Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa (23054 Views)

African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / How Much Do I Need As Bta To Enetr Uk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by jookco(m): 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2008
Please people advice me, how much does my friend need have in cash to certify the Immigration Authorities in the USA port of entry that I'm comming for business.

My friend is going to USA for the first time , could some one tell me how he can start life there as an ungraduate , my guy don't have any relative in the US ,
Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by PapaBrowne(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2008
Nah, BTA don't matter these days. Most transactions are electronic or plastic based.Bta don't matter.
Infact, the less the better.You go in with more than 10k dollars and your cash can be siezed.
Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by uspry1(f): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2008
@poster
I am sorry that I cannot answer to your question how much your friend need to bring cash entering to the USA like @his_grace has said it.

Do your homework checking with international immigrant port entry to find out the monetary limit before entering any country. Every foreigners are required to report special port entry both country entrance and departure.

Your friend should know about how much to support himself with granted US student visa and approved university enrollment covering everything: books, room/board, transportation, clothes, meals, etc either 2-years or 4-years college/university. While your friend will not allow obtaining any jobs while enrolling college except for inside college jobs. If not room/board, he decides to live off-campus university, your friend needs to know about the one-year apartment lease cost, all utilities costs, internet/phone bills etc at his own expenses.

If your friend or you plan to buy car with your valid driver license, you also need to buy car insurce to protect your car as well as yourself in case of accident. It is US law! If you get car accident and do not have car insurance, the US police will give a ticket for you go either going to the court paying the fine or going jail! You cannot bribe US police, you go jail for that!

In the US, every states are different cost of living expense---not the same to all 50 states!!!

For yourself as B2 business visa entering USA, you also need to know about US tax procedures you are required to file every year as well as defraying all your cost of living expenses where will you stay at your own expenses.

Good luck!!!
Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by kenflipper(m): 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2008
1. Ask your friend to fly in through Atlanta Georgia.
2. Ensure your friend has made previous hotel reservations or has at least a name of a hotel in Atlanta where he will reside as he will need to state his abode on his arrival card.
3, From $1,500 upwards. However make sure u read ur arrival card, if you are holding more than necessary pls declear it.
4. Make sure you have no African foods, fish etc, so u wont need to go thro' customer declaration. Those guys are smart at their Jobs.
Immigration protocols at Atlanta are always better for first timers. Also dont be nervous and dont smile unecessarily nor frawn either let ur face be like this smiley .

The rest you will learn about when you get here, GOOD LUCK!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by princeonx: 11:47pm On Mar 04, 2008
@jookco:

You question is kind of confusing but what I get out of it is that your friend got a business visa (B1/B2) but he intend to start school when he gets here! (i.e holidays/business to holiyears) all the same,

First of all your friend must have proved to have enough money for business and his whole stay here before he was issued a business visa, now its left for him to prove that that money has been transffered to another account here in the US (tranffer reciept) or if he's coming into the country with the money cash (for the intended business).
Once he has a business visa and contacts of the company he's doing business with, he can go through the immigration with $100m if he has it in cash! YES you heard me! without any problem. They'll give him some forms to file which will include his foriegn info. and info about him while here in the US.
*info. of the company his doing business with, address while here in US, US account if any, intended date of depature with an I-94 depature record, he'll also be fingerprinted.
Once all that is done, he'll be admitted into the US with no problem.

Secondly, your friend will not be able to attend any school here with a B visa. He'll need to apply for a student visa which might take up to 90days to process if everything went fine.
He'll apply for a school, take the placement test, get an admission, pay the school fees, and then apply for a visa with the admission letter and i-20 from the school. He'll also need an affidavit of support from a US citizen as his sponsor to do all that.

Finally, tell your friend that B visa or F-1 student visa does not allow him to engage in any form of employment here in the US unless his sponsor lost his job or die. He can only work for 20hours or less inside the school only and when any job is available. If him finish all that, na iyawo him go find! tell say good luck!
Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by jookco(m): 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2008
So tell me how can he fly from Nigeria Diorect to Atlanta , do you have any airline that fly Atlanta direct
Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by kenflipper(m): 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2008
Delta airlines goes to Atlanta.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by jookco(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2008
I see I can not book delta airlines online , must I go to their office in Lagos

1 Like

Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by princeonx: 5:27am On Mar 08, 2008
Thats how you guys get yourself in trouble! I remember when I came here about a decade ago, I bought a ticket to the same city and states where my I.V said I was going/coming for conference meeting eventhough I didn't know a single soul in that city. The other two guys bought a cheaper ticket to N/Y cux it was about $400 or so cheaper, they got here on a tuesday and back to Nigeria on a thursday. One of them didn't even remember the city or state where the event was surpose to be.
Tell you friend to buy a ticket to the same city where he claim to be going for his business! if possible visit the company, get some magazines, price list, or something from them! no be must say you must buy anything! do naija style! (I dey go bring money  grin). Him fit stay a day or two in a hotel before him make some contact!
Why will he fly to Atlanta if the company he claim to be doing business with is in Cali or TX? it will be a diff thing if he know people there! he can claim to be visiting some friends/family for a day or two but this your guy no know anybody for here!

Like they say, the speaker will say his mind and the doer will do his mind! I don talk my own Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by jookco(m): 7:24am On Mar 08, 2008
thanks prince, but no direct flight to north carolina from lagos, because he is visiting a business company in NC, what do you sudgest he do?
Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by princeonx: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2008
Pls Jookco don't make this whole thing harder than it really is! As of today to my knowledge, there's only about three states in the whole US with direct flight to nigeria (NY and Maryland with North American Airline, then Atlanta with Delta Airline).

Look like you're trying to book the ticket on line yourself? that might be a little tough for you since you're looking for a direct flight. Go to a travel agent and book/buy your ticket! you might pay more but they'll get you something that will take you to NC with some connections! (maybe one connection in Europe, then one or two connections here in US) but last last you go end up for NC!

1 Like

Re: How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa by Dayormuu242: 6:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
Please how much bta is the minimum that I need to hold when traveling to Romania,please anybody with help?

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Government Declares Free Transportation Within The State From December 1 / What To Know About Ibom Industrial City & Ibom Motors City...video & Photos / Governor Sanwo-Olu And The Zero Tolerance For Portholes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.