Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:56 PM

How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? (3317 Views)

How I Started My Fashion Jewelry Business With N100,000 / My Fashion Sketches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by Godmother(f): 8:41am On Jan 21, 2013
I am a fashion designer and a make-up artist. I operate from a shop in my house currently which is not too open cos my street is a close. Business has sort of dried up this year and I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on what to do to start getting biz again.

For those in these line of businesses(fashion, make-up) what do you do to get clients? What are the advertisement strategies you use? I would really appreciate your help.
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by delkuf(m): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2013
though am not fashion designer, but i can tell u a gud way to put ur business on top. do u wht knw abt it?
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by easterbabe(f): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2013
You can call 08137018553 for a free teleconsultation.I think what you do is really dressmaking (pardon me if I'm wrong)and there's no way your biZ will dry up. The biz just needs some tweaking of its processes. Any other person with similar challenge is free to call.
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by Godmother(f): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2013
@delkul

I definitely want to know about it.

@easterbabe
No u aren't wrong. I do dressmaking and I ll surely give you a call, though would also suggest it may be a good idea to also post tips here for people who might need the info in future.
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by easterbabe(f): 9:34am On Jan 21, 2013
There's a need to understand each dressmaker's issues to be able to give valuable advice,no one size fits all approach will take us anywhere.
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by coldgate(f): 11:22am On Feb 22, 2013
Hi House, I would like to learn dressmaking.Can anyone connect me with a good dressmaker around Gbagada axis? Also i would like to have flexible hours since I am in the Financial sector and would be available only @ weekends.

Tanx.
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by XtremeBase(f): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2013
@Godmother, if you are serious about what you said. Call that number easterbabe put there. I have met with her one on one. I can assure you that the talk and advice i got is what companies pay millions of naira for in consultation. My perception has seen the light. I learnt a lot from her. She knows the business like the back of her hands. Wish you the best.
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by ghanad: 5:02am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ok. So here's my humble opinion to having more sales or boasting your business.
Sewing as much as other spheres of investment have working principles. And to a large extent, they are pretty much the same.
From the few years I spent doing business, I am still in business though, these are the tips I have been able to gather. And just so you believe I understand what you mean, my mum has been making dress for over 12years and she's still making them.
So over to the tips;
1. Talk: what do I mean by talk? How often do you tell people about what you do? Going for an event and admiring what some one puts on. See it as a medium to start a conversation and tell the person about what you do. I will give a very clear example. In my 300level, I started printing business in school, not because I didn't have enough(from my parents I mean) but because I wanted to have more than enough. Believe me I talked about what I did to virtually all the key people. From my class rep to room mates and all that. And while I was at it I got a lot of jobs.
Talking could be in form of oral conversation or as simple as a complimentary card(what matters is the impression it creates)

2. Evolve: Depending on how long you've been in the business, you are bound to have an influx of customers with time, no matter where you are hidden. I have had people call my mum on several occasions to make cloths. On such occasions, these people are busy and can't come over. Mum buys the material, sends the style, and sews. So being hidden is not an option.
If you've been sewing for a long time and your customer base is not increasing, there are two possibilities: 1. The people you have are not impressed, so they leave. In this case you have to talk to new people 2. The public haven't seen anything spectacular in your cloths so they don't ask questions about who make it.
The fashion world is constantly evolving and you should with it.
Finally on evolving, if you've moved to a new place, make it known to your customers that they can call and you can meet them up outside your home(assuming they have distance challenge).

And on a final note, wear what you sew. Be creative, make people jealous by what you put on. Be it to church, mosque, work out. Believe me people will rush you.

I hope this helps, I streamlined my advice to fashion.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by Godmother(f): 5:16am On Dec 17, 2013
Thanx a lot INDESTRUCTABLEX, your advice makes a lot of sense, esp the ones about talking and wearing what I sew. Someone gave me this same advice recently and I have taken to trying them out and the outcome is noticeable.
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 5:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Godmother: Thanx a lot INDESTRUCTABLEX, your advice makes a lot of sense, esp the ones about talking and wearing what I sew. Someone gave me this same advice recently and I have taken to trying them out and the outcome is noticeable.
My pleasure.
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by 9jagurl81: 9:12am On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks for all the pointers. I learned from them as well

www.ohmashoes.com
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by PhilipKushmaro: 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Well I will tell you what I did. I actually used an app to improve my fashion business. It helped me keep track of everything in my business. Stock and what is selling the best and much more.

I used Wrnty's SupeRep it worked great

http://www.wrnty.com
Re: How Do I Improve My Fashion Business? by debbydee(f): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ghana Kente, Plain and pattern ghana materials also available for sale.
Whole sale and retail are available.
contact 08185391880 or 08066230544 BB pin 25d43f96
waiting for you orders.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Offered $10,000 For Sex By Facebook Fan- Actress Mina Horsfall / Top 20 Shoes Of The Young Generation By Bata.ng / See This Cute Aba-made Shoes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.