Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,027 members, 7,803,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Audi A4 (tiger Face) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi A4 (tiger Face) (4010 Views)

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 / What Does Honda Bullet (tiger Face ) Looks Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audi A4 (tiger Face) by baruwainfo: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pls guys, I'm planning to buy Audi 'Tiger face'. I'm confused cos I've heard different things about the car and I need the assistance of those who know about the car. I need info about the price estimate, fuel consumption rate, durability and strength.
Your help will be highly appreciated as I'm making plans to purchase the car(direct Belgium) as early as next week.
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
I would love to help, if only you'd give the correct name. Audi "Tiger Face"? That means nothing to me, and perhaps others too.

I'm sure the name "Tiger Face" won't mean a thing to the Belgians either.
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by baruwainfo: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Siena: I would love to help, if only you'd give the correct name. Audi "Tiger Face"? That means nothing to me, and perhaps others too.

Sorry, Audi A4.
Thanks
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by pafestula(m): 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
Siena: I would love to help, if only you'd give the correct name. Audi "Tiger Face"? That means nothing to me, and perhaps others too.

He is refering to Audi 80 1996 model.. Tiger face is just Nig slang for the car.
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by pafestula(m): 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
After answering his own.. Pls enlighting me on VW Jetta 2002, am hearing alot about it, and my sister who just got employ recently is planning to aquire one, and I dont know much about the pros and cons of that car. Pls from experience let me be convinced on what to tell her.. People told her that electrical fault is common to the said car, while some told me that its transmission issues, so she is thinking of 1999 Camry LE V4 auto. VS 2002 Jetta V4 auto. Thanks
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by baruwainfo: 7:03am On Jan 22, 2013
Guys, I'm not getting d info I need here oooo.
Does it mean that no one has any idea about the car? This is urgent pls.
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by baruwainfo: 7:05am On Jan 22, 2013
pafestula: After answering his own.. Pls enlighting me on VW Jetta 2002, am hearing alot about it, and my sister who just got employ recently is planning to aquire one, and I dont know much about the pros and cons of that car. Pls from experience let me be convinced on what to tell her.. People told her that electrical fault is common to the said car, while some told me that its transmission issues, so she is thinking of 1999 Camry LE V4 auto. VS 2002 Jetta V4 auto. Thanks
Oga, pls open ur own thread n ask all d questions u want.
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by pafestula(m): 10:19am On Jan 22, 2013
av already done that before u advised me sir!
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by baruwainfo: 10:43am On Jan 22, 2013
Hmmmm
Still no comment...
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by ucever(m): 11:12am On Jan 23, 2013
Hello, I a friend who drive Jetta 02 Model auto, the car sleep in mechanic workishop more than the Road, brain box, electrical issues car not starting in the morning when is going 2wrk and 2much feuel consumption, I don talk my own
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
ucever: Hello, I a friend who drive Jetta 02 Model auto, the car sleep in mechanic workishop more than the Road, brain box, electrical issues car not starting in the morning when is going 2wrk and 2much feuel consumption, I don talk my own

These issues manifest themselves, when your Nigerian mechanics get hold of them.

Read reviews on the Volkswagen Jetta / Bora in the US and UK. All these "issues" you've mentioned here are an inherent problem once these cars land in Nigeria. So far, you've made a very vague statement, and said very little about the issues for friend's car had.

A 10-year-old automobile that's been trouble-free all its life, suddenly becomes a money pit with problems that could fill a book the size of the Bible after some rubbish Nigerian mechanic has gotten his hands on it. Are you seeing a pattern forming here? A car is driven into a Nigerian "workshop" for a headlamp not working. Then hours later, the "mechanic" calls the owner to tell him his car needs a new wiring harness, because the car caught fire.

Or a car is driven to a Nigerian workshop due to a misfire, only for the owner to have to arrange to have it towed out, because the "mechanic" decided to bypass all safety systems and the ECU, and the engine will no longer run. LMAO!

The problems are not the automobile themselves, but the moronic chimps who screw them up! High fuel consumption? With the thermostat removed, why won't the engine be thirsty?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by ziccoit: 2:13am On Jan 24, 2013
baruwa@info:

Guy i think the guru here has been ignoring your request because you didn't answer his question about the type of the car you want to buy. Tiger face or Audi A4 is passing no useful info.

The thing should have been like; Audi A4 Quattro 1.8 turbo, A4 Avant Quattro 1.9 turbo diesel etc depending on what you want.
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by Emperoh(m): 12:38am On Jan 25, 2013
The car known as Audi Tiger Face is the 1993-1995 Audi 80
Pls guys be guided
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by ucever(m): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gday Siena and fellow nairaland freinds, pls hw much can I get VW Vento 97 model with very cold and chiling factory fitted AC with stereo, green, arch color or wine color, very neat in n out 2be deliver to me in asaba delta state or lagos, hope to hear from U soon ASAP Thanks, my contact, ucever@gmail.com, 08027800243
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by abdulkadir(m): 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
ucever: Gday Siena and fellow nairaland freinds, pls hw much can I get VW Vento 97 model with very cold and chiling factory fitted AC with stereo, green, arch color or wine color, very neat in n out 2be deliver to me in asaba delta state or lagos, hope to hear from U soon ASAP Thanks, my contact, ucever@gmail.com, 08027800243
I think this is d wrong place for this. Check d aoto section or just simply use d search option.
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by baruwainfo: 10:45pm On May 17, 2015
baruwainfo:
let me start with, Audi A4 is different 4rm Tiger face. Tiger face is Audu 1996 Model. Out of experience, It is a very strong car if u go 4 d right specifications. I've used direct Belgium Tiger face 4 close 2 3 yrs now no complaint. D cost was 650K dat was in 2012. Factory AC, 4 plugs and 5 speed manual transmission
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 17, 2015
baruwainfo:
let me start with, Audi A4 is different 4rm Tiger face. Tiger face is Audu 1996 Model. Out of experience, It is a very strong car if u go 4 d right specifications. I've used direct Belgium Tiger face 4 close 2 3 yrs now no complaint. D cost was 650K dat was in 2012. Factory AC, 4 plugs and 5 speed manual transmission

Dude, who are you responding to - yourself??

And 28 months later?
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by aaidel(m): 2:20am On May 18, 2015
Siena:

Dude, who are you responding to - yourself??

And 28 months later?

the dude is just following up with a review of the car at least he enjoyed it
Re: Audi A4 (tiger Face) by dokyOloye: 12:09pm On May 18, 2015
Siena:

These issues manifest themselves, when your Nigerian mechanics get hold of them.

Read reviews on the Volkswagen Jetta / Bora in the US and UK. All these "issues" you've mentioned here are an inherent problem once these cars land in Nigeria. So far, you've made a very vague statement, and said very little about the issues for friend's car had.

A 10-year-old automobile that's been trouble-free all its life, suddenly becomes a money pit with problems that could fill a book the size of the Bible after some rubbish Nigerian mechanic has gotten his hands on it. Are you seeing a pattern forming here? A car is driven into a Nigerian "workshop" for a headlamp not working. Then hours later, the "mechanic" calls the owner to tell him his car needs a new wiring harness, because the car caught fire.

Or a car is driven to a Nigerian workshop due to a misfire, only for the owner to have to arrange to have it towed out, because the "mechanic" decided to bypass all safety systems and the ECU, and the engine will no longer run. LMAO!

The problems are not the automobile themselves, but the moronic chimps who screw them up! High fuel consumption? With the thermostat removed, why won't the engine be thirsty?
As per this issue of thermostat, I noticed some thermostats allow d fan to be on and turning even after d ignition has been turned off.
Does that not have an effect on d battery life?

(1) (Reply)

First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better / Is The Landrover Free Lander A Good Car / How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.