Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Did The Fg's First Class Scholarship Did Not Include Arts? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Did The Fg's First Class Scholarship Did Not Include Arts? (748 Views)

Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad / 10 Students You Should Not Sit With If You Did Not Read For An Exam / Letters To The FG & ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Fg's First Class Scholarship Did Not Include Arts? by OliverBrain(m): 9:30am On Jan 22, 2013
Dear Nairalanders, the Federal Government
sometimes announced to select the best
products of the nation’s
universities in science,
engineering and
economics; for
postgraduate training in
the world’s top 25
universities. Truthfully, I have seen the FG strive to fufill this promise, but along side, something seems not right: the Federal Governmen specifally choose only First Class graduates in Science, Engineering and Economics excluding the Art and social sciences (except his inclusive of Economics). At first, I try to digest this but as times goes by, I begin to wonder what the FG is trying to divulge with this exclusion. If the FG's plan is to boost pools of brain that will sustaing the country's transformation, does he mean that the Arts and Social sciences does or cannot sustain the country's transformation? As Jonathan stresses that his plan is to strengthen the Nigerian Universities with qualified and 'egghead' schorlars, those he means that the Arts does not need such exposition? Or the Arts and other Social Science courses cannot give him the 'efficaciousness' his administration solemnly deserve? If my insticts are right, I would call this an assault to the Nigeria education system and to Art in general, but I won't quickly jump into conclusion, I'll be waiting for your contributions, perhaps maybe there is a reason he gave which I did not know of, but if there isn't any such, the FG owns us "effluent of reasons" why we should be carved out among the scholars. Owoade Adewale
Re: Why Did The Fg's First Class Scholarship Did Not Include Arts? by flowales(m): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
But ask your self, to have first class in any Art and Humanities course is always difficult because things are not constant here. The school I graduated have has more than 10 sets now in the faculty of art, No first class student yet.
Re: Why Did The Fg's First Class Scholarship Did Not Include Arts? by OliverBrain(m): 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
flowales: But ask your self, to have first class in any Art and Humanities course is always difficult because things are not constant here. The school I graduated have has more than 10 sets now in the faculty of art, No first class student yet.
That I think should be a reason why FG should recognize the Art student and compesate those who have first class among knowing the high odds of geting it in such a Faculty. The fact that your University as not produce a First Class graduate in Arts does not mean other Universities don't have first Class graduates. I don't think that's enough reason for FG to elide the Arts and Humanities existence.
Re: Why Did The Fg's First Class Scholarship Did Not Include Arts? by Sammiejo: 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
The FG is apparently concerned with areas where there is a gap in application in our society. We have a lot of good/top performers in the Arts and Humanities, bur we have A lot of ground to cover in terms of real application of sciences and engineering in our economy. As good as our engineers and scientists, only a few of them can perform at the level obtained in the West, perhaps that's why the Arts and Humanities are seemingly neglected. This is a personal opinion.
Re: Why Did The Fg's First Class Scholarship Did Not Include Arts? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
only few pple realize art studies is not what most think it is..it aint simple @ all...looking frm d o'level view..u find most studnt with A1 nd Bs in chemistry nd physics..only a few can make such in art class... Art is nt stagnant is solution like other deprtmnt...ur correction view of answer maybe absoulutly wrong to d maker! I think we need to be heard!

(1) (Reply)

His Credentials Got Burnt In A Fire Incident. / JAMB Centers Filled Up / University Uyo Matriculate 5,984 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.