Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] (34384 Views)

VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) / Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

What fingers crossed ? That's your job since Google flew to Nigeria just to examine fasholas fashion sense...

Sometimes I wonder if some of you are mentally stable.

Here you go being clueless again...

Yes fingers being crossed, hoped he passed the interview and was able to convince Google to establish a base here in Africa... My friend, don't take everything in tribal tone... Geez, yall need to relax...

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: As for Ngozi Iweala
I am sick and tired of that python she wraps around her head
She needs help but she is not the subject here cool
To your thinking that is a witticism?
Don't you have any real friends to tell you the truth about yourself
You are brainless and conceited.You lack insight and so that removes any hope of palliation. You come here with your random ejaculations which are consistent in their predictable idiocy and you smugly feel you are saying anything of value. You are an obnoxious irritating little twit and would cause general relief and jubilation if you disapppeared never to be seen again

4 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Akainzo:

Each time I have brought out your inapropriate fawning at Fashola's dressing, you had replied me, yet you claim I aint worth your time. Hmmmm, no wonder you keep dilly-dallying and tossing up-down-left-centre on the issue.

BTW, you too like awuf!

This is my last response to you, so you know when I don't reply.. I mean my words. PEACE

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
If this looks like a pajamas

Then WTF does this look like?:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/102877_TheauthorandfriendsdressedinIsi-aguatawedding_jpgc9e12d0a13854e4740b61c107c55d6f9[/img]

You have to understand that the more you insult Fashola for dressing like a Nigerian/Yoruba man, you're cursing your past and future generation. And I say, AMEN to that.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
eh Aribasal0

To your question about culture

It is from food, to clothing, to occasions, events, language etc

For instance, at the end-of-year party in my office, we had a potluck, with the help of my mother, I cooked Ofe Nsala with fresh fish and made Corn flour (garri is too expensive) and took it to work. That was expressing my culture. In my organization, like middle of the year, we have diversity week, where folks from all works of life express their tribe. I actually performed my song in Igbo (don't ask) which one. So you see, these are what makes up my culture.. Even I remembered when my mom made abacha for us here, I nearly ate my fingers off.. I love my culture, don't think for a sec that I'm colonized or share that mentality of yours.. All I'm saying is, I love my culture but I cant overdo certain things... if that makes any sense
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by seedord247(m): 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:

At old age and a professional at that.

aH AHN, IGNORANCE SHOULD HAVE A LIMIT.

I understand that most of these imbeciles attacking Fashola for his "unAmericanized" outfit are motivated by tribalism.

None of them has ever attacked Ngozi when she dressed like this:

The woman looks like a wrapped up hippopotamus, yet it's okay.

Lmfaooo.... Wrapped hipopotamus grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
To your thinking that is a witticism?
Don't you have any real friends to tell you the truth about yourself
You are brainless and conceited.You lack insight and so that removes any hope of palliation. You come here with your random ejaculations which are consistent in their predictable idiocy and you smugly feel you are saying anything of value. You are an obnoxious irritating little twit and would cause general relief and jubilation if you disapppeared never to be seen again

Bwaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
Supu supu
Nsukka
You go wound o
Don't take this place seriously mehn
It is just an Internet forum
Chill before you drop dead for nothing sake,it will be your funeral grin
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by babapupa: 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Here you go being clueless again...

Yes fingers being crossed, hoped he passed the interview and was able to convince Google to establish a base here in Africa... My friend, don't take everything in tribal tone... Geez, yall need to relax...

how is he going to convince them to do anything when his fashion was not right for the visit and he did not dress like he was looking for a job according to you.

your tribalism and hatred for lagos state brings out the worst and the most ignorant words in your.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Supu supu
Nsukka
You go wound o
Chill before you drop dead for nothing sake
No be say anytin o .
Just that I find you particularly irritating as in Olympic gold medal level.
You fit try use soap wash ya head maybe levels fit change

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Revolva(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
crywell am sure fashola has a very good plan to initiate with the visit of eric schmidt..let keep watching
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0:
No be say anytin o .
Just that I find you particularly irritating as in Olympic gold medal level.
You fit try use soap wash ya head maybe levels fit change

And the thread is now getting to 10 pages courtesy of my post on the 3rd page
Hehehehehehehe
Cool
More business for Seun Osewa

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by manny4life(m): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Supu supu
Nsukka
You go wound o
Chill before you drop dead for nothing sake,it will be your funeral
grin

The bold is my actual concern for lots of people on this forum - they are ready to kill themselves over nothing. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by babapupa: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Revolva: crywell am sure fashola has a very good plan to initiate with the visit of eric schmidt..let keep watching

The speech he gave at the meeting is on his website and its a must read for every Nigerian . He made every possible connection to justify Google investing in Nigeria.... but these low self esteem and inferiority complex Nigerians are dying over fashion as if Google flew to naija to check out fasholas fashion. smh...

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Olaone1: 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by TRUTHTELA: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
[b]Wats wit all the crappy talk here? Google boss av been visiting all the BACKWARD 3rd world countries. He just came from North Korea and stopped over in Nigeria. All these noise abt Fashola's dressing can only be an issue to someone wit a very LOW SELF ESTEEM. Again, Nigerians should stop hyping the country unnecessairly, NIGERIA IS NOT A FACTOR IN THE 21 CENTURY I.T age. Nigeria is known for TERRORISM & CORRUPTION. Don't make a big deal out of this visit. You dnt even have ELECTRICITY & a very vey SMALL percentage of your population have access to the INTERNET. FYI, most of ur internet users rely on BLACKBERRY, an OBSELETE toll in DEVELOPED COUNTRIES. A lot of internet websites have BLOCKED Nigerian users. Nigerian credit cards are not accepted. So what? To the BIGOTS, the outside world doesn't know Sout East, SouthWest, South-South and North, all they know is NIGERIA, meaning, Y'ALL ARE IN IT TOGETHER, quit tribalism, the looters of ur treasury dont know tribe, e.g Obj and the Uba brothers (igbo &yourba). Little minds shld get a life.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by ba7man(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
When the head of one of the world's biggest compainies worth Billions of dollars start paying you a visit....You must have attracted their attention.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by xcuggsm(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
peckhamboi: See as Fashola head be like the coconut I used to make coconut milk last night
Please leave my able governor alone!
Though I always marvel at his local "strictly mushin olosha area father" looks!.
Nice guy!!
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by xcuggsm(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
peckhamboi: See as Fashola head be like the coconut I used to make coconut milk last night
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by EkoIle1: 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
ba7man: When the head of one of the world's biggest compainies worth Billions of dollars start paying you a visit....You must have attracted their attention.

Basically...
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Paentera(m): 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0: This crossing leg thing is a culture clash. In Arab cultures e.g . it is considered rude to show the soles of the feet. I find in meetings that a lot of westerners of all colors,li
ke crossing their legs. Personally I dislike it and I suspect many Nigerians do too.It is one of those "local etiquette" rules that we should not be ashamed of. I suspect it is a practice westerners developed based on (technology) i.e their straight back seats.We have tended like other Eastern cultures to sit on Mats,cushions etc at a much lower level and would not even feel comfortable sitting cross-legged like many Westerners do.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+15375

http://www.dba-oracle.com/consultant_religon_culture_guidelines.htm

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CultureShock

Oga speak for ya sef.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Awoofawo(m): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
manny4life:

Like I stated, different occasion calls for different attires, when attending diplomatic circles, that's not a professional enviroment but a cultural one , so common sense should dictate otherwise, like duhhhhhh, isn't that what I've been trying to drive into you people's head for a min, but I stated, professional environment, NOT cultural, nor casual, nor what have you should be adorned appropriately. Obviously, folks like you don't know what calls for which occasion.

If Obama invites you for a states dinner, is that a professional occasion, NO. However, if you're a consultant and Obama invites you to his office, is that a professional meeting, YES... Get the idea?

You are seriously standing logic on it's head.... If I may ask what criteria defined a professional or formal occasion; it is the host or the guest that should defined mode of dressing to an occasion; is Fasola the host or the guest; if you are not comfortable in your own cultural attire, how can you claim to be comfortable in strange/foreign one?

NL is now full with people just coming out of KG!!!!
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by CyberG: 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
The argument about the choice of Fashola's dressing is unwarranted really. The proponents of colonialist, slavery-induced dressing are the ibos and few turncoats who have permanent low self-esteem, inferiority complex and a victim mentality. A lot of these dates back to even pre-civil war times due to their non-existence of culture and history. The collosal loss of the civil war further excercebated their inferiority complex and slave mentality. Just a summary thought!

@Visit: Good for Lagos and forward-thinking people who understand it is an opportunity to better the lives of their people locally, regionally and nationally.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Anyway back to Google and Lagos state. I hope this can translate into jobs for our young people many of whom are excluded from the economy and are rapidly losing hope.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
If our IT sector is to become part of the world system a number of things will need to change. Our judicial system which has an integrity problem. Our Youth will need to eschew criminality as we have a bad reputation already and IT involves security so investors will need to know operatives won't be stealing customers financial details or other high value information and misusing them. In short Lagos cannot outrun many Nigerian factor problems but could be a driver for change
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by maclatunji: 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
This visit makes a lot of business sense but we need to tighten our laws to regulate such large corporations because their being ethical is not guaranteed.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by emmatok(m): 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
So people are funny, they should visit Dubai and see how the Arabian businessmen dress. Or Indian politician dresses.
That is way OBJ is highly respected, he wares his Native anywhere.
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nigerians are a very creative bunch often seeing impossible angles which many miss.This has been channelled negatively in the past and hopefully a thriving Lagos will attract investment to drive change.The journey ahead is a long one and miracles won't happen overnight.There are already very worthy leaders in the Russians Chinese and Indians. We can become a major player and even if we were only servicing our own local needs the impact will be revolutionary because Nigeria is a big country which is virtually starting over
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by baby124: 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
aribisala0: Nigerians are a very creative bunch often seeing impossible angles which many miss.This has been channelled negatively in the past and hopefully a thriving Lagos will attract investment to drive change.The journey ahead is a long one and miracles won't happen overnight.There are already very worthy leaders in the Russians Chinese and Indians. We can become a major player and even if we were only servicing our own local needs the impact will be revolutionary because Nigeria is a big country which is virtually starting over

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin - yahoooooooo!

Hopefully Goooooogle! will not emerge. heh!
Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by amiskurie(m): 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
geeez: Rude boy Fashola. Doesn't this guy realize we have a sitting president in Nigeria? He didn't even visit his Minister of Science and Technology! shocked
Is he on a world tour cos he visited North korea last week I think.

We a mighty in Nigeria.
If he should visit country like ghana he will be greeted at the airport by their president.

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by Akiika: 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
TRUTHTELA: [b]Wats wit all the crappy talk here? Google boss av been visiting all the BACKWARD 3rd world countries. He just came from North Korea and stopped over in Nigeria. All these noise abt Fashola's dressing can only be an issue to someone wit a very LOW SELF ESTEEM. Again, Nigerians should stop hyping the country unnecessairly, NIGERIA IS NOT A FACTOR IN THE 21 CENTURY I.T age. Nigeria is known for TERRORISM & CORRUPTION. Don't make a big deal out of this visit. You dnt even have ELECTRICITY & a very vey SMALL percentage of your population have access to the INTERNET. FYI, most of ur internet users rely on BLACKBERRY, an OBSELETE toll in DEVELOPED COUNTRIES. A lot of internet websites have BLOCKED Nigerian users. Nigerian credit cards are not accepted. So what? To the BIGOTS, the outside world doesn't know Sout East, SouthWest, South-South and North, all they know is NIGERIA, meaning, Y'ALL ARE IN IT TOGETHER, quit tribalism, the looters of ur treasury dont know tribe, e.g Obj and the Uba brothers (igbo &yourba). Little minds shld get a life.[/b]

Kasa! you don "soro gba ori won, won a fi ete sile won a ma pa lapalapa" (Meaning: you don word dem correctly, they ignore leprosy but treat ringworm instead).
Ignoramuses!

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by chino11(m): 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
Why didn't Google visit Osogbo or abeokuta to see their governors? Lagos is an economic hub that was built by FG, Igbos and Hausas, so google is actually in the city to see how they could tap from the existing development and exploit the population.

Afterwards google in itself has not been fair to Yorubas..if you doubt me, open google and type: yorubas are. You had be shocked at what you see. Then afterwards type Igbos are and see the difference. Probably google was in Nigeria to sympathies with the Yorubas on the above. grin

1 Like

Re: Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] by aribisala0(m): 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
kini yato were to ko ni l'aso ni baluwe ati eni to sa ere tele ni ihoho

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo / Nigerians React To Dino Melaye 'Regaining Freedom After Being Kidnapped' / Sanator Nenadi Usman Truns Pastor,after Election Defeat..pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.