Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution (31763 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nigeria is a secular Country, and not a one-religion Country......

I want zero noise pollution from any religious gathering, whether you are Muslim Christian or whatever.... Muslim speaker blaring, every now and then, calling for prayers should be banned... Instead, there should be an app, or a kinda wrist watch that vibrates, when it's time for prayers....

Church speakers, and music devices that keeps blaring every Sunday should also be kept to the barest minimum ... Noise proof walls should be fitted round their walls if they want to play loud music..How loud church speakers should sound should depend on wall perimeters. If there are extensions, then churches should provide members with earpiece.

people are sleeping!! People wanna think.... We need thinkers to solve our mammoth problems for us....
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by mko2005: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
freshdew: VISIT A KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES or dia ASSEMBLY HALLS-a people so well organized.
God has got all sides ! It depends on the side you decide to hold unto !
God bless us
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by heykims(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
chakula:

If you did not come in defence of your religion who else will represent you.

The case is very simple if the man was there before the church then he has the right to fight for his right and if it was happened that the church was there before him then he can relocate to the silence area simple.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by heykims(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
chakula:

The case is very simple if the man was there before the church then he has the right to fight for his right and if it was happened that the church was there before him then he can relocate to the silence area simple.
..cant get any word to describe ur dull-headedness...fool!!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by BeautyQueen1: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
grin
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by talk2me006(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: yes, actualy nt music. Sound in irregular frequency(noise) mostly in a strange language i dnt understand... Esp. During ramadan from 12-4am i no fit sleep.
All i hear is:
call:la ila ila ala ila la la
response: la ila la ila la
for good four hours!
Then every 4:30am(when the sleep is sweetest) i hear chants of prayer that disturbs the still of the early mornings.
if that calin to prayer disturb u , wat abt that loud band with high song tune mix wt teranga dance on every sunday morning
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by babanne(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
ignis: Am sure she is just seeking for cheap popularity.
hmmmmm! Im seeing d second mindless comment in year 2013.some fellows cant reason objectively.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Ifebazz(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
solinho: She should just have told them.....
Na one day police dey arrest & charge to court? You think they've not had dialogues & fights to that effect? Wise up guys & call spades spades.
Why do all these religious (especially these pentirascals) attach a bible verse to everything? Yet when they're are cheating you with price & doing evil they don't remember those verses. Its wrong & it can't be right.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Bella3(f): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
talk2me006:
daughter of gods.
till now, u havnt change for gud.
servant of pig eaten god... You neva die?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by IYANGBALI: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
ignis: Am sure she is just seeking for cheap popularity.
says who?she is asking for her right
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Bella3(f): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
talk2me006:
if that calin to prayer disturb u , wat abt that loud band with high song tune mix wt teranga dance on every sunday morning
They are all wrong. Unlike you, i dnt support any of the parties. BIGOT

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by mko2005: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
lifesabeach: The noise pollution control is long overdue. Something needs to be done about it. GOD IS NOT DEAF. SO WHY DO WE CLAIM TO WORSHIP AS IF GOD HAS A HEARING PROBLEM
God enjoys all ! If you like shout,if you like murmur,if you like think,if you like meditate,if you even like soliloquies ! God enjoys all. It depends on your understanding,what you need and how you want to approach it. After all Hannah prayed so tey dem say she don dey HIGH on early morning wine ! The whole issue is like the case of the owner of a cow with a hunch back.That excess meat (lump)up there is still gain to the owner ! God enjoys everything we do that are scriptural.It does not matter whether YOU agree with it or not. So long as it does not contradict the WORD,God is happy.
May God help us
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by IYANGBALI: 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
Dansy: The church is close to my church, the old woman is just too troublesome. I have seen the old woman several time.The old woman is too aggressive.
forget about the woman being aggresive,that is another issue entirely,FOCUS ON THE ISSUE BEING DISCUSSED. Must you disturb other people all in the name of religion?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by mko2005: 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ifebazz:
Na one day police dey arrest & charge to court? You think they've not had dialogues & fights to that effect? Wise up guys & call spades spades.
Why do all these religious (especially these pentirascals) attach a bible verse to everything? Yet when they're are cheating you with price & doing evil they don't remember those verses. Its wrong & it can't be right.
I think the pentirascals as you call them are close to their bible ! No wonder they have scriptures to back every good thing they do.If they still indulge in negativity,it will take only the holy spirit to convict them !
Noise is noise to he who does not understand what you speak ! No wonder Jesus said we should pick up our sandals,dust them and leave the vicinity where we don't want to be heard.
God help us
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by mko2005: 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
IYA NGBALI: forget about the woman being aggresive,that is another issue entirely,FOCUS ON THE ISSUE BEING DISCUSSED. Must you disturb other people all in the name of religion?
Even Christ said NO ! We shouldn't.
God help us
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by redsun(m): 4:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
It is time nigerians realized that society is governed by workable and rational laws that protects the rights of all citizens not by some kind of delusional imaginations that premits them .to act waywardly at will. I.e,oyedopo's child molestation in the name of Jesus.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Krisgift(f): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nawa o,at 79?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
Okija_juju: NICE!!

She should have done what I would do which is to buy a shiitload of loudspeakers, mount it on my fence pointing directly into the church and play some kinky p0rn video at the loudest volume..

Two months later, the Church will put up the land for sale.
GBAM!!!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
The earth is the Lord and the fullness thereof
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Krisgift: Nawa o,at 79?

was surprise too and her name is Esther, This is the time she actually need to live in the church
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Kay17: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
chakula:

Pls where did you get this from? Lawbooks? Is there any legislation that states this land law??
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by aribisala0(m): 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
chakula:

Has nothing to do with who was there first.
Absolutely irrelevant under OUR legal system in LAGOS though that may apply in other native or tribal settlements.
What is relevant is the planning code for the area and the Noise pollution legislation.

If you conducted a poultry business for years in an area with a RESIDENTIAL code and I build my house next to you today and sue you.You will have to stop even if I bought the land from YOU!!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by baby124: 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Krisgift: Nawa o,at 79?

CHESSBOARD:

was surprise too and her name is Esther, This is the time she actually need to live in the church

So you people can kill her with heart attack when you start shouting, shrieking and beating your bass drums. Let the old woman have peace in her old age. Shameless lot. Your market will sell either way if the message is true. You dont have to shout to pass quality message across.mtscheew. Fake churches and mosques
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by kassano22(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
i have 7 churches shelling me with noise.i don maciate finish cos man no fit sleep after a hard day. plz any body knows the name of grand mamas lawyer?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

You mean living in the church from morning till night? And by the way, she is likely a good Christian (not Pentecostal).

How would you feel if a night club without soundproof dancehall opens shop just beside your house?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by baby124: 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
kassano22: i have 7 churches shelling me with noise.i don maciate finish cos man no fit sleep after a hard day. plz any body knows the name of grand mamas lawyer?

Do this:
Okija_juju: NICE!!

She should have done what I would do which is to buy a shiitload of loudspeakers, mount it on my fence pointing directly into the church and play some kinky p0rn video at the loudest volume..

Two months later, the Church will put up the land for sale.

I assure you, your problems will be a thing of the past. cheesy
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by ypzilanti: 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
The fanatics will support anything. The woman want peace in her house. Let her have peace. How would the church feel if someone opened a nightclub next door and was playing Azonto at high volume when they are having prayers.

The woman in question likely goes to church like most Christians. Must she now also have to hear a church service when she wants to sleep, or read, or even think?

Our Lord Jesus said to do unto others as you would like them to do unto you...oh I forgot that it's what the pastor says that matters to psycho members.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Shadydamsel: i wonder if it is only churches dat makes noise in d environment. What about Mosque, dat prays 5 time daily. As early as 5am u will start hearing noises. Letz not be prejudice. d old woman dat should be even praying for herself because she is closer to d grave self is complaining.....
I can bet you don't know how it feels.
Their is a church like that opposite my family house.
If not for my dad, I would have taken the pastor to a law court long time ago.
I hate it with my spirit.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by heykims(m): 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
Am sure if Jesus himseif were to be d judge, d church wud still come out being guilty, it doesnt even need an explanation, a man wt an adequate IQ wud know religious isnt supposed to disturb other pple's activities.....lawless nightvigillers!!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Hearme(m): 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
There is too much noise pollution in Lagos.The law on frequency regulation should not be restricted to religious houses only. Some streets have those who sell music, bear parlors and sometimes Owambe (Parties e.g Naming ceremony, Burial etc) play music in very loud frequency even till 11pm in residential areas and some street carnivals till dawn. Not minding if you care to hear the music or not. There should be a way of moderating this either the Landlord association or the Local Govt. I think the police or whoever should begin to effect arrest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nsukka Catholic Bishop Vs Fr Obayi: ‘don’t Exceed Your Boundary’ – Mbaka Fumes / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.