Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,943 members, 7,799,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car (4409 Views)

Project: Nissan Deisel Engine Conversion To Petrol / Diesel To Petrol Engine / Help! Conversion Of Diesel Engine To Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by kingdvd(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
A friend of mine just intruduced me to CNG (compressed Natural Gas) for my car and it saves you cost upto 70-80%.
pls if you have more info on these you can share, but for some of us that live in cites like lagos or busy areas, yu can save ur self the stress of spending too much on Jona fuel.
more veiws are welcome

1 Like

Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by gateleo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
kingdvd: A friend of mine just intruduced me to CNG (compressed Natural Gas) for my car and it saves you cost upto 70-80%.
pls if you have more info on these you can share, but for some of us that live in cites like lagos or busy areas, yu can save ur self the stress of spending too much on Jona fuel.
more veiws are welcome

Compressed natural gas (CNG) is a fossil fuel substitute for gasoline (petrol), Diesel fuel, or propane/LPG. Although its combustion does produce greenhouse gases, it is a more environmentally clean alternative to those fuels, and it is much safer than other fuels in the event of a spill (natural gas is lighter than air, and disperses quickly when released). CNG may also be mixed with biogas, produced from landfills or wastewater, which doesn't increase the concentration of carbon in the atmosphere.

CNG is made by compressing natural gas (which is mainly composed of methane [CH4]), to less than 1% of the volume it occupies at standard atmospheric pressure. It is stored and distributed in hard containers at a pressure of 200–248 bar (2900–3600 psi), usually in cylindrical or spherical shapes.

CNG is used in traditional gasoline internal combustion engine cars that have been converted into bi-fuel vehicles (gasoline/CNG). Natural gas vehicles are increasingly used in the Asia-Pacific region (especially Pakistan[1] and the Indian capital of Delhi, and other large cities like Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chenai, etc. ), Latin America, Europe, and North America due to rising gasoline prices.[2] In response to high fuel prices and environmental concerns, CNG is starting to be used also in tuk-tuks and pickup trucks, transit and school buses, and trains.

The cost of this conversion is a barrier for CNG use as fuel and explains why public transportation vehicles are early adopters, as they can amortize more quickly the money invested in the new (and usually cheaper) fuel. In spite of these circumstances the number of vehicles in the world that use CNG has grown steadily at a 30 percent annual rate.

CNG's volumetric energy density is estimated to be 42% that of liquefied natural gas (because it is not liquefied), and 25% that of Diesel fuel.

My Company is one of the three company federal government gave the go ahead to install, distribute and sale CNG across Nigeria.

We are still in the process of installing all the facilities that will facilitate the distribution of the process across the nation.

A car using petrol can use CNG by just install a cylinder and doing some little installation that will not affect the performance of your car.

thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by laudate: 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
kingdvd: A friend of mine just intruduced me to CNG (compressed Natural Gas) for my car and it saves you cost upto 70-80%.
more veiws are welcome

What is the cost per litre for CNG?

And where are the sales points within Lagos? I am yet to see any auto-gas stations in Lagos Island. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by laudate: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
gateleo:

CNG's volumetric energy density is estimated to be 42% that of liquefied natural gas (because it is not liquefied), and 25% that of Diesel fuel.

My Company is one of the three company federal government gave the go ahead to install, distribute and sale CNG across Nigeria.

We are still in the process of installing all the facilities that will facilitate the distribution of the process across the nation.

A car using petrol can use CNG by just install a cylinder and doing some little installation that will not affect the performance of your car.

thank you.

None of you has answered my question yet. Am still waiting for a response.

What is the cost per litre for CNG?

And where are the sales points within Lagos? I am yet to see any auto-gas stations in Lagos Island.
Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
more veiws are welcome

Forget this idea fast CNG+CAR = Bomb speaking from a nigeria point of view forget the idea.

Down sides you need to carry a cylinder in the boot.

There are very few refill stations for cng

You will have to mess with your cars wiring

Accidents from the rear could result in........... Booooom

Nigeria is not ready for CNG

I see them on dangote trucks. Dangote has licence to import CNG its cheaper for him, he has fill up points located for his trucks.

2 Likes

Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by lonelydora: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Forget this idea fast CNG+CAR = Bomb speaking from a nigeria point of view forget the idea.

Down sides you need to carry a cylinder in the boot.

There are very few refill stations for cng

You will have to mess with your cars wiring

Accidents from the rear could result in........... Booooom

Nigeria is not ready for CNG

I see them on dangote trucks. Dangote has licence to import CNG its cheaper for him, he has fill up points located for his trucks.

So, those 3 Green cylinders on Dangote trucks are CNGs? I have been thinking about those cylinders, because i know it's not air for the brake system. Thanks for teaching me. Nairaland is really educative.

2 Likes

Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by Originalsly: 12:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Why CNG?....auto manufacturers have toyed with that for a few seconds and have long been concetrating on gas/electric hybrids ....full electric.....or diesel. Stop looking in the rear view mirror!
Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by iLLuminatik: 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
To answer your question CNG is between 55 - 75 naira

Only few Gas Stations in Lagos offer CNG gas refilling.. The Good news is that the new Taxi App www.holycab.com is offering their drivers CNG conversion kits and will offer refill with Mobile Trucks.
Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by Benedict47(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Pls where can i buy compressed natural gas (cng) kits here in nigeria if there is anyone pls call my number 08065225693
Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by praxisnetworks: 3:04am On Jul 02, 2017
gateleo:

Compressed natural gas (CNG) is a fossil fuel substitute for gasoline (petrol), Diesel fuel, or propane/LPG. Although its combustion does produce greenhouse gases, it is a more environmentally clean alternative to those fuels, and it is much safer than other fuels in the event of a spill (natural gas is lighter than air, and disperses quickly when released). CNG may also be mixed with biogas, produced from landfills or wastewater, which doesn't increase the concentration of carbon in the atmosphere.

CNG is made by compressing natural gas (which is mainly composed of methane [CH4]), to less than 1% of the volume it occupies at standard atmospheric pressure. It is stored and distributed in hard containers at a pressure of 200–248 bar (2900–3600 psi), usually in cylindrical or spherical shapes.

CNG is used in traditional gasoline internal combustion engine cars that have been converted into bi-fuel vehicles (gasoline/CNG). Natural gas vehicles are increasingly used in the Asia-Pacific region (especially Pakistan[1] and the Indian capital of Delhi, and other large cities like Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chenai, etc. ), Latin America, Europe, and North America due to rising gasoline prices.[2] In response to high fuel prices and environmental concerns, CNG is starting to be used also in tuk-tuks and pickup trucks, transit and school buses, and trains.

The cost of this conversion is a barrier for CNG use as fuel and explains why public transportation vehicles are early adopters, as they can amortize more quickly the money invested in the new (and usually cheaper) fuel. In spite of these circumstances the number of vehicles in the world that use CNG has grown steadily at a 30 percent annual rate.

thank you.

Always remember to include the source.
Re: Say Good Bye To Petrol With Cheap CNG For Your Car by Benedict47(m): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2017
Currently the cost of CNG Regulator is 100-105,000 naira per one regulator. But you can get it for 95,000 naira from us, you can also get fairy used for just N60,000. Call 09072016740 prizes are negotiatable!

(1) (Reply)

Need My Rav4 Ecm(brain Box) Part Number / The best ATF for my Toyota Camry 2003 / Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.