Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,470 members, 7,770,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:07 AM

System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? (20570 Views)

Exclusively To Windows 7 Users - How To Make Your Pc Run Faster / How To Make Your Pc Run Faster / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by austin4real(m): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
francescainnoce: Thanks for this thread as I am about to get my laptop tomorrow.
Please help me out ; im a lover of mini laptops and I am pretty confuse as I am to choose from Samsung 13" and Hp 14".
Both are Intel i3 and both have pretty much space...
Please help which should I go for
Hp or Samsung. for sake of convinience i would advise u to go for the hp.. per adventure ur charger or ba3 eventually packs up, it would be easier and cheaper to find an hp power pack and ba3 dan a samsung, but if u believe the samsung is the best choice, u can as well go for it..... sam sung makes some quite solid products also.....
Thou I don't intend to use it for game , but definitely to see movies and do my school works.
Thanks
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by babafemiajayi(m): 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Whatz d diff btw 32bits and 64bits?can't download some stuff coz my laptop is running on 64bits whereas with 32bits I can av some software download easily...need explanations plzzzzzzz
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by webcalculator(m): 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
austin4real: for that amount u might prolly get a pentium probook. or a moderate i3 depending on the dealer u consult...
thanks

how much can i get a lappy with the following specs
intel iCore3
4gb Ram, 500gb HDD
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by hehehedotcom(m): 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
pls oh..I have been battling with STICKY KEYS pops with constant beepings, how do i get rid of this mess cos is rendering system slow n beeping so very annoiyimg
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by arbitrage: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
sahy'd:
Am using HP pro book with window 8 enterprises! But I can nt install M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ 3in1 printer manually just like I used 2 do it on window 7! Pls help

Go to the website of your printer's manufacturer to download the recent/updated software for your print and do not rely on the accompanied CD version that came with the printer.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by kayLion(m): 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
thanks Op for the thread, my own issue is that I was trying open a link on my lappy yesterday, the system prompts me to select from available software to open it, I then selected Internet Explorer, then all of a sudden, all my desktop icon turned into internet explorer logo (the e)..now, I can't even open any app again cos once I click on any icon, it downloads a link and won't open..wat can I do to make my icons back to normal..thanks once again
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by austin4real(m): 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
webcalculator:
thanks

how much can i get a lappy with the following specs
intel iCore3
4gb Ram, 500gb HDD
For abt 80k u would get an HP G series, or samsung or an Asus.. For arnd 90 u would get a good dell inspiron or prolly a moderate Sony vaio for arnd 100 shaa

1 Like

Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by austin4real(m): 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
ichamentor: I don't strongly recommend anyone buying an HP laptop. Don't get me wrong. I use an HP laptop myself. But I have noticed that HP laptops generally have heating and noise problems.In fact, the noise is so annoying you will think someone is using a mini generator somewhere.And please note, most of the people I stay with here are having the same problems. I even checked online(just google it) and was surprised that this was more of a general problem, and not just peculiar to me.
Now,I am even thinking of returning the system for servicing because the guaranty is still there.

You see why I don't advise anyone to get an HP.

##I use HP Pavillion dv6 6.00gb ram, 500gb HD##
Bruv dis problem u're talking abt depends on how u keep the fan or lemme say the ventilation, I one had a similar prblem with my HP, after opening the baby, I found lil piece of papers lodged in the fan, which @ the end caused it to start making a heck of a noise... *almost equivalent to the noise a tiger gen would produced*..... After removing the paper den, voila it started working like brandnew... It tollay depends on u
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by mrhello: 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thks 4 dis thread.

What hp laptop spec would u advice & likely cost.
1. Must hv firewire port; to aid my video editing work looping to my PC & DV cam
2. Must be able to play youtbe videos in real-time
3. Good processor & RAM, not necessarily big HDD cos I hv several ext. HDDs.

Will brand new do beta or going 4 imported fairly used considering low budget?

Thx in adv.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by gidiMonsta(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
zangiff: ma compaq 2gig ram suddenly write window shut with a blue background stating some program may have been install which make it shutdown. How can i fix this. It only happen when i switch it on and when its about to load the destop icons

Either you installed an incompatible software recently or one of your applications downloaded a bad update. Try logging in through safe mode and attempt a system restore to a point in time before the problem started.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by sammay14: 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
I want to buy a hp laptop (dualcore) for personal use, is okay? What are d factors to be considered? Where can I get one?
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by gidiMonsta(m): 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
hehehedotcom: pls oh..I have been battling with STICKY KEYS pops with constant beepings, how do i get rid of this mess cos is rendering system slow n beeping so very annoiyimg

Keep your hands away from the SHIFT key.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by austin4real(m): 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
kayLion: thanks Op for the thread, my own issue is that I was trying open a link on my lappy yesterday, the system prompts me to select from available software to open it, I then selected Internet Explorer, then all of a sudden, all my desktop icon turned into internet explorer logo (the e)..now, I can't even open any app again cos once I click on any icon, it downloads a link and won't open..wat can I do to make my icons back to normal..thanks once again
My first guess Is dat u prolly downloaded a virus on ur PC when opened dat link... Solution, try and do a system restore... The system restore should be before the period u opened the link... I.E it would give u various dates to chose frm to restore, choose a date before u opened the link... Wish u luck in tacking the issue
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by arbitrage: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
babafemiajayi: Whatz d diff btw 32bits and 64bits?can't download some stuff coz my laptop is running on 64bits whereas with 32bits I can av some software download easily...need explanations plzzzzzzz

64 bit is a faster and more demanding core of computer processing architecture than 32 bit. 32 bit (also known as x86 family) ordinarily will have many software programs available for you to download and install and fewer in 64 bits because many software developers write their programs based on 32 bit version. Programs in 64 bit version are usually bigger in size than the same software in 32 bit version just like 32bit of Windows Vista, Windows 7 or windows 8 are smaller than 64 bit versions. The comparison is like a normal video in DVD format and the video in High Definition (HD) format. HD files are bigger and clearer and more demanding on system graphics/hardware/devices than standard/normal definition. That is how 64 bit and 32 bit follows.

Systems that are 64 bit should generally be faster with core processing and usually have higher specs of hardware requirements than its 32 bit counterpart. A 64 bit pc can also run a windows operating system (OS) or software programs that are in 32 bit but it is like under utilizing the power of your V8 engine when it is running like V6 engine. Such programs that are not available in 64 bit will have their shortcut folder under windows (x86) program folder in your drive C whereas 32 bit programs that are installed on a 32 bit machine will ordinarily be in windows program folder inside drive C.

I would not know if there is any desktop or laptop that has or supports playback of HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray disc (or other high df gaming contents like Crysis and co) that will be in 32 bit. I am not sure of any. Overall 64 bit architecture is stronger for computer geeks while 32 bit may be okay for basic, non-demanding user of PC.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by SirGbogs: 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
sluvy4tune: Can any one get me complete ebook on ic3 internet and core computing certifications

I will be greatful & also appreciate

Hi, I can help with that. Do you wanna write the exams or something? I work with Commit Consult, we represent Certiport in Nigeria. Send me a mail, joshdamz@yahoo.com
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by austin4real(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
sammay14: I want to buy a hp laptop (dualcore) for personal use, is okay? What are d factors to be considered? Where can I get one?
if the pc is just for domestic every day use, den its definitely okay... however if u're a heavy multimedia user den u've gotta aim for the intel quad core processors
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by gidiMonsta(m): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by kayLion(m): 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
austin4real:
My first guess Is dat u prolly downloaded a virus on ur PC when opened dat link... Solution, try and do a system restore... The system restore should be before the period u opened the link... I.E it would give u various dates to chose frm to restore, choose a date before u opened the link... Wish u luck in tacking the issue
thx, would get back to you on the result..appreciate!!
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by francescainnoce(f): 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=austin4real][/quote]
thanks , you have being so helpful.
one last one, what about sonny ...
Which is more reliable amongst the 3.

HP SAMSUNG OR SONNY
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
ichamentor: I don't strongly recommend anyone buying an HP laptop. Don't get me wrong. I use an HP laptop myself. But I have noticed that HP laptops generally have heating and noise problems.In fact, the noise is so annoying you will think someone is using a mini generator somewhere.And please note, most of the people I stay with here are having the same problems. I even checked online(just google it) and was surprised that this was more of a general problem, and not just peculiar to me.
Now,I am even thinking of returning the system for servicing because the guaranty is still there.

You see why I don't advise anyone to get an HP.

##I use HP Pavillion dv6 6.00gb ram, 500gb HD##

I disagree.... I use the same system as yours, mine is Icore3. It's very silent even when I am running large programs that eats up ram. PES 2012 and AutoCAD 2010 runs flawlessly on it without noise or excessive heat. It's currently serving me well with no issues at all.

Before that I used pavillion dv6000 on Vista. This has no issues at all as well. It's still working fine till date.

Before the pavilion, I used an Hp omnibook XE3 for over 5years. Its operation is cool as well and served me all through my uni days. I remember finalist tech students always begging to borrow it for their seminars and defense. It was so reliable and strong.

So I have never had any issues with hp laptops in the last 13 years that I have been using them. Maybe cos they were all bought in the UK or yours could be the types produced for middle east and Africa , I do not know. I bought 2branded Dell desktop in between those years and they both failed me within 2years of use.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by arbitrage: 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
zangiff: ma compaq 2gig ram suddenly write window shut with a blue background stating some program may have been install which make it shutdown. How can i fix this. It only happen when i switch it on and when its about to load the destop icons

Carry out system restore to an earlier date before you started experiencing such problem.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
PLS OOO, make huna nor laf me o...
My lappy only get 128MB Ram size(too bad), HOW DO I DOWNLOAD MORE RAM SIZE
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by SirGbogs: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
chindi: PLS OOO, make huna nor laf me o...

No judging here. What is the model of your laptop? You can add RAM by buying additional sticks. It is imperative you know the max it can handle though before buying.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by arbitrage: 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
francescainnoce: You so right , its a common problem with Hp , so I heard and even found out from google yesterday,I almost got an Hp laptop yesterday but wanted more info so I wil be sure which to go for ....

Even with HP Envy series too? Are you sure? Take care of your ventilation and usage on bed covering.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
128? would be better if you tell us the specs of your laptop. My HP omnibook had only 128mb but that was normal for its days about 12-13 years ago. It could be upgraded to max 512mb then. You can't download RAM bro.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by ITbomb(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
I love my Zinox.
Just a little noise from the fan to remind you that the system is on
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by arbitrage: 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2013

You don't download more ram size. Random Access Memory (RAM) is not a software but hardware device that you will buy in PC market and they will install it in your laptop if it is capable of increasing it further. So go to PC technician so that they can check to tell you if it has slots for further addition of RAM and what more MB/GB is to be added as maximum.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Nnaemiemax: 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2013

Ur problem is caused as a result of a corrupted driver u have recently installed in ur pc.
And it is fixed by scanning ur PC in safe mode (in this mode only drivers and core system components are loaded on start up). I recommend avg 13 to do a clean sweep. After the scan u would actually see d affected driver and then click d heal icon.
Ur system wud be in its desired state again.
Cheers!
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by chidooh1: 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
pls , i have this laptop from HP called Compaq nx9010, I've bn trying to put on the keyboard light(keypad led indicator) but i don't know the combination of buttons to press to achieve the result, please, i need ur help. Thanks
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by seyizma(m): 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
@threadowner,pls i wanna ask if i should go for this n if it can play games like pes n fifa
New HP G6, Window8,500GB, 4GB
-Window8
-500GB Hard drive
-4GB RAM
-2.3GHZ Processor
-Bluetooth
-Webcam
-intel dual core
-DVD RW
-Wireless
-WLAN
-WiFi
-4USB Ports
-64 bit
-15.6"screen
-6 cells battery
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by adoubleu(f): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hi. Already had the laptop I wanted to get in mind but wen I happened in on dis discussion,' was ecstatic!
I want a laptop that can run softwares like 3dmax, Revit and Photoshop, if u know wat I mean,I do a lot of heavy renderings.
Question is would a Sony intel core i7 serve me well? I would also love to run just windows 7 on it.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Nnaemiemax: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
kayLion: thanks Op for the thread, my own issue is that I was trying open a link on my lappy yesterday, the system prompts me to select from available software to open it, I then selected Internet Explorer, then all of a sudden, all my desktop icon turned into internet explorer logo (the e)..now, I can't even open any app again cos once I click on any icon, it downloads a link and won't open..wat can I do to make my icons back to normal..thanks once again

Ur problem is fixed by using a very efficient software called: advanced system care.
The software has d capacity to restore and heal icon directories, undoing the process that led to ur current ish.
I have d exe. file, and will gladly help u fix d issue so long u are available..
Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem / 8 Ways Technology Makes You silly. / Change Your Passwords: 2 Million Facebook/Google/Yahoo/Twitter Passwords Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.