Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,758 members, 7,806,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution (31762 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by moneyhungry(m): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
f*ck religion. but fear GOD.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by IYANGBALI: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
chakula:

If you did not come in defence of your religion who else will represent you.

The case is very simple if the man was there before the church then he has the right to fight for his right and if it was happened that the church was there before him then he can relocate to the silence area simple.
why should she relocate?must they disturb the peace of people living around them?before you start writing shiit be informed that I am a christain.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by freshdew: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bawss1: The admonition by the Lord Christ for prayer to be done quietly has no place in today's Christianity. Its all about making a joyful noise and shouting down the devil with the microphone at the max.
VISIT A KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES or dia ASSEMBLY HALLS-a people so well organized.

6 Likes

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by xakjustice(m): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
she doz d right thing KUDOS MA
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Okijajuju1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
NICE!!

She should have done what I would do which is to buy a shiitload of loudspeakers, mount it on my fence pointing directly into the church and play some kinky p0rn video at the loudest volume..

Two months later, the Church will put up the land for sale.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
Good one, we have peace at home cos we do not let all these mosquito church build near us and when the big ones like redeem come, we know how to deal with them.

I even think there should be parks like industrial parks for churches where they can go and make all the noise without disturbing residential areas.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by kmuf4: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
binger: Haha! I don't blame her sha...these loudspeakers they use in binding their enemies can be ear deafening.

U don't ve to shout before God hear ur prayers.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by nagoma(m): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Tagged:
East Africa•Kenya

Email Print Share Kenya: New Law to Silence Noise Makers
By Abiud Ochieng', 19 November 2009 Related Topics;
Kenya: Nairobi — Street preachers, touts and those who promote or sell anything by shouting are some of the people put on notice by a new environmental regulation set to come into force on Sunday.

Intended to control noise pollution, the Noise and Excessive Vibration Pollution (Control) Regulations, 2009, will ensure that no one makes any loud and unreasonable noise that disturbs or endangers the comfort and safety of others and the environment.

[b][/b]
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by begwong: 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
ifihearam:

This guy is a religious bigot,what's interesting here,if it were a mosque will you open a thread like this? Just be careful and don't let my path cross with yours bringing to view all the unneccessary bans I have gotten from you for being an apostle of truth.
No mind am..If he isnt a bigot i dont know what concerns him with christian related threads to the point of being the one fronting it to the Front page!
Worst of all,his recent post on islam threads are with caution thus:To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by kmuf4: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
ignis: Am sure she is just seeking for cheap popularity.

Try living close to either church or mosque , u will know its a serious problem.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by nagoma(m): 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
begwong:
No mind am..If he isnt a bigot i dont know what concerns him with christian related threads to the point of being the one fronting it to the Front page!
Worst of all,his recent post on islam threads are with caution thus:To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

Noise pollution is dangerous to health no matter where it comes from. In Kenya now you cannot blare your car horn without real reason and street trading is done in low sensible tones. loud parties can lead to arrest and prosecution. Churches and mosques are not exempted. Many people have been arrested and convicted. This happens in many countries with progressive minds as leaders.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by nagoma(m): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
IYA NGBALI: why should she relocate?must they disturb the peace of people living around them?before you start writing shiit be informed that I am a christain.

She knows the kind of shiit christians churn out on NL.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
kmuf4:

Try living close to either church or mosque , u will know its a serious problem.

True
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Bella3(f): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
nagoma:

Noise pollution is dangerous to health no matter where it comes from. In Kenya now you cannot blare your car horn without real reason and street trading is done in low sensible tones. loud parties can lead to arrest and prosecution. Churches and mosques are not exempted. Many people have been arrested and convicted. This happens in many countries with progressive minds as leaders.
THANK YOU FOR BEING HONEST.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
It's not just the churches and mosques... Nigerians are generally very noisy, boisterous, lawless people. If not how would you explain the annoying fuji/juju music being blared at our motor parks?

This is another reason why strong laws are needed to curtail our excesses. Too many Nigerians are uncivilized and need to be whipped in line.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by mko2005: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
toba: SMH. what's the lesson? they've both resorted to amicable settlement and Judgement pronounced based on the parties' amicable settlement as far back as 2012.

Is this thread meant to ridicule or what?

Parties were urged to bear their respective obligations under the settlement terms. Since there's no breach of agreement, what's the issue?
The devil has made it a Job for some to always have an itchy ear for negative news concerning the church of God.Some do it ignorantly but others are oblivious of... what they do !But i tell us,even since the days of John the baptist,the kingdom of God suffereth violence.... The church has always been persecuted by the world but God is our strength ! Concerning noise pollution,i also think it's not proper to disturb pple around you who does not understand what you do or say ! Thank God for the Judgement passed.
THE CHURCH OF GOD WILL CONTINUE TO MATCH ON AND THE GATES OF HADES SHALL NOT PREVAIL.
God bless us

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Ifebazz(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
chakula:

If you did not come in defence of your religion who else will represent you.

The case is very simple if the man was there before the church then he has the right to fight for his right and if it was happened that the church was there before him then he can relocate to the silence area simple.
You talk so 'simply'. Hope you're not this simple in all areas of your life. How can someone move elsewhere because the church was there before him? In a residential area? Is that how simple you are? Churches & Mosques should be sanctioned not just for noise pollution but also trafic obstructions(especially that same RCCG). Its becoming something else, if God was that noisy, He would've made all of us deaf. Again if God wanted people to defend Him or His religion, He would've made humans with horns & claws & fangs. So stop 'simply'defending religion, its not wise & gets anybody nowhere.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by confusion247(m): 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
justaqad:

if you reside in south western Nigeria,then fear not... drag them to court if they disturb ya peace..shikena
What will you suggest if he is in the north?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by mko2005: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
blink182: Good one, we have peace at home cos we do not let all these mosquito church build near us and when the big ones like redeem come, we know how to deal with them.

I even think there should be parks like industrial parks for churches where they can go and make all the noise without disturbing residential areas.
The issue shouldn't be to attack churches but to address the issue of Noise !
We have tank farms(Petroleum storage facilities)all over our residential buildings and no one cares ! If there is a law today banning churches withing and around residential buildings,the church have got no choice but to submit to the authorities or civil laws where they find themselves so long as it does not contradict the word of the ALMIGHTY GOD
God help us
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Dansy(f): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
The church is close to my church, the old woman is just too troublesome. I have seen the old woman several time.The old woman is too aggressive.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by confusion247(m): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Chanchit:

U knw wetin them dey call tabatiada or hontu, if them unleash am for u, the noise go sweet for ur ear.
Why will they unleash such to him? I thought islam is a religion of piss sorry peace
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by nagoma(m): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
HNosegbe: It's not just the churches and mosques... Nigerians are generally very noisy, boisterous, lawless people. If not how would you explain the annoying fuji/juju music being blared at our motor parks?
This is another reason why strong laws are needed to curtail our excesses. Too many Nigerians are uncivilized and need to be whipped in line.

And if you mention Buhari the bigots will write the next 17 pages insulting you.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by nagoma(m): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
HNosegbe: It's not just the churches and mosques... Nigerians are generally very noisy, boisterous, lawless people. If not how would you explain the annoying fuji/juju music being blared at our motor parks?

And if you mention Buhari the bigots will write the next 17 pages insulting you and your family.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Paschal007: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: 79-Year-Old Woman Drags Redeemed Church To Court Over Noise Pollution

An Ikeja High Court, Lagos, has urged the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Chapel of Victory, Ikeja, Lagos, to maintain “zero noise pollution” while conducting its religious programmes.

A 79-year-old neighbour, Mrs. Esther Ogunsalu, whose residence shares a common fence with the church located on 4, Sogunle Street, Abule Onigbagbo Estate, off Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos, had dragged the church before the court for disturbing her peace.

Ogunsalu, in the case with suit no LD/1336/2011 filed before Justice Aishat Opesanwo, said the noise emanating from the church prevents her from sleeping, adding that it also “triggers her hypertensive heart disease.”

She asked the court to declare that the continuous occupation and use of the premises as a place of worship “contravenes the building and town planning regulations of Lagos State.”

However, Opesanwo referred both parties to the Multi-Door Courthouse, Igbosere, Lagos, for mediation.

At the Multi-Door Courthouse, the parties adopted a term of settlement dated November 7, 2012 which was signed by the church’s pastor, Dapo Morawo, and Ogunsalu alongside her lawyer, Mr. Dan Kizito, in the presence of a mediator, identified as Mr. Dosunmu.

The terms of settlement obtained by our correspondent on Monday stated, “That in the interest of peace and justice, parties have agreed to make peace and that the first respondent (owner and trustees of the RCCG) and the second respondent (Morawo) will maintain a zero noise pollution in accordance with Lagos State regulations and laws.”

At the resumed hearing of the case, Justice Opesanwo said since the parties had agreed to an amicable resolution of the dispute, the court would adopt the terms of settlement as its judgment.

“The said terms of settlement have been duly examined. I hereby adopt and pronounce it as the judgment of this court. Parties are urged to bear their respective obligations under the settlement terms,” Opesanwo said.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/01/79-year-old-woman-drags-redeemed-church-to-court-over-noise-pollution.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
maclatunji: 79-Year-Old Woman Drags Redeemed Church To Court Over Noise Pollution

An Ikeja High Court, Lagos, has urged the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Chapel of Victory, Ikeja, Lagos, to maintain “zero noise pollution” while conducting its religious programmes.

A 79-year-old neighbour, Mrs. Esther Ogunsalu, whose residence shares a common fence with the church located on 4, Sogunle Street, Abule Onigbagbo Estate, off Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos, had dragged the church before the court for disturbing her peace.

Ogunsalu, in the case with suit no LD/1336/2011 filed before Justice Aishat Opesanwo, said the noise emanating from the church prevents her from sleeping, adding that it also “triggers her hypertensive heart disease.”

She asked the court to declare that the continuous occupation and use of the premises as a place of worship “contravenes the building and town planning regulations of Lagos State.”

However, Opesanwo referred both parties to the Multi-Door Courthouse, Igbosere, Lagos, for mediation.

At the Multi-Door Courthouse, the parties adopted a term of settlement dated November 7, 2012 which was signed by the church’s pastor, Dapo Morawo, and Ogunsalu alongside her lawyer, Mr. Dan Kizito, in the presence of a mediator, identified as Mr. Dosunmu.

The terms of settlement obtained by our correspondent on Monday stated, “That in the interest of peace and justice, parties have agreed to make peace and that the first respondent (owner and trustees of the RCCG) and the second respondent (Morawo) will maintain a zero noise pollution in accordance with Lagos State regulations and laws.”

At the resumed hearing of the case, Justice Opesanwo said since the parties had agreed to an amicable resolution of the dispute, the court would adopt the terms of settlement as its judgment.

“The said terms of settlement have been duly examined. I hereby adopt and pronounce it as the judgment of this court. Parties are urged to bear their respective obligations under the settlement terms,” Opesanwo said.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/01/79-year-old-woman-drags-redeemed-church-to-court-over-noise-pollution.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Presiding Judge nah Muslim? She better be careful be she mysteriously disappears. That church nah mr President church.

#PDPthings
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by confusion247(m): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Dansy: The church is close to my church, the old woman is just too troublesome. I have seen the old woman several time.The old woman is too aggressive.
Oh ....you mean your church is also involved in the disturbance but not included in the suit? That means the woman still have an outstanding battle to take care of.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by talk2me006(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: Very interesting... Places of worship should learn to respect other peoples ears...
Speaking of which.. I should probably drag the mosque near my house to court bt for my safety.

daughter of gods.
till now, u havnt change for gud.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by naptu2: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Since 2006 the Lagos State Government has shut down churches, mosques, bars, etc for exceeding the legal limit (52 decibels). Unfortunately, whenever the issue comes up on nairaland, some accuse the authorities of being sectional.

I know a street at Anthony Village where the residents association decided to ban all mosques, churches and dogs, because they previously had two churches and a mosque that seemed to be competing to determine who can make the most noise.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Shadydamsel(f): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
i wonder if it is only churches dat makes noise in d environment. What about Mosque, dat prays 5 time daily. As early as 5am u will start hearing noises. Letz not be prejudice. d old woman dat should be even praying for herself because she is closer to d grave self is complaining.....
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
i should drag the church near my house to court...on my way ....
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by mko2005: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ifebazz:
You talk so 'simply'. Hope you're not this simple in all areas of your life. How can someone move elsewhere because the church was there before him? In a residential area? Is that how simple you are? Churches & Mosques should be sanctioned not just for noise pollution but also trafic obstructions(especially that same RCCG). Its becoming something else, if God was that noisy, He would've made all of us deaf. Again if God wanted people to defend Him or His religion, He would've made humans with horns & claws & fangs. So stop 'simply'defending religion, its not wise & gets anybody nowhere.
RCCG regarding trafic along Lagos Ibadan Express way does not organise their programmes(Holy Ghost Congress/Holy Ghost services) on the road. But it's just that their property is along the road and because of the influx of worshipers thronging to the venue almost at the same time,hence the grid lock we notice during these period.On that one,pls leave them alone becos i understand that they have got lots of space inside that is why the cars belonging to the worshippers don't pack on the road along the Express way.
Concerning whether God is noisy or not all depends on whether if you understand God! If i speak and you do not understand,it may be considered to be noise ! But if you understand,you will sure appreciate my presence around you. God can appear noisy to you but makes so much sense/understanding to me.At some points HIS voice was like that of a roaring thunder and at some other point,it may be as calm as the still waters.
2 Samuel 22:14 The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded.
Concerning the church emitting noise that affects her neighbors,i think it should be looked into because not every one believes in what you believe!
God bless us
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Lakayana: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
ignis: Am sure she is just seeking for cheap popularity.
Big fool.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Kassidy90(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Maybe its time to sue the church beside my house, the most annoying thing apart from the noise is that u cnt even gain anything from the pastor's preaching every time he keeps shouting fire! Unlike another church behind my old man's house I always fall in love with the pastor's preaching every time I visit my dad even though am a muslim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon / Former Pope Benedict XVI Dies At His Vatican Residence, Aged 95

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.