Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,498 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:33 PM

ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee (13223 Views)

PDP Releases List Of Key Members Allegedly Marked For Death By APC / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Pacesetter2: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2013
ACN appoints merger committee, restates commitment to merger with CPC, ANPP
On January 20, 2013 · In News 12:35 pm
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has appointed a 19-member committee with the mandate to negotiate its planned merger with the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).
In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the committee, to be chaired by Chief Tom Ikimi, has as members Aremo Olusegun Osoba, OtunbaNiyi Adebayo, Governors Babatunde Fashola and Rauf Aregbesola, Sen. John Akpanudoedehe, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyawu, Sen. George Akume and Hon.Abike Dabiri-Erewa.
Other members are Sen. Lawal Shuaibu, Chief Audu Ogbe, Chief Achike Udenwa, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Sen. Chris Ngige, Dr. Usman Bugaje, Hadjia Rabiat Eshak, Dr. Ibrahim Y. Lame, Alhaji Yusuf Ali and Alhaji LaiMohammed.
ACN said the appointment of the committee is an indication of its total commitment to making the merger a reality, adding that there is no going back in the party’s determination to work with the CPC and the ANPP to rescue and salvage Nigeria.
It also congratulated the leadership of the CPC and the ANPP, which have already named their own merger committees, for their patriotism, and appealed to all Nigerians to support the planned merger.
”We will like to inform Nigerians that contrary to whatthe doubters and spoilers are saying, the three parties are going into the merger plans unconditionally and without a set mind over posts or anything else. The only issue that has been settled is the urgent need to rescue and salvage our country. In this regard, the opposition knows it has a date with history!” ACN said

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/acn-appoints-merger-committee-restates-commitment-to-merger-with-cpc-anpp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

7 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Akanbiedu(m): 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
Following, Our country must be rescued from saboteurs.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Odutodaiwa: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
So far, ACN and CPC have lived up to expectoration in their drive towards the merger of both parties. One thing I find amazing in both committees is their national outlook as well as appeal. May God continue to guide them. Amen.

9 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Maxymilliano(m): 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
The picture is getting clearer and things are finally taking shape. PDP against the rest...

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Something tells me this whole idea will not work

4 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Tolexander: 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
Merge today, slash tomorrow!
E be like say GEJ don infest everything with committee.
I pray it works out if it is going to be the issue of '3 good heads are better than 1 bad head'.

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by FreeGlobe(f): 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
This jokers want to merge to have a shot at the national coffers not for the interest of Nigeria. Well, this will fail as usual. Either PDP finds a way to drop Jonathan and continue or this nation should be peacefully divided after GEJ's tenure. ACN is a bigger evil than PDP

6 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
I'm dancing Azonto...PDP is goin..goin..going..to the back seat.
Up Chelsea jor!

3 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Ikengawo: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Recruiting bastards and thieves like Udenwa and Ngige aren't my cup of tea, but this should be interesting

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Akanbiedu(m): 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ikengawo: Recruiting bastards and thieves like Udenwa and Ngige aren't my cup of tea, but this should be interesting

What makes them bastards?

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by lacasa: 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Bad belle go dey wonder **grin**
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by jumobi1(m): 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
Tom Ikimi
ACN ANPP & CPC are not the answers we need. They are full of corrupt members

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by GARRIx7(m): 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
Nice one!!

A strong and viable opposition is very important for our democracy. Now its either Jonathan delivers or come 2015 he'll be out of Aso-Rock!!!

9 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Gbawe: 6:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
Good move. They should get the merger formally concluded ASAP and move on to the more difficult task of mobilising at the grass-root level. They don't have as much time as they think they do. No single Party can defeat the PDP . With this in mind, the merging Parties must move with haste.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by omiobo: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
If the merger will not work,it should least push GEJ to perform better. I'm in full support of the merger. I want to see a real battle come 2015. Abi na 2014 according Pastor Bakare.

8 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Afam4eva(m): 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
What's it with Nigerians and hypocrisy...

On that list are former members of PDP and people who have contunually joined the bandwagon of thieves to plunder our resources. I guess the ACN supporters won't bat an eye lid because they're now working for ACN.

PDP is evil, ACN is evil, CPC is evil.

16 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Akanbiedu(m): 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
Afam4eva: What's it with Nigerians and hypocrisy...

On that list are former members of PDP and people who have contunually joined the bandwagon of thieves to plunder our resources. I guess the ACN supporters won't bat an eye lid because they're now working for ACN.

So what should we do now, since every party is evil?

14 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by taharqa: 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Nice one!!

A strong and viable opposition is very important for our democracy. Now its either Jonathan delivers or come 2015 he'll be out of Aso-Rock!!!
Agreed....at d end of day, dis merger and stronger Opp parties is in d overall interests of d nation regardless of what happens in 2015...

2 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by taharqa: 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2013

They are ALL d same (or rather, almost d same). Howeva, d hope is dat Real political competition and continuous push up of Standards esp unda pressure by d society (and electorates) wud weed out d 'bad' ones or their tedencies in these parties ova time..

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by jmaine: 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2013

I get your point . . .Whichever way you look at it . . . Am all for the merger . . . .Cos our political clime will be better off for it

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by takedat(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
taharqa: They are ALL d same (or rather, almost d same). Howeva, d hope is dat Real political competition and continuous push up of Standards esp unda pressure by d society (and electorates) wud weed out d 'bad' ones or their tedencies in these parties ova time..
Fantastic! But only if we all get politically involved and not this usual "sit-down look" or "na demdem"attitude. This merger should be encouraged by all not because they are any different but because its germane to our political/democratic evolution to have a strong opposition irrespective of 2015 elections!

8 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Gbawe: 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
taharqa: Agreed....at d end of day, dis merger and stronger Opp parties is in d overall interests of d nation regardless of what happens in 2015...

Correct. There is a very important aspect to things beyond our personal opinions, affiliations and bias. It is the aspect that concerns the evolution of Nigerian politics till it resemble models we all envy worldwide. Regardless of our personal opinion, It is indeed in the long-term interest of the Nation for the opposition to be strong politically. When any ruling Party knows that the opposition is strong enough to boot them out at the next poll if they do not perform, then they will deliver at least the basics instead of feeling comfortable taking everything/everyone for granted.

5 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
I dont get it. If it is not about winning power at the centre, then what is it about?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
Check out those names on the list and see if they are all people of clean character.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Ngwakwe: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
In a situation the merger succeeds, they should endevour to name the new party; Peoples Democratic Congress (PDC) to indicate the composition of the party.

Why admit those gullible PDP chieftains that have soiled their hands in both corruption and spilling of innocent blood like Udenwa and Co.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 7:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
how can parties with different ideologies gang up? I dont get it. Do they have ideologies though? They are all capitalsts, billionaires, business men and you tell me they are for the down trodden people?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by omiobo: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2013

Are you not evil? When evil fights evil,I think time of revolution is near.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by simmydebadest(m): 7:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
War against PDP...choi
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Oluabayomi1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
The only reasonable person on d ACN list is Fashola while others are old fools who ve ruined d future of their children's children.
The devil(PDP) we know is better Dan d angel(Merger party) we dont know.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by colombiana: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
Pace$etter:
ACN appoints merger committee, restates commitment to merger with CPC, ANPP
On January 20, 2013 · In News 12:35 pm
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has appointed a 19-member committee with the mandate to negotiate its planned merger with the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).
In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the committee, to be chaired by Chief Tom Ikimi, has as members Aremo Olusegun Osoba, OtunbaNiyi Adebayo, Governors Babatunde Fashola and Rauf Aregbesola, Sen. John Akpanudoedehe, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyawu, Sen. George Akume and Hon.Abike Dabiri-Erewa.
Other members are Sen. Lawal Shuaibu, Chief Audu Ogbe, Chief Achike Udenwa, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Sen. Chris Ngige, Dr. Usman Bugaje, Hadjia Rabiat Eshak, Dr. Ibrahim Y. Lame, Alhaji Yusuf Ali and Alhaji LaiMohammed.
ACN said the appointment of the committee is an indication of its total commitment to making the merger a reality, adding that there is no going back in the party’s determination to work with the CPC and the ANPP to rescue and salvage Nigeria.
It also congratulated the leadership of the CPC and the ANPP, which have already named their own merger committees, for their patriotism, and appealed to all Nigerians to support the planned merger.
”We will like to inform Nigerians that contrary to whatthe doubters and spoilers are saying, the three parties are going into the merger plans unconditionally and without a set mind over posts or anything else. The only issue that has been settled is the urgent need to rescue and salvage our country. In this regard, the opposition knows it has a date with history!” ACN said

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/acn-appoints-merger-committee-restates-commitment-to-merger-with-cpc-anpp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
I don't see the diff btw all the parties just the disciplined leader makes the diff cuz I can bet if fsshola was in pdp he would have done as much so names of parties is all just scam just one vulture trying to claw the eyes out of the other. Greed, power and vengeance is all I see in dis. Mtchewwww
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by AnitaMandy: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
The devil we know is better than the angel we don't know. This merger will consist of 3 political parties, 3 different set of looters coming to loot our treasury. Though they will say its for the good of the country, you and I know that their pockets come first. Goodluck to them.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

United Nations Position On Biafra / June 12: Gani Adams Hails Buhari, Asks Him To Restructure Nigeria / Tinubu Attends Parley With NLC And CSOs In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.