Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] (34390 Views)

VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) / Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
There's something I like to point out

Aribasala0 made a comment that "Yourbas" have built a golden calf and dancing around it... LOVE IT, if it rocks their boat...

But check this out

Aribasala0 Posted pics about Madam NOI in the midst of Gordon Brown, I believe on her invitation to London.

Meanwhile, Obama abi it was DNC that "supposedly" invited Tinubu to the DNC Congregational Conference...

Both parties were invited, both parties (+ crew) had opportunities to showcase their African lovely attire

Why was it that Tinubu wore suit for the whole three days , whereas MADAM NOI showcased her African wear?

Conclusion - When people speak of colonial mentality, it's important to be cautious about it. Even we the Igbo as well as other tribe has gaffed in our dressing/attire but claiming something so untrue is very wrong...
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
Even Aribisala0?? so you now want to measure Plick with me. I don suffer.

With who? You?

Dude, please ... be glad I did not measure you up to the clueless bluetooth cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

I hate that his maternity gown too especially when he goes on international conferences
I have commentaries on that too
Fashola did not dress appropriately there ho ha

His maternity what?

Worthless riffraff ho.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Wait.. So it is Fashola that should dress to ''fit'', not the vistors that should dress to ''fit'' him? That's why we say women should remain in the kitchen. DUNCE.

Too many hysteria on this thread I tell you.blazing out asap.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
[size=18pt]Thank God he does better when he goes outside the country
So these people yarning culture this and that are talking rubbish
His agbada is well tucked away when he is representing we Lagosians outside the shores
Thank you Jesus
I am glad to report that he knows the right dressing when he gets out there
I don't want him looking like OBJ lai lai
He should be sharp and blend in with the others not looking out of place in a group

Cool[/size]

keep it up sir! cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

There is nothing fashionista about wearing trousers ,a shirt and a blazer or jacket like the other two black men around him who are also Yoruba
He is not dressed appropriately
Period

That is why you folks go to jobs and get turned down and wonder why
You will be doing tribal pride and wear agbada to a bank interview abi?

Actually it's called national/ethnic pride, NOT ''tribal pride'', you dunce.

And no. Governor Fashola ( a man whose boots you're not fit to lick - no matter how well you lick) was not going for a ''bank interview'' so your analogy was woefully inappropriate. Peabrain.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

With who? You?

Dude, please ... be glad I did not measure you up to the clueless bluetooth cheesy cheesy cheesy
Obelenwa! don't be silly.You know to your marrow that we are not coevals there is a difference b/w a pentium 2 and a quad Core. U wan knock injin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:

I made a claim ?? Why not state the claim. It is clear you are a wannabe Onyeocha. If My issue was Yoruba ALONE why am I proubly posting Ngozi's photos. You are a funny little nebbish.
The argument here is that Fashola's attire was not appropriate. Instead of accusing ME of Dancing around stop sitting on the fence and state your position on that. Fashola is a SAN and I am sure he dressed differently when going to court . Your sermon about appropriate attire for different occasion is meaningless if you are sitting on the fence on the issue HERE. Fashola's Dress.

How should he dress if The Obi of Onitsha visits or the Sultan of Sokoto. Was his dress inappropriate on this occasion?Do NOT SIT ON THE FENCE

Look sir, I have made clear my stand. There's cultural wears, I love cultural wears as well, sometimes I wear them on Fridays. If you've followed my post, I've stated that cultural gathering should be respected with it's attires - No one should wear suit on going to see Obi of Onitsha or Sultan of Sokoto, it's not appropriate.

I expect Fashola to dress in his casual traditional wear, there's nothing wrong in it. You and I know I had no problem with Fashola's dressing. What brought up the argument was because I said had it been a "high profile professional "gathering"
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yea, let's worry about Fashola's outfit and ignore the weight of Schmidt's visit.

Nigerians.

I wonder why pipu don't fight like this on threads about Ngozi Iwenana.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by obi123: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Chanchit:

Thats why e remain small make e cross leg ontop Fashola laps.

honestly thats why i come to nairaland , for comments like this , that have me rolling on the floor with laughter, God bless you Chancit, that was a good one
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
Obelenwa! don't be silly.You know to your marrow that we are not coevals there is a difference b/w a pentium 2 and a quad Core. U wan knock injin

Haha, thx for pointing that out, so why are we in this argument then? Have you seen where supercomputer is electronically arguing a PC? What supercomputers do is override the smaller one. So Mr nnukwu mmadu, I know say you're QUAD CORE, then either you override or simply shutdown and exit... PERIOD... grin grin grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: [size=18pt]Thank God he does better when he goes outside the country
So these people yarning culture this and that are talking rubbish
His agbada is well tucked away when he is representing we Lagosians outside the shores
Thank you Jesus
I am glad to report that he knows the right dressing when he gets out there
I don't want him looking like OBJ lai lai
He should be sharp and blend in with the others not looking out of place in a group

Cool[/size]

keep it up sir! cool cool cool cool

Does this even make any sense?

Where are the sensible old grannys of NL?
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by EkoIle1: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Many4cheezy...

I'd still love to know if fashola pass the job interview sha.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
Eko Ile: I'd still love to know if fashola pass the job interview sha.

Let's hope he did o, after all, someone stated that Lagos needs improved IT infrastructure... Keep your fingers crossed grin grin grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Speaking as a female,Fashola is an attractive man
No doubts about that
He needs to hire me as his wardrobe assistant .
I see he needs a little help there

No. HE doesn't need help. YOU need help to cure your severe and deep inferiority complex.

I really pity your children and the sort of self-hate you'll imbue in them. Tufiakwa (spit).

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by EkoIle1: 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:
Yea, let's worry about Fashola's outfit and ignore the weight ot Schmidt's visit.

Nigerians.

I wonder why pipu don't fight like this on threads about Ngozi Iwenana.

This is the sad effect of ignorance and tribalism.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Actually it's called national/ethnic pride, NOT ''tribal pride'', you dunce.

And no. Governor Fashola ( a man whose boots you're not fit to lick - no matter how well you lick) was not going for a ''bank interview'' so your analogy was woefully inappropriate. Peabrain.

Tribal pride
Hehehehehehehe
Indeed
That one looked like pajamas compared to others around him

And this one is tribal hate
Rofl

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

No. HE doesn't need help. YOU need help to cure your severe and deep inferiority complex.

I really pity your children and the sort of self-hate you'll imbue in them. Tufiakwa (spit).
Kai
This one don vex
Lol
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life: There's something I like to point out

Aribasala0 made a comment that "Yourbas" have built a golden calf and dancing around it... LOVE IT, if it rocks their boat...

But check this out

Aribasala0 Posted pics about Madam NOI in the midst of Gordon Brown, I believe on her invitation to London.

Meanwhile, Obama abi it was DNC that "supposedly" invited Tinubu to the DNC Congregational Conference...

Both parties were invited, both parties (+ crew) had opportunities to showcase their African lovely attire

Why was it that Tinubu wore suit for the whole three days , whereas MADAM NOI showcased her African wear?

Conclusion - When people speak of colonial mentality, it's important to be cautious about it. Even we the Igbo as well as other tribe has gaffed in our dressing/attire but claiming something so untrue is very wrong...

You are a complete mumu trying to hide under the Igbo umbrella and quite despicable for doing so.You manny are the one with Colomentality so do not try and invite others to help you out. I posted Ngozi's photos to reinforce my argument which was very clear.You only expose your one track mind which is IgboOjukwuBiafraIgboOjukwuBiafraIgboOjukwuBiafra. I am proud of Ngozi as far as her fashion behaviour goes as I am of Achebe and Mandela for their dressing in African style. My posts are quite clear on this .You can do the Igbo versus Yoruba thing but I am not interested.
Of course shifting the discussion in that direction is moving to more familiar territory where you do not have to blow a fuse in your brain which has clearly reached its limits.Olukwu.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Akainzo(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

I've not given you audience because you're not worth the time, but I'll still take your drink though... grin grin grin

Each time I have brought out your inapropriate fawning at Fashola's dressing, you had replied me, yet you claim I aint worth your time. Hmmmm, no wonder you keep dilly-dallying and tossing up-down-left-centre on the issue.

BTW, you too like awuf!
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
Why is Fashola singled out?

Is he the only one wearing Cultural outfit?

Do these imbeciles think the other two ladies aren't representing "Nigeria"?

Why do we attack this ^^ picture and not this picture?

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

His maternity what?

Worthless riffraff ho.

Maternity yes
GEJ wears maternity gown
You haven't noticed?

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by luluosas(m): 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
hollandis: and this is supposed to be a front page news...Nigeria is crap .If google chairman or whatever comes to my street .Who would give a shyte about him.Nigeria is really backward ,,just look at the replies here OMG plus SMH
That's because you don't think above the ceiling in your room.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
As for Ngozi Iweala
I am sick and tired of that python she wraps around her head
She needs help but she is not the subject here cool
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by EkoIle1: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Let's hope he did o, after all, someone stated that Lagos needs improved IT infrastructure... Keep your fingers crossed grin grin grin

What fingers crossed ? That's your job since Google flew to Nigeria just to examine fasholas fashion sense...

Sometimes I wonder if some of you are mentally stable.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Look sir, I have made clear my stand. There's cultural wears, I love cultural wears as well, sometimes I wear them on Fridays. If you've followed my post, I've stated that cultural gathering should be respected with it's attires - No one should wear suit on going to see Obi of Onitsha or Sultan of Sokoto, it's not appropriate.

I expect Fashola to dress in his casual traditional wear, there's nothing wrong in it. You and I know I had no problem with Fashola's dressing. What brought up the argument was because I said had it been a "high profile professional "gathering"
Do you not see that using the word "CULTURAL" highlights you COLO MENTALITY.
To the Yoruba a suit is "CULTURAL" explain what you mean by "CULTURAL" = Not approved by Oyinbo?
The same mentality that
would say

Igbo,Yoruba,Hausa = Vernacular.

They are not Cultural abeg stop am
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Burger01(m): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
pendusky: Is that Odunnu wearing slippers st the extreme end of the 2nd pix? shocked
lol... Odunnu fine pass that woman in slippers wella. If you see Odunnu my guy...na bow..
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:

You are a complete mumu trying to hide under the Igbo umbrella and quite despicable for doing so.You manny are the one with Colomentality so do not try and invite others to help you out. I posted Ngozi's photos to reinforce my argument which was very clear.You only expose your one track mind which is IgboOjukwuBiafraIgboOjukwuBiafraIgboOjukwuBiafra. I am proud of Ngozi as far as her fashion behaviour goes as I am of Achebe and Mandela for their dressing in African style. My posts are quite clear on this .You can do the Igbo versus Yoruba thing but I am not interested.
Of course shifting the discussion in that direction is moving to more familiar territory where you do not have to blow a fuse in your brain which has clearly reached its limits.Olukwu.

Nwanna, I'm not trying to start anything, my post was very clear... You're proud of them, I love it... Are you also proud that Tinubu, Fashola and the rest, on an international gathering, they disappointed you? This had no tribal undertone to it, I was only saying like I see it...

Me, onukwu? Nna, o ga diri gi mma... Even the Bible said I should bless those who curse me... so... grin grin grin grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is the sad effect of ignorance and tribalism.

At old age and a professional at that.

aH AHN, IGNORANCE SHOULD HAVE A LIMIT.

I understand that most of these imbeciles attacking Fashola for his "unAmericanized" outfit are motivated by tribalism.

None of them has ever attacked Ngozi when she dressed like this:

The woman looks like a wrapped up hippopotamus, yet it's okay.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
At this height Babyosisi is not still ashamed of herself,Oga o.You want Fashola to hire you right?You are tired of your American 9-5,ole oshi.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
Do you not see that using the word "CULTURAL" highlights you COLO MENTALITY.
To the Yoruba a suit is "CULTURAL" explain what you mean by "CULTURAL" = Not approved by Oyinbo?
The same mentality that
would say

Igbo,Yoruba,Hausa = Vernacular.

They are not Cultural abeg stop am

Cultural? Anything that expresses your roots, how is that oyibo defined?

My people (IGBOS) wear red cap a sign of chieftancy etc ... you get the idea...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Residents Flee Town Of Ifeanyi Ejiofor In Oraifite After Policemen’s Death / 3 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram In Damboa. Army Kills 19 Insurgents / Customs Intercepts Combat-ready Drone, Military Hardware At MMIA (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.