Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? (5764 Views)

Does It Mean No Internet Service Provision For Those With 2/3g Phones On Ntel? / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / How To Get 4G Data Bundle ON Airtel Unlimited Plan #1500 For 2 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by ciphoenix: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
joeydozzy:

4g isn't really that different from 3g maybe a little is seen in the download speed but LTE....... phew
should they really be flaunting HSPA+ as 4G?
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
ciphoenix: should they really be flaunting HSPA+ as 4G?

yeah
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by ciphoenix: 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
Naija networks and their below par service. Imagine advertising the HSPA+ as 42mb/s when they can't offer such
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Francheezy(m): 9:11am On Jan 22, 2013
aw wld 4g b in kbps, it shld b in mbps...l0l
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by amblors(m): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2013
ciphoenix: Naija networks and their below par service. Imagine advertising the HSPA+ as 42mb/s when they can't offer such
Na wa for ya sys spec sha, na machine b dat
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2013
ciphoenix: Naija networks and their below par service. Imagine advertising the HSPA+ as 42mb/s when they can't offer such

even LTE doesn't give up to that
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by ciphoenix: 5:12am On Jan 24, 2013
joeydozzy:

even LTE doesn't give up to that
THE LTE standard permits speeds of up to 400mbps. but currently, networks promise 100mbps
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by xxyz17(m): 10:16am On Jan 24, 2013
D data service capability of our network providers can't be said to be d same with those in advanced countries, but I tell you that there's been huge improvement in d last couple of years. Honestly this 4G is super fast, faster than any previous web surfing experience I've had. To enjoy d same speed on my Galaxy Tab 2, I hook it up to d BlackBerry device through Mobile Hotspot. Most times I even lose ideas of what to download cheesy
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by ciphoenix: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
it's not
4g jor tongue
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
ciphoenix: THE LTE standard permits speeds of up to 400mbps. but currently, networks promise 100mbps

that is the standard but real life xperience, Lte doesn't give up to that
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by xxyz17(m): 1:08am On Jan 25, 2013
Bro what's up u nau, abi u dey jealous d 4G cheesy
ciphoenix: it's not
4g jor tongue
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by francis247(m): 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
xxyz17: Una they confuse me joor, my device says 4G, then 4G it is cheesy
Maybe. But the Download speed I get on Glo 3.75g at morning is twice higher than what you posted up there.
btw, if that's the speed of 4G, it means there truly is no hope for High Speed Internet in this country From These TELCOM operators. None of them has ever been able to provide 1mb per second speed, real time, on download, on a device as high as 7.2mb per second HSDPA.

1 Like

Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by xxyz17(m): 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
Bro you said you usually get that high download speed at a particular time of the day. I get download speeds far higher than what I posted before sometimes though
francis247: Maybe. But the Download speed I get on Glo 3.75g at morning is twice higher than what you posted up there.
btw, if that's the speed of 4G, it means there truly is no hope for High Speed Internet in this country From These TELCOM operators. None of them has ever been able to provide 1mb per second speed, real time, on download, on a device as high as 7.2mb per second HSDPA.
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 4:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
xxyz17: BlackBerry 9810
get ur facts right
ur fone is not 4G/LTE compartible

1 Like

Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by puskin: 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
Please.....which one is 4G again.......in naija??

Una no go kill me with laugh.

Anyways, I don't have 4G, neither do I think I have 3.75G, what I know is that I have HSDPA....and check out my download speed.

1 Like

Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by puskin: 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
Now, if ur speed no reach that one, don't talk about 4G.

Your BB shows you that you have 4G......and you nodded your head in the affirmative.

FYI: that na MTN speed.
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
what software? IDm or DAP ?
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by ciphoenix: 6:59am On Jan 26, 2013
joeydozzy: what software? IDm or DAP ?
it's definitely idm na
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by xxyz17(m): 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sorry bro, just take a look at that screenshot and say that again wink
lynxnoon:
get ur facts right
ur fone is not 4G/LTE compartible

1 Like

Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by folafola(m): 5:23am On Jan 28, 2013
IDM speeds up your download and if you need the full version I get it
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by ciphoenix: 8:08am On Jan 28, 2013
xxyz17: Sorry bro, just take a look at that screenshot and say that again wink
it's obvious that RIM considers HSPA a 4G technology, which is wrong and misleading
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Francheezy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
r.i.m nd it users are ......
Aw i g0 take put am
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by xxyz17(m): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2013
Not really, before I updated to this my newest OS, it was 3G/HSPA(H+). What I discovered was that my hardware had 4G capability but lacks the corresponding software to get the 4G service cool
ciphoenix: it's obvious that RIM considers HSPA a 4G technology, which is wrong and misleading
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2013
xxyz17: Not really, before I updated to this my newest OS, it was 3G/HSPA(H+). What I discovered was that my hardware had 4G capability but lacks the corresponding software to get the 4G service cool
i still stand on my word that ur device is 3G/3G+ capable and not 4G/LTE
and even if u were lucky to have d 4G chip on ur device, theres no gsm coy in naija offering that at the moment
cheers

1 Like

Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2013
@poster
to prove that ur device really has a 4G chip, put up a screenshot showing the mobile network options i.e AUTO,2G/EDGE, 2G/3G, 3G ONLY, 4G ONLY
cheers
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 10:35am On Jan 29, 2013
ciphoenix: it's obvious that RIM considers HSPA a 4G technology, which is wrong and misleading
GBAM!! smiley cool
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Gbadebo01(m): 11:15am On Jan 29, 2013
W3xy1: 4g speed suppose to load upto 1mbps
1 mbps? thats slow for a 4g network.. it shud reach realistic speeds between 10mbps nd 20mbps. Before on ma etisalat, i get download speeds of upto 2.5mbps but nw highest mayb 500kbps.
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Gbadebo01(m): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2013
lynxnoon: @poster
to prove that ur device really has a 4G chip, put up a screenshot showing the mobile network options i.e AUTO,2G/EDGE, 2G/3G, 3G ONLY, 4G ONLY
cheers
Bb has that particular 4g network option i have seen it on a couple of bb fones. the stuff is that RIM is kinda misplacing HSPA+ i.e. 3.75g as 4g.
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Defaramade(m): 1:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
4G in naija 4 now, i don't think so. Ur phone may display 4G but dat is not real 4G because ur phone does not support 4G network & even if it does 4G is not yet operating in nigeria. If u doubt me go google ur phone out & check d specifications @ www.gsmarena.com or www.phonearena.com
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by Gbadebo01(m): 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
Defaramade: 4G in naija 4 now, i don't think so. Ur phone may display 4G but dat is not real 4G because ur phone does not support 4G network & even if it does 4G is not yet operating in nigeria. If u doubt me go google ur phone out & check d specifications @ www.gsmarena.com or www.phonearena.com
we have 4g LTE in naija o padi mi.its just that most phones dont support it yet.. as fr as i knw.. glo launched it in 2011, airtel just finished test running it last year. wimax is also been tasked in sum quarters as 4G.

1 Like

Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by xxyz17(m): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
Just take a look at the sceeenshot I uploaded earlier and draw your conclusion.
Defaramade: 4G in naija 4 now, i don't think so. Ur phone may display 4G but dat is not real 4G because ur phone does not support 4G network & even if it does 4G is not yet operating in nigeria. If u doubt me go google ur phone out & check d specifications @ www.gsmarena.com or www.phonearena.com
Re: Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? by UncleJJ(m): 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
Dumb ass nicka , 4g is available on many handsets - just not activated. If you know what ur doing u can get that activated.

But, in Naija - that 4g is barely 3g- cos our 3/3.5 no be so.

We need to demand better services. MTN is shit, airtel dey try but etisalat -- not bad.

Can get up to 700kbps download , when tethering my old man's ipad and its 3g not 4 g.

And, the S3 say's 4g on mtn but cant even download youtube vdo's without chopping ....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ios, Anyone? / Recharge Card That Works With All Network / Help Me With The Identity Of This Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.