Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

I Broke My Ankle Am Afraid I May Be Crippled - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Broke My Ankle Am Afraid I May Be Crippled (1115 Views)

Chinese Man’s Hand Attached To His Ankle After Accident / Man Had His Hand Attached To His ANKLE For A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Broke My Ankle Am Afraid I May Be Crippled by ebamma(m): 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
I travelled to the village for xmas and new year,after the festivities i was just planning to go back to town when i was hit by a careless motorcyclist,thank God i only had a little wound on my back but my ankle was broken,i couldn't walk again,so i was directed to a bonesetter,she has been treating me the leg for one week now and right now i can keep my feet on the ground,but i still find it hard walking,please doctors in the house,its there any drug i can take to aid my recovery cos i want my leg back,i dont want to become a cripple please
Re: I Broke My Ankle Am Afraid I May Be Crippled by thorpido(m): 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
why did u choose a traditional bone setter?You need to be sure u don't have a fracture or dislocation.This has to be confirmed with an xray.If there is a fracture or dislocation,there are appropriate treatments you should receive and a process of recovery you should follow.

The traditional bonesetter will fix the bone(most times they do) but if your bones are malaligned,you will have issues with your ankle in the future.

I'm a paramedic.
Re: I Broke My Ankle Am Afraid I May Be Crippled by uchbabybaby: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
Better go to a hospital( orthopedic hospital wil be much better) .if u mismanage ursef nw, u will regret it later. Traditional bone setters hv caused so many health iSsues for ppl ranging frm ischemic contractures, deformities,malunion/non union of fractures, gangrene nd amputations. Be very careful o!
Re: I Broke My Ankle Am Afraid I May Be Crippled by dominique(f): 11:15am On Jan 27, 2013
Too bad we don't have that many ortheopaedic hospitals in this country. Maybe the traditional bone setter was the only available option at the moment for our op. That said, the bone setter should request for x-ray photograph of the fracture or did she set the bone without knowing the extent of the fracture? That's dangerous o.

(1) (Reply)

Man Implants Headphones In His Ear. / Does Kola Nut Really Cure Ebola Virus :-\ :-\ :-\ / Healthy Foods To Get Rid Of Fibroids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.