Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners, Sees An Anti-isla - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners, Sees An Anti-isla (663 Views)

I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners, Sees An Anti-isla by fkaz(m): 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
“No Nation Can Fight Islam And Succeed” (Sheik Gumi)
Islamic cleric Sheik Ahmad Mahmoud Gumi has raised an opposing view to the decision by the Nigerian government to send troops to fight on the side of France against so-called “Islamic terrorists” in Mali.
In a post on his website, the cleric argued that there was no justifiable reason to send troops.
He wrote:
“Today Nigerian troops are committed in Mali to fight ‘Islamic terrorists’ without intellectually looking at the repercussion of suchan adventure. We all know that the ‘War against terror’ which Islam also fights can easily be turned into war against Islam. Thereis a thin line between the two. And if caution is not taken, the situation can seriously be dangerous for the nation and more so for the government.
“One thing is very clear. No nation on earth can fight Islam and succeed. A Russian General was interviewed just before the illegalBush Jr's attack on Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein and he urged Bush to tap into Russia's experiences in Afghanistan. The General said: “I advise the US not to attack Iraq, because if it does that, then it will be fighting the whole Muslim community and whoever fights the whole Muslim community will not succeed”.
"When I heard those words, I was amused. First I knew that Saddam Hussein was not a favorite of many Muslims, I therefore wondered who will fight for him if Iraq is attacked. Secondly, what weapons do the Muslims have that the superpowers cannot defeatin warfare?
“I now see what he means. The Soviet Union fought the Mujahideen for almost 13 years in Afghanistan and ended up disintegrated. Now, the USA is facing a similar challenge that made the Soviet Union unmanageable and finally fall. The USA has been a free country where money flows in and out, where business flourishes with little hindrance. But the moment Bush liedand tried to attack Iraq, a sovereign nation, all the Muslim states - even those that are moderate – were frightened by his recklessness.
“Americans were also frightened of a possible backlash from such an adventure, inflaming an already volatile situation. The end result has been stringent monitoring and restriction of the flow of money in and out of the country. A self-imposed umbilical stenosis, a self-imposed strangulation. Nobody will again trust the USA, therefore people now prefer Asia for their business, medical care and even education.
“All this was started by an idiot who caused untold hardship for his citizens and others alike. Today, Bush Jr and his defense secretary ‘Hamana’ Rumsfeld are nonentities even in their own country. They are not respected and they will forever be tormented with the sights of so many American youth that were maimed and had limbs amputated from the deceptive war against ‘terror’ they manipulated.
“As for Nigeria, we can see a parallel when in the late 60’s Maj. Nzeogwu assassinated the Northern premier and the Biafran War ensued. Ojukwu, in his declaration of war,said bluntly that he was fighting Islam and the menace of Arabs which he claimed. The end results were that he destroyed lives, went into exile and to date Biafra ceases to exist except of course in the mind of its proponents.
“And worse still for him, Islam has reached the shores of the Delta.This brief description of a chain of events should be a clear counsel to people leading Nigeria today; no one can fight Islam or the Muslims and succeed. It is futile to attempt it. They will only destroy their own lives and cause untold hardship to others. They will be cursed not only by people they injured but by their own people as Bush Jr is regarded now in America. Therefore if the government has such plans or are deceived by some Islamaphobes in their circles they should reverse their policies immediately.
“There is no border sharing between Nigeria and Mali. There is Niger republic, Burkina Faso and Togo in between. All these nations did not report terrorism and yet suddenly we read in the news that ‘the Army Chief of Staff (COAS) Azubuike Ihejirika, who did not offer evidence, claimed that terrorists trained in Mali had already arrived on Nigerian shores. See: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/‘terrorists’-mali-seen-nigeria-... , Posted: January 17, 2013 - 22:19.
“If what he said is true, then Nigeria is unnecessarily plunging itself into a War that will have a grievous consequence on our security without any foreseen benefit.
"Let us encourage the Malians to tackle their insurgency peacefully, and not by taking sides. If however, the SS&SE (COAS) wants to use the volatile situation to build on what his predecessorAzazi implanted, then we leave him to posterity. Time will tell. All we do is to urge Muslims to be calm, prayerful and watchful.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/sheik-gumi-predicts-defeat-mali-western-interventioners-sees-anti-islamic-bias-sending-tro

Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners, Sees An Anti-isla by fkaz(m): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
I thought this man was deported back to nigeria some year ago,
Govt need to keep a close watch on this guy or seal his mouth
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners, Sees An Anti-isla by confusion247(m): 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
So the fight against terrorists is a fight against islam. So islam and TERRORISM mean the same thing? Now i can see why northerners have seen no evil in the activities of BOKO HARAM.
Islam-a-bad
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners, Sees An Anti-isla by ifeegee(f): 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
When Nig gave her military support to Liberia & S/lone,a presumed secular state.There was no hue or cry from the Sheik for "intellectual repecussion" but when it comes to Mali,another w/African state.Nig should look b/4 she leaps,simply b'cus Islam is involved...Talk about hiyocrisy at it height.
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners, Sees An Anti-isla by Chubhie: 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
This sheik of a guy seems well read. I tend to agree with some of the issues he raised. I would undertake a critical review of his ideals and philosophies to fully understand where he is coming from.
Re: Sheik Gumi Predicts Defeat In Mali Of Western Interventioners, Sees An Anti-isla by ebucha: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
Sheik Ahmad Mahmoud Gumi, why cry more than the bereaved. Malians invited other troops to assist them fight terrorist not Islam and the citizens are happy. Malian muslims that are more religious than Sheik Ahmad Mahmoud Gumi are not complaining.

(1) (Reply)

Is Their Any Hope In This Merger Party ? / Breaking News: Robbers Attack Murtala Mohammed Airport, Shoot Policemen And Cart / “iroko Fell On Them And Smashed Their Brooms"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.