Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? (63241 Views)

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? / King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
Tony Spike:

Let me assume for now that Carbon dating is indeed a false science (although I am sceptical about this). What about the NOK culture era? What about the Bantu expansions? Are those also false histories? The NOK era begun circa 1000 BC and the Bantu expansion occured circa 2500 BC. These eras occured at least 1000 yrs before your 70 AD proposal. Can you please enlighten me?
WHAT IS NOK ? AND LISTEN, I AM NOT SAYING THERE WAS ZERO POPULATION IN THE INTERIORS OF AFRICA DURING 70 AD. I AM SURE A FEW PEOPLE FROM THE NORTH EAST OF AFRICA MAY HAVE GOTTEN ADVENTUROUS AND WANDERED SOUTHWARDS INTO THE INTERIORS. HOWEVER SETTLEMENTS AND TRIBES AND COMMUNITIES OF PEOPLE DID NOT BEGIN TO ESTABLISH THERE UNTIL AFTER 70 AD. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE SOUTH HORN OF AFRICA OCCUPIED BY THE WHITES. WHEN THEY GOT TO THAT PART OF AFRICA THERE WAS VIRTUALLY NOBODY LIVING THERE. THIS IS WHY THEY SETTLED THERE. HOWEVER WHEN THE BLACKS GOT FURTHER SOUTH TO THE POINT WHERE THEIR PATHS MET IS WHERE THE TROUBLE STARTED. THE WHITES IN THE SOUTHERN HORN OF AFRICA GOT THERE BEFORE BLACKS REACHED THAT FAR SOUTH. AND THIS WAS ONLY 400 YEARS AGO IN THE 1600S. SO IF 400 YEARS AGO, THE SOUTHERN HORN OF AFRICA WAS UNOCCUPIED, CANT YOU SEE THAT THE CONTINENT ONLY GOT FULLY INHABITED AFTER 70 AD ?

SO TECHNICALLY YOU CAN SAY SOUTH AFRICA BELONGS TO WHITES.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: LET ME SHUT YOU DOWN REAL FAST ON THE BOLDED

LAMENTATIONS 4 VS 8 Their visage is blacker than a coal <<< COLOR OF THE JEWS

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine <<< COLOR OF THE JEWS

JOB 30 VS 30 My skin is black upon me <<< COLOR OF JOB

JEREMIAH 14 VS 2 Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; <<< COLOR OF THE JEWS

SONG OF SOLOMON 1 VS 5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem <<< COLOR OF KING SOLOMON

REVELATION 1 VS 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; <<< COLOR OF JESUS FEET. VERY DARK BROWN
Don't take everything you read in the bible literally. Ancient times authors are known for using a lot of illustrations and poetic words in their write ups to create drammatic effects.
It's called LITERATURE
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by mmmustapha(m): 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
kufre2010: i don't blem u because u hv been inductrinated 4rm birth wit foreign concepts by people who says black man has no soul and dat nothing good can come frm black. U better wake up and start diggng out truths. May ifa help make this inferiority complex disappear 4rm ur life. May foreign concept leav u so dat u can think like a freeborn and no more like a whiteman slave.
have u taken ur medicine
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Toks2008(m): 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Don't take everything you read in the bible literally. Ancient times authors are known for using a lot of illustrations and poetic words in their write ups to create drammatic effects.
It's called LITERATURE
THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IGNORANCE SUCH AS YOURS. CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IN.

HOSEA 4 VS 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by jeniud: 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] this space is for sale.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by hollypagan: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
i feel like to slap this writer
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Urine: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
I see history professors everywhere...Lord have mercy.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Queen of sheba ko queen of ijesha ni....customized bullshit. Was she maleed to king Solo of ijebu or who? Abegi make una clear road jawe....Ogun state ma foot
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by bellyjelly: 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: WHAT IS NOK ? AND LISTEN, I AM NOT SAYING THERE WAS ZERO POPULATION IN THE INTERIORS OF AFRICA DURING 70 AD. I AM SURE A FEW PEOPLE FROM THE NORTH EAST OF AFRICA MAY HAVE GOTTEN ADVENTUROUS AND WANDERED SOUTHWARDS INTO THE INTERIORS. HOWEVER SETTLEMENTS AND TRIBES AND COMMUNITIES OF PEOPLE DID NOT BEGIN TO ESTABLISH THERE UNTIL AFTER 70 AD. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE SOUTH HORN OF AFRICA OCCUPIED BY THE WHITES. WHEN THEY GOT TO THAT PART OF AFRICA THERE WAS VIRTUALLY NOBODY LIVING THERE. THIS IS WHY THEY SETTLED THERE. HOWEVER WHEN THE BLACKS GOT FURTHER SOUTH TO THE POINT WHERE THEIR PATHS MET IS WHERE THE TROUBLE STARTED. THE WHITES IN THE SOUTHERN HORN OF AFRICA GOT THERE BEFORE BLACKS REACHED THAT FAR SOUTH. AND THIS WAS ONLY 400 YEARS AGO IN THE 1600S. SO IF 400 YEARS AGO, THE SOUTHERN HORN OF AFRICA WAS UNOCCUPIED, CANT YOU SEE THAT THE CONTINENT ONLY GOT FULLY INHABITED AFTER 70 AD ?

SO TECHNICALLY YOU CAN SAY SOUTH AFRICA BELONGS TO WHITES.
I have been trying to find intelligence in all of your posts but it has occurred to me that you know absolutely nothing about Africa.I assume that you are black thus shame on you!I would go further to call you an idi*ot but you must know this already about yourself.I am not going to waste my time to educate you..that was what your teachers should have done but I see they have failed to educate you.There should be a local Library near you not to far from your house,I suggest you go there,read a few books,and please try to educate yourself before posting idiotic posts.Thank you.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
bellyjelly:
[s]I have been trying to find intelligence in all of your posts but it has occurred to me that you know absolutely nothing about Africa.I assume that you are black thus shame on you!I would go further to call you an idi*ot but you must know this already about yourself.I am not going to waste my time to educate you..that was what your teachers should have done but I see they have failed to educate you.There should be a local Library near you not to far from your house,I suggest you go there,read a few books,and please try to educate yourself before posting idiotic posts.Thank you.[/s]
proverbs 1 vs 22 "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Taeewo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
toba: This debate came up in church early this morning and some congregants who have visited the site where she was allegedly buried attested to this. she's described as Queen of Sheba

A Google search says this 'In the tenth century, the Queen of Sheba ruled over an ancient kingdom along the Red Sea, known as Abyssinia. It is found today in modern Ethiopia or Yemen. Archeologists have been digging in the Nigerian rainforest at Eredo, near what may have been her gravesite'

A further search gave me a result of a 2010 publication in the Vanguard News paper
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/birikisu-sungbo-king-solomons-african-queen/

Seriously, i don't know what to say or believe, but im sure some Nigerians especially those from Ogun state might have heard about the story, since the shrine is still in Ijebu Ogun state
for yoruba's dat want to confirm the story,watch ADITU OLOHUN FUNFUN even her buried ground n surrounding are alwayz neat without clean up bt she's a Muslim
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Taeewo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
toba: This debate came up in church early this morning and some congregants who have visited the site where she was allegedly buried attested to this. she's described as Queen of Sheba

A Google search says this 'In the tenth century, the Queen of Sheba ruled over an ancient kingdom along the Red Sea, known as Abyssinia. It is found today in modern Ethiopia or Yemen. Archeologists have been digging in the Nigerian rainforest at Eredo, near what may have been her gravesite'

A further search gave me a result of a 2010 publication in the Vanguard News paper
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/birikisu-sungbo-king-solomons-african-queen/

Seriously, i don't know what to say or believe, but im sure some Nigerians especially those from Ogun state might have heard about the story, since the shrine is still in Ijebu Ogun state
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Kslib(m): 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2013
Sweetlemon:
It's called LITERATURE
What do you understand about literature.. There are some bible verses that you just know without anyone telling you that it has a specific literal meaning... Those verses there are purely literal my dear.
I'm sure you dont know who OBADIAH777 Is when it comes to the connection btw black history and the bible.. When it comes to breaking down scriptures in the bible literally or not,i always look forward to his posts,cos he does his research well and has lots of historical knowledge,and i respect him and his sources for that... I like people who argue with facts and logic rather than the normal "na lie" "na lie" na true" "natrue"..
OBADIAH777 dont just waste your time trying to prove a point to them,cos they will rather argue than bring proof and logic to back their arguement...

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
Just to mention that the term "Ethiopia", used in any references or texts of the ancient world, refer to Africa south of the Sahara in its entirety. So there is no reason to limit the possible origins of bilikisu sungbo to the modern day territory of Ethiopia. Thanks.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Kslib:
What do you understand about literature.. There are some bible verses that you just know without anyone telling you that it has a specific literal meaning... Those verses there are purely literal my dear.
I'm sure you dont know who OBADIAH777 Is when it comes to the connection btw black history and the bible.. When it comes to breaking down scriptures in the bible literally or not,i always look forward to his posts,cos he does his research well and has lots of historical knowledge,and i respect him and his sources for that... I like people who argue with facts and logic rather than the normal "na lie" "na lie" na true" "natrue"..
OBADIAH777 dont just waste your time trying to prove a point to them,cos they will rather argue than bring proof and logic to back their arguement...
THANKS KSLIB. I APPRECIATE YOUR POST. I AM HAVING A SLOW DAY SO I MAY INDULGE A FEW MORE CRETINS grin grin

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
I'm from Ijebu Ode my grand father told me about this story before he died
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Kslib(m): 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: THANKS KSLIB. I APPRECIATE YOUR POST. I AM HAVING A SLOW DAY SO I MAY INDULGE A FEW MORE CRETINS grin grin
No wahala!!! I must say,i have learnt quite a handfull of important facts from your posts in the religion section,keep it up!! But i will stick attack you when something seems weird in any of your posts oh.....

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
Kslib:
No wahala!!! I must say,i have learnt quite a handfull of important facts from your posts in the religion section,keep it up!! But i will stick attack you when something seems weird in any of your posts oh.....
LMAO JUST PROMISE NOT TO ATTACK ME WITH WMD grin wink
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by sammay14: 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
Anything thing outside the BIBLE should be ignored. The says she was from Ethopia, final.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Kslib(m): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: LMAO JUST PROMISE NOT TO ATTACK ME WITH WMD grin wink
Well,it depends on the level of weirdness.. Anyway,i love weird stuffs though cos it stimulates my thinking,so,you are safe..
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
Kslib:
Well,it depends on the level of weirdness.. Anyway,i love weird stuffs though cos it stimulates my thinking,so,you are safe..
LMAO. YEAH HOWEVER I WOULDNT CALL WHAT I DO WEIRD. IT MAY BE WEIRD IN THIS ERA OF LOW ATTENTION SPAN. PEOPLE DONT WANT TO THINK DEEP ANYMORE. THEY HAVE TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS. IPODS IPADS INTERNET CABLE XBOX IPHONES ETC ETC. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DUMBED DOWN BY TECHNOLOGY. IN AN ERA LIKE THIS A DEEP THINKER IS CONSIDERED A WEIRDO LOLZ
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by uncletbuddy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
Truly all this make me love 9ja more... singing I love my country I love 9ja
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by TableLeg(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ok
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by emandman: 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
It's a pity! when u visit foreign forums on issues lyk these,only ppl that has proofs speak,even though it might be evidence to proof OP is wrong...but so far ppl jst dey tok scrap,i live in ogun and av heard bout the place several times,i dnt say i believe it but it exists and it is real...so dnt jst turn issues lyk this to entertainment and joke...its hard to learn anytn on dis forum...ppl make fun of issues 2much,i undastand there shd b lyter mood.but on eyeopening thread lyk dis we shd allow ppl dt av knowldge of d topic to speak!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Sweetlemon(f): 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
Kslib:
Na wa for you o!
Did I tell you that it's all the bible verses that shouldn't be taken literally
Abeg, I said SOME o!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by vislabraye(m): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
Africa has very good folklores. Make dem carry go jare.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by scram(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: LMAO. YEAH HOWEVER I WOULDNT CALL WHAT I DO WEIRD. IT MAY BE WEIRD IN THIS ERA OF LOW ATTENTION SPAN. PEOPLE DONT WANT TO THINK DEEP ANYMORE. THEY HAVE TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS. IPODS IPADS INTERNET CABLE XBOX IPHONES ETC ETC. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DUMBED DOWN BY TECHNOLOGY. IN AN ERA LIKE THIS A DEEP THINKER IS CONSIDERED A WEIRDO LOLZ

Sorry, but it has been like that since the days of yore.
But, again, aren't deep thinkers weirdos?

Q. is this thinking deep your profession or you're just a freelance thinker on nairaland?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by maclatunji: 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Toba #Sorry. Question: What would a great queen like that of Sheba be looking for in the then thick forest of Ogun State? I know of what you speak of but it is more of the results of some people's active imagination.

It is as ludicrous as saying Oduduwa came from Mecca- brother please.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by baby124: 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
This is a very impressive story. She was definitely a woman of great importance, wealth and influence. Who exactly was she? The quran calls the queen of sheba Bilquis. Yoruba barstardization of bilqis is bilikisu. And that is what the locals call her. A wall spanning 100 miles, wow.The Ogun state government should take care of the site and make it a tourist center. Also invite better archeologists to make their experiments. This is a wonderful story, and something of pride even if found untrue. That a Yoruba woman could achieve all this. grin. Haters on this thread can drink poison. tongue. It is a UNESCO heritage site after all. Very impressive this bilikisu. But what else is to be expected from a Yoruba woman? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.