Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:22 PM

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution (31730 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Pergrace: 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: yes, actualy nt music. Sound in irregular frequency(noise) mostly in a strange language i dnt understand... Esp. During ramadan from 12-4am i no fit sleep.
All i hear is:
call:la ila ila ala ila la la
response: la ila la ila la
for good four hours!
Then every 4:30am(when the sleep is sweetest) i hear chants of prayer that disturbs the still of the early mornings.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by jahonmatic(m): 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
babanne: hmmmmm! Im seeing d second mindless comment in year 2013.some fellows cant reason objectively.
. Thank you....I agree with you
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by CGKing(m): 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
What of the early morning useless noise we hear everyday that teaches ppl nothing?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by soledayo(m): 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Uhmm. i know this woman very very well. My office is just few houses to her house. A serious retired trouble maker she is. Goes around the street looking for trouble. Her look alone is scary. I mean every word of it. U don't want to have as a neighbour even if u are not a church talkless of being a mosque.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by tomiedatlo: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: Very interesting... Places of worship should learn to respect other peoples ears...
Speaking of which.. I should probably drag the mosque near my house to court bt for my safety.
Lolz
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Aliyeous(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: Very interesting... Places of worship should learn to respect other peoples ears...
Speaking of which.. I should probably drag the mosque near my house to court bt for my safety.
Thank goodness its a xtain dat dragd dem 2 court n thank God we muslims dnt use drums in d mosque
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by billyG(m): 10:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hav any one ever leave or pass by Mouka's lord chosen karimatic church b4 d noise dey generate is like a faulty Rocket blasting off to Hell. ;

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Stalwert: 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Atleast unlike NL atheist the woman did not run to Nairaland to debunk Christianity for the noise pollution, rather she took the party involved to court. That is common sense, atheists should take a cue!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by jpphilips(m): 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
NAMDOSKY30: lolz na winch she be

lol, don't worry when your pastor is done with casting away the "winches" in your pocket and bank account, then you will understand that the old woman still has the right to die in peace.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Pukkah: 11:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
ignis: Am sure she is just seeking for cheap popularity.

You are 'SURE'? Did she consult you?

Do you know the meaning of being 'sure' about her reason for going to court?

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Pukkah: 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Born 2be Rich: No be sogunle she dey stay....sogunle is generally a noisy area na

Sogunle Street at Abule Onigbagbo estate is a 'noisy area'? Eh?

All these people sef!

2 Likes

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Pukkah: 11:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
soledayo: Uhmm. i know this woman very very well. My office is just few houses to her house. A serious retired trouble maker she is. Goes around the street looking for trouble. Her look alone is scary. I mean every word of it. U don't want to have as a neighbour even if u are not a church talkless of being a mosque.

How is this 'argumentum ad hominem' related to the issue at hand? Did the church make noise or not? Simple.

2 Likes

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by confusion247(m): 11:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
informatix: You can Sue even Ado Bayero's mosque if they do any event outside[b] 5daily Prayers(using loud speaker).[/b] I have come across several case like this in kano many mosque were sued for performing over night prayers and the Court called the mosque to order by stopping them from using Loudspeaker execept during 5daily Prayers.
You should know that every religion has it's operating system, praying five times or ten times a day is for muslims like wise night vigils are for Christians.
You are now telling us that muslims has the right to disturb those living close to them five times a day even the most annoying one of 5am? Wise up, muslims should have alarm clocks that will wake them up by 5am for prayers instead of waking up the entire neighborhood.
No reasonable human being who wants to see the next day will ever think of taking a mosque to court talk not of doing it. Which lawyer on earth will undertake such suicide mission? Any human that tries that will see Jihadist the next minutes.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Memphis357(m): 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
azpekuliar: It's a very annoying trend. RCCG is so guilt of this. In their drive to set up churches within 5, 10 minutes walking distance of each other they set up churches even in a residential close!
I had a property in the market in a close in Festac that I found extremely difficult to let because RCCG bought over the adjoining detached house and began using it as a church. Took me ages to find a tenant and with good reason. Who would want to live right next to a pentecostal church?
It was high time somebody took this MOGs (Ministers Merchants of God) to court! angry
I'm in need of a 2 bedroom flat in Festac,preferably on 41road. Any luck with that?

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by confusion247(m): 11:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: Interesting stuff...

ifihearam:

This guy is a religious bigot,what's interesting here,if it were a mosque will you open a thread like this? Just be careful and don't let my path cross with yours bringing to view all the unneccessary bans I have gotten from you for being an apostle of truth.

Never mind that religious bigot. He sees no evil in Islam and the violence that comes with it everywhere it goes, but he is always looking for a way to paint christianity black. If this thread is about Mosque, he would have banned almost all christians that said the truth on the topic. As for the bans i have gotten from him too, is rubbish, baseless and meaningless. I am just praying for the day i will see or read that nairaland is owned by maclatunji, that day i will pay the website a visit in my own terms.
Nothing will ever stop me from saying the truth.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by TijaniWaheed: 1:09am On Jan 23, 2013
[quote
author=maclatunji]79-Year-Old Woman Drags Redeemed Church To Court
Over Noise Pollution

An Ikeja High Court, Lagos, has urged the Redeemed Christian Church of
God, Chapel of Victory, Ikeja, Lagos, to maintain “zero noise pollution”
while conducting its religious programmes.

A 79-year-old neighbour, Mrs. Esther Ogunsalu, whose residence shares a
common fence with the church located on 4, Sogunle Street, Abule
Onigbagbo Estate, off Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos, had
dragged the church before the court for disturbing her peace.

Ogunsalu, in the case with suit no LD/1336/2011 filed before Justice
Aishat Opesanwo, said the noise emanating from the church prevents her
from sleeping, adding that it also “triggers her hypertensive heart
disease.”

She asked the court to declare that the continuous occupation and use of
the premises as a place of worship “contravenes the building and town
planning regulations of Lagos State.”

However, Opesanwo referred both parties to the Multi-Door Courthouse,
Igbosere, Lagos, for mediation.

At the Multi-Door Courthouse, the parties adopted a term of settlement
dated November 7, 2012 which was signed by the church’s pastor, Dapo
Morawo, and Ogunsalu alongside her lawyer, Mr. Dan Kizito, in the
presence of a mediator, identified as Mr. Dosunmu.

The terms of settlement obtained by our correspondent on Monday stated,
“That in the interest of peace and justice, parties have agreed to make
peace and that the first respondent (owner and trustees of the RCCG) and
the second respondent (Morawo) will maintain a zero noise pollution in
accordance with Lagos State regulations and laws.”

At the resumed hearing of the case, Justice Opesanwo said since the
parties had agreed to an amicable resolution of the dispute, the court
would adopt the terms of settlement as its judgment.

“The said terms of settlement have been duly examined. I hereby adopt
and pronounce it as the judgment of this court. Parties are urged to
bear their respective obligations under the settlement terms,” Opesanwo
said.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/01/79-year-old-woman-drags-redeemed-church-to-court-over-noise-pollution.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter[/quote]

dts gud na, infact its d way dey run churches des days iz realy funy, in ma own street we av two difrnt churchs in one building- reedem in d basement nd another chuch on top... na busisness?

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Solozzo(m): 2:50am On Jan 23, 2013
chakula:

If you did not come in defence of your religion who else will represent you.

The case is very simple if the man was there before the church then he has the right to fight for his right and if it was happened that the church was there before him then he can relocate to the silence area simple.

Wrong!! It does not matter who was there before whom. Everyone is entitled to peace and quiet. This is part of human rights. Any violation without consent is punishable. We have been too soft because we believe it is the work of God. There are soundproof padding for walls if any church wishes to play loud broadcast.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Solozzo(m): 3:09am On Jan 23, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Fool at 79

You nko?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 23, 2013

A 79-year-old neighbour, Mrs. Esther Ogunsalu, whose residence shares a common fence with the church located on 4, Sogunle Street, Abule Onigbagbo Estate, off Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos, had dragged the church before the court for disturbing her peace.

Ogunsalu, in the case with suit no LD/1336/2011 filed before Justice Aishat Opesanwo, said the noise emanating from the church prevents her from sleeping, adding that it also “triggers her hypertensive heart disease.”

She asked the court to declare that the continuous occupation and use of the premises as a place of worship “contravenes the building and town planning regulations of Lagos State.”

However, Opesanwo referred both parties to the Multi-Door Courthouse, Igbosere, Lagos, for mediation.

At the Multi-Door Courthouse, the parties adopted a term of settlement dated November 7, 2012 which was signed by the church’s pastor, Dapo Morawo, and Ogunsalu alongside her lawyer, Mr. Dan Kizito, in the presence of a mediator, identified as Mr. Dosunmu.

The terms of settlement obtained by our correspondent on Monday stated, “That in the interest of peace and justice, parties have agreed to make peace and that the first respondent (owner and trustees of the RCCG) and the second respondent (Morawo) will maintain a zero noise pollution in accordance with Lagos State regulations and laws.”

I dig her style jor,may God add many more years to her,Amen.
Just because she is 79 doesn't mean she has no say in life
What a woman
I doff my hat for her
Carry go mama!
At an age when some of her mates are laying down motionless,some are six feet below and some are just letting the days go by,Mrs Ogunsalu refused to let a Church rob her of her beauty sleep for whatever years she has left on earth.
I am almost certain she may lived in her house decades before a Church moved in next door to make her life a living hell.who will like that?I am imagining a Church moving in next door to our family house of many decades.
I can also imagine that she may tried talking to them and they rebuffed her,rather than suffer perpetually or hire area boys to destroy the house of God,she goes the legal route to get her voice heard and they were forced to listen.
This woman should be applauded
Let others follow suit including those mosques that disturb people with loud cries early in the morning
Let them buy wristwatches and know when it is time to go and pray.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by amor4ce(m): 4:45am On Jan 23, 2013
Late 2012 I sent an email to LASEPA urging them to convert the 4 churches and 1 mosque around my home to mortuaries and conduct televised psychiatric evaluations for the associated clerics. I argued about the way the clerics use noise pollution to disturb mental health. One of the churches, Foursquare, conducts choir practice at the same insanely loud volume of all its daytime programmes. Another does services at different times of the day everyday. the muslims raise the volume of their speakers that are already insanely high to even higher levels during their feasts. It is so bad that at times i harbor a desire for their buildings to be destroyed.

I have not yet seen any sign of LASEPA's intervention. Maybe because of the tone my my email?

Also, I wonder why the Christian Association of Nigeria continues to destroy the environment with this brazen act of lawlessness but then preach about heaven.

2 Likes

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 23, 2013
which popularity old woman with hypertension.bunch of hypocrites.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 23, 2013

You know nothing. Churches and mosques goers should go to where they are designated and sing till they die.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 23, 2013
babyosisi:

I dig her style jor,may God add many more years to her,Amen.
Just because she is 79 doesn't mean she has no say in life
What a woman
I doff my hat for her
Carry go mama!
At an age when some of her mates are laying down motionless,some are six feet below and some are just letting the days go by,Mrs Ogunsalu refused to let a Church rob her of her beauty sleep for whatever years she has left on earth.
I am almost certain she may lived in her house decades before a Church moved in next door to make her life a living hell.who will like that?I am imagining a Church moving in next door to our family house of many decades.
I can also imagine that she may tried talking to them and they rebuffed her,rather than suffer perpetually or hire area boys to destroy the house of God,she goes the legal route to get her voice heard and they were forced to listen.
This woman should be applauded
Let others follow suit including those mosques that disturb people with loud cries early in the morning
Let them buy wristwatches and know when it is time to go and pray.

What are they praying for. More violence and corruption?!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Aliyu333: 6:35am On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: yes, actualy nt music. Sound in irregular frequency(noise) mostly in a strange language i dnt understand... Esp. During ramadan from 12-4am i no fit sleep.
All i hear is:
call:la ila ila ala ila la la
response: la ila la ila la
for good four hours!
Then every 4:30am(when the sleep is sweetest) i hear chants of prayer that disturbs the still of the early mornings.
nawao why una dey vex na...d woman no be muslim fah-she hear nd she talk...u better defend ur mode of worship not raising alarm for odas ''kaji koh''(u hear)
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:37am On Jan 23, 2013
Please, how old are u?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by thankgod460(m): 7:13am On Jan 23, 2013
No matter how the case may be she is fighting for her rigth but it is totally wroung to take d church of God to d court of law, I tink she suppose to call the attension of the pastor in charge of the parish.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Dzany(m): 8:02am On Jan 23, 2013
bunch of noise makers...............joyfull noise my foot!
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Dzany(m): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2013
thankgod460: No matter how the case may be she is fighting for her rigth but it is totally wroung to take d church of God to d court of law, I tink she suppose to call the attension of the pastor in charge of the parish.
.................................... .......do you think these so called ''men of God'' are considerate of their neighbours?.........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Challenges Of Getting Married To A Strict Christian / Former Pope Benedict XVI Dies At His Vatican Residence, Aged 95 / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.