Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Pastor In Court To Divorce His Ninth Wife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor In Court To Divorce His Ninth Wife (688 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / 9 Types Of Pastor's In Nigeria / God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor In Court To Divorce His Ninth Wife by nairawall: 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Pastor Ope Balogun has pleaded with an Orile Agege Grade ‘B’ Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his three-year-old marriage to his wife, Taiwo, whom he accused of troublesome acts and nagging.

“My wife, Taiwo, is a troublesome woman. She has driven almost all my church members away”, the 54-year-old cleric, who lives at 7, Ilupeju Street, Oke-Odo, Agege, said as he testified that he had not known peace since he married his wife.

“My children from my previous marriage cannot come to our house because they are afraid of my wife. My family members cannot visit me as well.

“My Bible school students cannot continue their studies because of her incessant troubles and even some pastors working under me left the church.

Speaking further, Balogun alleged that his wife drove him out of his house on Nov. 2012.
“She pursued me from the house and she still came to damage the windows of where I am taking refuge,” he said.

The 36-year-old wife, Taiwo however denied the allegations. “I am the ninth wife of Pastor Balogun. Trouble started when I took in, and he told me that he did not want a child again but s*x.

“He maltreated me during the pregnancy and did not pay my hospital bills when I was delivered of the baby.

“I love and respect everyone around my husband, but what usually causes misunderstanding between us is the issue of money. He does not give me and my child money for feeding.

“After the delivery, he told me that I should be eating once a day, so how do you expect the house to be peaceful?”

The defendant however told the court that despite the fact that her husband doesn’t want her anymore; she doesn’t want to leave him because of her child.

Source:
http://ellist.com/ng/forum/599/pastor-in-court-to-divorce-his-ninth-wife
Re: Pastor In Court To Divorce His Ninth Wife by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
Good evening,

Hmmm...is the "good pastor" trying to tell us that he can't handle the "for better for worse" bit of marriage? Okay let's give him the benefit of the doubt that the 9th is as "evil" as he wants us to believe.

Now what happened with the first?..the second?..the third?...upto the eight. Were they all as bad? The sooner this "pastor" recognizes the simple truth, the better for him; and the TRUTH is: 'He is the problem'!!!

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Pastor In Court To Divorce His Ninth Wife by SamMilla1(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
I wonder what he preaches to his ignorant followers.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help!!! / Help Me Thank God / THIS Is The Only Person In The World That Will Make It Tto Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.