Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will (18271 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by lekanolas: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye yesterday described same sex marriage legalised in some countries as anathema to God’s will and instruction.

Adeboye, who spoke at the New Year thanksgiving organised by the Joint Christian Mission of the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, described same sex marriage as anti- God and ungodly.

The cleric condemned the act, which, he said, could draw backward the biblical doctrinal principle of God in humanity.

He said: “People should walk in the light of God and forsake acts that are traceable to darkness. Darkness is bad, it is evil. It produces poverty, hatred, sorrow, barenness and loneliness, but light produces love, peace, joy, promotion and faithfulness.

“Darkness is capable of wrecking havoc in the country, and Nigerian leaders should try to shun acts of darkness in 2013 for the nation to enjoy peace.”

The GO added that the will of God for human being is to be fruitful, replenish and multiply on earth and argued that same sex marriage was capable of wiping out human race within just 20 years.

Adeboye said anything contrary to man and woman marriage was devilish. He said: “Same sex marriage is anathema to God’s will and instruction.

The will of God for human being is to be fruitful, replenish and multiply on earth and anything contrary to that is devilish.”

“How can a man who marries a fellow man produce a child and how can a woman who marries a woman produce a child? “If this evil is allowed to stay, there will not be new born babies again in the world.

As the older generation dies, would there be new generation to succeed? Even plants and animals have new generation to succeed them.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/same-sex-marriage-against-gods-will-adeboye

21 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by chakula: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
lekanolas:
Adeboye said anything contrary to man and woman marriage was devilish. He said: “Same sex marriage is anathema to God’s will and instruction.

The will of God for human being is to be fruitful, replenish and multiply on earth and anything contrary to that is devilish.”

“How can a man who marries a fellow man produce a child and how can a woman who marries a woman produce a child? “If this evil is allowed to stay, there will not be new born babies again in the world.

As the older generation dies, would there be new generation to succeed? Even plants and animals have new generation to succeed them.”

I beg help me and educate those behind this bad act if people are truly respected God they will not go against His Commendments. For those who are happy and supporting this bad deed then they should be ready for destroying our generation in the future.

Take example from a he-goat we all know how good he is when its comes to sex but he will never for once try to become a gay. Please people should stand against this develish act and do what was decreed by God Almighty period.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by tchaik(m): 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
“How can a man who marries a fellow man produce a child and how can a woman who marries a woman produce a child? “If this evil is allowed to stay, there will not be new born babies again in the world

Man + Man = Extinction
Woman + Woman = Extinction

grin grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
And this is the man with PhD in applied mathematics? Dem dash am the degree or was it honorary?

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Heathen(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
If its against his will then why is it happening?

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
Heathen: If its against his will then why is it happening?

because humans don't really care what god's will is. I think god is depressed.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
Heathen: If its against his will then why is it happening?
because there's a day of reckoning.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
The statements of this pastor while ignorant are the sorts of things one comes to expect from faithheads.

lekanolas: The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye yesterday described same sex marriage legalised in some countries as anathema to God’s will and instruction.

Of course the same God who didn't think slavery and child sacrifice were anathema.

lekanolas:
Adeboye, who spoke at the New Year thanksgiving organised by the Joint Christian Mission of the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, described same sex marriage as anti- God and ungodly.

The cleric condemned the act, which, he said, could draw backward the biblical doctrinal principle of God in humanity.

He said: “People should walk in the light of God and forsake acts that are traceable to darkness. Darkness is bad, it is evil. It produces poverty, hatred, sorrow, barenness and loneliness, but light produces love, peace, joy, promotion and faithfulness.

For some reason, the things that darkness produces are very abundant in Nigeria where his prayers haven't really been helping.

lekanolas:
“Darkness is capable of wrecking havoc in the country, and Nigerian leaders should try to shun acts of darkness in 2013 for the nation to enjoy peace.”

The GO added that the will of God for human being is to be fruitful, replenish and multiply on earth and argued that same sex marriage was capable of wiping out human race within just 20 years.

The multiple levels of ignorance implied by this statement is staggering. Where does he think homosexual people come from? Why does he think that if homosexuals are free to get married, they will somehow magically make everyone else homosexual. And does he think that producing children is the only purpose of marriage?

These statements make no sense but he goes to a university to say it. I only hope that critical thinkers in that university were able to counter those statements.

12 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Kay17: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Why should that affect secular laws??

Besides wouldn't overpopulation be dangerous for our modern society?!

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Unfortunately, OAU examinations are either around the corner or already ongoing...

Fortunatey, the Holy Spirit's more concerned about the private lives of the students..

Daddy GO, homosexuals vs GEJ, who's responsible for the darkness in your country? The darkness, in all ramifications of the word, that you profit from?

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by SamMilla1(m): 12:11am On Jan 23, 2013
This old thief never gets tired of confusing Nigerians. If Pepple use money they give him to pay PHCN bills when due, darkness will vanish .
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 8:55am On Jan 23, 2013
Sam Milla: This old thief never gets tired of confusing Nigerians. If Pepple use money they give him to pay PHCN bills when due, darkness will vanish .
did he steal from you or confuse you or you're just increasing your number of posts on nl?

17 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by SamMilla1(m): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
did he steal from you or confuse you or you're just increasing your number of posts on nl?

I now know that every thief must steal from me before i can call him a thief.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 23, 2013
Sam Milla:

The guy just dey fynd lyks from sheeple...
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2013
Sam Milla:

you should have answered the question. so he didn't steal from you, tell us who he stole from then. and did he confuse you? Talk is cheap like you're proving, let's give it a little more value.

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Yooguyz: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2013
lekanolas: The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye yesterday described same sex marriage legalised in some countries as anathema to God’s will and instruction.

while am not in support of same-sex marriage, i also think pastors should show and preach love and tolerance towards the LGBT population.
Rev Adeboye is an anointed man of God, if he wants to win the erring nations and people to God, more emphasis should be on love. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2013
Like I'd say, no gay in Nigeria is advocating for marriage rights. Meanwhile, maybe the gays are here to help with the population control of the world grin .
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by okeyxyz(m): 11:13am On Jan 23, 2013
Yooguyz: while am not in support of same-sex marriage, i also think pastors should show and preach love and tolerance towards the LGBT population.
Rev Adeboye is an anointed man of God, if he wants to win the erring nations and people to God, more emphasis should be on love. Thanks

This is pure secular thinking, not christian. While Adeboye's logic doesn't add-up to me but your proposal is even worse, being a secular cunningness to "homos.exualize" christianity. What is love? If you love A more than B, it means you prefer A to B, that is the definition of christian love. Love has nothing to do with embracing what you know to be wrong and "sinfull". If non-christians want to have same-sex marriage and they can get enough support to change the constitution, then good for them, but proposing that christian doctrine should be changed to love\celebrate homos.exuality is the real evil. christian doctrine commands to keep your secular lives separate from your spiritual lives, not "marry" them together which is what you seem to be suggesting by saying we overlook issues of homose.xuality and focus on "love". When a christian institution seeks to conform to homos.exual values so that it may be liked\validated by popular culture, just like the Anglican Church(and I'm assuming they are christian) is doing, then it seizes to be christian.

12 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2013
okeyxyz:

This is pure secular thinking, not christian. While Adeboye's logic doesn't add-up to me but your proposal is even worse, being a secular cunningness to "homos.exualize" christianity. What is love? If you love A more than B, it means you prefer A to B, that is the definition of christian love. Love has nothing to do with embracing what you know to be wrong and "sinfull". If non-christians want to have same-sex marriage and they can get enough support to change the constitution, then good for them, but proposing that christian doctrine should be changed to love\celebrate homos.exuality is the real evil. christian doctrine commands to keep your secular lives separate from your spiritual lives, not "marry" them together which is what you seem to be suggesting by saying we overlook issues of homose.xuality and focus on "love". When a christian institution seeks to conform to homos.exual values so that it may be liked\validated by popular culture, just like the Anglican Church(and I'm assuming they are christian) is doing, then it seizes to be christian.

Imagine how gay christians feel when they read this type of opinion from their fellow christians.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by okeyxyz(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

Imagine how gay christians feel when they read this type of opinion from their fellow christians.

Christianity is hard. It is not easy, It is not meant to appeal to our human sentiments and anybody who believes otherwise, like I'd said before, You don't need to be christian if what you are looking for is comfort in your own sentiments. Christianity is not secular, though it respects secularity but keeps it outside of doctrine(ie: for non-christians). The new-testament is replete with these emphasis.

And if your right hand(If what appeals or seems right to you) causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell(Matthew 5:30).

16 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 11:34am On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

there is nothing like a gay Christian. a Christian cannot be gay. it's either light or darkness, they don't go together.

29 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Yooguyz: 11:49am On Jan 23, 2013
okeyxyz:

go straight to the point and outline them i can't understand what you wrote i have a feeling you are misunderstood my post
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Yooguyz: 11:52am On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
there is nothing like a gay Christian. a Christian cannot be gay. it's either light or darkness, they don't go together.
yes there's no such thing as a gay xtain but if striktlymi had told me you wrote this i would have swore with my grand mothers grave that you didn't
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 11:56am On Jan 23, 2013
Yooguyz: yes there's no such thing as a gay xtain but if striktlymi had told me you wrote this i would have swore with my grand mothers grave that you didn't
swear not mr. let your yes be yes, and your no no.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Heatblast(m): 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Firstly, everybody can't be gay. Never can such happen. Infact the worlds gay population at any moment would always be less than 1%(that's just me guessing). So there is no need to worry about the human multiplication

Secondly, the way xtians pick on gays is getting annoying, you hardly see them talking about greed/coruption as the main cause of 'darkness' in the society They'll always rather pick on the minority. Talking about 'sins', like fornication, coruption, greed etc are not also big sins too. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Yooguyz: 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
swear not mr. let your yes be yes, and your no no.
that was exactly the point i was trying to pass across
your views on my first thread and this thread are diverging
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 12:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yooguyz: that was exactly the point i was trying to pass across
your views on my first thread and this thread are diverging
sorry, what thread was that, and what were my views?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Bella3(f): 12:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
Erm... Wouldnt enforcing your veiws on them be the same as forcing your religion on them? That would be against human rights?

Christianity is nt by force, let the gays live their lifes.
The only thing wrong is using the bible to justify their claims.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Yooguyz: 12:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
Heatblast: Firstly, everybody can't be gay. Never can such happen. Infact the worlds gay population at any moment would always be less than 1%(that's just me guessing). So there is no need to worry about the human multiplication

Secondly, the way xtians pick on gays is getting annoying, you hardly see them talking about greed/coruption as the main cause of 'darkness' in the society They'll always rather pick on the minority. Talking about sins like fornication, coruption, greed etc are not also big sins too. Smh
i agree with you 100% but i have to point out something gay is an identity, when some1 who have samesex feelings decides to come up openly about his desires and act on them, he is gay. You can have samesex feelings but it doesn't make you gay
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 12:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: Erm... Wouldnt enforcing your veiws on them be the same as forcing your religion on them? That would be against human rights?

Christianity is nt by force, let the gays live their lifes.
The only thing wrong is using the bible to justify their claims.
let the gays live their lives, and the r.apists and the thieves and the drunks. Christmas is not by force, even christianity.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Yooguyz: 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
sorry, what thread was that, and what were my views?
the thread may have been removed.
Http/: am-a-guy-having-feelings-for-other-guys-help!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yooguyz: i agree with you 100% but i have to point out something gay is an identity, when some1 who have samesex feelings decides to come up openly about his desires and act on them, he is gay. You can have samesex feelings but it doesn't make you gay
samesex feelings? Should we be ruled by our feelings? should a human act on his stalinic feelings, or feelings of robbery, or murder, or adultery, or r.ape?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Question For Tithe Payers / 'Thank You Lord' By Paul Enenche: Glory Dome Docu-Music Video / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.