Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv (14619 Views)

Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? / Jonathan In Lagos. Inspects Police College. / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by deletrue: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2013
With this kind of report, you can easily know the stuff most nigerians are made of. Those who are below the line of normalcy can now jump. In like manner, now look at the role punch is playing in the nigerian society! What would a normal human being, especially foreigners think of this country? Na una sabi. senseless people living together.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ypzilanti: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2013
romzey: Haba!!! 5 kids can not share the head of a fish, talk more of 50 adults. It's understandable if they use it to cook d meal but sharing! Na how many bone even dey dat heat sef? shocked

It's figure of speech,na. Metaphor.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Symphony007: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2013
Then why do people with fully fuctional brains still join? With conditions like this, why do they still see the need to train to be a member of the nigerian police?
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by babysnogls: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2013
We all know d fish story is exagerated but giving them 150 a day? Na thief camp be ds o!
They graduate angrily thinking 'with this gun, una go take!'
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by thelastPope(m): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti:

I agree. My camp was in the north, and it was a hellhole. I refused to eat the crap they were serving at camp too. Had to use my street cred to defecate in the bush too. WTF.

My only lovely memory of camp is one lovely fellow corper girl (camp romance)like dat.Choi! grin

All of you, including me, are part of the problem because we take the mess and move and tell our selves "e no concern me". But we quickly jump on NL and insult GEJ et all! The fact is, we don't care. We only care on socia networks or forums like these. Enough money is allocated to the NYSC. In fact, allocations to the NYSC is done per corper. If I am not mistaken, it is hundreds of thousand per corper. Will try and confirm that.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ypzilanti: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2013
deletrue: With this kind of report, you can easily know the stuff most nigerians are made of. Those who are below the line of normalcy can now jump. In like manner, now look at the role punch is playing in the nigerian society! What would a normal human being, especially foreigners think of this country? Na una sabi. senseless people living together.

You are not coherent.

You are incoherent.

I just used two words in two sentences to say the same thing. What exactly are you trying to say? Calm down and type slowly.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by annastacie: 11:17am On Jan 22, 2013
hmmmm how is that possible? ok
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ignis: 11:18am On Jan 22, 2013
Abeg... I no gree jor.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2013
Alary: It must be a Shark or Whale head .

i thought the cadets were sharing a shark head.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ypzilanti: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope:

All of you, including me, are part of the problem because we take the mess and move and tell our selves "e no concern me". But we quickly jump on NL and insult GEJ et all! The fact is, we don't care. We only care on socia networks or forums like these. Enough money is allocated to the NYSC. In fact, allocations to the NYSC is done per corper. If I am not mistaken, it is hundreds of thousand per corper. Will try and confirm that.

Hmmn. So you think that each police cadet is allocated 150 naira a day as feeding allowance, and yet corpers are given some astronomical sum? You think 10 collgese share 271 million for yearly capital budget and NYSC camps get much more? I have not checked either, but when you get that information, please post for my leisurely education. Logic says that it is not so.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by thelastPope(m): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti:

Hmmn. So you think that each police cadet is allocated 150 naira a day as feeding allowance, and yet corpers are given some astronomical sum? You think 10 collgese share 271 million for yearly capital budget and NYSC camps get much more? I have not checked either, but when you get that information, please post for my leisurely education. Logic says that it is not so.

So you actually think that in the police budget submitted to the NASS, they allocated 150 a day per cadet? Haba! Use your number 6 bros. "What goes in is not what comes out" obviously!
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by KINGwax(m): 11:29am On Jan 22, 2013
take dat: Is this impossible claim of 50 persons sharing a fish head supposed to make us feel sympathetic to the plight of the police? Guess the exaggeration was geared towards convincing government to improve their funding and for well meaning Nigerians to help contribute in the fund raiser organised by Channels tv!
babyosisi:

See the clip on the link
the man above u is claer enuff, evn the exaggeration is too exaggerated. it is staged to an amateurish fault.
We knw it aint good there, bt the clip is fake
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by dilbert100: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2013
nice undecided
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ypzilanti: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2013
Talking of solutions, they could increase the food allocation to N500 a day. They could then monetize it and pay it as a weekly stipend to each of the cadets. The students cannot spend the money, but must indicate a caterer that would receive his/her allocation for the week. If you have two different food contractors assigned to the school and the students must pay their allowance to either of the contractors each week, the contractors would cook better food while competing for the students money.

The same system can be applied to NYSC camps.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Okijajuju1(m): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope: After blaming government and police officials, I have to sincerely also blame Nigerians generally. Someone is saying NYSC camp is bad and I have to ask myself why university graduates in their thousands cannot stand up for their rights! Where is NANS! Government all over the world will under perform if they know the citizens don't care, including the United States of America! In fact, that was the case of the US in the 30s when the gangs ruled. Tell me why 10000 youth corpers cannot do a no work, sit on the ground protest until things change in their camp? I can even understand the case of the police cadets because you cannot protest in the military, especially when you have not even being confirmed. But the attitude of Nigerians has to change really. We dnt all have to gather in a large open field before we can change things!

[b]Divide and Conquer Tactics..

So let me explain. I was the only corp member in my Camp that was brought before 'CAMP COURT' on charges of 'INCITING A RIOT'. Funny enough, I didnt do no such thing o!! All I did was state my opinion on a subject matter. I said if it were left to me, I wouldnt handover the money that the Director General of NYSC gave to some groups of Corpers when he visited. Apparently, after the DG left, the camp Director ordered the corp members who recieved the monies (20,000 Naira per group totallying about 100,000'k) to bring the monies and hand them over to him. So when I heard it, I was very vocal, but only in my little corner o!! I had no idea that we had SSS officials on camp. Anyways, I simply showed the NYSC panel a wad of cash. Pointedly told them I had more in my room and that the miserly 100'k the DG shared was not my problem, however, if its true that they asked the students who recieved the monies to hand it over to them, I say its very wrongand if I recieved that money, I wouldnt hand over a cent to nobody. They were pissed off, wished they had a good reason to decamp me, but couldnt. In the end, they succeeded in collecting the monies from all of them.

Now if a Student Union type protest should start in Camps across the Nation, before it starts, they would quell it. The story of SSS agents being in camp seems to be very true as it was confirmed to me by the Camp Commandant. This rot is deep seated. State Co-ordinators across the country are all guilty of pilfering monies meant for rehabilitating these camps. Somebody somewhere has a long running contract to supply these kits to Corpers nationwide and the person is supplying us these fake kits and prolly charging the Federal government an arm and a Leg for it.

I dont care o!! I'm too busy climbing up to look down. Those who should care have no balls. [/b]
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Okijajuju1(m): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2013
[b]Talking of solutions..

1. Food: The food for all training institutes in Nigeria, from Universities to colleges to even secondary schools should be given out to catering companies like UAC foods, Genesis, Kilimanjaro, e.t.c.. These companies will deliver professional grade services at a verr reduced rice. The contract should be 2 years max witha renewal clause attached.

2. Hostels: The design plan for the hostels in all institutions around the country from Universities to secondary schools should be drawn up by the federal government. This plan should be detailed and be used as the yardstick for all hostels acroos the country. Both police training colleges and even Civil defense training colleges. The contract for building these hostels should be given to proper construction companies that have a reputation to protect like Julius Berger for example. The hostels must be built to spec or nothing. This will stop this habit of building shoddy houses with poor substandard wiring and tagging them hostels.

3. Transparency: The Government should publish a budget showing how much was allocted for X and Y. Example, we would like to know how much the contract for kitting NYSC members costs. [/b]
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by ypzilanti: 11:36am On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope:

So you actually think that in the police budget submitted to the NASS, they allocated 150 a day per cadet? Haba! Use your number 6 bros. "What goes in is not what comes out" obviously!

I do not doubt it at all, that the feeding allowance is 150 naira a day. The official said it live on television without fear. If you have a counter information, please I am waiting. Ask yourself what the minimum wage is in Nigeria. N18,000. That is N600 a day. What is the allocation for feeding inside 600 naira? We have a government that acts frugal when allocating resources to the masses, but is not so prudent with government expenditure on itself. Why are you writing as if you do not live in this country? Or are you a government official?

1 Like

Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by FrenchyL(m): 11:39am On Jan 22, 2013
This is very pathetic!!! angry angry angry angry angry How do you think that these dehumanized men and women would function normally or professionally??
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Muttex(m): 11:46am On Jan 22, 2013
I weep for Nigeria.... This is tomorrow in disguise...
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2013
PetroDollas: Too late.I don watch am already in Accra.
Accra is not better, there are worst places in Accra
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by thelastPope(m): 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti:

What the man said on TV, was it the allocation in the budjet or the actual money they receive? For your information, there was scandal some years back where it revealed that monies were illegally deducted from salaries of junior police officers accross the country. You need to understand what I am saying. This is actually the case in many institutions across the country. It used to happen even in the super eagles and other national teams. They quote a figure in the budjet and pay something else. My goal is to scrutinize the situation so as to find out what is really going on. I do not believe that the budjet contains 50 naira a meal.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by thelastPope(m): 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Divide and Conquer Tactics..

So let me explain. I was the only corp member in my Camp that was brought before 'CAMP COURT' on charges of 'INCITING A RIOT'. Funny enough, I didnt do no such thing o!! All I did was state my opinion on a subject matter. I said if it were left to me, I wouldnt handover the money that the Director General of NYSC gave to some groups of Corpers when he visited. Apparently, after the DG left, the camp Director ordered the corp members who recieved the monies (20,000 Naira per group totallying about 100,000'k) to bring the monies and hand them over to him. So when I heard it, I was very vocal, but only in my little corner o!! I had no idea that we had SSS officials on camp. Anyways, I simply showed the NYSC panel a wad of cash. Pointedly told them I had more in my room and that the miserly 100'k the DG shared was not my problem, however, if its true that they asked the students who recieved the monies to hand it over to them, I say its very wrongand if I recieved that money, I wouldnt hand over a cent to nobody. They were pissed off, wished they had a good reason to decamp me, but couldnt. In the end, they succeeded in collecting the monies from all of them.

Now if a Student Union type protest should start in Camps across the Nation, before it starts, they would quell it. The story of SSS agents being in camp seems to be very true as it was confirmed to me by the Camp Commandant. This rot is deep seated. State Co-ordinators across the country are all guilty of pilfering monies meant for rehabilitating these camps. Somebody somewhere has a long running contract to supply these kits to Corpers nationwide and the person is supplying us these fake kits and prolly charging the Federal government an arm and a Leg for it.

I dont care o!! I'm too busy climbing up to look down. Those who should care have no balls. [/b]

I agree that they use the divide and conquer tactics but the reason they can do that is because we are actually divided. Just imagine that people on this forum are all in one NYSC camp. How are you going to get them to cooperate in a protest? If you start it, the Yoruba lads there will probably not join or if a Yoruba guy starts it, the Ibo guys will probably not join too. It is still down to us really. No matter the number of SSS people in camp, if everyone rises up in unison and demand a fix, it will succeed.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by takedat(m): 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope:

What the man said on TV, was it the allocation in the budjet or the actual money they receive? For your information, there was scandal some years back where it revealed that monies were illegally deducted from salaries of junior police officers accross the country. You need to understand what I am saying. This is actually the case in many institutions across the country. It used to happen even in the super eagles and other national teams. They quote a figure in the budjet and pay something else. My goal is to scrutinize the situation so as to find out what is really going on. I do not believe that the budjet contains 50 naira a meal.
Bros, N851million was allocated as the entire training budget for 2012 and 18500 trainees graduated as at december last year. It shows that almost N46000 was budgeted for each trainee a year. The N46000 divided by 12months will be almost N4000 per month. Based on these calculations, its possible that the inconsiderate government provided N150 feeding allowance for the trainees per day. This is almost not a matter of some officers diverting the funds but that of a treasury looting-self satisfying government!
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by freecocoa(f): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Alary: It must be a Shark or Whale head .
The same thing I thought o, cos I don't see how possible it is for 10 people to share a normal fish head talk more of 50 persons .
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by thelastPope(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
take dat: Bros, N851million was allocated as the entire training budget for 2012 and 18500 trainees graduated as at december last year. It shows that almost N46000 was budgeted for each trainee a year. The N46000 divided by 12months will be almost N4000 per month. Based on these calculations, its possible that the inconsiderate government provided N150 feeding allowance for the trainees per day. This is almost not a matter of some officers diverting the funds but that of a treasury looting-self satisfying government!

First and foremost, you do not necessarily calculate per head when you are providing food for 18500 persons except you got a quote from a caterer and no caterer will quote N50 per meal. I know exactly what i am saying. I am not saying the money allocated is enough, I am only saying there is more to the rot than talking about allocation. Even the monies from the party rentals and adverts for the college cannot be accounted for. If the police are truly sincere about it, they will add that money to what they get from government and use it to improve the lot of the force. do you see Airforce or Navy quarters looking like that? Do you know how many trailer load of rice and cows, excluding trailer loads of other items, the police gets from both local industries and businesses every year. You need to go to police house and police warehouse during Christmas and salah to see for yourself.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by justaqad(m): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
Clerverly: These wannabe-assassins dey enjoyoooo grin grin grin 2 full bucket of water( sorry food) God catch you, if na you be the first civilian wey dem jam the day they finished their prison terms....Amadioha, please protect me from these trainee killers hands when they graduate angry angry angry

rotflmao...i will mark there graduation date on my calendar.i hate coincidence..lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by takedat(m): 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelastPope:

First and foremost, you do not necessarily calculate per head when you are providing food for 18500 persons except you got a quote from a caterer and no caterer will quote N50 per meal. I know exactly what i am saying. I am not saying the money allocated is enough, I am only saying there is more to the rot than talking about allocation. Even the monies from the party rentals and adverts for the college cannot be accounted for. If the police are truly sincere about it, they will add that money to what they get from government and use it to improve the lot of the force. do you see Airforce or Navy quarters looking like that? Do you know how many trailer load of rice and cows, excluding trailer loads of other items, the police gets from both local industries and businesses every year. You need to go to police house and police warehouse during Christmas and salah to see for yourself.
Bros, the allocation was on per head basis, Same thing applies to the NYSC programme. For the Deputy Commandant of the College to boldly state the amount without fear or prejudice shows that the N150 daily meal ticket is from the government!
The Rentals and Advert space are illegal so funds accrued from there are unaccounted for!
The amount allocated for the armed forces training and institutions in 2012 was N14billion, so you don't expect them to complain.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed cry cry undecided
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Gwazah(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
take dat: Is this impossible claim of 50 persons sharing a fish head supposed to make us feel sympathetic to the plight of the police? Guess the exaggeration was geared towards convincing government to improve their funding and for well meaning Nigerians to help contribute in the fund raiser organised by Channels tv!
u must be stupid, don't sit at home nd condem somebody's research, go nd conduct urs 2 counta attack channel's claims.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by PetroDollas: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
koastar:
Accra is not better, there are worst places in Accra
u dey craze abi?wetin concern police cadets food n 'worst places in Accra?' BTW also saw very dilapilated hostels.the police colleges in Ghana are far far better.
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
deletrue: With this kind of report, you can easily know the stuff most nigerians are made of. Those who are below the line of normalcy can now jump. In like manner, now look at the role punch is playing in the nigerian society! What would a normal human being, especially foreigners think of this country? Na una sabi. senseless people living together.
Whatever! There are evidences these men of service need attention seriously. Actions must be taken with urgency. Please, stop looking down on the condition of these people!!!
Re: 50 Trainees Share A Fish Head In Police College - Channels Tv by lonelydora: 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
They even look like prisoners in their pants......Little wonder when they see u on the road with a good car, they feel you are in heaven and wants to get as much money as they can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial / Reps Besiege Tambuwal's Homes To Lobby For Committe Appointment / Pigeons: Buhari Has No Time For Idle, Wailing Wailers - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.