Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,079 members, 7,807,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? (13299 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / The Sunnahs That A Muslim Should Observe On The Day Of Eid / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
Salam Alaykum, I just wanted to know why some Muslims may not be observing the 5 daily salat completely.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Am I allowed to miss Solat because I went for classes?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
fellis: Am I allowed to miss Solat because I went for classes?

You have not answered the question. Let me know your experience, what are the things that make you miss salat if you do? How do you feel about them? I just want a compilation of people's experiences. Answering your question would derail the thread, it can be addressed elsewhere. smiley

The information gathered here can be used in other threads.

Thank you.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sorry for that.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by TableLeg(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
I try .... I will make more efforts to ensure consistency

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
fellis: Sorry for that.

No need, I am just trying to get insights. Most times, we talk about what should be instead of what is. I am trying to understand "what is" for many people- I think every Muslim knows that they should observe Salat 5 times a day but this thread is not about that. It would help if people were not so hesitant to talk about it. Even if it is a problem, talking about it can help reduce its severity I believe.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
fellis: Am I allowed to miss Solat because I went for classes?

https://www.nairaland.com/1170318/allowed-miss-solat-because-went smiley
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
Table Leg :
I try .... I will make more efforts to ensure consistency

What are the challenges you face towards achieving the bolded? Can you give examples?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by TableLeg(m): 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
maclatunji:

What are the challenges you face towards achieving the bolded? Can you give examples?
Work environment and nature predominantly
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by vedaxcool(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2013
Yes, I do, sounds like a wedding, lol grin

Except when:
Traveling, I end up joining prayers together!

Sickness: only in extreme cases where one looses track of time.

Work: rarely does it causes disruption of prayers but atimes it does!
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by laksides: 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes ℓ̊ do, but not everyday
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Wendyslim(f): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
I do atimes especially when am sick but when am too tired I combine them. May ALLAH make it easy.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by mine86: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
I DO EVERY DAY

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Azeez532(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
Insha allah,i do observe d 5 daily solats
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by mmmustapha(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes of course, its compulsory 4 me 2 do dat, I find peace of mind everytym I pray

5 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by lafuria1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
http://bonsaisky./

the link above is a nice piece about those strugglig to pray the 5 times salat daily.

mine is pure lazyiness for fajr only (sleep factor), am trying as much as possible to pray it on time. i pray all 5 prayers for sure but doing them on time is the issue. praying on time is very very important, i read that a prayer not accepted if you dilbrately missed it even if prayed at a later time.

may ALLAH streghten our iman.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by CohenJane: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
Is this question necessary for a Muslim, as in a Muslim?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Minsah5(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
may Allah help me to be doin it consistency
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tintingz(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
I only miss zuhri and Ahsri prayers during week days... And i make sure i complete them

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tjfulloption(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
may Allah forgive me, Amin. i dnt use to pray and it really paining me in my heart n even feeling it in my soul. but this "negligencies" and laziness has truly overpower me. pls maclantuji advice me. thanks for this topic.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by mmmustapha(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: Salam Alaykum, I just wanted to know why some Muslims may not be observing the 5 daily salat completely.
dat ppl r not true blievers coz even if u do 4, u will not be reward by Allah
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by mshd5: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes i do and make sure i keep 2 their stipulated time cos they are made obligatory 2 all muslims.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by iamswizz(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
pls i am a christian... But how do i observe my own too.. Tanks

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by mrgaga: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mine is laziness...i haven't perform solat 4 d past 4months..
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by hafsatbaby: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
@Op Which kind of silly question is this

2 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Hadone(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
[size=18pt]Alhamdu lillah!! Since I now prayed to God the almighty, ate my rice and stew, I now have the strength to post and answer yes.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Cheers01: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: Salam Alaykum, I just wanted to know why some Muslims may not be observing the 5 daily salat completely.

I am not a muslim but I have a funny experience with my old muslim gateman/maiguard

There are times that I would have to wait outside my own (ehem my father's) house for some xtra mins because the gateman is doing on of his five daily prayers. Keep in mind this was when I was 6-10 years old. Fortunately, the gateman tries to hurry up his prayers whenever I am at the gate.

Unfortunately, my gateman had to open the gates immediately for my parents in the middle of his prayers whenever my parents were horning at the gate. Worse, if my dad had orders to give, the gatemans prayer time could be even further shortened/ruined.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Cheers01: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
mr gaga: Mine is laziness...i haven't perform solat 4 d past 4months..

That is good smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For He Who's Contemplating Suicide Or She Who Thinks Life Is Too Difficult. / Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi / Is It Permissive To Divorce A Woman Caught Cheating During Sawm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.