Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

War Looms In South America! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Looms In South America! (9062 Views)

Nigeria: Tribal War Looms In Edo State / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

War Looms In South America! by 4Play(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2008
South America was on the brink of war yesterday as Venezuela and Ecuador amassed troops on the Colombian border in response to the killing of a Marxist rebel leader.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez threatened to join the rebels in a war to overthrow hard-line Colombian President Alvaro Uribe, a key ally of the United States, deploying tanks, fighter jets and thousands of troops along the Colombian border.

Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa also ordered troops to the border, expelled Colombia's ambassador and recalled its ambassador to Bogota, but left its embassy open. Venezuela closed its embassy in Colombia and ordered all diplomats home.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080303/FOREIGN/933500764/1001

The USA could intervene says the Daily Mail

Venezuela threatened to declare war on neighbouring Colombia last night, raising the prospect of the U.S. being drawn into conflict in South America.

Venezuela's Left-wing president Hugo Chavez ordered ten tank battalions to the Colombian border and put war-planes under emergency stand-by.

The tension follows Colombia's decision to send its army to strike against anti-government guerrillas hiding in the jungles of Ecuador.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=524314&in_page_id=1811
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Him(m): 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2008
Where are the anti-Americans? grin This shld make them masturbate tonite.
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Play(m): 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2008
4Him:

Where are the anti-Americans? grin This shld make them masturbate tonight.

That is why I put up the thread.I like seeing them work themselves into an impotent frenzy. grin

Hugo Chavez has been "asking for trouble",his wish is going to be granted soon.
Re: War Looms In South America! by Afam(m): 7:47pm On Mar 03, 2008
4Him:

Where are the anti-Americans? grin This shld make them masturbate tonight.

And you imagine people do what you do at night? Get a life, get a girl friend or a wife.
Re: War Looms In South America! by JayFK(m): 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2008
Hugo Chavez is an idiot, he's not thinking about his country's interests. Even though I dont support the U.S in any way, Chavez is just being dumb and is looking for trouble, Im sure he feels confident because the war wont be fought on his soil but we all know the U.S is in the middle of a regime change and might not respond. Funny enough though it could be a tactic, draw the U.S into thousand of little wars, deplete their military a bit and leave them vulnerable at home.
Re: War Looms In South America! by Jairzinho(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2008
Chavez is just a cantankerous lout. Unfortunately he has 'democracy' behind him.

Good example of money-miss-road. sad
Re: War Looms In South America! by almondjoy(f): 12:40am On Mar 04, 2008
How is it different from what Israel is doing now in Gaza?  Abi una need links upon links for evidence? cheesy

4 Play:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080303/FOREIGN/933500764/1001

The USA could intervene says the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=524314&in_page_id=1811

Which US?  Why don't you send your Brits to intervene? undecided  I wish the US would mind their own business for once in it's nosey existence.  Like it does not have enough problems as it is?

Please send your EU stiffnecks to South America instead of suggesting that the US should intervene like your "Daily Mail"!
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Him(m): 12:47am On Mar 04, 2008
almondjoy:

How is it different from what Israel is doing now in Gaza? Abi una need links upon links for evidence? cheesy

yup . . . i knew one more blind "i-only-see-jewish-actions" fella was soon to come along! didnt have to wait that long grin
Re: War Looms In South America! by debosky(m): 12:49am On Mar 04, 2008
Chavez is a drunken monkey bent on becoming some 'world leader' simply because he has oil.

He won't cause any war, the people of Venezuela will not stand for it. His posturing and rants are to keep him relevant within the region and is no more than crying more than the bereaved. Ecuador whose territory was violated did not send any troops, but Chavez is more concerned than the 'victim' here. Its simply as a result of Uribe refusing to 'fall under the influence' of Chavez' oil backed leftist policies.

This has absolutely no parallels to Israel and Gaza - Colombia went in and killed a Colombian national on foreign soil, not an Ecuadorean or any foreign national. It is simply a case of pursuing your enemies wherever they may hide. The only 'mistake' by Colombia was not informing Ecuador prior to the attack, which may have allowed the rebel to escape. It is nothing more than a storm in a teacup. This same FARC rebels killed the president's father, they deserve to be killed on the moon if they are found there.

South Americans will NOT fight over this petty issue - everyone who knows Chavez knows he has a serious messianic complex and an overbloated sense of self importance - good thing he has oil money to feed those delusions. . .but he won't do anything more than make noise. Kudos to Uribe for showing FARC isn't as invincible as they seem.
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Play(m): 12:50am On Mar 04, 2008
@AJ

The pablum you spew sef,its shocking.Did the Daily Mail ask or propose that the US should intervene?You clearly haven't got the slightest clue on the topic.Wey those "okotiabo" threads wey you dey excel in? grin
Re: War Looms In South America! by TheSly: 12:54am On Mar 04, 2008

.Wey those "okotiabo" threads wey you dey excel in? grin
cheesy grin cheesy Lol . . .
Re: War Looms In South America! by almondjoy(f): 12:55am On Mar 04, 2008
This is for you david,

Go and "masturbate" with this one tonight.  Shey you want link? grin I have pleny to copy and paste too since that is what you guys do best. Learn to use your "heads" for a change! tongue

http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm

4 Play:

@AJ

The pablum you spew sef,its shocking.Did the Daily Mail ask or propose that the US should intervene?You clearly haven't got the slightest clue on the topic.Wey those "okotiabo" threads wey you dey excel in? grin

I know.  Like it takes a genius to figure out that the US will stick it's snorty nostrils in any part of the world that smells of "oil"? Who is going to read all that boring copy and paste nonsense you have up there? "Oboatioko" topics indeed!!! cheesy
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Play(m): 12:58am On Mar 04, 2008
almondjoy:

I know. Who is going to read all that copy and paste nonsense you have up there? "Oboatioko" topics indeed!!! cheesy

You dey make me laugh grin I no blame you,usually,I don't read before posting.Once I see the first and last posts on the thread,I click the reply button. grin
Re: War Looms In South America! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:01am On Mar 04, 2008
The pathetic dou of 4's!

@4 Play, your obvious attempt at obscuring the facts is typical of neocons like you. Why didn't you point out that Colombia breached internaional laws on the respect of international boundaries by crossing into Ecuador's border to conduct a military operation. Colombian officials, under pressure from numerous Latin American leaders, have apologized for the raid into a sovereign nation.

People like 4 Play and 4Him will still support America even if America bombs their villages in Nigeria and killed everybody in it. Na wa o!

So you want Ecuador and Venezuela to do nothing when it is obvious that the cabal of death in the White House which has possessed Uribe with their demons is doing all it can to cause chaos in that part of the world.

Why is America supporting Colombia's actions, which every sane person knows is a clear violation of the sovereignty of the nation of Ecuador? Why?
Re: War Looms In South America! by almondjoy(f): 1:03am On Mar 04, 2008
4 Play:

You dey make me laugh grin I no blame you,usually,I don't read before posting.Once I see the first and last posts on the thread,I click the reply button. grin

Hmmmmmmmmm!  Thank you!  At least all those "OBOK" topics do not need copy and paste links. Those ones come naturally with God-given talent.  Not all these ones you guys are researching and re-researching other peoples works, and still come out with flagrant "F"! Off I go jare to my natural habitat! cheesy grin cheesy

Sweet "OBOK" topics! grin
Re: War Looms In South America! by almondjoy(f): 1:05am On Mar 04, 2008
RichyBlacK:

The pathetic dou of 4's!

@4 Play, your obvious attempt at obscuring the facts is typical of neocons like you. Why didn't you point out that Colombia breached internaional laws on the respect of international boundaries by crossing into Ecuador's border to conduct a military operation. Colombian officials, under pressure from numerous Latin American leaders, have apologized for the raid into a sovereign nation.

People like 4 Play and 4Him will still support America even if America bombs their villages in Nigeria and killed everybody in it. Na wa o!

So you want Ecuador and Venezuela to do nothing when it is obvious that the cabal of death in the White House which has possessed Uribe with their demons is doing all it can to cause chaos in that part of the world.

Why is America supporting Colombia's actions, which every sane person knows is a clear violation of the sovereignty of the nation of Ecuador? Why?

Gooooooooooooooooooooooood! This is just what you guys need! Please welcome RichyBlack. Na you fit them well well! grin grin grin grin
Re: War Looms In South America! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:06am On Mar 04, 2008
debosky:

Chavez is a drunken monkey bent on becoming some 'world leader' simply because he has oil.

He won't cause any war, the people of Venezuela will not stand for it. His posturing and rants are to keep him relevant within the region and is no more than crying more than the bereaved. Ecuador whose territory was violated did not send any troops, but Chavez is more concerned than the 'victim' here. Its simply as a result of Uribe refusing to 'fall under the influence' of Chavez' oil backed leftist policies.

@debosky,

If you don't have your facts, please do not post lies. I know you sympathize with Colombia and all the other nations who deem it fit to violate international laws simply because they have weapons, but try to be objective, no matter how hard it is for you.

FYI, Ecuador has also sent thousands of soldiers to the Ecuador-Colombia border.
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Play(m): 1:06am On Mar 04, 2008
@RichyBlack

Learn to grasp basic grammar before replying.You obviously don't know what the term,neo-con,means.Keep flinging terms like a rabid ignoramus.

As for the issue,its quite clear Venezuela has no business in this matter.The question is whether Colombia has a right to intervene in a neighboring country aiding and abetting rebels fighting against the Colombian Govt.The clear answer is,yes!

If Chad was to host rebels in their territory who use Chad as a base to launch military offensives against Nigeria,Nigeria will be entitled to act.
Re: War Looms In South America! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:10am On Mar 04, 2008
almondjoy:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooood! This is just what you guys need! Please welcome RichyBlack. Na you fit them well well! grin grin grin grin

Almondo,

How far? Hope you're doing great!

Leave all this rightists. Their main problem is that they see international laws, particularly when it does not work in their favor, as merely an inconvenience. George Bush and Álvaro Uribe are familiar bedfellows. They share a common ideology, that which does not respect any laws that gets in their way of achieving their parochial goals.
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Him(m): 1:11am On Mar 04, 2008
almondjoy:

This is for you david,

Go and "masturbate" with this one tonight.  Shey you want link? grin I have pleny to copy and paste too since that is what you guys do best. Learn to use your "heads" for a change! tongue

u shld be ashamed of urself.  grin Posting a clip from a mideast website on an Israeli/palestinian conflict? Do you expect any shred of neutrality in that article that u probably didnt even bother to read before posting here to show that u have some tiny bit of knowledge?
Re: War Looms In South America! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:17am On Mar 04, 2008
4 Play:

@RichyBlack

Learn to grasp basic grammar before replying.You obviously don't know what the term,neo-con,means.Keep flinging terms like a rabid ignoramus.

As for the issue,its quite clear Venezuela has no business in this matter.The question is whether Colombia has a right to intervene in a neighboring country aiding and abetting rebels fighting against the Colombian Govt.The clear answer is,yes!

If Chad was to host rebels in their territory who use Chad as a base to launch military offensives against Nigeria,Nigeria will be entitled to act.

@4 Play,

You're just a plain old fool! So you're now unsure of international laws that respect the territorial integrity of nations? I repeat, you're just a plain old fool!

Even, Colombia has apologized for the illegal raid and you nonentity is here typing rubbish!

If it was Hamas that entered Israel to kill some Israeli soldiers, imbeciles like you would be nodding your heads in agreement that Israel's territorial integrity was violated.

Stop being a zombie to Western propaganda and start thinking for yourself.

Stop being a slave to the West and learn to challenge their policies when it is clearly wrong. Your mind is obviously twisted.
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Him(m): 1:19am On Mar 04, 2008
RichBlack, have u tried out Obama's somali outfit yet? You seem to find pleasure in bursting a vein over ur 60-yr old palestinian refugee cousins.
Re: War Looms In South America! by Ibime(m): 1:23am On Mar 04, 2008
Chavez is making a big mistake - its not like FARC rebels have anything positive to offer their people except kidnapping and drug selling - they remind me of all the profiteers running around Niger Delta using social reform as an excusing for illegal profiteering and all sorts of inhumane activities - they are also criminalising the real freedom fighters.

That is not to say that the Colombian Paramilitary is any better sha.

Secondly, Chavez should simply not involve himself because his people are not ready with war with Yankee. War is never a good thing - and Venezuela has not been sufficiently provoked to cause this over-the-top reaction. Chavez needs to chill and cool the fire in his belly cos he is coming off as a ragtag rebel.

Thirdly, he has wasted all Venezuelas oil reserves on political and international patronage. To be honest, Chavez is the kind of left-winger who gives social politics a bad name. He typifies the usual fiscally irresponsible left-wing politician which is a poor representation of socially minded politicians.
Re: War Looms In South America! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:24am On Mar 04, 2008
4Him:

RichBlack, have u tried out Obama's somali outfit yet? You seem to find pleasure in bursting a vein over your 60-yr old palestinian refugee cousins.

Unlike you, I do not have any problem if Obama wears a Somali outfit or wears a turban. I love Somalis, after all my babe is Somali grin.

My cousins in Palestine are suffering in the hands of the evil men that run the Zionist, anti-Arab, anti-Persian, Apartheid state of Israel. We will continue to speak out and fight on their behalf.

I love all - Mu.slims, Christians, Buddhists, etc.
Re: War Looms In South America! by almondjoy(f): 1:26am On Mar 04, 2008
he he he he he he he. . . . . . . .this is more like it. The usual suspects.

Adorning ma cheerleading garb with all ma pom poms! cheesy
Re: War Looms In South America! by bawomolo(m): 1:28am On Mar 04, 2008

ecuador is violating international laws by harboring terrorists too. the FARC is a rogue group that has used kidnapping and drug dealing to ruin people's life. colombia has a right to control it's borders if ecuador won't. ecuador should bitch to the UN rather than amassing troops.
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Play(m): 1:28am On Mar 04, 2008
@RichyBlack

If its illegal,Ecuador will easily receive legal redress.Real politic necessitates entails that Colombia issues these serial apologies.

Colombia still retains and will exercise the right to attack groups harbored by its neighbors.Nothing illegal has been done until a competent body deems so.

For a crass ignoramus,you do make a lot of noise.
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Him(m): 1:29am On Mar 04, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Unlike you, I do not have any problem if Obama wears a Somali outfit or wears a turban. I love Somalis, after all my babe is Somali grin.

My cousins in Palestine are suffering in the hands of the evil men that run the Zionist, anti-Arab, anti-Persian, Apartheid state of Israel. We will continue to speak out and fight on their behalf.

nonsense . . . when 50 rockets/day were hitting Ashkelon, Sderot and Ashdod you must have been sleeping.
Re: War Looms In South America! by almondjoy(f): 1:30am On Mar 04, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Almondo,

How far? Hope you're doing great!

Leave all this rightists. Their main problem is that they see international laws, particularly when it does not work in their favor, as merely an inconvenience. George Bush and Álvaro Uribe are familiar bedfellows. They share a common ideology, that which does not respect any laws that gets in their way of achieving their parochial goals.

I say welcome ma brother.  Please they like lots and lots of links to copy and paste as evidence.  I know you even take it a step further by providing graphics and slide shows! grin

Knock 'em dead a say.  Take no hostages! grin

Like we need a soothesayer to tell us what America can do?  Some people just work around blind, deaf and dumb!!!! Please educate them. grin
Re: War Looms In South America! by 4Play(m): 1:30am On Mar 04, 2008
RichyBlacK:

I love all - Mu.slims, Christians, Buddhists, etc.

Look at this glib fool claiming blood relationship with the Arabs.Well,that is why I call you "Ewu Hausa." grin
Re: War Looms In South America! by bawomolo(m): 1:30am On Mar 04, 2008

anti-arab state, if so why are 20% of israeli citizens ARAB?? why are their israeli arabs in high political positions. turkey and israel have great relations, turkey and israel both share a mutual suspicion of syria. read a book before spewing BS.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey-Israel_relations][/url]

hamas is fighting for the interests of iran and not palestine.
Re: War Looms In South America! by debosky(m): 1:31am On Mar 04, 2008
Ok, so Ecuador sent troops, my error on that one

Fact remains that Colombia was entitled to do what it did - it should have informed Ecuador prior to this, but in the end it is a good result - Ecuadorean troops at the border will prevent fleeing rebels from getting away and they'll get what's coming to them.

Turkey has gone into Iraq to chase rebels using it as a launching base against them, so I don't see this action as wrong, maybe they could've informed the Ecuadorean side, but it was likely a hot pursuit which happened to cross a mere 1km into another country, not an 'invasion' as is being trumpeted. Colombian troops withdrew after doing what they came for - killing Reyes.

Chavez is trying to paint this as a west vs 'the leftists' divide, but it is not the case - these rebels kidnap women, impregnate them and hold the kids as hostages, they trade in cocaine and deserve to be hunted down like the dogs they are regardless of where they hide.

An apology has been given, not for killing the rebel, but for the unintended incursion. Mr Richyblack can you give any justification for Venezuela's alarmist moves and vituperations over something that does not involve them? One would think they are the only neighbours of Colombia the way Hugo is going on about this.

Simply put, he is trying to use this as another podium to make more noise and increase his self importance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

(Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta / Senate Dumps NIS Tragedy Probe Report / Osinbajo Insulted By El Rufai, Walks Out On President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.