Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

2004 Toyota Sienna Slide Doors Do Not Open With Inner Door Buttons Or The Remote - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Toyota Sienna Slide Doors Do Not Open With Inner Door Buttons Or The Remote (2053 Views)

Which Toyota Sienna Is Best For Use In Public Transportation And Why? / Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord / VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2004 Toyota Sienna Slide Doors Do Not Open With Inner Door Buttons Or The Remote by bravolad(m): 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hello forum members,
My sienna slide doors suddenly stopped opening with either the remote or the inner door buttons. I have had some electricians looked at it but none seemed to understand where the problem comes from. I have also gone to Elizade motors here in Abuja with the hope of getting to the root of the problem but they said they do not work on American specs vehicles because of the unavailability of spare parts & lack of support from their technical partners.

Anyone who has had a similar experience could kindly share with me how it was resolved.

Thanks.
Re: 2004 Toyota Sienna Slide Doors Do Not Open With Inner Door Buttons Or The Remote by sultaan(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
That shows you they don't know what they are doing.

Your actuator might be broken if its one door.

If its both doors it might be a fuse, or you simply pressed the lock from driver side(there is a button on driver side that will disable the sliding doors the one with X on it.It prevents kids from opening their doors.

Start with that switch first then check on the fuse wiring diagram. last thing will be the actuator(both should not go out at same time so focus on a child lock type system.

1 Like

Re: 2004 Toyota Sienna Slide Doors Do Not Open With Inner Door Buttons Or The Remote by bravolad(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2013
Thank you @sultaan, it's neither of those switches below the steering. I also doubt it is the actuator because both doors are affected. But the boot can be opened with the remote or the inner opener. I want to believe that it is a fuse. It will take someone with an understanding of the electrical diagram of the sliding doors to rectify the problem. As per the child lock, I use it to prevent my kids from opening the doors when necessary.
Re: 2004 Toyota Sienna Slide Doors Do Not Open With Inner Door Buttons Or The Remote by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 23, 2013
d
Re: 2004 Toyota Sienna Slide Doors Do Not Open With Inner Door Buttons Or The Remote by bravolad(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2013
oyibomoses: I have solve such problem, it is common on toyota sienna cars if you are in lagos come to my office in ikeja and i will take you to me expect boy who will solve the problem for you with easy.

Well, I live in Abuja. If you wouldn't mind, could you share his phone number with me so I can call him to see if I can extract some information from him. Knowledge Sharing is key to providing solutions to problems...!

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Display Unit Creader-v Needed / Choice Of Gear Oil. / My Toyota Corolla Jerks On Motion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.