Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks (12706 Views)

Kabir Sokoto (Xmas Day Bomb Suspect) Re-Arrested At The Border / Christmas Day Bomb Blast @ A Catholic Church In Mandala, Abuja? / Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by MurphyT1: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2013
A South African court has found Henry Okah guilty of terrorism charges leveled against him by the federal government of Nigeria.

Okah is accused of masterminding two car bombings in Abuja on October 1 in 2010.

12 people were killed and 36 were injured. He was arrested in Johannesburg the following day.

Okah was allegedly the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (Mend), that claimed responsibility for the blasts.

He was charged with engaging in terrorist activities, conspiracy to engage in terrorist activity, and delivering, placing, and detonating an explosive device.

Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe, who was first to give evidence at the opening of Okah’s trial said Okah was a “key figure in the Niger Delta struggle and the militants had a lot of respect for him”.

Okah denied involvement in the attacks, which were claimed by MEND militants, and also denies being the leader of the group.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/21/breaking-henry-okah-found-guilty-of-2010-independence-day-bomb-attack/

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by ifihearam: 10:00am On Jan 21, 2013
Really?

This is what happens when you fight against the powers that be.
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by ypzilanti: 10:07am On Jan 21, 2013
GEJ knows how to get those he considers threats to himself (Okah, Sylvia, Ibori)...he should extend that ability to those who constitute a threat to NIgerians.

3 Likes

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Igwe9(m): 10:13am On Jan 21, 2013
More like "I put it to you kinda judgment" as I can't see were he pleaded guilty as charged, On the other hand, Kabiru Sokoto should be exported to SA to get his own judgment smiley

2 Likes

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Elueme: 10:34am On Jan 21, 2013
He has been found guilty of terrorism. Hmmm!, but can they tell us what punishment will be or has been melted to him?
Cross my legs, of the issues bothering me. Enof of these shenanigans !
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by eagleeye2: 10:49am On Jan 21, 2013
GEJ, just made this guy a scape-goat. It's well, even in the well.

1 Like

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by MurphyT1: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2013
The law will catch up on all of them terrorist...this is just de begining
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by karlmax2: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2013
Kama henry kama! Those lives you took are coming back to hunt you!

1 Like

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Pk001(m): 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
Elueme: He has been found guilty of terrorism. Hmmm!, but can they tell us what punishment will be or has been melted to him?
Cross my legs, of the issues bothering me. Enof of these shenanigans !

^^^He will be sentenced on Thursday 24th January

It really serves him right. You can't kill innocent people just to prove a point and go free.

We now know the real Jumo Gbomo. Jonathan was right after all.

No anmesty in south Africa on!
Let him prepare for death sentence, or life imprisonment.

Oya SSS should be quick in prosecuting all those BH boys.

5 Likes

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by yuzedo: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
What's the difference between Asari Dokubo, Tompolo & Henry Okah?? Or why is his own case different?? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by oshyno(m): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
In as much as I cherish democracy, Soo many confusionists in d name of activists r everywhere spewing trash on d man GEJ. I pity dem cuz is just dat GEJ chose t be civil and accomodating else d likes of Dino Melaye, El rufai n co wud av zoomed out of dis country. U can't fight govt man. Dis man really touched lion's tale.Sorry na ur name.
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by ifihearam: 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
Never mess with my presido...

DEMDEM is next(honorarium master)

4 Likes

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Okijajuju1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
This Henry Okah guy just fhuck up!!

He should have just given his life to christ, become a repentant militant and immediately recieve a house in Abuja, monthly salary for life and also juicy contracts as well.

Even a Muslim (Alhaji Asari Dokubo) gave his life to christ, accepted Joe as his personal Baba and savior, became a repentant militant and today he is a federal government big boy!!

3 Likes

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by ifihearam: 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
yuzedo: What's the difference between Asari Dokubo, Tompolo & Henry Okah?? Or why is his own case different?? undecided

The difference is that the others are loyal to the president otherwise they will go in the order of henry okah.....Never you fight with the 3 Gs

GoD
Government
Gun
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Vonwolf(m): 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
good one grin
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by yomalex(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
thought he said he was innocent with proof i wonder where they kept all that. issokay
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by ayox2003: 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
Look at his face like that of Ibori in prison.

Its in Nigeria that these crooks live like gods.

London nailed Ibori, SA nailed Okah, can't justice be done in Nigeria anymore?

Is it only goat-thieves, divorce cases and "poverty-driven" crimes that can be handled in courts?

Once an highly-connected criminal is involved, just forget it.

Infact most of them Judges belong to one political party or the other.

Shame on our justice system!

Frawzey
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by fkaz(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
hmmm waiting for kabiru sokoto and others boko boys, to be prosecuted here in nigeria
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju: This Henry Okah guy just fhuck up!!

He should have just given his life to christ, become a repentant militant and immediately recieve a house in Abuja, monthly salary for life and also juicy contracts as well.

Even a Muslim (Alhaji Asari Dokubo) gave his life to christ, accepted Joe as his personal Baba and savior, became a repentant militant and today he is a federal government big boy!!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
South Africa tried him as part of its international obligation, as the Nigerian authorities had not applied for his extradition, according to the prosecution
Source

In the fullness of time, more information concerning the role played by other principal actors, in this play of larger theatrical proportions, will surely come to light.
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Super1759: 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
ifihearam: Never mess with my presido...

seconded 10000 times
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Elueme: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pk001:

It really serves him right. You can't kill innocent people just to prove a point and go free.

He was a true fighter. He rili believed inthe struggle more than any other militant leader but his strong hatred for GEJ made him compromise his position with some powers that be by wanting to indict the president. That was his water loo. There maybe a solution but that will be after he had learnt some bitter lessons that in life " you can't out shine the master".

1 Like

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by neversaynever(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
ayox2003: Look at his face like that of Ibori in prison.

Its in Nigeria that these crooks live like gods.

London nailed Ibori, SA nailed Okah, can't justice be done in Nigeria anymore?

Is it only goat-thieves, divorce cases and "poverty-driven" crimes that can be handled in courts?

Once an highly-connected criminal is involved, just forget it.

Infact most of them Judge belong to one political party or the other.

Shame on our justice system!

Frawzey

Justice in Nigeria, REALLY? The people'll lynch him, that's Nigeria's definition of justice. SMH.
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by vanstanzy(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
We always knew. cool cool cool
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by aare07(m): 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
ONLY ALLAH HAS THE BEST Solution

1 Like

Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by jidewin(m): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
Case settled,Next!!!
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by taharqa: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
ypzilanti: GEJ knows how to get those he considers threats to himself (Okah, Sylvia, Ibori)...he should extend that ability to those who constitute a threat to NIgerians.
No... hv 4gotten? He is 'clueless' and 'weak'....*laughs*
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by taharqa: 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
ifihearam: Never mess with my presido...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by dunmorris(m): 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
have u guys forgoting dose children dat were killed
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by vanstanzy(m): 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
yuzedo: What's the difference between Asari Dokubo, Tompolo & Henry Okah?? Or why is his own case different?? undecided

I believe u are asking why Henry Okah is facing this much hassel. Well, if u must know, he bit the hand that feeds him, GEJ. *It wasn't me, i never said it!* grin grin grin
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by andyprez(m): 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pk001:

its been further shifted to the 31st of January or 1st of Febuary
Re: Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Time to ship farouk and otedola to S.A or UK since we now outsource for justice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout / Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi / Atiku Abubakar To Hold Presidential Campaign In Ondo State Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.