Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. (20262 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by cyrexx: 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
1 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of Gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

2 - You feel insulted and"dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

3 - You laugh at polytheists (those who believe in many Gods), but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

4 - You feel disgust when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

5 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that worships humans as avatars, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

6 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established facts, e.g. age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

7 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most"tolerant" and "loving."

8 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some crazy people rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove"Christianity.

9 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

10 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a christian.

28 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Bella3(f): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ha! The obsession is gradualy growing.... Keep it up.

10 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by cyrexx: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: Ha! The obsession is gradualy growing.... Keep it up.
smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
1. Wrong. Outraged is not the right word to use.
2. Wrong. I don't feel any.
3. Wrong. 'Laugh' is also not the right expression.
4. What is in an attribute to begin with?
5. Wrong. 'Laugh' again?
6. This one is completely wrong. As a christain, I don't look for loopholes in science, but in my study of the sciences, I meet loopholes. They are two different things.
7. That's not what I belief. The word 'entire' without any reference , is utterly wrong.
8. How do you mean exactly?
9. And these statistics are from?
10. Lol. Anybody can know the bible, but not everyone can practise its teachings on being christain.

57 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
10- I definitely agree with... cheesy
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 8:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
cyrexx: 10 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a christian.
So you actually think Christians know a lot less than many atheists about the Bible &c? I believe you flatter yourself. You know nothing about God's purposes. And yes, unless you believe that Jesus is He, you will die.

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
So you actually think Christians know a lot less than many atheists about the Bible &c? I believe you flatter yourself. You know nothing about God's purposes. And yes, unless you believe that Jesus is He, you will die.

Sharaap!

Number 10 is my favourite. The best in the list!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Heatblast(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hahaha... All true grin cheesy wink
No1 reminds me of someone who was laughing at indians and calling them all sorts of names because they worship 'idols', animals and all sorts and I was like .. Atleast they can see their gods.. you can't see yours undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Heatblast(m): 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:

Yup.. I agree with him.. So many xtians don't even know about the crimes against humanity their 'all loving god' commited in the bible. all they know is what their pastors preach in church.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by plaetton: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:

Another comedian,
Another threat.
Cyrexx forgot to mention constant threats to life.

You mean that you have realized that anything that has life must also die? Death is the natural order of things, it is not a punishment.
Besides, what makes you think that to die is a bad thing, considering that Jesus, who supposedly died and came back to life, did not have negative complaints about it?.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: 10- I definitely agree with... cheesy
Is reading the bible the criteria for making heaven?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Is reading the bible the criteria for making heaven?

Anony has taught you to divert?

Who is talking about heaven here?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sharaap!

In your mind. I know the constitution of an organization, but I don't keep nor value them. Does that make one more enlightened than the adherents?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Heatblast: Hahaha... All true grin cheesy wink
No1 reminds me of someone who was laughing at indians and calling them all sorts of names because they worship 'idols', animals and all sorts and I was like .. Atleast they can see their gods.. you can't see yours undecided
The person is not christain.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Anony has taught you to divert?

Who is talking about heaven here?
Lol. You don't understand the symbolism right?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
plaetton: You mean that you have realized that anything that has life must also die? Death is the natural order of things, it is not a punishment.
Besides, what makes you think that to die is a bad thing, considering that Jesus, who supposedly died and came back to life, did not have negative complaints about it?.
At least you sound more coherent these days. Guess the English lessons are paying off. Why are you so hot under the collar about a simple statement of fact. Certainly you will all die. It's your guilt-ridden conscience that sees that as a threat.

Logicboy03:
Sharaap!

^
grin Here's my challenge then. Prove that you know more of God's Word than me. . .that's if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
[quote author=plaetton]

You mean that you have realized that anything that has life must also die? Death is the natural order of things, it is not a punishment.

How did MAN evolve to DIE ?

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
At least you sound more coherent these days. Guess the English lessons are paying off. Why are you so hot under the collar about a simple statement of fact. Certainly you will all die. It's your guilt-ridden conscience that sees that as a threat.

^
grin Here's my challenge then. Prove that you know more of God's Word than me. . .that's if you can.

I'm an ex-christian atheist and you're a christian.

That is enough proof that I know the bible more than you. If you have properly read the bible, you would know that the christian God can not exist without serious contradictions/paradoxes.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
frosbel: Did god create man to die?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
I'm an ex-christian atheist and you're a christian.
Yawn. . ."I am an ex-christian atheist". . .that's your proof? How laughable. Being an atheist only proves one thing. . .Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him. Pro 27:22

9 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
Yawn. . ."I am an ex-christian atheist". . .that's your proof? How laughable. Being an atheist only proves one thing. . .Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him. Pro 27:22

Seun, the onwer of this site, is an atheist. I dare you to follow your convictions and call him a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
Seun, the onwer of this site, is an atheist. I dare you to follow your convictions and call him a fool.
^ grin grin grin
Getting a tad emotional and losing it, aren't you? I thought atheists were supposed to be the paradigm and perfection of the evolutionary process. . .the acme of empirical reasoning and thus not so easily baited and emotionally manipulated.

All atheists are fools. . .The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. . .

32 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by plaetton: 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

What?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
^ grin grin grin
Getting a tad emotional and losing it, aren't you? I thought atheists were supposed to be the paradigm and perfection of the evolutionary process. . .the acme of empirical reasoning and thus not so easily baited and emotionally manipulated.

All atheists are fools
. . .The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. . .

lolololol. Emotional?

The hypocrisy of it all. All atheists are fools but you're on an atheist's website? You must truly be a bigger fool- addicted to a product of a fool.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

It will be wrong to call him a fool when in reality he doesn't act like one.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: It will be wrong to call him a fool when in reality he doesn't act like one.

All atheists are fools, arent they? Or have you remixed your stance and the bible?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Is reading the bible the criteria for making heaven?

Sly mofo... grin to what purpose are you diverting from the issue.. did Jesus not Study Scripture from a young age till adulthood.. all you sly foxes among the sheeple.. God go catch una one day grin grin grin

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

2 Peter 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,
^^
Why Majority of Christians fail to see Reason when their very Bible tells them to .. I wonder

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered, "It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."

Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

1 Timothy 4:13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

All atheists are fools, arent they? Or have you remixed your stance and the bible?
Please quote me the bible verse.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Sly mofo... grin to what purpose are you diverting from the issue.. did Jesus not Study Scripture from a young age till adulthood.. all you sly foxes among the sheeple.. God go catch una one day grin grin grin

^^
Why Majority of Christians fail to see Reason when their very Bible tells them to .. I wonder

I'm trying so hard to figure out the point you're making. Help me out.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Please quote me the bible verse.

You havent seen psalm 14;1 flying around? You mad?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: I'm trying so hard to figure out the point you're making. Help me out.

rather than honestly answer a question, you ask another question to invalidate the reason for the first question. @OP's point 10 is relevant to Modern Christianity.. Most Christian Folks don't just Study their Bibles anymore. and you ask if it is a criteria for making Heaven. now why would a Christian ask such a mute question? unless they are just being sly

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by cyrexx: 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus, will you for once try and make meaningful contribution to this thread and stop playing this anony-wannabe games by these silly questions you are asking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas / Pastor Asks Man To Sing A Love Song For His Wife, He Sang 'Up Jesus, Down Satan / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.