Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Why Do People Tell Lies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Tell Lies? (1753 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Shocking! Recorded Voice Tape of TB Joshua Bribing Journalists To tell Lies! / Why Do People Tell Lies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Tell Lies? by nirron1(m): 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2006
Both the Christianity and the Islamic religions forbids telling lies,our traditional religion too frawned at it to such an extent that various penalities are put in place to check the act. wink

To then say that people don't tell lies because of these penalities or because of the position of religions is like validating falsehood,as man is always in the habit of telling lies when need arises, grin

Then why do people tell lies and how do u feel when u discovered that someone you trusted so much had lied to you?
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by kimba(m): 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2006
@nirron1
Then why do people tell lies and how do u feel when u discovered that someone you trusted so much had lied to you?

Hope this is not part of the love-thang here, i mean the
someone you trusted so much had lied to you

to answer the question, People tell lies
- when they are trying to impress someone and put up a false front
- because they have lost the key to happiness, which is honesty to self and others.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by reniks(f): 1:04am On Apr 30, 2006
Why do people tell lies?Because the truth hurts!!!! Seriously though am sure there are a million and 1 reasons y ppl lie.Its just one the numerous sins of humans.Like many other sins,we know its wrong but we keep doing it.It hurts when lied to but its a vicious circle.The one who hurts from being lied to would at some point lie to another and it goes on and on.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by KAG: 1:14am On Apr 30, 2006
People lie for many reasons, sometimes it is honorable and justified, other times it is dishonrable and despicable.

How would I feel if i was lied to? Depends on the scenario in question
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by nirron1(m): 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2006
KAG:

People lie for many reasons, sometimes it is honorable and justified, other times it is dishonrable and despicable.

How would I feel if i was lied to? Depends on the scenario in question

KAG,so u prefer to lie for honour and then disobey your GOD.

Who matters most,your honour or your God.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by KAG: 4:52am On May 01, 2006
nirron1:

KAG,so u prefer to lie for honour and then disobey your GOD.

Who matters most,your honour or your God.

My honour? I meant honourable in the sense of deserving respect. Sometimes a lie is necessary to save an innocent life, that in itself is honourable as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather be damned, than tell the truth to damn an innocent. Hope that helps.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by babymine(f): 9:05am On May 01, 2006
Why do people tell lies?

I wonder. shocked grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Seun(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2006
See also 'White Lies!'.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by lilvonz(m): 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2007
Most people lie just for the fun of it.
Lieing is a sin as we all know, but sometimes, we just can't stop commiting those sins.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Kuns: 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2007
See John 8: 44
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by cgift(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2007
Kuns:

See John 8: 44

Kuns, Why have yo quoted from the bible? I thought you have no regard for that book. or do you take th part that suites you for the particular instance? I am somewhat lost. Please find me?
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Kuns: 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2007
This is the book the has spell bounded our people so you have too use it to break that spell of ignorance. If I had quoted from any other book you would of pull your shutters up and would be unreachable.

Just like a doctor would treat a patient with a vaccines (a little bit of the same disease) to cure a disease. You have to inject a bit of the vaccine of religion to enable the patient to start to reason soundly again.

Believe deadens the mind and stop one from reasoning soundly. To treat the patient you will have to use the vaccine of religion to treat and cure them.

Do you overstand?

Actually, I reseach and study the bible more now that when I was a church going, bible bashing, babbling in tougue christians.

I also read other scriptures which have spell bounded our people including the Koran or your Torah. This is the work of a scientist to follow and reseach the facts. Are you ok with that, do you overstand?

(1) (Reply)

Did The Devil Really Lie To Eve? / Seeking Understanding / Churches Now Business Centres ! Why ? ? ? (pic's)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.