Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? (1157 Views)

The First 5 Things Ladies Look At Within The First 50 Seconds Of Meeting A Guy / She Is Scared Of Meeting My Parents.. PLS HELP / I Cheated On My Wife With Another Mans Wife What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Melmo: 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hi. I'm meeting my partners mother tomorrow. She seems to be a hardcore Nigerian women and this is her first son. So should I expect tomorrow taking into account I am younger than him?
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by headtoto: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Excuse me. Were you expected to be older than him?

Is there any ceremony when you meet an in law? What do you expect apart from the usual niceties and maybe some few questions.

1 Like

Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to: Excuse me. Were you expected to be older than him?

Is there any ceremony when you meet an in law? What do you expect apart from the usual niceties and maybe some few questions.
I tire!

All dis kids sef, make una go rent brain na undecided

2 Likes

Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Nnekacherry: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
Juvenile..

Anyway.. Just be yourself..

1 Like

Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by greedie1(f): 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
be u!!
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by k2039: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
Just ensure you kneel to greet her tomorrow.
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by headtoto: 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by kittykat1(f): 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
Nlders una wicked o. D bab just wants to make a good first impression. Is there anything wrong abt that?

Please OP, what part of Nigeria is the man from? Where are u from?
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
u r meeting ur guy's mum tomorrow, and so wot ? is she a masquerade? y dont u just be who u r ..or u expect us to tell u to greet her, lyk u dont kno u ll greet her??
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Mynd44: 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
There is no better first impression than being yourself and don't try to force anything.
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
kitty kat: Nlders una wicked o. D bab just wants to make a good first impression. Is there anything wrong abt that?

Please OP, what part of Nigeria is the man from? Where are u from?
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by oboy3(m): 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
@op,dress sexy preferably bum shot,and put on High heels,when you see her at first say "MAMA WHATS UP?"
i swear she would love you dearly

3 Likes

Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Sweetlemon(f): 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dondav: Are you supposed to be older than him? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Lol! Maybe the OP meant she MUCH younger than the man.
@ OP, I understand perfectly how you feel. I'm sure you are high one minute and shaky the next right?
1. She will ask you a barrage of questions. Answer them truthfully and to the best of your knowledge.
2. Do not go over board trying to impress her doing stuff you know you won't be able to keep up with. It will come back to haunt you cos she will be expecting you to keep it up.
3. Dress casually elegant, yet simple. A white top on a multi-patterned ankara skirt or an ankara blouse on a pair of jeans will do wonders.
4. Bend your Knees well to greet her. Speak respectfully and use "ma" when you want to say anything to her or ask her anything.
5. Smile.

Congrats! Your man found you important enough to meet his mama formally. Expect a ring soon wink(unless you do something really bad)

2 Likes

Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by djeezy(m): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
k2039: Just ensure you kneel to greet her tomorrow.
Not necessary in some cultures. I presume you're Yoruba.@op, just be yourself.
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by ITbomb(m): 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Congrats! Your man found you important enough to meet his mama formally. Expect a ring soon wink(unless you do something really bad)
U didn't briefed us on how urs went, or is this the summary.
When is the wedding.
Has the fvrking bed been bought yet?
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by kittykat1(f): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
She did. He gave her a beautiful ring and asked to be permitted to come to the father to buy a bed.

ITbomb:
U didn't briefed us on how urs went, or is this the summary.
When is the wedding.
Has the fvrking bed been bought yet?
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by topsco(m): 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
Melmo: Hi. I'm meeting my partners mother tomorrow.
Waoh that is nice...Congrats
Melmo:
She seems to be a hardcore Nigerian women and this is her first son.
U failed to mention What part of Nigeria; So u will get a specific answer dat will help u about dat areas culture,their mode of greetings,what they look at in who is about to be an in-law,n d type of gift they cherish,etc.
Be a first son,much is expected of u,just be ur real self no faking o o.

Melmo:
So should I expect tomorrow taking into account I am younger than him?
what account,Are u older than him? Cos as a Nigerian we do expect d hubby to be older.
...well whatever,just b urself,dress moderately n responsibly cos ur dressing will speaks who u are,take one thing at a time,n be respectful.

Se ohun gbogbo ni iwon tu won si,ma se se ju agbara re lo....
Ni o yaya si ebi okunrin na...
Rerin muse...
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by ITbomb(m): 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
kitty kat: She did. He gave her a beautiful ring and asked to be permitted to come to the father to buy a bed.

K , thanks
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
Make sure you wear white and roll on the ground at sighting him as greeting. *Sign of respect* lipsrsealed
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Konnektions146(m): 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
no faking, no forming.

be free and try to adjust well if u re sleepin over.

try and adapt to the environment and dont express yur displeasure out rightly if u are not very comfortable physically.

hope u have a good communication medium with yur man. eg signs and stuff.

good luck
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Melmo: 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hi everyone. I'm south african and he is nigerian from south south. His parents are in town so I'm meeting them this week. I just wanted to get advice because South african people and nigerian people are very different so I don't want to make a mistake. My man has told me what to expect but in a vague way. I just don't want to disappoint her or myself or my man. Its a complicated situation. He has a child and I'm coming in as the woman he wants to marry and I guess the step mother of his baby. So please don't insult me. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all.
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by beylinko(m): 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mynd_44: There is no better first impression than being yourself and don't try to force anything.
this is all you need Op
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by naijainfogalery: 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
First of all, Smile (very Important)
When you wanna greet her if she is yoruba (Kneel Down) Nigerians respect their Culture
Dont be too forward
Complement her, That her son has said a lot about her and bla bla bla
Dont look Scared or afraid (they could see that as being a pretender)
Just be yourself and enjoy
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Mynd44: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^^
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
I have a very important piece of advice for you, are you listening? Just BE yourself. Don't be ingratiating,don't struggle for her to like you, don't kiss her ass, seriously, because tomorrow will determine the tone of your relationship with her. If she's gonna like you,then it really doesn't matter what you do, as long as you're not I'll- mannered, or downright nasty or disrespectful.
Re: Meeting My Mans Mother Tomorrow. Any Advice? by Melmo: 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
Thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Girl If You're Really Shy: Ten Practical Tips / Please Guyz, Need Ur Help; Pls Teach Me How To Ask A Lady Out. / >> 5 Reasons Why My Android Smartphone Is Better Than A Girl Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.