Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? (13302 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / The Sunnahs That A Muslim Should Observe On The Day Of Eid / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by olawalebabs(m): 7:31am On Jan 23, 2013
Alhamdulilah, I have been observing the complete 5 daily prayer since 2001. May Allah accept it as an act of ibadah
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Ayoobscom(m): 7:45am On Jan 23, 2013
I work on the 4th floor,but the mosque is on the 13th floor.. always log-off when the it's time for prayer

It's quite easy and convenience....Observing Solat timely and consistently is what makes you a Muslim and not a pegan.

Alhamdulilah ala qulu sheihin

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by 1stestees(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2013
iamswizz: pls i am a christian... But how do i observe my own too.. Tanks

observing ur prayers is next only to d most important thing; Testimony of faith, we call it 'proclaiming the Shahada'. This testimony in effect makes a muslim. Every other thing can then follow. So u cannot say ur 5daily prayers until u have become a muslim
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by BetaThings: 8:02am On Jan 23, 2013
Find Out!:

For those who don't observe regular prayers, it'll take you less than 10 minutes, max 15 to observe these prayers. First of all, have it in your mind that you want to change not for anyone, not for that cute muslim babe or handsome muslim guy, not for your parents or the people you are iving with, not for your boss or co-workers, but for the sake of Allah (& yourself).You may be encouraged by the afore-mentioned people but make sure you are not doing it for them.
Excellent point

Find Out!:

And above all, a popular "defensive strategy"/ excuse used by muslims who don't pray regularly is that there are some muslims who pray 5 times daily yet they have very terrible characters. Yes, this might be true. But so also do we have several muslims who observe their 5 daily prayers and have excellent manners, relate happily with both muslims and xtians.
I have seen people come up with this "shaytanic deception' which some people put up. Nobody who understands Islam will say that really. It is one thing to sin, it another to justify it. I cannot see how a one-on-one duty to Allah is excused because a third party is remiss in his own duties. In any case if the "bad-mannered" person who prays regularly changes for the better, will the person who has not been praying go back to 5 years and make up the salat

Find Out!:

I remember some muslim brothers back in Uni who despite having beards and being what you might call "Alfa" were sooo amiable and nice towards both muslims and xtians.
I am bothered by this impression that despite having beard they are well behaved. It should be because they know the rules of Islam (evidenced by keeping the beard) they are amiable towards non-muslims. Religion is practised with knowledge, not emotion. A knowledgeable Muslim will speak up for Islam without abusing the people reverred by other religions, they will not abuse anyone's parents; they know that they cannot cut family ties though some members of the family are non-muslims, they know that as Muslims their duties to their parents require them to drive their parents to and from Church (without entering the Church if the parents are Christians)if the parents so require. A knowldegeable Muslim knows that armed jihad cannot be embarked upon without having an Amir who knows the steps to take to declare armed jihad. They know that they should demonstrate the beauty of Islam to people through their conduct and know the right of neighbour. We can go on and on.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by 1stestees(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2013
swtdarling: i don't pray on time.but i pray all.prayin on time is the major problem i have,which am praying to Allah to make easy for me.i have a question tho

if one is to leave home for work by quarter to 6.and salat is by 6.is it allowed in islam to pray by quarter to 6?

No. Its allowed to observe it a little later (only if you cant help the situation). Earlier than the time makes it Nafilah and not Solat.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by BetaThings: 8:29am On Jan 23, 2013
uplawal: @Maclatunji,but we say Alhamdullilah first in salat aside......
Pls amend your post to remove the word rebuke
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by shamson: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=saxking]hmmmm... guilty indeed....not observed for the past four months...all I do is subh.... when am at work, I miss zuhr and Asri...then I get home by nine pm and am bone tired to combine all, promising myself changes...yet, it seems it's the same circle.
I look back to find out where I lost it and why.... am knowledgeable in Islam....did islamiyya in kaduna...grew up in the north...I did struggle with salat but not with any other thing...
advices and help will be greatly appreciated...[/quote
Just pray to Allah to make it easy, is not by power, but by His grace and our fervent/undying effort to attain perfection, all shall fall in place.
Salam
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Sike(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2013
Alhamdulillah... Ma sha allah.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Temitopekc(f): 8:44am On Jan 23, 2013
Alhamdulilah...we shld just give tanx to almight Allah if He make it easy for us to observe d 5 daily prayer...i use to observe it but some time i wil nt just knw what happen,i may pray in d mornin then forget abt d rest...may Allah make it easy for us.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by riac(f): 10:05am On Jan 23, 2013
Alhamdulilai,robi alamin...ℓ̊ give tnks to Allah who made me a muslim,and not just being muslim by name bt also by character,even though ℓ̊'m found wanting I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ some aspects of a muslimah life,ℓ̊ still tnk Allah for makin Solat a easy one for me,its not by my doin bt by his Rahmah.ℓ̊ observe my 5 daily solat to time expect wen its beyond my doing.it got to a stage dat weneva ℓ̊'m slippin $ its time 4 solat,ℓ̊'ll def wake up.Alhamdulilai once more,and ℓ̊ pray Allah accept it from each and everyone of us.and may he make Aljanah fridaus our final abode.ℓ̊ love islam $ A̶̲̥̅♏ happy to be a muslim smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by afoo02(m): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2013
fellis: Am I allowed to miss Solat because I went for classes?
No.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by BelloDare: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2013
There is this inner fulfillment in me, anytime I complete my five obligatory daily prayers ON TIME. I hate missing praying in congregation!
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by afoo02(m): 10:20am On Jan 23, 2013
grin
Wendyslim: I do atimes especially.when am sick but when am too tired I combine them. May ALLAH make it easy.

Mostly, end of the month.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Mutee: 11:13am On Jan 23, 2013
Despite difficulties, I thank Allah for his blessings & mercy. I pray 5 times a day everyday for over 14yrs now. At times I get lazy or due to the nature of my job and can't pray on time but I pray it afterwards, same day. Salat they say is going to keep you company in the grave when you will actually be alone facing torment. Just imagine that scene then you wouldn't need anyone to tell you to always perform your salat everyday. May Allah make it easy for us all.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2013
For those who find it hard to make fajr (Subhi)..

Narrated Abu Hurairah [radhi-yAllahu 'anhu]
The Prophet [sal-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam] said,

"No Salat (prayer) is more heavy (harder) for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha prayer; but if they knew the reward for these Salat (prayers) at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to crawl."

Bukhari, Muslim

How to wake up for fajr | Khalid Yasin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMxLrDrjPkk

Fajr is for soldiers
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by FindOut(m): 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jarus:

Yes. But pls modify to remove his name

Wow!!!! Alhamdulilah. So so proud smiley

Post modded cool
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by FindOut(m): 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
BetaThings:
Excellent point

I have seen people come up with this "shaytanic deception' which some people put up. Nobody who understands Islam will say that really. It is one thing to sin, it another to justify it. I cannot see how a one-on-one duty to Allah is excused because a third party is remiss in his own duties. In any case if the "bad-mannered" person who prays regularly changes for the better, will the person who has not been praying go back to 5 years and make up the salat
Thanks bro. The bolded is one of the major reasons I feel sorry for a few of my muslim friends. We all sin everyday, some things clearly frowned upon by the religion, we do them. We have to keep trying to stop these things, but the only way we can be successful at this is if we truly recognise that those things are not right. Unfortunately many of us muslims fail in this regard. It is indeed essential to constantly pray for Allah's guidance, wisdom & further understanding of the deen to be able to recognise wrong for what it is & be determined to move away from it without attempting to justify it just because we indulge in it.

BetaThings:
I am bothered by this impression that despite having beard they are well behaved. It should be because they know the rules of Islam (evidenced by keeping the beard) they are amiable towards non-muslims. Religion is practised with knowledge, not emotion. A knowledgeable Muslim will speak up for Islam without abusing the people reverred by other religions, they will not abuse anyone's parents; they know that they cannot cut family ties though some members of the family are non-muslims, they know that as Muslims their duties to their parents require them to drive their parents to and from Church (without entering the Church if the parents are Christians)if the parents so require. A knowldegeable Muslim knows that armed jihad cannot be embarked upon without having an Amir who knows the steps to take to declare armed jihad. They know that they should demonstrate the beauty of Islam to people through their conduct and know the right of neighbour. We can go on and on.

Lol. Maybe i shouldn't have used the word ''despite''.
But the reality is this: A good number, or okay, some of our brothers (those who are active visible adherents of the sunnah smiley ) on campus are generally not really what you call amiable, even towards other muslims who even if they pray regularly, do not outwardly keep to the sunnah especially in dressing (note: these other brothers usually still look & dress decently too o!).

Now, because of this, people (muslims and non-muslims alike) often times see these brothers as unapproachable especially when it concerns matters outside the deen. Some of them also see everything (some justified yes, some outrightly ridiculous to me) as a sort of 'war' /'competition' between muslims and xtians. I do not think this should be so. I believe ( & i think you do as well) an ideal muslim is someone who is amiable, friendly just and of excellent character towards both muslims AND xtians, tho of course, he is well within his rights to dissociate himself from anyone who tries to denigrate his person or religion & proves deaf to admonition.

Those brothers i mentioned (three in particular, i was quite close to) were close to what fits in my idea of the ideal muslim. Religious, knowledgeable, focused, yet sociable and amiable to all without crossing limits.

I stand corrected by anyone who has attended a public university here in Nigeria but I can boldly say that not all our brothers and sisters including those who outwardly & inwardly keep to the sunnah display the characteristics above.

One of the greatest attributes constantly used to describe Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was his EXCELLENT CHARACTER towards everyone irrespective of religion. THAT sunnah, I think we must all try to emulate.

May Allah help us.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by FindOut(m): 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
uplawal: Honesty this is not showing showing off,i don't like people who miss salat for any reason,and i hate anyone telling me they will change to be praying cos they don't at all,yet they don't,just making mouth,i can even avoid the person as long as he or she continues until she changes,there is this hatred that feels me particularly those that disbelievers that says they will change but never,they think they deceive Allah,but they deceives themselves really,and my uttermost hatred goes towards christians that ridicule Islam.

My baby

See Uplawal, lemme tell you some things you might actually know but not realise their import.

That you observe your prayers constantly may appear to be by your personal effort, yes, but actually, it is LARGELY by the GRACE of ALLAH.

Do not outrightly condemn those muslims who don't observe their salat constantly. Condemn the ACT, but ENCOURAGE the people & pray for them for these reasons:

- THAT WE ARE MUSLIMS TODAY DOESNT GUARANTEE WE WILL DIE AS MUSLIMS & THAT IS WHY WE HAVE TO CONTINUOSLY PRAY TO ALLAH FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.

- The unbeliever today may eventually become a muslim & a mu'min tomorrow. The very good muslim today can become a disbeliever tomorrow. It has happened in the past even in the tine of the Prophet (SAW) & it is still happening NOW. Don't ever forget that.

I believe you are yoruba right? Have you heard of ''apadasiaburu''? May Allah not make it our portion.

Lastly, you may want to read my post above especially the areas that have to do with having an excellent character towards muslims & non-muslims alike. That was the greatest attribute of the Prophet. One of the imams at a mosque i pray jumat constantly says '' Olorun o fi irun royin anobi (SAW), iwa é lo fi royin e ju'' as the Prophet is always been described as the best of mankind. Of course, we cant be like him, but let us try in our own way. Get rid of the hate in your heart & replace it with more love smiley smiley You have it in you.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
BetaThings:
Pls amend your post to remove the word rebuke
Maclatunji has removed it,so no qualms,but thanks,Jazakallahu Khair.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by bukatyne(f): 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
uplawal: Honesty this is not showing showing off,i don't like people who miss salat for any reason,and i hate anyone telling me they will change to be praying cos they don't at all,yet they don't,just making mouth,i can even avoid the person as long as he or she continues until she changes,there is this hatred that feels me particularly those that disbelievers that says they will change but never,they think they deceive Allah,but they deceives themselves really,and my uttermost hatred goes towards christians that ridicule Islam.

My baby is fine Alhamdullilahi,Sukran.
Hatred for a person is wrong. you hate the sin and love the sinner. It's the love you have for the sinner that will propel that person to change. The person doesn't care about your hatred. As for hating christians that ridicule Islam, It's not YOUR job to fight for Islam/Allah. At best, pray for them to understand. AT worst, Ignore them. Hatred utimately leads to murder and terrorism.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by bukatyne(f): 2:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
tplacid: First of all I want to say I love you all for Allah's sake even though I have never met anyone of you before. The prophet said 'A believer is a mirror to another believer' the fact that we
are sharing our salat experiences just gives me joy that there is hope for this Ummah.

However, I realised that being a Muslim is the most difficult decision I have made in life, since reverting to Islam my conscience has been on auto pilot to the deen. When I first reverted it was always very difficult for me to even pray but then I would listen to sermons, read random verses from the Qur'an but then I stumbled upon this verse in Al Mumin(The believers) saying the believers are those that guide their salat(prayers), after I read that verse my salat has been on time and done the best possible manner as prescribed by our beloved prophet(SAW)

To all non muslims reading through this thread looking for answers just take your time, have an open mind. If you move one step close the one true God he would move 10 steps to you, yes he loves you that much. This is coming from an ex christian.

To my muslim folks trying to pray five times daily take it easy on yourself, it's easier than you think, the first thing you need is intention then read the Qur'an as often as you can, maybe one verse a day or a whole surah a day. Subconcsiosly you will begin to purify your heart, your soul will start to re unite will Allah you will start getting drawn to him in a way that will surprise you. At that point salat will be as easy as breathing, am talking from my personal experience here.

Islam is way of life, it's the journey of a lifetime. All you just need to do is have the intention to make that journey, once you do your path will be shown to you.

"This day I have perfected your Religion for you, completed my favour upon you and I have chosen for you Islam as your Religion"

Salam

There is nothing like ex - christian my dear.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
bukatyne: There is nothing like ex - christian my dear.

Do you prefer 'former christian'?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by bukatyne(f): 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
tbaba1234:

Do you prefer 'former christian'?
there is nothing like a former christian either. Anyone who leaves the christian faith is called a backslidder.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
Find Out!:
All these one you type don't really bother me,so because i hate unserious muslims(hypocrite)that always say rubbish about bear growers,hijab sisters,praying muslims,yet they don't pray,you are joining their band by preaching iwa lesin to mi,mind you,Allah blessed me enough with good morals,and pls don't expect me to be opening my teeth for those that hate Allah and his messenger?and have you not read the narrations that says,the prophet wanted to burn the houses of those that dnt wake for fajr?If he likes their unseriousness,he won't have bothered about burning their houses,and by the way,who told you we don't encourage them?ofcourse we do,but they just prefare the hustle of this life better than the akhira

See Uplawal, lemme tell you some things you might actually know but not realise their import.
That you observe your prayers constantly may appear to be by your personal effort, yes, but actually, it is LARGELY by the GRACE of ALLAH.

Do not outrightly condemn those muslims who don't observe their salat constantly. Condemn the ACT, but ENCOURAGE the people & pray for them for these reasons:

- THAT WE ARE MUSLIMS TODAY DOESNT GUARANTEE WE WILL DIE AS MUSLIMS & THAT IS WHY WE HAVE TO CONTINUOSLY PRAY TO ALLAH FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.

- The unbeliever today may eventually become a muslim & a mu'min tomorrow. The very good muslim today can become a disbeliever tomorrow. It has happened in the past even in the tine of the Prophet (SAW) & it is still happening NOW. Don't ever forget that.

I believe you are yoruba right? Have you heard of ''apadasiaburu''? May Allah not make it our portion.

Lastly, you may want to read my post above especially the areas that have to do with having an excellent character towards muslims & non-muslims alike. That was the greatest attribute of the Prophet. One of the imams at a mosque i pray jumat constantly says '' Olorun o fi irun royin anobi (SAW), iwa é lo fi royin e ju'' as the Prophet is always been described as the best of mankind. Of course, we cant be like him, but let us try in our own way. Get rid of the hate in your heart & replace it with more love smiley smiley You have it in you.

Peace.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
bukatyne: there is nothing like a former christian either. Anyone who leaves the christian faith is called a backslidder.

Maybe to you but to the person and most speakers of the English language, He is an ex-christian.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
Find Out!:

All these one you type don't really bother me,so because i hate unserious muslims(hypocrite)that always say rubbish about bear growers,hijab sisters,praying muslims,yet they don't pray,you are joining their band by preaching iwa lesin to mi,mind you,Allah blessed me enough with good morals,and pls don't expect me to be opening my teeth for those that hate Allah and his messenger?and have you not read the narrations that says,the prophet wanted to burn the houses of those that dnt wake for fajr?If he likes their unseriousness,he won't have bothered about burning their houses,and by the way,who told you we don't encourage them?ofcourse we do,but they just prefare the hustle of this life better than the akhira.

Peace.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
@Bukayte,can you help urself ignoring me ,there is no way you can hate only the sin without hating who is committing it,pls carry your fake church doctrine out of here,it does not exist in Islam,i mean real muslims mind.And mind you we muslims fight for Allah cause if need be,as Allah promised to fight who fight us through our Hands,Just like you christians are jubilating on facebook and nairaland about the Nigerians troops sent to Mali,cursing the muslims and saying they should kill them all,So in your thinking the christian soldiers amongs them should laid down their arms,cos they should not fight.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by bukatyne(f): 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=tbaba1234]

Maybe to you but to the person and most speakers of the English language, He is an ex-christian.[/quoteI don't want to argue. It's not according to me, it's the Bible. I'm sure that a person who leaves the muslim faith is regarded as ... It has no bearing if the muslim became a christian or not.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by bukatyne(f): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
uplawal: @Bukayte,can you help urself ignoring me ,there is no way you can hate only the sin without hating who is committing it,pls carry your fake church doctrine out of here,it does not exist in Islam,i mean real muslims mind.And mind you we muslims fight for Allah cause if need be,as Allah promised to fight who fight us through our Hands,Just like you christians are jubilating on facebook and nairaland about the Nigerians troops sent to Mali,cursing the muslims and saying they should kill them all,So in your thinking the christian soldiers amongs them should laid down their arms,cos they should not fight.
Whatever!
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by movado19: 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
For those who hate because others are not that strong yet to say their 5 daily prayers, etc, don't you think it would be better for you to channel all that energy in praying to Allah to guide them rather than hating? We all are not equal,and that is why we all pray to Allah to increase our station.

I have personally seen reverts to Islam who left the religion because of attitudes like this...if we really want to practice what our prophet S.A.W. preached and acted on, then we need to study his life properly and be exemplary to others.

This life is so easy to live if we make it that way.

Wa Salam.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Find Out!:

Wow!!!! Alhamdulilah. So so proud smiley

Post modded cool

He is a conscious Muslim and he's trying, he bankrolls the rent of our mosque space annually, which runs into a couple of millions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For He Who's Contemplating Suicide Or She Who Thinks Life Is Too Difficult. / Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi / Is It Permissive To Divorce A Woman Caught Cheating During Sawm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.