Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] (34388 Views)

VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) / Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
Leave the joker. Colonial Mentality is messing with his head.Tell me how you work in Qatar or Maiduguri or Dubai when it is 40 degrees wearing a suit and rope on your neck.

Haha, colonial mentality? You say?

I asked you to reconcile Fashola at BET awards and when he went loan shopping? Even the almighty Tinubu wore suit when he went for the DNC Convention...lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I was waiting on their Dashiki abi it's called Agbada right? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Ok o, like I said, Fashola should have worn his Yoruba Dashiki when he went for the BET's awards as Africa's governor or something, you're good at pulling pictures, pull that one up. If I'm wrong, I'll take it back. Also, when he sought financial loans and went shopping, he should have worn his agbada na, no shaking ... nsogbu a diro... grin grin grin

I just wish he keeps it up indeed, I mean he's part of the Yoruba who have made a golden calf and dancing around it.

You are a funny dude. Fashola can wear what he likes. I have no quarrel with him wearing suits and tie.
The reason we are here is because someone suggested that his choice ON THIS OCCASION is INFERIOR to A JACKET and TROUSERS implying that Yoruba or African clothes are not suitable for Formal use. That is the issue here .

3 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti:

Must everything be a tribal issue to you? Seriously, grow up. I'm Igbo and my father made it a point not to give any of his children an English name. That was his choice, and the philosophy he chose to pass to his children. Herbert Macaulay had two English names- A Yoruba man who fought for Nigeria's independence. There is nothing wrong in having an English name. If you are an African that is mentally enslaved to believe that all things African are inferior, then you should go listen to Bob Marley redemption son verse two; Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

Herbert Macaulay lived in the colonial era when the whole country was ruled by European

Almost 100yrs later some people are still stuck in the colonial era.

Are you telling me its mere coincidence that all SE governors have a foreign first name? None of them found Ifeanyi, Ikenna and Obinna good enough for themselves

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Americans and europeans are also not our standard.

They are
We are trying to be where they are

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:

You are a funny dude. Fashola can wear what he likes. I have no quarrel with him wearing suits and tie.
The reason we are here is because someone suggeted that his choice ON THIS OCCASION is INFERIOR to A JACKET and TROUSERS. That is the issue here .

Good. Now were getting somewhere

What was my response to that? I stated that I did not see anything wrong in what he wore because it was a casual occasion, had it been a high profile professional occasion, that will be different. Isn't that what started the argument?
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Afam4eva(m): 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

They are
We are trying to be where they are
We can reach where they are no necessarily by carbon copying them. We have our own identity and we have to project and protect it. How can you even reach where they are if you're copying them. How do you want to be more American than the Americans.

3 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

I asked you to reconcile Fashola at BET awards and when he went loan shopping? Even the almighty Tinubu wore suit when he went for the DNC Convention...lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I was waiting on their Dashiki abi it's called Agbada right? grin grin grin grin
I do not work for those individuals and have not been speaking for them thus far,have I ?
What they do is nothing to do with me. I am talking about the STATUS of Yoruba dress internationally.
It is not difficult to see the horizons of your cerebral territory
The European Jacket/Suit and tie is not suitable in every climate. It was developed for a specific area. Socks and Gloves are not very common in hot places so we must bear the utility of these items of dressing in mind.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Akainzo(m): 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

I asked you to reconcile Fashola at BET awards and when he went shopping? Even the almighty Tinubu wore suit when he went for the DNC Convention...lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Easy mate. He WENT to BET award, he WENT shopping, he WENT looking for investors. therefore he dressed appropariately to have a positive effect on the outcome of his mission.
This time around, SChmidt CAME TO visit, PAID HIM a courtesy call, met him AT HIS HOUSE, needed to be seen WITH him. So the equation has turned around and he thus can dictate what he chooses to wear.

Forget all your professional settings nonsense, it is because people need to keep their jobs, are in search of a daily bread, need the assistance, etc that they dress to conform. Once things change and tables are turned, Obama would wear a Chinese attire if that would ensure the continued greatness of the american economy.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
I do not work for those individuals and have not been speaking for them thus far,have I ?
What they do is nothing to do with me. I am talking about the STATUS of Yoruba dress internationally.

Oh, now you do not work for them? Where you not same person posting picture about NOI and OBJ? Well then, let's kill the argument while it last and you stick with your idea and I stick with mine, but please, keep in mind when you raise up your colonial mentality, have it at the back of your mind that your leaders exhibit same mentality even when they cross the shores of Nigerian airspace... Like I said, let's KILL the argument... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
This is more like it!!
Looking sharp!
Not looking like heis going to a bar to fraternize with college buddies

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
naijababe: I wonder why every thing that's supposed to be good turn to mush on NL, thanks for he comic relief at least

Its sad.

Nigerians can't even tolerate Nigerians!

Nah wah o

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:

It is not difficult to see the horizons of your cerebral territory

I take no offense at all, I still maintain my stand... The gallant Yoruba leaders you claim them to be exhibit same characteristics, so why are we arguing again?

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
Akainzo:

Easy mate. He WENT to BET award, he WENT shopping, he WENT looking for investors. therefore he dressed appropariately to have a positive effect on the outcome of his mission.
This time around, SChmidt CAME TO visit, PAID HIM a courtesy call, met him AT HIS HOUSE, needed to be seen WITH him. So the equation has turned around and he thus can dictate what he chooses to wear.

Forget all your professional settings nonsense, it is because people need to keep their jobs, are in search of a daily bread, need the assistance, etc that they dress to conform. Once things change and tables are turned, Obama would wear a Chinese attire if that would ensure the continued greatness of the american economy.

Dude, you're late to the parrrie, I've answered all your rantings in my post. Again, different occasion for appropriate attire. CASE CLOSED.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Oluwaadajo(m): 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: This is more like it!!
Looking sharp!
Not looking like heis going to a bar to fraternize with college buddies

.... But looking old from all the stress from leading that big ugly beast called Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by RedLight1: 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
We can reach where they are no necessarily by carbon copying them. We have our own identity and we have to project and protect it. How can you even reach where they are if you're copying them. How do you want to be more American than the Americans.
i tire o
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Oh, now you do not work for them? Where you not same person posting picture about NOI and OBJ? Well then, let's kill the argument while it last and you stick with your idea and I stick with mine, but please, keep in mind when you raise up your colonial mentality, have it at the back of your mind that your leaders exhibit same mentality even when they cross the shores of Nigerian airspace... Like I said, let's KILL the argument... grin grin grin grin
Yes I posted pictures of Soyinka too my focus all along is AFRICAN DRESS which I believe to be good enough for us. What is my business with Fashola or Tinubu other than we are talking of Fashola in this thread as the source of controversy?? How does any of that translate into working for them. How much abuse have I suffered from Eko Ile and Gbawe on their account. My Guy I think you are mixing me up with someone else. My issue is the flawed consciousness that produces the opinions you and that dunce Baby Osisi have been spouting here.Hopefully I will cause others to stop and think about what they wear and why. You are one of those whom Achebe calls "DISPOSSESSED"

Just like we should question why Sango is an Idol and Jesus is not

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Akainzo(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Dude, you're late to the parrrie, I've answered all your rantings in my post. Again, different occasion for appropriate attire. CASE CLOSED.

I am glad you have now seen the light! Have a drink on me when you settle down to it. Cheers!
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
Fela don sing am

Kolo mentality oo Kolo mentality

Mr Ransome no be name, Mr Rochas no be name, Mr Sullivan no be name, Mr Randolph no be name, Mr Theodore no be name, Mr Martin no be name, Mr Richardson no be name
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Abrantie: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti: Nice. We need high speed internet at cheap rates in Lagos to drive commerce and business internet fraud business. Good payment solutions and courier services. Lagos State government should start thinking in the line of creating an agency to monitor and regulate e-commerce services internet fraud within Lagos so as to boost confidence.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
Yes I posted pictures of Soyinka too my focus all along is AFRICAN DRESS which I believe to be good enough for us. What is my business with Fashola or Tinubu other than we are talking of Fashola in this threadas the source of controversy?? How does any of that translate into working for them. How much abuse have I suffered from Eko Ile and Gbawe on their account. My Guy I think you are mixing me up with someone else. My issue is the flawed consciousness that produces the opinions you and that dunce Baby Osisi have been spouting here.Hopefully I will cause others to stop and think about what they wear and why.

Dude, stop dancing around. Even Soyinka, I'll bet on it has worn suits nonetheless, irrelevant at this point You made a claim when you said "YORUBAS", you did not say some, or few or whatever fit the boat... so please, drop your line of argument. Next time you talk about colonial mentality, like I said, look no further to those around you.

Btw, there's no "flawed consciousnesses or reasoning here" - My stand has ALWAYS BEEN CLEAR. I admire our lovely attire, I even credited it to the few African ladies who wore some very nice designs to the Presidential Inaugural Ball. I have no beef with our attire, and I haven't said it's not good enough, all I said was "DIFFERENT OCCASION FOR APPROPRIATE ATTIRE".

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Akainzo:

I am glad you have now seen the light! Have a drink on me when you settle down to it. Cheers!

I've not given you audience because you're not worth the time, but I'll still take your drink though... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

.... But looking old from all the stress from leading that big ugly beast called Lagos.

Speaking as a female,Fashola is an attractive man
No doubts about that
He needs to hire me as his wardrobe assistant .
I see he needs a little help there
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

You called it Middle east abi? Did you say London or NY?

I made a comment on that, so go back and read it again ... THANK YOU grin grin grin

Bros you are still not making any sense to me.Why didn't obama send dalai lama back on this visit with only a wrapper.Lagos isn't NY nor london.
[img]http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjgtAG0IIB0Qjhuje2e-6Ym51PA1mlzmWWBbRGEGkGbnqO_mUbBuUWaNA[/img]

[img]http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnvugT3pxLwoc_RYjAYEsZxgQiu8xG0fcjJ28WrSc6ZK5h5-GKqCbr9FQe[/img]

With hilary clinton.

You can't take away peoples' identity from them.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Bros you are still not making any sense to me.Why didn't obama send dalai lama back on this visit with only a wrapper.Lagos isn't NY nor london.
[img]http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjgtAG0IIB0Qjhuje2e-6Ym51PA1mlzmWWBbRGEGkGbnqO_mUbBuUWaNA[/img]

[img]http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnvugT3pxLwoc_RYjAYEsZxgQiu8xG0fcjJ28WrSc6ZK5h5-GKqCbr9FQe[/img]

With hilary clinton.

Dalai lama is a spiritual leader
Ode
Much like the pope
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
~Bluetooth:

With hilary clinton.

Another confused (go figure)

Dude, learn to read... Even Aribasal0 makes better argument, NEXT. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by offshoreking: 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
To be Frank with u guys Fashola is not looking good at all for meoooo, he look so Ugly now and more thin than before. I really hope he look after himself more, also his wife should do something about his feeding style. Hope he improve on his look soon.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Ode
Much like the pope

That is how you know he has reached his height of confusion... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Dude, stop dancing around. Even Soyinka, I'll bet on it has worn suits nonetheless, irrelevant at this point You made a claim when you said "YORUBAS", you did not say some, or few or whatever fit the boat... so please, drop your line of argument. Next time you talk about colonial mentality, like I said, look no further to those around you.

Btw, there's no "flawed consciousnesses or reasoning here" - My stand has ALWAYS BEEN CLEAR. I admire our lovely attire, I even credited it to the few African ladies who wore some very nice designs to the Presidential Inaugural Ball. I have no beef with our attire, and I haven't said it's not good enough, all I said was "DIFFERENT OCCASION FOR APPROPRIATE ATTIRE".

I made a claim ?? Why not state the claim. It is clear you are a wannabe Onyeocha. If My issue was Yoruba ALONE why am I proubly posting Ngozi's photos. You are a funny little nebbish.
The argument here is that Fashola's attire was not appropriate. Instead of accusing ME of Dancing around stop sitting on the fence and state your position on that. Fashola is a SAN and I am sure he dressed differently when going to court . Your sermon about appropriate attire for different occasion is meaningless if you are sitting on the fence on the issue HERE. Fashola's Dress.

How should he dress if The Obi of Onitsha visits or the Sultan of Sokoto. Was his dress inappropriate on this occasion?Do NOT SIT ON THE FENCE
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Ode
Much like the pope

The vatican has its sovereignity even though it's not a member of the united nation and everybody knows dalai lama is a seperatist leader.he's recognize politically and perhaps,his visit to obama was offical.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Another confused (go figure)

Dude, learn to read... Even Aribasal0 makes better argument, NEXT. grin grin grin grin
Even Aribisala0?? so you now want to measure Plick with me. I don suffer.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: Fashola should have dressed in something more professional
His outfit looks out of place at this meeting
They will think he was still in his pajamas
Doesn't he have a nice blazer with regular pants?
There is a time and place for certain outfits,he needs to learn that and adjust.

Wait..... So it is Fashola that should dress to ''fit'', not the visitors that should dress to ''fit'' him? That's why we say women should remain in the kitchen. DUNCE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Sanator Nenadi Usman Truns Pastor,after Election Defeat..pics / Ondo LGA Election Updates & Results / Peter Obi's Presidential Rally In Cross River State (More Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.