Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! (1624 Views)

How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer And Drives. / How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard / How To Remove Write Protection From Computer/flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! by buzzgonz(m): 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2008
Check This Out!

If you are getting problematic with those scratches in your favorite CDs or DVDs, you might want to try out removing the CD/DVD scratches using a toothpaste. Yep, that colgate toothpaste you use when you brush your teeth. I learned about this trick from a post at listikal.com.

Here are the steps on how you can remove CD/DVD scratches using your toothpaste:

1. Get the right toothpaste. Before you start to actually put the toothpaste in your CD, make sure that you are using the right toothpaste. Spare those “toothpastes with crystals” for your teeth because they might worsen the condition of the CD. The white classic toothpaste will be best e.g (malclean).

2. Smear the toothpaste throughout your scratched CD or DVD

3. Remove the toothpaste from your disk by rinsing it off in running water

4. Dry your disk using a soft, clean cloth

Important: this process might worsen your CD’s condition so make sure that you try out the process first using those CDs you intend to junk.
Re: How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! by mmonwuba(m): 11:08pm On Mar 05, 2008
sir it does not remove the scrathes. it only removes strong dirt from the surface of the cd.
Re: How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! by buzzgonz(m): 12:04am On Mar 06, 2008
Really,i haven't try the xperience yet,just got the stuff online and i decide to share it up here!
Re: How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! by hayprof(m): 10:36am On Mar 06, 2008
mmonwuba:

sir it does not remove the scrathes. it only removes strong dirt from the surface of the cd.

:Was wondering hw scratches* will just zoom off using toothpaste, :

Well, its a Good resource though, *It removes dirts from Disc surface*

cool cool
Re: How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! by omolola200: 11:23am On Mar 06, 2008
fellow nairaland, pls I want to know how I can restrict unauthorised access to my CD ROM Drive without removing the CD Drive from my sytem
Re: How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! by Psoul(m): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2008
omolola200:

fellow nairaland, please I want to know how I can restrict unauthorised access to my CD ROM Drive without removing the CD Drive from my sytem

Pls send dat a a new Topic and not as a reply
Re: How To Remove Cd/dvd Scratches Using A Toothpaste! by ahmadgulam(m): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2008
My sysytem is writing 510 splsh screen curropt run ROMpaq to restro to defult .
please any idea

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed On How To Install Mtnfastlink On Ubuntu Please / Browsing Freely On My Laptop / Hp 15 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.