Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. (9429 Views)

Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands / My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways / Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by profGinger: 7:35am On Jan 22, 2013
I am really angry base on the way wakanow nigeria ltd undersevice I booked a flight for me and my sister after paying later discovered that the flight wasnot on qatar airways flight schedule.also am suggesting that their customer service staff need better training in other to handle their customers demand.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by samally: 10:06am On Jan 22, 2013
profGinger: I am really angry base on the way wakanow nigeria ltd undersevice I booked a flight for me and my sister after paying later discovered that the flight wasnot on qatar airways flight schedule.also am suggesting that their customer service staff need better training in other to handle their customers demand.

Guy wait!!! Did you gave them your preferable airline or ?
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by maxtum(m): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2013
Wakanow service has dropped and so, most customers like myself have moved on!!

Do they still exist? there customer service is zero as in capital "ZERO"!! So bro...just move on!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by samally: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
maxtum: Wakanow service has dropped and so, most customers like myself have moved on!!

Do they still exist? there customer service is zero as in capital "ZERO"!! So bro...just move on!!

well I don't about you guyd experience...but I receive world class customer service from them recently
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by maxtum(m): 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
samally:

well I don't about you guyd experience...but I receive world class customer service from them recently

i can virtually give you names of there agents and there flimsy excuses failed services render! and for your info....i did pay for there nasty mistake! and not forgetting there 10% service charge on a cancelled hotel reservation made before 72 hrs!

When you hear WAKANOW! its means WAKARUN!!!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by DivaC: 8:29am On Jan 29, 2013
I used Wakanow last year to Dubai o and their customer service was excellent. They helped me get my visa in record time and also called me to remind me about my flight before takeoff. They even empathised with me when I couldn't get good transit time on Rwand. Even when you send them Facebook or Twitter messages, their response is always very prompt!

Now I want to waka again with wakanow oooo

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by joxiri: 8:35am On Jan 29, 2013
Abt to purchase a ticket frm wakanow online I hope the airline wnt be different from advertised, they are slightly cheaper than opodo
Hope I wnt use opodo jeje, I cnt afford to part ways with my cash oh
Pls is their online booking website secure and reliable enough to purchase from
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by chinniegirl: 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
ProfGinger, abeg wait a minute o, did you say the airline you got was different from what you booked? That’s rather unbelievable o! I suppose you were given a booking confirmation when you paid? i have used Wakanow before and they always give me an invoice and confirmation and all of that. Dem no give you? Bros talk true! Abi you are one of those Africans that shy away from reading? You suppose don read your ticket before travel na! Abeg take note in case of next time shaa.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Temeric: 3:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
What a child's play... going through these trail of stories i can see clearly that the stories are doctored. my wife and i are great fans of Wakanow. i can say this with great confidence that Wakanow is an epitome of Good Customer Service, all my friends who decided to use Wakanow just because of my testimonies still say it till date that they cannot make any trip without using Wakanow. They handled my Visa, Hotels, Airport Pickup and Tour as well as my flight and it was excellent.

No matter the cooked lies, i will never stop using Wakanow for my trips because no other travel Agency can give me the best like Wakanow does.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by profGinger: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
I started travelling many years ago and I am not an agent but a civil servant.I booked wakanow to cyprus and the booking was confirmed by one of their agent via qatar highways to my greatest dismay after budgeting my expenses I was told the booking was cancelled after making my deposit via zenith bank.my grievance is the way I was underservice by the customer service.the slow response to mails.a lot.am not trying to tarnish their corporate image.but I know some one in this forum may know them one on one.tell them to live up to customer expectation.

2 Likes

Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by maxtum(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
Now i smell.."PR agency" coming into this thread to justify the unprofessional attitude on service rendered to clients!!

Guys, am a frequent traveller and trust me when i say WAKANOW service is crap!!! They made me join Virgin Flyer club cuz they were about to make me run lipsrsealed!!!

The charge you for hotel reservations and when you decided to change due to un foreseen issues they charge you 20 percent!!

Wakanow is crap!! whoever cares to listen!!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by samally: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
maxtum: Now i smell.."PR agency" coming into this thread to justify the unprofessional attitude on service rendered to clients!!

Guys, am a frequent traveller and trust me when i say WAKANOW service is crap!!! They made me join Virgin Flyer club cuz they were about to make me run lipsrsealed!!!

The charge you for hotel reservations and when you decided to change due to un foreseen issues they charge you 20 percent!!

Wakanow is crap!! whoever cares to listen!!!

Guy am suprise Oooo........They help me to get my Uk visa in record time just yesterday...So Guy I think you did not review there terms and condition very well....

Minds you this is my third time of traveling and all they help me with is visa and the service is world class...
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by profGinger: 2:03am On Jan 31, 2013
The problem with with Nigerians is that they are too sentimental.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by maxtum(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2013
samally:

Guy am suprise Oooo........They help me to get my Uk visa in record time just yesterday...So Guy I think you did not review there terms and condition very well....

Minds you this is my third time of traveling and all they help me with is visa and the service is world class...

Just passing by and asking at the same time......Do they now offer Visa services? lol!

Wakarun! una no go kill moi ooooo!!!!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by samally: 10:47am On Jan 31, 2013
maxtum:

Just passing by and asking at the same time......Do they now offer Visa services? lol!

Wakarun! una no go kill moi ooooo!!!!!

They do......Check there website....
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by mujeebt99: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
Wakanow is pure 419ers. They quote their fake prices on their website. After booking and making payment into their bank account, they call and notify you that u have to pay more money, that the ticket fare has gone up. When u compare the money to what is on the airline site, u discover it is a total lie. Imagine their fake PNR number could expire less than 1 hour after booking on their site; when you can genuily hold a PNR of klm,ba,delta,emirate,etc for atleast between 48 hours to 72 hours. These wakanow.com cheated me and I believe they will dearly pay for it. "4dzlec" that s was their fake PNR. I know their might have agent, worker/staff on NL because I can read comments on some people trying to speak good of you. for where NA LIE. investigate on my CASE via your fake PNR u gave me. WAKANOW NA MODERN ONLINE THIEF OOOO.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by maxtum(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
mujeebt99: Wakanow is pure 419ers. They quote their fake prices on their website. After booking and making payment into their bank account, they call and notify you that u have to pay more money, that the ticket fare has gone up. When u compare the money to what is on the airline site, u discover it is a total lie. Imagine their fake PNR number could expire less than 1 hour after booking on their site; when you can genuily hold a PNR of klm,ba,delta,emirate,etc for atleast between 48 hours to 72 hours. These wakanow.com cheated me and I believe they will dearly pay for it. "4dzlec" that s was their fake PNR. I know their might have agent, worker/staff on NL because I can read comments on some people trying to speak good of you. for where NA LIE. investigate on my CASE via your fake PNR u gave me. WAKANOW NA MODERN ONLINE THIEF OOOO.

@ Mujeebt99.....Did you read my posts and replies before you were nailed on the head by them!!!! Now who wants to defend Wakanow!!!

Sorry bro!! Move on!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Robertnnaemeka(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
I am intending to use Wakanow to book a flight to San Francisco. Hope I won't get my fingers burnt. Guys do you know any better alternative?
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by MsSantaClaus(f): 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Robertnnaemeka: I am intending to use Wakanow to book a flight to San Francisco. Hope I won't get my fingers burnt. Guys do you know any better alternative?

First text I received this morning was from Wakanow, reminding me about my flight and advising me to go to the airport early for check in. What more do you guys want them to do? They are doing well, there is room for improvement of course, but I give them on a scale of ten, eight and a half. No problem so far.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Angeljay(f): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
First of all I'd like to say that given the fact that this is the first time we have an agency that is aspiring to be world class in Nigeria, we should give kudos to the founder of Wakanow for the initiative. I must say that some of us who are fast in condemning this achievement have very personal reasons.... If you are a competitor to Wakanow on this thread, let me plead with you to find other means to achieve market leadership than painting your competitors black, if possible learn one or two things from them and avoid their mistakes, that way you'll achieve your goals.

Secondly Wakanow, I honestly admire your initiative but I won’t say I am thrilled. I expected you to take advantage of Nigeria's notoriety for poor services, in order to achieve market leadership. Truthfully, I have never used your services but my reason for being on this thread is because I am trying to. I must say that I am quite reluctant because I am presently finding it difficult to reach your phone lines in order to confirm the validity of my bookings, before I proceed to pay. I also noticed that you do not truly have 24hrs customer service because yesterday evening, I was first in line for more than 30mins and had to hang up after wasting so much airtime. In addition to some complaints on this thread that seems genuine, I have therefore concluded that your biggest problem is Customer Service and I don't think you'll get it right if your Customer service department do not sit up.

If you incur debts for your customers by not responding to their request to change travel dates or attending to their bookings and payments ASAP, you are giving people more reasons not to patronize travel agents. In my many travels, I have noticed that the reason why some airlines or travel agencies are better than others is just because of the efficiency of their customer service... Nobody wants stories on a journey, nobody wants to spend above their budget on travel, unless it brings fulfillment. Even when there are issues every passenger wants to know that someone is on their case and is doing everything to the best interest of the passenger. For instance, even though I've had some unfortunate experiences with Emirates, I still prefer to fly them instead of their competitors. Why? Because anytime I call Emirates office, especially their headquarters customer service line in Dubai, I repeat anytime and without waste of time, they answer and they do something about my case. Even if I don't get a favorable result, that speed of response gives me the assurance that I matter.

Wakanow, if you want to get it right re-orientate your customer service on the potential of every customer at least that’s what IATA customer service program teaches. May be you should make those IATA courses a bases for employment and look for ways to ensure staff compliance. If you are having problems with your present phone company, change them or use several (at least that’s what works in Nija - to be truly mobile you must have MTN, airtel, GLO... God help us). Travel agency requires 24hrs prompt and efficient services... Ogas at the top, don't be bureaucratic, monitor your frontline staff and ensure they are doing things right if you want to make a difference in this tough industry (travel and tourism industry is not for the faint hearted).

Finally, for those on this thread, lets appreciate Nija content... and a word of advice to other travel and tours agencies, Nigeria is big enough for all, in fact you haven't taken advantage of half of the potentials of this populous nation, instead of wasting time trying to rubbish your competitors, work harder, be innovative and take advantage of the big market, maybe someday you could become a world class like those in the developed nation. If you keep saying awful things about your competitors you will lose potential clients to airlines.

So can you stop competing and give travelers reasonable information about using Wakanow.

3 Likes

Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by fittty(m): 2:19am On Aug 14, 2013
Angeljay: First of all I'd like to say that given the fact that this is the first time we have an agency that is aspiring to be world class in Nigeria, we should give kudos to the founder of Wakanow for the initiative. I must say that some of us who are fast in condemning this achievement have very personal reasons.... If you are a competitor to Wakanow on this thread, let me plead with you to find other means to achieve market leadership than painting your competitors black, if possible learn one or two things from them and avoid their mistakes, that way you'll achieve your goals.

Secondly Wakanow, I honestly admire your initiative but I won’t say I am thrilled. I expected you to take advantage of Nigeria's notoriety for poor services, in order to achieve market leadership. Truthfully, I have never used your services but my reason for being on this thread is because I am trying to. I must say that I am quite reluctant because I am presently finding it difficult to reach your phone lines in order to confirm the validity of my bookings, before I proceed to pay. I also noticed that you do not truly have 24hrs customer service because yesterday evening, I was first in line for more than 30mins and had to hang up after wasting so much airtime. In addition to some complaints on this thread that seems genuine, I have therefore concluded that your biggest problem is Customer Service and I don't think you'll get it right if your Customer service department do not sit up.

If you incur debts for your customers by not responding to their request to change travel dates or attending to their bookings and payments ASAP, you are giving people more reasons not to patronize travel agents. In my many travels, I have noticed that the reason why some airlines or travel agencies are better than others is just because of the efficiency of their customer service... Nobody wants stories on a journey, nobody wants to spend above their budget on travel, unless it brings fulfillment. Even when there are issues every passenger wants to know that someone is on their case and is doing everything to the best interest of the passenger. For instance, even though I've had some unfortunate experiences with Emirates, I still prefer to fly them instead of their competitors. Why? Because anytime I call Emirates office, especially their headquarters customer service line in Dubai, I repeat anytime and without waste of time, they answer and they do something about my case. Even if I don't get a favorable result, that speed of response gives me the assurance that I matter.

Wakanow, if you want to get it right re-orientate your customer service on the potential of every customer at least that’s what IATA customer service program teaches. May be you should make those IATA courses a bases for employment and look for ways to ensure staff compliance. If you are having problems with your present phone company, change them or use several (at least that’s what works in Nija - to be truly mobile you must have MTN, airtel, GLO... God help us). Travel agency requires 24hrs prompt and efficient services... Ogas at the top, don't be bureaucratic, monitor your frontline staff and ensure they are doing things right if you want to make a difference in this tough industry (travel and tourism industry is not for the faint hearted).

Finally, for those on this thread, lets appreciate Nija content... and a word of advice to other travel and tours agencies, Nigeria is big enough for all, in fact you haven't taken advantage of half of the potentials of this populous nation, instead of wasting time trying to rubbish your competitors, work harder, be innovative and take advantage of the big market, maybe someday you could become a world class like those in the developed nation. If you keep saying awful things about your competitors you will lose potential clients to airlines.

So can you stop competing and give travelers reasonable information about using Wakanow.

I totally agree with you. Wakanow needs to work on their customer service. After making a booking they call you to speed you up to make your payment and after the payment is made you'll be the one calling and staying long on the phone. Don't you guys get alerts when you receive bank deposits with pnr? And why on earth does it take forever for them to reply emails?

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by fittty(m): 2:26am On Aug 14, 2013
@nellspice

And what about customers who make bank deposits? You go mute, I repeat totally mute after payments and you let your customers do the frequent callings after payment. You need to upgrade your customer service. Its very poor!!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by justwise(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2013
@nellspice

You can't use this opportunity to promote your company, you left all the allegations made here and went ahead to write about your company's achievements. Reply those allegations.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by nellspice(f): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
Dear Justwise, Fitty and all,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our notice. With the autoticketing feature, most of these issues have now been resolved. However, we are working very hard to ensure that we constantly deliver the same seamless, above-board service you have come to know and trust us for.

Thank you.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by flynbird(f): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
JUST WISE PLEASE HELP!!! Is wakanow.com scam? I paid for a flight on monday and called them. They said they were going to contact me but till today I have had no call from them. Does it take them this long to respond or are they scam?
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by SirP1: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
flynbird: JUST WISE PLEASE HELP!!! Is wakanow.com scam? I paid for a flight on monday and called them. They said they were going to contact me but till today I have had no call from them. Does it take them this long to respond or are they scam?

I know you directed this to justwise but I just wanna contribute , I don't think they are because members of nl claimed to have used them before . Now regarding your reservation , I'm not sure how waka now operates but normally when you book , there is a booking reference no , when you enter this no and usually your surname on the airlines website you can see the booking , bookings expire in 48 - 72 hours so if you have the booking code from when you booked and try to enter it on the airlines website you should be able to see the status of the booking .. This may not work though if waka now has their own booking code they give seperate from the airline's . My two cents .. What airline is it btw ?
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by flynbird(f): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2013
Sir P!:

I know you directed this to justwise but I just wanna contribute , I don't think they are because members of nl claimed to have used them before . Now regarding your reservation , I'm not sure how waka now operates but normally when you book , there is a booking reference no , when you enter this no and usually your surname on the airlines website you can see the booking , bookings expire in 48 - 72 hours so if you have the booking code from when you booked and try to enter it on the airlines website you should be able to see the status of the booking .. This may not work though if waka now has their own booking code they give seperate from the airline's . My two cents .. What airline is it btw ?
I booked emirates on wakanow.com. I've been calling and emailing but all they say is they will contact me. I made the booking and paid on monday. Yet no response from them. They said they will email me an e-ticket but nothing yet from them. This is giving me sleepless nights as my travel date is fast approaching. Please has anyone ever experienced such before?
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Godson201333(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2013
flynbird:
I booked emirates on wakanow.com. I've been calling and emailing but all they say is they will contact me. I made the booking and paid on monday. Yet no response from them. They said they will email me an e-ticket but nothing yet from them. This is giving me sleepless nights as my travel date is fast approaching. Please has anyone ever experienced such before?

Wakanow was once a very good company when they started but now i do not trust them anymore and i do not do transactions with them.I buy my tickets with airline directly.If you are in Lagos just locate their office its on the road to elegushi beach.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by flynbird(f): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2013
Godson201333:

Wakanow was once a very good company when they started but now i do not trust them anymore and i do not do transactions with them.I buy my tickets with airline directly.If you are in Lagos just locate their office its on the road to elegushi beach.
That's what I'll do. I'm in Ibadan but I'll travel to lagos soon. I just want to know from anyone who has ever used their service before if it takes them this long to respond.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Can I Get Philippine Visa? / Ask Any Questions About China, Taiwan , Hongkong Etc / One Dies In Lagos Tanker Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.