Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:23 PM

Gear Problem With My Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Problem With My Honda Accord (1715 Views)

Step By Step Guide On How I Fixed Audi A4 2002 Gear Problem / Fix Your Automatic Transmition Gear Problem / Help! Honda Accord Gear Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Problem With My Honda Accord by gozyluv202: 8:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
Can someone advise me on what to do,I am using a honda accord 2000 model.ever since I bought the car I ve changed the gear for like 3 times.Am getting tired of the the car.pls house wat will I do about the gear?
Re: Gear Problem With My Honda Accord by abdulkadir(m): 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Its eithr youve been replacing with d wrong box or the box was never ur problem.
how is d car behaving?
Re: Gear Problem With My Honda Accord by gozyluv202: 3:06am On Jan 21, 2013
d car is jerking
Re: Gear Problem With My Honda Accord by me2me: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
You've hanged 3 engines already Check to see if your catalytic converter in your exhaust located under your vehicle (inbetween the driver and front passenger seats)has not disintegrated leaving the debris stuck thereby hindering the emission process resulting in the car jerking.
Re: Gear Problem With My Honda Accord by pannyman(m): 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
Abdulkadir might just be right. These quack mechanics do a lot of guesswork. I have a problem with my Camry at the moment and after the illiterates finished monkeying with it, it's now in the hands of a true pro who did a scan and discovered that 5 out of the car's 6 cylinders are not working!

I thought it was the transmission but I was wrong. The mechanic wondered how the car was able to move.

OP just do a scan and save yourself stress.
Re: Gear Problem With My Honda Accord by gozyluv202: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
I appreciate all ur contributions but I need more contributions pls
Re: Gear Problem With My Honda Accord by cardoctor(m): 11:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Seems to me like you are putting the wrong type of automatic tranny fluid or you possibly have a faulty Transmission Control Module. Most Honda cars from 1996 onward up until 2011 have their transmission units designed to operate optimally with the manufacturer specific ATF-Z1 transmission oil. Carry out a scan on your TCM and if all is ok, change the tranny fluid to ATF-Z1 though more expensive than aftermarket versions. Late models of Honda (2011 to date) use the new automatic transmission fluid ATF DW-1. This new automatic transmission fluid helps improve high temperature performance. Do not use any other transmission fluid in 2011 onward models or you may severely damage your gearbox.
Re: Gear Problem With My Honda Accord by tempex88(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2013
My Hoda accord just developed gear problem.. when i put it in drive and accelerate, it takes some time before it moves.....pls i dont want to replace, where can i fix. thx tempex88@gmail.com, PIN;22724692

(1) (Reply)

How Prepared Is Your Car For That Journey? / Number Plates Verification / This Gold Rolls-Royce Is On Sale For ~£118K,But You Can Only Buy It With Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.