Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath (4334 Views)

10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know / 10 Ways To Spot Womanizers In The Church / 15 Characteristics Of A Psychopath. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 4:27am On Jan 22, 2013
1) You believe that your religion makes you good. (rather than the individual actions or behaviour)

2) You believe that others who dont believe in your god/religion are automatically evil

3) You believe that your religion is more important than others and should be the ultimate law in the country

4) You believe that your religion comes before humanity. It is okay to kill or die for religion

5) You believe that people should be arrested or killed for mocking your religion

6) You believe that people will suffer in the afterlife, no matter how good they are for not following your religion

7) You believe that it is possible for your religion to dictate every single aspect of one's life

cool You do not want to have friends who do not follow your religion

9) You are willing to kick your teenage children out of the house for not following your religion

10) You are willing to kill a child for not following your religion. Honour killing.

Written by logicboy cheesy

Do you have any of the following symptoms?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by braine(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2013
I think we all know the religion whose believers are like these. People who have any of these should be completely isolated.
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by cyrexx: 6:22am On Jan 22, 2013
braine: I think we all know the religion whose believers are like these. People who have any of these should be completely isolated.

1 Like

Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 22, 2013
braine: I think we all know the religion whose believers are like these. People who have any of these should be completely isolated.

Ehem.....some people with these symptoms are actually in power and havent been diagnosed
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by braine(m): 6:32am On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ehem.....some people with these symptoms are actually in power and havent been diagnosed

Yeah there are, but they try as much as possible to keep their shii on a lowkey.
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 22, 2013
braine:

Yeah there are, but they try as much as possible to keep their shii on a lowkey.

Dont be naive
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by F00028: 9:34am On Jan 22, 2013
1,2,3,7,8 remind me of dawkins smiley
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by ea7(m): 9:45am On Jan 22, 2013
Are you by any chance referring to Islam?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by F00028: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2013
no. 5 reminds of about 52 mass murdering atheist dictators.
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 22, 2013
F00028: 1,2,3,7,8 remind me of dawkins smiley

Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2013
ea7: Are you by any chance referring to Islam?

Nope.....talking across religions
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Bella3(f): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Nope.....talking across religions
i hope you realise YOU are guilty of 1,2 and 3?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by jayriginal: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
I'm not sure about numbers 6 and number 8.

They seem harmless to me. Whatever fantasies one has of my impending torment in the "afterlife" doesnt affect me and no be by force to befriend person.

So theres that.
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by jayriginal: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: i hope you realise YOU are guilty of 1,2 and 3?

You're kidding right ?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: i hope you realise YOU are guilty of 1,2 and 3?

I dont have a religion neither do I have a god.
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
jayriginal: I'm not sure about numbers 6 and number 8.

They seem harmless to me. Whatever fantasies one has of my impending torment in the "afterlife" doesnt affect me and no be by force to befriend person.

So theres that.

Wrong.

6) Many people will forcefully try to convert or dicsriminate on others because they think that these others are destined to burn forever in the afterlife. Furthermore, only a psychopath will honestly believe that everlasting suffering is indeed a wise/just punishment for not following a religion.

cool Discrimination based on religion is acceptable to you? Every religion is minority in global terms. How can someone choose friends based on the criteria of religion alone? Would you then believe that a murdering religious person is better than a good non religious person?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Bella3(f): 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont have a religion neither do I have a god.

Atheism is a religion! Just say its nt an organised religionsmiley
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Bella3(f): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
jayriginal:

You're kidding right ?
i stopped kidding in primary school.cool
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: Atheism is a religion! Just say its nt an organised religionsmiley

Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by onetrack(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2013

My favorite TV channel is 'off'. My favorite sport is 'not playing football'.
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by onetrack(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03: 1) You believe that your religion makes you good. (rather than the individual actions or behaviour)

2) You believe that others who dont believe in your god/religion are automatically evil

3) You believe that your religion is more important than others and should be the ultimate law in the country

4) You believe that your religion comes before humanity. It is okay to kill or die for religion

5) You believe that people should be arrested or killed for mocking your religion

6) You believe that people will suffer in the afterlife, no matter how good they are for not following your religion

7) You believe that it is possible for your religion to dictate every single aspect of one's life

cool You do not want to have friends who do not follow your religion

9) You are willing to kick your teenage children out of the house for not following your religion

10) You are willing to kill a child for not following your religion. Honour killing.

Written by logicboy cheesy

Do you have any of the following symptoms?

11) You believe that everything bad that happens to you and your people is just God testing your faith, while anything bad that happens to people of other religions is God's punishment.

3 Likes

Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
onetrack:

11) You believe that everything bad that happens to you and your people is just God testing your faith, while anything bad that happens to people of other religions is God's punishment.

haha.....good one! I didnt know how I missed that!
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by mazaje(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
onetrack:

Funny but true. . .
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by jayriginal: 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
Wrong.

6) Many people will forcefully try to convert or dicsriminate on others because they think that these others are destined to burn forever in the afterlife. Furthermore, only a psychopath will honestly believe that everlasting suffering is indeed a wise/just punishment for not following a religion.

Thats going further than what is stated in 6. Maybe you need to rephrase it. Mind you, I have not stated that "everlasting suffering is indeed a wise/just punishment for not following a religion".

Discrimination based on religion is acceptable to you? Every religion is minority in global terms. How can someone choose friends based on the criteria of religion alone? Would you then believe that a murdering religious person is better than a good non religious person?

Dont put words in my mouth. There are a lot of people I am not friends with. That does not mean that I discriminate against them.
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
jayriginal:

Thats going further than what is stated in 6. Maybe you need to rephrase it. Mind you, I have not stated that "everlasting suffering is indeed a wise/just punishment for not following a religion".

You started it by understating number 6. Dont lecture me, please.

How i number 6 not psychopathic? Good people will suffer for being in the wrong religion?

jayriginal:

Dont put words in my mouth. There are a lot of people I am not friends with. That does not mean that I discriminate against them.

Yawn....Do you base your decision solely on religion?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by plaetton: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013

Religion is about the belief in god or gods.

What is the central theme of atheism?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Bella3(f): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
plaetton:

you are very wrong.
Religion has different meanings. Another meaning of religion is 'a particular interest of influence that is important in your life.'
Am sure your none belief in the existance of God is important to you. Atleast according to you, it has 'freed' your mind?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by cyrexx: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
@OP

(12). A person no longer believes in your god, he then runs into problem (like logicboy comedy thread about being broke) and instead of helping the person; you said something like "you brought this on yourself thru your unbelief in my god, so you deserve what you are getting now"

1 Like

Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
cyrexx: @OP

(12). A person no longer believes in your god, he then runs into problem (like logicboy comedy thread about being broke) and instead of helping the person; you said something like "you brought this on yourself thru your unbelief in my god, so you deserve what you are getting now"

Haha.....God curses the unbeliever. grin grin grin grin

Unfortunately, many christian/muslims in Nigeria are suffering from poverty.
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by plaetton: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: you are very wrong.
Religion has different meanings. Another meaning of religion is 'a particular interest of influence that is important in your life.'
Am sure your none belief in the existance of God is important to you. Atleast according to you, it has 'freed' your mind?

Another day of comedy on NL.

Pls , from which dictionary did you get this ?

Quoting Bill Mahar "Is the abstinence of intimacy ,a .se.xual position"?
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by F00028: 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
plaetton:

well like she said, it's unorganized. undecided
Re: 10 ways how To Know If You Are A Religious Psychopath by cyrexx: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
plaetton:

Another day of comedy on NL.

Pls , from which dictionary did you get this ?

Quoting Bill Mahar "Is the abstinence of intimacy ,a .se.xual position"?

you know, i sometimes wonder..

If ignorance is bliss.
And religion rewards its adherents with eternal bliss.
Does it not mean that religion is synonymous with eternal ignorance?

just wondering....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share your Repentance Prayer Here / Heaven Or Hell; Where Would U Go? / The Truth About Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.