Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,791 members, 7,798,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football (22885 Views)

Senegal Vs Burkina Fasso All African Games Final / Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders / f (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
Kikijan:

Dirty scum like you. Like I said you are a small boy being ignorant of the fact that Ghanaians were in your country to school you half-wits and savages.
We have been doing that for a long time and continue to do so today. may be your father can tell you something.
how stupidd can someone be? why are u making baseless points out of stupidity (oops i forgot only stupid people make baseless points) and am sure stupidity is one of the reasons we deported u ugly mofos in the first place and i thought mingling with Nigerians shoulda thought u mofos one or two lessons ..... ( first, how can a country deport his emigrants becos they are schooling? that stuppid thing to say... go and figure , ur fore fathers are thieves and cobblers ... they even brought 419 to naija... thats why we had to deported u fugly mofos back to gayna) we have many nigerians schooling in gayna just to pay for ur wretched student that couldnt go to school ... why cant u deport them back to nigeria in retaliation

so without derailing this wonderful thread any further... can u tell me any popular gaynian player that has come close to wining afcon player of the year apart from essien .... even liberians can boast of george weah grin grin lol what about gayna
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by TheViper(m): 10:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Akiika: Ah ah ah! what an unintelligent analysis!
So EPL did not affect us when ALMOST half of the squad (Okocha, Kanu, Yobo, Babayero, Okoronkwo, and Yakubu) that won AFCON in 200 playED in EPL?
Follow this siimple rule: THINK before you TYPE, not the other way around!
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
The op the cawie the vexation wen em gf give am ... cawie the post dis kynd tin ... abegy park wella joooor .. maybe cux say u dey watch la liga u wan cawie am defend dem league ... op listen wella, na dis same epl wen beta players like fabregas, van persie, torres, ronaldo, drogba, yaya and koulo toure, oscar, chicharito etc .... buh dem still dey do wella for 'em country ..... why em no affect dia playin' style ... op u no get excuse at all .. come oo,. . e be like say u hate epl wela ?? blame dis upon our players and country cux we no dey focus at all .... al our leaders focus na how to buy private jets and big mansions er'way in dis world ...... blame nff wella ... and den ursef wen spew dis illegal tin for mouth .. because if dem appoint minister of sports u no fit do nada ... mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew ...... co slip jawe
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
TheViper:
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Read am wella !!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by saem(m): 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
The blame game has started again...@op if u are saying this because of the game u watched yesterday, I dare say that the long ball approach was quite spot on.

The beautiful goal emenike scored came from a long ball from the midfield.

For christ sake what's wrong in playing long balls if that can get u a good result.

Foot ball has gone scientific now and any team that can not adapt to different styles can not win nothing.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by neversaynever(m): 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
GOZILLA: make una no worry. This is spain's time to shine. We will see where they will be in the next six years. My broda, if spanish league is the best,why is their national team made up of more than half of barca and R.madrid players? If a league can only boast of two strong teams,what does that tell you about the league?

Answer this question: If as an intelligent student, you find out that you're miles ahead of your peers academically, will you purposely lower your academic standards because people are complaining about the huge gap between you & your peers?

Honest answer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by TheViper(m): 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
JayKayMaybachz:
Read am wella !!

He condemned my analysis as unintelligent, but ends up typing something I can't read. What does this means? 'That won AFCON in 200 played in EPL?'
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Kikijan: 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
how stupidd can someone be? why are u making baseless points out of stupidity (oops i forgot only stupid people make baseless points) and am sure stupidity is one of the reasons we deported u ugly mofos in the first place and i thought mingling with Nigerians shoulda thought u mofos one or two lessons ..... ( first, how can a country deport his emigrants becos they are schooling? that stuppid thing to say... go and figure , ur fore fathers are thieves and cobblers ... they even brought 419 to naija... thats why we had to deported u fugly mofos back to gayna) we have many nigerians schooling in gayna just to pay for ur wretched student that couldnt go to school ... why cant u deport them back to nigeria in retaliation

so without derailing this wonderful thread any further... can u tell me any popular gaynian player that has come close to wining afcon player of the year apart from essien .... even liberians can boast of george weah grin grin lol what about gayna

I've told you, you are either dumb or naive. You want me to educate you about popular Ghanaian players apart from Essien? Stuppid, why should I do such a simple homework for you?
Even the dumbest of the dumbest should be able to figure this out. Use the internet and educate yourself, scumbag.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Obere4u: 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Abeg which club and league is Ik Uche and Brown Ideye playing in?... When none of Nigeria player on the dat day fit hold possession if Mikel no hold the ball.... Make we blame coach and minister allow me fee
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by TheViper(m): 10:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
Obere4u: Abeg which club and league is Ik Uche and Brown Ideye playing in?... When none of Nigeria player on the dat day fit hold possession if Mikel no hold the ball.... Make we blame coach and minister allow me fee

Uche is playing in Villarreal, Spain. While Ideye is playing in FC Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Dee60: 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
They have only just played one match, and they did not lose the match. Why the holla? First matches are usually very tough because of the tension!
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
Kikijan:

I've told you, you are either dumb or naive. You want me to educate you about popular Ghanaian players apart from Essien? Stuppid, why should I do such a simple homework for you?
Even the dumbest of the dumbest should be able to figure this out. Use the internet and educate yourself, scumbag.

heheheheheheheh i have touched this douchebag nerve... please dont kill urself... dealing with gaynian that refuse to learn is my thing .... if u are proud of any player ...why dont u just post his name? and dont gimme pele cos nobody knows or give a damn about him in recent history grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thaoriginator: 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Kikijan:

your name is kiki? Are you from Togo? grin
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
TheViper: Una 2 funny die ehn ... una who come phuck up ??

He condemned my analysis as unintelligent, but ends up typing something I can't read. What does this means? 'That won AFCON in 200 played in EPL?'
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by CohenJane: 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
GOZILLA: Op, ur points are useless. Seriously can you sit down and watch athletic bilboa and hercules play? Spanish league is boring abeg! Or why did u think the whole world comes to a standstill when barca and R.madrid play? Its because those are the teams that matter in that league. Blame the NFF for their inability to package our league not the EPL!

Your thought are incoherent ... you have not made any point
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Rotello(m): 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
I personally don't think we should be blaming the english football,we are the architect of our own failure,the crop of players we have now arent ''world class'' they are under performers in their various clubsides.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Ironi: 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
heheheheheheheh i have touched this douchebag nerve... please dont kill urself... dealing with gaynian that refuse to learn is my thing .... if u are proud of any player ...why dont u just post his name? and dont gimme pele cos nobody knows or give a damn about him in recent history grin grin

As if someone gives a fck about your mediocre players. You keep mentioning recent
history, what the fck are you talking about? What the hell is the time frame here?

So difficult dealing with kids.

Come back when you mature and grow a few more brain cells.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by 1forall: 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
Blame the NFA/NFF/NPL for destroying Nigerian football abeg, no bring outsiders come inside dis matter, abi dem come follow us loot the money ni? If we run our own league properly wouldn't we be better off?

The report below of an NPL audit was released today and as usual it's full cases of embezzlement and corrupt practices of league officials who have destroyed whatever was left of the Nigerian league. Na Premiership cause am abi? Abeg face facts jare.

Here's an excerpt:

"Officials routinely lament that the league is grossly underfunded, but as they do so, they also made it a point to allocate to themselves huge sums of money despite claims of the league’s insolvency, the external audit of the league’s management for year ended June 30, 2012, says..

To hold an annual congress, the NPL’s board solicited and got financial assistance. Critical projects are suspended due to paucity of funds while staff are owed bonuses. Yet officials live large, paying themselves outrageous emoluments and retaining large, expensive apartments in our capital city.

After exhausting the goodwill of the league’s bankers with unresolved loans, the board’s directors went obtaining credit wherever one was available. A huge chunk of the loan are spent on frivolous, unaccountable purposes, the document revealed. Once, the league officials took loans from an unregistered microcredit firm, auditors say, and at another time, they borrowed up up to N5.4 million from an individual under questionable terms.

The audit report’s verdict was damning: As officials hypocritically complained of frustrating shortage of funds to run the league well, they made sure there was more than enough funds to service their lavish lifestyles"

What kind of footballing culture do you think such circumstances will breed? Na premiership fault?

Source: How football officials have been stealing millions from cash-strapped Nigeria Premier League

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by straynt(m): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
How can u say mikel obi has no asist in 6 yrs? Dat preposterous!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by toluene12: 11:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
So EPL did not affect us when ALMOST half of the squad (Okocha, Kanu, Yobo, Babayero, Okoronkwo, and Yakubu) that won AFCON in 200 playED in EPL?
can u explain ur comment? Its obviously unclear
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
straynt: How can u say mikel obi has no asist in 6 yrs? Dat preposterous!
No mind that op wen neva bath for 6 days na ... em cawie em frustrations show here
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 12:04am On Jan 23, 2013
Ironi:

As if someone gives a fck about your mediocre players. You keep mentioning recent
history, what the fck are you talking about? What the hell is the time frame here?

So difficult dealing with kids.

Come back when you mature and grow a few more brain cells.
hehehehehe i love handling douchebags grin grin ..... in the last two decades ... which countries dominated african football? (cameroon and nigeria)
which countries has the highest number of players that won african players of the year in the past 20 years... ( cameroon and nigeria ofcos) ... sometime i wonder why u gaynians no dey shame ....i no blame u, the time we were creating history in modern football u ugly mofos were busy picking pockets on lagos street, selling bad pof pof to Nigerian grin grin... the world has passed u mofos by ... deal with it or live with it tongue tongue fugly scumbag grin grin
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 23, 2013
odumorun 1: Nigerian football is now a joke. Infact it has been so for almost 7 years now. the last time Nigeria put out a decent team, that actually played football was probably 2004.

I have been saying this for the last 5 years, mocked and ridiculed by many - THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS DESTROYING NIGERIAN FOOTBALL.

The style of footbal played in England, based on their culture and climate is alien to us. How many passes did you see that team out there string together. They get the ball to the half way line then hoof it forward Steven gerard style to no one in particular. Thdere was not one player out there who was comfortable in possession, not one who could go one on one with a defender, not one with what used to be an innate ability of the Nigerian player - the ability to control and use, creatively, the ball under pressure. Because all our players now play like Englishmen. All graft and no craft, plenty of pespiration but very little inspiration, a lot of sweat, very little style. No creativity, no invention, no imagination. A creative midfield led by Mikel Obi - a man with not a single assist to his name in almost 6 years at Chelsea. But then his name well known to the African consumers of the premier league (appropriately called by Valdan, poo wrapped in nice packaging) - so good for the advertising boys.

At a time when the possession play of Spain has conquered the world more completely than any other version of the game in history, we are stuck with the stone age variety superbly packaged from England the land of the world's best and most brilliant advertisers, but its worst footbalers.

To see the culture of our football, go to a slum in Lagos and see the level of skill on display. How many long ballls do you see under the bridge, how many kids who can't control a football do you see playing on the street. What we have now is the gentrification of fotball, with many aje butter boys with access to london now securing prominence in the football world over and above many street kids with greater talent.

Nigeria's golden age in football coincided with a time when a connection was made between our street footballers and the national team - in the mid 80's to the mid 90's.

We have now regressed to our colonial football in the 60's to the late 70's, when the national team was dominated by middle class boys from the missionary schools or white collar workers in major establishments klike stationary stores, IICC, Bendel Insurance etc.playing the predictable ponderous football instiled in us by our old English masters. Send the ball to the wing, cross it into the 18 yard box and hope for the best. Good enough to beat the smaller teams but when we ended up against the likes of the Ghana's, guinea's Egypts and Algeria's we got our asess spanked.

Like our newly recolonised econmoy of jobless growth. Our footbal has gone back to the dark ages. I've stopped looking. Sorry to sound chuaavnistic, but the number of fine peperless girls we now see in the stadium looking at Nigerian matches suggests to me that it now is all about owambe - fashion parade - I was there. When a game of the masses becomes a plaything o fthe elite then we need to worry
k.. If i miss any arsenal match, just knw that you don brainwash me with ur post..Mtchewwww.#COYG

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Chigorkizz(m): 12:11am On Jan 23, 2013
I suggest keshi shud use d squad he used against d catalunya.The squad contains mostly of d home base players...they'r strong and energetic.the defenders were able 2 contain d catalunyians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 23, 2013
Unbelievably daft topic/point of view. Assuming that there is indeed a "style" unique to English Football, the sensible thing to ask yourself is that : Is there a difference between "English football" and the Premier League? How many English players are in the top 4 clubs in the Premiership? How many English players are among the star players/top performers that make the Premiership so highly rated? To what extent, then, can English football be tantamount to Premier League football?

In any case, how many players in the present Nigerian team in the Nations Cup ply their trade in the Premier League? On what grounds, then, can anyone make such a sweeping claim as "The Premier League has destroyed our Football"? How, tori Olorun? ? ?

Yet another daft thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by ballabriggs: 12:39am On Jan 23, 2013
How many EPL players do you have in that your national team? Mikel and Victor Moses, e done finish. Who again? On the other hand Ivory Coast has, Kolo, Yaya, Gervinho, Arouna Kone, Bamba was with Leicester city, Cheikh Tiote.

So how EPL take destroy una life. Grow your game, invest in education, sports grows through a sound education system. You are not investing but you want to reap. Una dey chop una money and you blame the EPL, how convenient.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by OmoTier1(m): 12:39am On Jan 23, 2013
You really do not know football history, some of you just spew rubbish without thinking through what you are typing. Kanu in His days was a skilful dribbler, same with Okocha. Either of them were not EPL brand as at the time we won in 1994, and in 2000, Kanu just about joined Arsenal, and Okocha was a PSG firebrand, dazzling with skills with the likes of Balakov. In fact they brought to EPL dazzling skills and today they are both still remembered for their skills and the manner of goals they scored in EPL. To them, playing football means you dribble your opponent on the pitch and not the police ball you see our players play these day which is a prime feature in the EPL.

The op is spot on His analysis. The fact remains that even here in England, they are seriously concerned with their 'ballon the ball' premiership football ancho badly it has affected the national team.

Watching Nigeria play Burkina Faso left me wondering especially in the second half what happened to our edge cutting dribbling and cross diagonal football Anyone who thinks the EPL kind of football is not affecting not just Nigeria players but most Africa teams is deluding His/her self.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Ironi: 1:13am On Jan 23, 2013
Red-Light:
hehehehehe i love handling douchebags grin grin ..... in the last two decades ... which countries dominated african football? (cameroon and nigeria)
which countries has the highest number of players that won african players of the year in the past 20 years... ( cameroon and nigeria ofcos) ... sometime i wonder why u gaynians no dey shame ....i no blame u, the time we were creating history in modern football u ugly mofos were busy picking pockets on lagos street, selling bad pof pof to Nigerian grin grin... the world has passed u mofos by ... deal with it or live with it tongue tongue fugly scumbag grin grin

Oh yeah, you dominated African soccer? How many African titles did you win?

You think calling shiit eba makes it eba?

Keep dreaming and holding a false notion about youself, delusional idiiot.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 1:21am On Jan 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Watching Nigeria play Burkina Faso left me wondering especially in the second half what happened to our edge cutting dribbling and cross diagonal football Anyone who thinks the EPL kind of football is not affecting not just Nigeria players but most Africa teams is deluding His/her self.

the op is talking rubbish and i am amazed you are kowtowing his rubbish! the premier league has actually improved the way we watch football and this is why you can even find flaws in the way the super eagles played. there's nothing ugly in direct football - why take 50 touches when 5 can do?

you are berating english football and yet there's hardly any champions league final an english club did not feature in the last 8 yrs - the last edition of the competition was won by an english team - which makes me wonder? are you talking sense or the op is spewing drivel? one thing is for sure - the 2 of you must be high on khat!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:30am On Jan 23, 2013

It is not the Epl killing our football but corruption. As long as the NFF members keep on selecting players by Man Know Man and bribing skills, we can't boast of a talented squad.

Remember Yemi Tela's team with Ibrahim Rabiu in the midfield and Alfa Yakubu and Haruna in midfield. We played fantastic football and beat Toni Kroos Germany 4-0.

The second problem is Jose Mourinho, that is why I feel sad when he wins with his dark art football. As long as Mourinho won, many coaches lost their footballing sense. At the last World Cup, only SPain and Germany came with a creative team. Even Brazil coached by Dunga came with what he described as warriors.

If we can sanitize the NFF and bring in a brilliant coach that likes creative play,

The coach scouts and find real skilful players that fits his pattern. Then the coach grooms them to his pattern, we will be back because this country is really talented in football.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by davidmonye(m): 1:40am On Jan 23, 2013
this doesnt change d price of jersey in market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles At ISTAF 2022 Berlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.