Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] (34389 Views)

VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) / Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by IleIfe2(m): 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: Fashola should have dressed in something more professional
His outfit looks out of place at this meeting
They will think he was still in his pajamas
Doesn't he have a nice blazer with regular pants?
There is a time and place for certain outfits,he needs to learn that and adjust.

Lo fi ori Lugi. Were omo elewedu.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
This crossing leg thing is a culture clash. In Arab cultures e.g . it is considered rude to show the soles of the feet. I find in meetings that a lot of westerners of all colors,li
ke crossing their legs. Personally I dislike it and I suspect many Nigerians do too.It is one of those "local etiquette" rules that we should not be ashamed of. I suspect it is a practice westerners developed based on (technology) i.e their straight back seats.We have tended like other Eastern cultures to sit on Mats,cushions etc at a much lower level and would not even feel comfortable sitting cross-legged like many Westerners do.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+15375

http://www.dba-oracle.com/consultant_religon_culture_guidelines.htm

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CultureShock
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by maninmood(m): 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
oohrhii..fx:
$7.5 billion and e wear colour riot.. whereby naija boys wey no even worth 1 million naira go dey dress like say na bill gate b their father.
God save nigeria and our show off mentallity

It is quite saddening that all you could spot in this great piece was 'colour riot'. Do you even know anything about fashion? Must he wear matching clothes? Look up monochromatic, complimentary, triadic colours online. As long as I am concerned the shoe brings out the trouser colour though it is monochromatic, and on the upper body, white vs black is a complementary colour with blue tie serving as a bridge between the two. Again, what do you know about fashion?

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
dick hardener: sweetheart, fashola isn't a fashionista, but a character of exceptional managerial finesse. His priorities are clearly spelt out, his fashion appeal apparently not topping the hierarchical list of prevailing issues.

There is nothing fashionista about wearing trousers ,a shirt and a blazer or jacket like the other two black men around him who are also Yoruba
He is not dressed appropriately
Period

That is why you folks go to jobs and get turned down and wonder why
You will be doing tribal pride and wear agbada to a bank interview abi?
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by TableLeg(m): 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:
There is nothing fashionista about wearing trousers ,a shirt and a blazer or jacket like the other two black men around him who are also Yoruba
Period
Give it a fu....cking rest woman or take your grievances to the Lagos state secretariat and complain!
Jheeeeze

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by alamkah: 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
pictures: Eric Schmidt Worth about 7.5 billion dollars.
still not upto Dangote
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by lafuria1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
even the devil will be shocked at the level of hate some so called human beings have in their head. tufiakwa! SMH

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
Akporugo247:
a
Abeg come here make i knack u akpako

Knack yourself akpako..See your head like Akpos own shocked
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Akainzo(m): 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis:

My prayer this year was not for me but for Nigerians like you that cant understand the difference between slavery/colonial mentality and patriotism so I am S(ing)MH @ u ,your governor and your president.Yes I am a 4th class citizen and I am enjoying light 24hrs ,water 24 hrs ,cheap food ,easily affordable housing ,cars ,nice friends with rich mind set and most especially clean unpolluted air.If I am a 4th class citizen and enjoying all these ,i look forward to the day i will be 3rd class ,then 2nd class citizen ,then first class citizen.I wonder what I will be enjoying then
SO what do you as a first class citizen of my former country enjoy?

The housemaid in a typical rich man's house in Nigeria enjoys all this things you listed above (even better because he/she even has free food, free accommodation), however, at the end of the day, he/she is still a housemaid!

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by JOEizu: 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
To teach,the pple how to CONVERT jUjU to Money and not for killing
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Period

We are talking money & you are talking nonsense! #with Rick Ross's tone grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Schmidt is a boss in every sense of the word. His role in establishing Google was as important as that of the founders (Page and Brin). His accomplishments speak volumes. . .no be moi-moi.

No wonder Fashola seems star-struck. He should be.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ichommy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
peckhamboi: See as Fashola head be like the coconut I used to make coconut milk last night
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Period

You are a 5tupid and ignorant woman puffed up with ignorance.
Yorubas are NOT a tribe!!
Fashola was in his residence in his country. A Governor of a Yoruba state and you are suggesting appropriate dress for him is European when receiving Europeans.The corollary would be that when he visits "them" they reciprocate.
How many Arab leaders do you see wearing what you suggest?. Fashola is not attending a job interview at Google and so I see no reason why he should wear Oyinbo clothes. Really you are quite dense and beyond redemption.
THe implication of your reasoning is that the world have arrived at a convention of what is international dress code and Nigeria is a signatory to that. Why did the world Bank not sack Ngozi for TRIBAL DRESSING.
I am happy that a Nigerian Head of state has Never appeared in public wearing Colonial clothes which you idiotically call appropriate.
When the occasion calls for it Yorubas wear an Agbada for formality and ALWAYS with a HAT
You should be locked up in a cage and starved to death.

19 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by hollandis(f): 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
mr byron:
shut up there! you are very immature and need a lot of growing up to do. its people like you that hype abroad and make other people believe its one heaven on earth.
Where is abroad ? Do you realise that people from here call Nigeria overseas and abroad?So what exactly is your point slowpoke?
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
How can someone be suggesting that Fashola leaves his traditional attire to please Mr google chairman. if anything the chairman should have donned a Nigerian attire. I don't know when we'll get rid of inferiority complex in this country. I think a law should be passed to order a shoot at sight for any political ooffice holder wearing an international attire.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by hollandis(f): 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
Akainzo:

The housemaid in a typical rich man's house in Nigeria enjoys all this things you listed above (even better because he/she even has free food, free accommodation), however, at the end of the day, he/she is still a housemaid!

shocked A housemaid enjoys this in Nigeria .Then why not apply for the job of a house maid wink
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dickhardener: 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis:

My prayer this year was not for me but for Nigerians like you that cant understand the difference between slavery/colonial mentality and patriotism so I am S(ing)MH @ u ,your governor and your president.Yes I am a 4th class citizen and I am enjoying light 24hrs ,water 24 hrs ,cheap food ,easily affordable housing ,cars ,nice friends with rich mind set and most especially clean unpolluted air.If I am a 4th class citizen and enjoying all these ,i look forward to the day i will be 3rd class ,then 2nd class citizen ,then first class citizen.I wonder what I will be enjoying then
SO what do you as a first class citizen of my former country enjoy?
darling you simply embarrassed urself, I am equally embarrased for u.shey u no say we gathey dey this same ameeelikaa but I find it rather counter-productive when u publicly thwart the credibility of developments in your country whilst embracing the reality of your unfortunate status elsewhere. Cheers Ameelikaana

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by phantom(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
as far as i am concerned,dressing is not an issue in this matter. if fash wan wear pyjamas sef no wahala! neo-colonialism na wa o! its only in naija we hear such rubbish.
was mahatma ghandi known for his dressing??
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by MrGlobe(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti:

Don't worry. You will never get it. Once you miss those lessons in primary school, you are finished.
why is it difficult for you to simply admit you goofed instead of dancing n a k ed further. smh. please stop quoting me and get a life.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by hollandis(f): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Afam4eva: How can someone be suggesting that Fashola leaves his traditional attire to please Mr google chairman. if anything the chairman should have donned a Nigerian attire. I don't know when we'll get rid of inferiority complex in this country. I think a law should be passed to order a shoot at sight for any political ooffice holder wearing an international attire.

Cant you see the way he dressed like a mad man? Can't you distinguish the thin line between culture and tradition #slowpoke
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ypzilanti: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
You are a 5tupid and ignorant woman puffed up with ignorance.
Yorubas are NOT a tribe!!
Fashola was in his residence in his country. A Governor of a Yoruba state and you are suggesting appropriate dress for him is European when receiving Europeans.The corollary would be that when he visits "them" they reciprocate.
How many Arab leaders do you see wearing what you suggest?. Fashola is not attending a job interview at Google and so I see no reason why he should wear Oyinbo clothes. Really you are quite dense and beyond redemption.
THe implication of your reasoning is that the world have arrived at a convention of what is international dress code and Nigeria is a signatory to that. Why did the world Bank not sack Ngozi for TRIBAL DRESSING.
I am happy that a Nigerian Head of state has Never appeared in public wear Colonial clothes which you idiotically call appropriate.
You should be locked up in a cage and starved to death.
Excuse her ignorance na. As Bob Marley said:'emancipate yourself from mental slavery'. I hope she learnt something from your response, even though it was harsh.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis: and this is supposed to be a front page news...Nigeria is crap .If google chairman or whatever comes to my street .Who would give a shyte about him.Nigeria is really backward ,,just look at the replies here OMG plus SMH
That is a lie from the pit of hell.Two weeks ago this same man visited North Korea and the visit drew alot of attention world wide including White House.So why say if he comes to your street who will give a shyte about him?If they dont give a shyte about him will be that they dont know him.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
This will never happen if you the owner are ashamed of it.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by patimore: 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Period

Frustrated hag forming fashionista!Get a life slowpoke

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
The problem really is what i call COLONIAL CONSCIOUSNESS

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by AKMoney1(m): 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
alamkah: still not upto Dangote

Hater what's ur family worth E-goat

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by turigee2: 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nice one for the image of Lagos State and Nigeria.

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis:

Cant you see the way he dressed like a mad man? Can't you distinguish the thin line between culture and tradition #slowpoke

Personally, I see nothing wrong in traditional atire, in fact, I encourage it. This is nothing but a courtesy visit, if it was a much more professional type vsit, then your point is understandable. You know how many Africans that work @ the World Bank Group/IMF/ILFC et al wear their traditional attire? Even yesterday, at the Presidential Inaugural Ball, there were few ladies that showed up in African print material but stylish. I don't see anything wrong in it.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti:
Excuse her ignorance na. As Bob Marley said:'emancipate yourself from mental slavery'. I hope she learnt something from your response, even though it was harsh.
She cannot learn because in her head she is INFERIOR to Oyinbo. She has no understanding of why people wear different things in different climates or cultures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Sanator Nenadi Usman Truns Pastor,after Election Defeat..pics / US Frowns At Oshiomhole Over Comments On $6bn Theft / Kogi Governorship: Yahaya Bello Speaks On ‘Dumping’ APC