Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? (671 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? / Can you translate this Colours In Your Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by oboy3(m): 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
smileyFunny,Eh?
But we all have to learn till the day we die
for me
Anambra - light of the nation = ife nke Obodo
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by k2039: 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ekiti State- Fountain of Knowledge= Orisun Imo.
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
Enugu - Coal City State - Ebe ife nine neme cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by slimyem: 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ondo state-Sunshine state-"Ipinle ti oorun ti tan mole"undecided(direct translationgrin)
I can't say its appropriate though as the word sunshine in the context is figurative.undecided
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by odumchi: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Abia: "God's Own State" - Obodo Obasi.
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by ifyalways(f): 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
Anambra :
Home for all: uno onye obuna.

Abia:
Gods own state obodo nke Chukwu
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:21am On Jan 21, 2013
ifyalways: Anambra :
Home for all: uno onye obuna.

Abia:
Gods own state obodo nke Chukwu

Anambra slogan has changed. Take note.
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by ifyalways(f): 8:01am On Jan 21, 2013
^ Changed to what undecided
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by oboy3(m): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2013
ifyalways: ^ Changed to what undecided
from home for all to light of the nation,but i kinda like the former than the later
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by ezeagu(m): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2013
Abia State - Ebe Chukwu Huru/Ebe Chukwu Di
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by ezeagu(m): 9:58am On Jan 21, 2013
Please, let me do I-too-know small,

Anambra - Ife Mba
Enugu - Mba Ama Icheku (okay-ish)
Imo - Okpu ala Owuwa anwu
Ebonyi - Ndi ume ani
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by EzePromoe: 10:29am On Jan 21, 2013
Anambra - Ife nke obodo (Light of the nation)

Rivers - Ngi akhu na oba eli zi (Treasure base of the nation)
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by EzePromoe: 10:30am On Jan 21, 2013
991: Enugu - Coal City State - Ebe ife nine neme cool
It's Lagos that has that slogan.
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by salam001(m): 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
ezeagu: Please, let me do I-too-know small,

Anambra - Ife Mba
Enugu - Mba Ama Icheku (okay-ish)
Imo - Okpu ala Owuwa anwu
Ebonyi - Ndi ume ani
i thought Ebonyi suppose be unu obodo
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by ezeagu(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
salam001: i thought Ebonyi suppose be unu obodo

Why is Ebonyi called salt of the nation?
Re: Can You Translate Your State's Slogan To Your Native Language? by Uwakuwak(f): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
AkwA IBOM STATE, Isong ewohor

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Dance / The Closet Afrocentric---must Watch Video / Why Are Blacks Obsessed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.