Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? (13298 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / The Sunnahs That A Muslim Should Observe On The Day Of Eid / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by dridowu: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
With all sincerity, i don't just because have lazy lately
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by ifihearam: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
begwong:
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.
@ OP,Why didnt you post a caution when posting the RCCG thread on FP

Help me ask am abeg,why was it placed only on this and muslim related topics why not christians??
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by ifihearam: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
edreesabiodun: Please shove that up the warmest hole in your body. Don't Christians post threads about Islamist terrorist who conduct suicide attacks. Religion; people blind to their flaws and eyes wide open to those of others.

Why are you people like this sef??
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
ifihearam:

So you are a muslim,and you posted the thread of a woman who sued RCCG church so you can mae fun of christainity abi? And here you are posting what will encourage muslims. I pity you. If you like ban me,I am out for you trust me.

Don't mind Maclatunji that's how he is. 2moro he will call you dubious, intolerant or islamophobic when he is d greatest culprit. My own wahala is that today is not even friday. Has the frontpage become Islam frontpage? Tomorrow someone will say am intolerant when they requested and have their own room. You guys should kindly stay there till friday. Maclatunji you can hide this post if you like cos it is not an opinon for Islam.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by alienvirus: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
ifihearam:

So you are a muslim,and you posted the thread of a woman who sued RCCG church so you can mae fun of christainity abi? And here you are posting what will encourage muslims. I pity you. If you like ban me,I am out for you trust me.
who is this? RCCG is a big $h!7
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Adewakeup1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
I usually don't know when its time for salat, i am the only Muslim in my office, i tried using online athan but the timing is wrong, like it calls zuhr by 12noon.
You can't hear noise or know whats going on outside when you are in my office. So i usually check time when i'm hungry or when people are packing to go home.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by oboy3(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
alienvirus: who is this? RCCG is a big $h!7
he didnt see this one

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by bakusha(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
Most time s lazyness n nofin else. Jt pray Allah 2grant n mk d solat 4 comfortable 4every 1 of us. Amin

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maasoap(m): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
I just observed my solat asr now. Now to go and and watch the remaining part of Ivory coast match.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Adewakeup1: I usually don't know when its time for salat, i am the only Muslim in my office, i tried using online athan but the timing is wrong, like it calls zuhr by 12noon.
You can't hear noise or know whats going on outside when you are in my office. So i usually check time when i'm hungry or when people are packing to go home.

Where do you work? The online application is most probably correct.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by newacca: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Maa-sha Allah! Allah has been supporting me,what I need now is the accuracy in time. Allah will help me.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Dawdy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes I do.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by nikegbade(f): 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Allah! Am guilty of this...oh our Rabb, please make salah easy for me $ all d ummah more than it is. Could it be the nature of ♏γ work? ♏γ health? because u said in ur words 'wamon alaqtul jinn wal insa illa li yahbudoon! Walahi There's no excuse whatsoever for missing salah..subhanalah! Am feeling so guilty $ sad ryt now
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by kheart(m): 4:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes, bt somtim nt on time sha, may Allah forgiv n make it easy on us.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Ramcie(f): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
I pray when it's time for salat but whenever I don't pray on time, I feel like a big weight has been placed on my me but the feeling goes away immediately I pray. masha Allah.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by bukatyne(f): 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
hafsatbaby: @Op Which kind of silly question is this
I am not a muslim but I know this is not a silly question. If you do like it, exit this thread and view another. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by TBD(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
I always been consistency with my prayers may ALLAH accept it us has an act of ibadah.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by TBD(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
I always been consistency with my 5 daily prayers may ALLAH accept it us has an act of ibadah.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Dyt(f): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
Not all d time
My hands are so full these days
Prayin for it to come with ease
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by nasty45(m): 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
na Salat or Salad u wan spel?i dnt mis Salad wen i go to eateries...my moslem frnd says Salat is in d Haddith nat Quaran n as such it is nat a law...hw tru?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by nasty45(m): 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
EXCUSE OH,MUST MY PRAYER BE TIMED?I MEAN ONE CAN PRAY ANYTIME,,,moslem players wey de super eagles dem no de pray?abegi
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by http(m): 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
I do observe my Fajr prayer on time, but others are almost always combine especially Zuhr, Asr. Am incomplete whenever i miss or have not observe my solat, am trying to do something about it.

My job involves travelling everyday to sites (telecomm), am just finding alternatives for my job, i need to quit and get a none travel job, then i can have no excuse for not observing my salat. May almight Allah forgive all my short commings.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by anataala: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
yes, is a must, not even observing them but in congregation. is the most important thing for me before anything in this world, because if my prayers is ok, i believe all my worries and anxieties are over for more pls read this:

Praying five times a day is considered so important to Muslims that we call it one of the Five Pillars of Islam. In other words, along with the declaration of faith, fasting in Ramadan, paying of Zakat and going on pilgrimage once in one's life to Makkah, prayer is considered essential if we are to call ourselves Muslims.

As with everything in Islam, there is a reason behind all the things we do. Sometimes, if we don't understand these underlying reasons, many things can just appear as external rules and regulations. Modern men and women are not looking for extra burdens to put on their backs, so there is much more to praying than observing a regulation.

Contrary to what many people think, there is much more to prayer than just asking for things! Of course, we ask things of Almighty God, but we can also spend time thanking Him and praising Him. Indeed, the angels in heaven exist just to do this.

In the holy Quran we read: (Most surely, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find solace.) (13:28)

In the Call to Prayer (the Adhan), which is called from the mosque five times a day, the caller says these words: "Come to prayer. Come to Success." In the Call for the Morning Prayer, he even adds the phrase, "Prayer is better than sleep." There is really nothing more beautiful in a Muslim country to wake up in the morning to hear Allah's name being mentioned from every part of the city. Even for those who are the only Muslims in their town, though, the morning Call to Prayer reminds them just how beautiful a gift prayer really is.

Imagine an air-raid siren being sounded in time of war. People hear the siren and run as fast as they can to take cover from the bombs that would soon be falling on them. The Adhan is like this air-raid siren, but instead of calling people to take shelter from bombs it is asking them to come to God Almighty and take shelter from the cares of this life. You see, prayer is not an escape from reality. It is an escape to reality. In prayer we can put all things in perspective and see what is really important in life.

When our foreheads are touching the ground in prayer we can't fool anyone. Maybe in life we manage to fool others by the way we dress or by the words we use. Sometimes we even manage to fool ourselves. But Allah is not to be fooled. He not only created the heavens and the earth and everything in between, but He also knows every leaf that falls from every tree. This is why we can truly be ourselves in His presence when we pray.

For Muslims, praying is not a regulation. It is a gift.

So why five prayers, and why at certain set times during the day? You know, of all the Pillars of Islam, praying five times a day was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in heaven. At first, he was told that Muslims should pray fifty times, but Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) urged Muhammad to go back and say that this was too much. Allah Almighty then said ten times, and again Moses (peace be upon him) persuaded Muhammad (peace be upon him) to plead that this was too much. Finally, Muhammad (peace be upon him) was told that Muslims must pray five times a day, and Allah added, "I have enforced My obligation and made it light for my servants. He who prays these five prayers will be rewarded as if he had prayed fifty. What I decree cannot be changed." (Bukhari)

The regulation of praying at certain set times is not just a random idea. The whole idea is to permeate the whole of one's day with the remembrance of Allah. Some new Muslims say that they lead very busy lives and ask if it is OK to say all the five prayers together in the evening when they have more time. It is precisely because we live busy lives that we must pray at certain times. The times are simple: when we get up, at noon, in the middle of the afternoon, in the early evening and at night. By praying at these set times we give a routine of prayer to our day. We wake up thinking of Allah and we spend the day interrupting all of our busy-ness to think of Him again.

So, if you are new to Islam is it easy to adjust to the routine of praying at five fixed times a day? Well, in my own case it certainly wasn't easy and it took me some time to get used to it. So if at first you are not feeling all that uplifted by getting up to pray at four in the morning, stick with it. The routine itself will help you. By doing good things we become good people. The routine of prayer will make you a better Muslim.

A few simple tips might help. If you find it difficult to get up for the Dawn Prayer, then buy yourself a loud alarm clock, or even two or three, and have them so far out of your reach that you have to get up to turn them off! You might at first even get your telephone company to give you a wake-up call.

As well as an alarm clock, you can also get an alarm clock that will sound the call to Prayer five times a day. There are many Muslim bookshops that sell these and you could probably even get one online. This kind of clock is especially helpful if you live in a country where the Adhan is not called publicly. If that is not possible, set your mobile phone to vibrate and be reminded of the prayer times even while you are in the office!

A problem people sometimes have in prayer is that they are distracted and cannot concentrate. Well, it all depends on how well prepared we are. If we are going to our prayers straight from watching a football match or a sitcom on the TV, then our thoughts will not be on Allah alone. So we need to take time in preparing for prayer. This, in fact, is what the Ablution gives us time to do. As we wash away the dirt that clings to our bodies, we prepare for the prayer to wash away the dirt that clings to our hearts and our lives.

So, for those new to Islam, setting off on a journey of prayer will bring great benefits. The greatest one of all is that it will help us to put our lives into perspective, seeing that all things come from Allah and that it is to Allah that all will return.

Useful Links:

Merits of Praying Five Times

Ablution, Prayer, and Beyond

Long-Searched-For Happiness: Prayers?

Beyond Hope and Fear: Learning to Love Prayers

When the Sun Never Sets: Prayer Times & Islamic Law

5 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by dejiavu(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
I do observe my prayers regularly, but in the last 6 months its been majorly when I get home cos I change job and now once in a while I do observe my prayers @ when due.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Tips for fajr

1. Discipline your Life

2. Sleep Early - Sleep after Isha- No late night movies- No late night Islamic lectures- SLEEP EARLY

3. Set an alarm 30- 20 -15 minutes before fajr.... AND GET UP

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
Praying At work

1. Find a place around work to say your salah

2.Take your lunch-break around the time for Zuhr.... Pray and go for lunch....

3. Pray Asr before you leave the office

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Magrib, Traffic and Isha

If you can stay in the office for mahgrib then pray before you leave....

Try to leave the office early enough so as to make mahgrib at home otherwise...
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by saxking(m): 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
I guess I'll have to find the point where I'll understand and appreciate salat..
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Salad?

Just saw this "To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam. "

Tyranny and Dictatorshop is it the nature of islam? Nawa oooo. But muslims are free to post offensive words against christianity?. We de watch
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
Masha Allah. Started full five daily prayers at 17 some 13 years ago. Before then 1 or 2 or 0 a day. First two years of 5/5 (1999-2001), used to do subhi timely and combine the four others in the evening. But became time conscious when I entered university in 2001 and started saying them at their right times.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
My former workplace was very permissive. We had a mini-mosque in our building and had top guys that were Muslims (including our Deputy CEO, a Muslim convert from Delta state) who are very supportive. They even give prayer times allowance in many meetings. So it was very easy to say all prayers at their right times even when in office.

My current place of work. Initially, when I joined, used to take bike (or sometimes drive) to go to nearest mosque. Later, I discovered a closer mosque at trekable distance. Later, during last Ramadan, I was shown a small praying ground within the compound next to us. So now very easy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For He Who's Contemplating Suicide Or She Who Thinks Life Is Too Difficult. / Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi / Is It Permissive To Divorce A Woman Caught Cheating During Sawm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.