Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,106 members, 7,807,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Construction Equipment In Delta State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Equipment In Delta State (15886 Views)

Newly Acquired Military Equipment Being Transported Through Lagos / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury / Pictures Of Flood In Ndokwa-East LGA In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by crackhouse(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
nigeria got talent
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by ayinba1(f): 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
@op
This is so unfair! After gym this morning, i really tried to avoid this your thread. I finally click on it to see Delta construction equipment. YEEPA! Mo gbe.
I laugh sotay my belle pain me wella.

grin grin
Please add warning next time.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by bukchris(m): 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
grin grin grin Lmao... After now you pple would say Fashola is not trying. Can u see this type of equipment in Lagos?
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
wesley8:
Thanks for your effort but I can't work without specifics. I have ears at the works ministry but I can't expect to be taken seriously with vague descriptions. A few more specific details will do and you'd have to give your word that the job is actually shabby. As far as I'm concerned improvising is no offence and doesn't necessarily qualify the job as being shabby even though it should raise eyebrows.
feeling funky eh, who are you to question a project originally awarded to the governor's relative? Listen to yourself talk 'I want specifics', 'I have ears at the works ministry'. You can't deceive anyone here by creating the impression that works are done to standard in delta state and this contractor is cutting corner. And you want to correct the situation. Who you be? If you are not a commissioner, perm sec or director in any ministry then I have stronger ties to government than you and we all know you are not any of the above.

You can't fool anyone. Funny enough, I just decided to share this, uduaghan doesn't even care what we think as long as it won't upset his government. The man is wicked and he admits it quite often. You are just a deceitful busy body.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by DoubleDee2: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
blink182: feeling funky eh, who are you to question a project originally awarded to the governor's relative? Listen to yourself talk 'I want specifics', 'I have ears at the works ministry'. You can't deceive anyone here by creating the impression that works are done to standard in delta state and this contractor is cutting corner. And you want to correct the situation. Who you be? If you are not a commissioner, perm sec or director in any ministry then I have stronger ties to government than you and we all know you are not any of the above.

You can't fool anyone. Funny enough, I just decided to share this, uduaghan doesn't even care what we think as long as it won't upset his government. The man is wicked and he admits it quite often. You are just a deceitful busy body.
Well said bro... Many thanks!
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by ba7man(m): 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
bukchris: grin grin grin Lmao... After now you pple would say Fashola is not trying. Can u see this type of equipment in Lagos?
What are u talkin about?? These equipments are "state of the art". They are currently the best in the market now!!!
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
ayinba1: @op
This is so unfair! After gym this morning, i really tried to avoid this your thread. I finally click on it to see Delta construction equipment. YEEPA! Mo gbe.
I laugh sotay my belle pain me wella.

grin grin
Please add warning next time.
this is what we endure in delta state daily. This was the height this morning, I laughed so hard until it became anger. You won't even see this type of customised equipment in states at the bottom of allocation list.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
ba7man: What are u talkin about?? These equipments are "state of the art". They are currently the best in the market now!!!
people never see anything, if I follow construction work in this state seriously like I'm getting paid una go believe.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by ba7man(m): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
blink182: people never see anything, if I follow construction work in this state seriously like I'm getting paid una go believe.
Thumbs up to your efforts.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by mimifonwon(f): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
this is the reason most of nigerian good infrastructure jobs go to foreign companies and firms like julius berger, because they have morals and work ethics. i hate when some nigerians try to cheat in everything, forgetting they are cheating on themselves. Imagine my uncle paid a local firm to complete his house for him, and they kept on asking for more money, and when the house was done it looked shabby and caved in. My uncle ended up having to spend more money hiring julius berger to come fix the rubbish the local firms had done. Lets stop this half hazard attitude and do honest work for once. ah ah is it a crime to trust your country men to do what is right in their field of work. SMH
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by engrbrume(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
blink182: This is the road being constructed, it is actually rehabilitation work. Last year or the year before, this road was resurfaced and it went bad that same year. Now the contractor said he is adding 'shoulder' to the road, what on God's earth is a road shoulder?

You obviously are not a Civil Engineer.I don't want to criticize you....I'll go to goole to find a simple definition for you.

"A hard shoulder, or simply shoulder, is a reserved area by the verge of a road or motorway. Generally it is kept clear of motor vehicle traffic."
Shoulders provide structural support and protection for the pavement, amongst other functions.

you should do some research before coming out to blab ignorantly on a public forum.....you know google.com, or don't you?
I wonder why this post even made it to the front page.*smh*
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
mimifonwon: this is the reason most of nigerian good infrastructure jobs go to foreign companies and firms like julius berger, because they have morals and work ethics. i hate when some nigerians try to cheat in everything, forgetting they are cheating on themselves. Imagine my uncle paid a local firm to complete his house for him, and they kept on asking for more money, and when the house was done it looked shabby and caved in. My uncle ended up having to spend more money hiring julius berger to come fix the rubbish the local firms had done. Lets stop this half hazard attitude and do honest work for once. ah ah is it a crime to trust your country men to do what is right in their field of work. SMH
lol, I won't agree with you entirely though. There are very good indigenous firms like dantata and even gomene a deltan firm. Your uncle didn't sign stringent contract papers with the firm that did his house.

For example, gomene construction company never does anything to last in delta state but go to edo state, oba market in benin to be precise and you will be amazed at the road work gomene did behind oba market.

In delta state, the shortest corner is asked by government to contractors in project execution.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
blink182: lol, no be wado o na eronso.

Bleh... Who cares? tongue
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Twoboys: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
No doubt the current adminstration in delta state has taken the state 10 years backward. No suprise at all.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by masterpiecer(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
black_beau: The road already has a mouth(pothole) so he is adding the shoulder. grin

Roflmao, ewwwwooo shocked
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
engrbrume:

You obviously are not a Civil Engineer.I don't want to criticize you....I'll go to goole to find a simple definition for you.

"A hard shoulder, or simply shoulder, is a reserved area by the verge of a road or motorway. Generally it is kept clear of motor vehicle traffic."
Shoulders provide structural support and protection for the pavement, amongst other functions.

you should do some research before coming out to blab ignorantly on a public forum.....you know google.com, or don't you?
I wonder why this post even made it to the front page.*smh*
yeah I'm not an engineer. And you are sure right about the shoulder, that is the explanation the project engineer gave me. Now, all I've done here that reflects ignorance is laugh at the whole idea.

This very road needs to be dualised not shouldered. The number of articulated trucks that share this road with other users both day and night is just overwhelming.
That said, the focus of this thread is not how true the existence of a road shoulder is but the equipment that is being used to execute this project.

1 Like

Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by danikik7: 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
Is this how he will tell Delta State people how and what he spent the allocation on ? SHAME to the misfit Governor Uduaghan,your case will worse than IBORI watch out !
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by masterpiecer(m): 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
Twoboys: No doubt the current adminstration in delta state has taken the state 10 years backward. No suprise at all.

Uduaghan shouldn't worry, if he can't learn from ibori's present predicaments, then he would never learn again. Koboko dey wait am 4 front
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
HNosegbe:

Bleh... Who cares? tongue
lol, never knew Dracula's sentence fill was this fashionable in actual conversations.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
danikik7: Is this how he will tell Delta State people how and what he spent the allocation on ? SHAME to the misfit Governor Uduaghan,your case will worse than IBORI watch out !
this is what most deltans pray for but unfortunately, it won't happen. The man is gonna walk away free because he respects those who can actually destroy him unlike ibori who became very rude towards same people.

It will take divine intervention to have him actually tried and locked up.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by mimifonwon(f): 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
blink182: lol, I won't agree with you entirely though. There are very good indigenous firms like dantata and even gomene a deltan firm. Your uncle didn't sign stringent contract papers with the firm that did his house.

For example, gomene construction company never does anything to last in delta state but go to edo state, oba market in benin to be precise and you will be amazed at the road work gomene did behind oba market.

In delta state, the shortest corner is asked by government to contractors in project execution.

for you info dantata and gomene must have foreign help in their office, most likely the foreign people hold the higher positions. what am saying is that "some" are just cheaters, not all.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by masterpiecer(m): 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Twoboys: No doubt the current adminstration in delta state has taken the state 10 years backward. No suprise at all.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by AZeD1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
mimifonwon: this is the reason most of nigerian good infrastructure jobs go to foreign companies and firms like julius berger, because they have morals and work ethics. i hate when some nigerians try to cheat in everything, forgetting they are cheating on themselves. Imagine my uncle paid a local firm to complete his house for him, and they kept on asking for more money, and when the house was done it looked shabby and caved in. My uncle ended up having to spend more money hiring julius berger to come fix the rubbish the local firms had done. Lets stop this half hazard attitude and do honest work for once. ah ah is it a crime to trust your country men to do what is right in their field of work. SMH
Babe your uncle hires Julius Berger to build his house
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
mimifonwon:

for you info dantata and gomene must have foreign help in their office, most likely the foreign people hold the higher positions. what am saying is that "some" are just cheaters, not all.
yeah you are right.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
A-ZeD:

what is so special about it? If you can pay, they will surely build.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by mimifonwon(f): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
A-ZeD:

what is the problem, that was the firm a friend recommended that does great work and that is what he chose. No be my problem. Na your money.. nope so wetin be your worry jare!!
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by lonelydora: 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
Road Shoulder is the pavement by the sides of any road where cars pull over.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by AZeD1(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
blink182: what is so special about it? If you can pay, they will surely build.
The bold part was my point, i was doubting her.

mimifonwon:

what is the problem, that was the firm a friend recommended that does great work and that is what he chose. No be my problem. Na your money.. nope so wetin be your worry jare!!
Babe i no dey worry... I just wan be like you uncle. Abi that one bad?
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by tutu1: 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
This poster they mad, why put up half information, if you don't have anything to show then don't show it, at least you would have put up the name of street and local government area, do you know how big Delta state is, information cannot be verified.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
tutu1: This poster they mad, why put up half information, if you don't have anything to show then don't show it, at least you would have put up the name of street and local government area, do you know how big Delta state is, information cannot be verified.
your ignorance is forgiven.
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by chessguru1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Uduaghan the national joker!!
www.fatsolution.net
Re: Construction Equipment In Delta State by bisi16(m): 5:45am On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti: Delta state people really need to revolt against the governor. Same too Abia State. Just one week of massive civil action will get those buffoons impeached, and all governors in Nigeria shaking in fear.
Story! Nor be naija? A few bribes and u won't see any1 protesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Mourns Victims Of Kwara Boat Mishap / DSS Arrests Suspects Over Palliative Diversion / The Dumbest/not So Smart Statements Of Our Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.