Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? (880 Views)

Django Unchained As A Metaphor For Why Blacks Hate Nigerians. / If 'django' Was 10 Times Shorter and 100 Times More Honest / Moviegoers Tweet Desire To Kill White People After Seeing 'django Unchained' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by BabaAlabi: 1:35am On Jan 22, 2013
What do you guys think about the movie? For me it is one of the best films I have watched this year. The whip marks on the back of the black slaves and the way the slaves were treated was an eye opener. I really felt angry and sad that human beings could do that to their fellow humans. Anyway what's your opinion?

Re: Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by tpia5: 2:57am On Jan 22, 2013
from the trailer i watched, the blacks looked rather modern , as in they seemed very clean, neat and yuppie-ish, not like the image generally associated with blacks from that era.

the name of the heroine, was also unusual- was she supposed to be a slave?

in addition, leonardo di caprio had a striking resemblance to the villain in wild wild west [was it the accent?], why was that.

anyway, will watch the movie sometime.
Re: Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by BedLam: 8:36am On Jan 22, 2013
Every aspect of that movie should be earning an award, imagine a 2hour long piece with so much work. who would'v expected a soundtrack from Rickross and 2pac.....Best movie of the moment.
Re: Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by BabaAlabi: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2013
tpia@:
from the trailer i watched, the blacks looked rather modern , as in they seemed very clean, neat and yuppie-ish, not like the image generally associated with blacks from that era.

the name of the heroine, was also unusual- was she supposed to be a slave?

in addition, leonardo di caprio had a striking resemblance to the villain in wild wild west [was it the accent?], why was that.

anyway, will watch the movie sometime.
That's because the main character was not a slave anymore
Re: Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by BabaAlabi: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2013
BedLam: Every aspect of that movie should be earning an award, imagine a 2hour long piece with so much work. who would'v expected a soundtrack from Rickross and 2pac.....Best movie of the moment.
Honestly...from the beginning to the end I was so hooked...my fave part was when the Dr refused to shake Di Caprio's hand then he shot him in the heart and said 'I am sorry...I couldn't resist'...that guy deserves an oscar.
Re: Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by babyboy3(m): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2013
Actually the movie Django was written with Will Smith in mind to play the leading role
Re: Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by tpia5: 4:26am On Jan 25, 2013
that explains a lot.
Re: Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by VillageBoi(m): 7:48am On Jan 25, 2013
baby-boy:
Actually the movie Django was written with Will Smith in mind to play the leading role

Happens all the time in Hollywood - 2nd or 3rd choice gets the role. I like Will Smith but glad he didn't take it... he's a bit too good-boy-clean. Just the same way I'm happy OJ Simpson or Mel Gibson didn't play the role of 'The Terminator'.
Re: Django Unchained....hit Or Miss? by redcliff: 10:48am On Jan 25, 2013
[size=30pt]BABA NLA HIT[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Amazing New Video....watch And Download / Skin Bleaching In Yorubawood >:( / Pangako Sayo February 12 2016 HD Episode Replay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.