equal, wouldn't you cover the same 30hrs in three trips? Isn't that triple income? Man, a lot of yall lack simple business acumen. Going by your mentality, Nigeria is in derious trouble.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by thelastPope(m): 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
manny4life:

Next time, before you ignorantly expose yourself use the same Google that you ask others to use. That Amtrak is offering the service, does it mean it's being largely patronized like in the Nigerian case? Why would someone spend 30+ hrs, and pay $141, and this doesn't include the sleeping bunk, whereas they can take a cheap flight and in 3hrs, they're at same location for almost the same price? Think with your head and not you azz.

When you goof, be man enough to accept your blunder! You said it was too much and no one would want to use it and I showed you that it is in use all over the world including the advanced USA. You are still talking nonsense! The last time I checked, AMTRACK is still in business and making billions of dollars. You can't spin this. You have goofed. Accept it and move on. Don't dip your foot deeper into the poo. It isn't coaches that make a train run faster, it is engines. You are a real dolt for even replying. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by manny4life(m): 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
thelastPope:

When you goof, be man enough to accept your blunder! You said it was too much and no one would want to use it and I showed you that it is in use all over the world including the advanced USA. You are still talking nonsense! The last time I checked, AMTRACK is still in business and making billions of dollars. You can't spin this. You have goofed. Accept it and move on. Don't dip your foot deeper into the poo. It isn't coaches that make a train run faster, it is engines. You are a real dolt for even replying. SMH!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Seriously YOU NEED HELP, the cheap crack weed you're on is impairing your judgement

Here is my post again perhaps you missed the memo

manny4life: According to travelmath.com, Lagos to Kano is about 692 miles, so for a 30hrs trip, that is too much o...

They need to buy better coaches to compete, 30hrs is just damn too much, who wants to spend about a day and half on a train? Good initiative but needs serious development.

I started out with this, go through that post again and reference where I stated that coaches aren't used in the U.S. or worldwide?

Where in this post did I say no one wants to use it? How does me saying "who wants to spend about a day and half on a train" translate into "NO ONE WANTS TO USE IT"? Dude you're seriously high on crystal meth. Like duh, the title says passengers overwhelm NRC, that's an acknowledgement of fact, and I made the statement, who's fault is it that you did not learn figure of speech in school? Like seriously, LEARN TO bleeping READ and THINK.

Amtrak is still making billions, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No doubt they are, but at what cost? At the expense of tax payers, right? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only a fool doesn't know that Amtrak's NE corridor route and few other routes is what generate revenue for them, Amtrak has been making loses, thanks to the Almighty U.S. Congress that subsidizes Amtrak heavily, that's why you see them offering such services. Go and read more about Amtrak, before you come on here and expose further your level of ignorance.

And the engines are located where? In heaven right? Whether it's coaches or the engines, who cares? The bottom line is that the average Joe understands what the hell I'm saying. Again, quit acting dumb...ok
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by thelastPope(m): 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^ You have truly spoken like an unintelligent fellow. Just blabbing all over the place. Shameful! "Who wants to enter such trains?" means what?
Oh I see! In your own version of English, it must mean something else. Shameful level of reasoning you have! There is no need to join issues with a dolt like you. Too low!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by manny4life(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^
Obviously you can see how pathetic you sound now....

There's a difference between saying "who wants to spend 30hrs for a train ride" and "out rightly saying, no one wants to enter the trains". The former is not definite, it's relative depending on several factors and constraints like those who can't afford an alternative or those who simply wanna take their times, or whatever while the later is a absolute statement meaning NO regardless of the turn of events.

Dude, just quit it, ok brother. You're sounding like a sore loser.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by headtoto: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
manny4life:

Excuse me. How is 1900 Naira equals to $141?

1 Like

Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by ocelot2006(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
Now this is great news. The xpansion of this lucrative route must now be a priority of the FG and NRC. Provide additional coaches and engines to cater for the increased no of Pax and cargo. Also include additinal trips, and encourage the participation of the private sector.

That said, kudos to the FG and NRC.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by manny4life(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

Excuse me. How is 1900 Naira equals to $141?

Did you read my post well before quoting me? Please read again? I neither talked about Naira nor NRC, I was replying to my professor who was lecturing me on Amtrak.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by otokx(m): 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
The price should be increased so that it becomes a viable government project. The excesss can be used to buy more coaches and locomotives with additional government funding. There should be a plan to modernise it to make travelling time faster.
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
is that the solution? Are you a nigerian?
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
manny4life:

Well, I take Amtrak when I'm not in a hurry and want to enjoy the trip.

The issue here is that Trains are a matter of necessity in Nigeria due to the economy, IMHO. I take the train as a matter of semi luxury in the states. Trains takes me to back countries where I normally woudl not venture into. It also offers me sceneries that I woudl normally not ne exposed to, as a Photographer this is heaven on earth.

"Na person wey wear shoe know where he dey pain am."

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by driand(m): 6:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
lacicrips: What will I be doing on the rooad for 30hrs?
selling ground nuts!!! Lol..
Re: Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route by manny4life(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
Somorin#1:

Well, I take Amtrak when I'm not in a hurry and want to enjoy the trip.

The issue here is that Trains are a matter of necessity in Nigeria due to the economy, IMHO. I take the train as a matter of semi luxury in the states. Trains takes me to back countries where I normally woudl not venture into. It also offers me sceneries that I woudl normally not ne exposed to, as a Photographer this is heaven on earth.

"Na person wey wear shoe know where he dey pain am."

Exactly! That is why I replied here @ the bold

manny4life: ^^^
There's a difference between saying "who wants to spend 30hrs for a train ride" and "out rightly saying, no one wants to enter the trains". The former is not definite, it's relative depending on several factors and constraints like those who can't afford an alternative or those who simply wanna take their time, or whatever while the later is a absolute statement meaning NO regardless of the turn of events.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, I for one know that I won't spend that amount of time traveling for a 3hr trip by flight, hence my statement. Thank you for your response though, it was matured enough compared to the ill-mannered responses so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldier Begs Churches To Pray For Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram. See Reactions / Tony Kakaka: Tinubu is not Money Conscious like Others / Jonathan Didnt Meet Amaechi At The Dinner For Security Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.