Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

What Happened To ''what I Want To Be In Future'' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Happened To ''what I Want To Be In Future'' (669 Views)

FUTA Student Who Was Reported Missing Found. See What Happened. Photos / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University / What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To ''what I Want To Be In Future'' by Diamondwriter(m): 8:14am On Jan 22, 2013
Like seriously,what happened to 'what i want to be in future?' i really had to ask this.I remember when we were much younger.we use to have this narc for saying stuffs like 'i want to be a doctor,an engineer,a lawyer,a footballer,and so on..only to grow and change completely.Just some minutes before i wrote this,someone asked the question in quote ''pls i want to know if literature is a compulsory subject if i am to study mass comm.i want to knw before i fill my jamb form'' and i laughed...By indications,if literature is a compulsory subject,he might change options(i.e go for a different course) and that's what got me asking, what about what he wanted to be?
Rough statistics would tell you that in Nigeria,just about 25% actually end up becoming what they truelly want to be.If so,what then is the point of career talk?i believe d better approach would be to develop a child's knowledge <versatilly> dunno what you think though

(1) (Reply)

Private Tutors Needed In Magodo Phase 1 Area Lagos / Michael Okpara University Of Agr. Post Ume Updates / ASUP Suspends Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.