Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) (11049 Views)

Norton Antivirus Renewal Code. / How Do I Remove NAV2004 (Norton Antivirus 2004) From My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by OmoTier1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Is this form of market justified or is this not stereotyping at its best? Will they say such against Russia or any of the Eastern European countries?

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by hrmkz: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nigeria and Nigerians take any shit that comes their way!
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
what ia stereo-typing about that. isnt the 'nigerian prince' scam mail style legendary all over the internet?

1 Like

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
Whats stereotypical about that?
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by OmoTier1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
careytommy: what ia stereo-typing about that. isnt the 'nigerian prince' scam mail style legendary all over the internet?
Shouldn't good business ethics dictate to Norton that such marketing strategy in today's global market is a dangerous game to engage in? You never know whose PC that message would flash up in. It might just be the laptop of the a government Minister responsible for Norton's multi-million dollar business proposal and that is how their chance will go down the drain!

If anything, there are more Chinese, Russian and Eastern European scammers than there are in Nigeria, yet would Norton try this with Russia?

6 Likes

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by damola1: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
I am sure they'll pay for their stupidity one way or another.
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by redsun(m): 1:43am On Jan 23, 2013
damola1: I am sure they'll pay for their stupidity one way or another.

They will when nigerian leaders pay for their crimes against humanity. Nigerians happens to be their worse enemies,but only get mad when strangers remind them of their atrocities.

We have thrown our dignities as a people to the birds

11 Likes

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Dede1(m): 3:18am On Jan 23, 2013
It is a display of arrant stupidity on the part of Norton. The act of stereotyping Nigerians in such advertorial manner is unacceptable. I expect Nigeria government to take this issue with Norton.
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 23, 2013
I was looking at a random dog adoption website, when I saw this:

1 Like

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:53am On Jan 23, 2013
Wow that's just stupid angry angry
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by manny4life(m): 4:04am On Jan 23, 2013
Ehn, some of you guys are proponents of " Don't attack the messenger but the message" so why the complain? Attack the message please... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Shouldn't good business ethics dictate to Norton that such marketing strategy in today's global market is a dangerous game to engage in? You never know whose PC that message would flash up in. It might just be the laptop of the a government Minister responsible for Norton's multi-million dollar business proposal and that is how their chance will go down the drain!

If anything, there are more Chinese, Russian and Eastern European scammers than there are in Nigeria, yet would Norton try this with Russia?
very true and it paints a bad picture of us in the face of ignorant people the world over.
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2013
It's not like they're wrong or something. Btw, they can afford to do it because they don't need the Nigerian market.
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 23, 2013
Ashawo no suppose get shame.. Ashawo wear wedding gown, put ring for finger no mean say im go get respect...

Nigeria - a place where anything goes, no standards whatsoever... So we should take the insults, cos screaming and ranting on NL won't add gloss to that green passport you flash sheepishly at the immigration checkpoint...
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2013
But why is everyone shouting!! e-mail scam has since been labelled the Nigerian Scam na..

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva: It's not like they're wrong or something. Btw, they can afford to do it because they don't need the Nigerian market.
I doubt there's even a Nigerian market. Users who purchase pcs that come with a free trial version of Norton, hurriedly uninstall it and get pirated copies of alternatives at Computer Village.. Why d 4k should Norton care about their image in Nigeria?

MTN and DSTV just dey laff us...

2 Likes

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Belmot(m): 9:35am On Jan 23, 2013
It is what we call ourselves that outsiders we call us,a fellow nigerian called nigeria an unfortunate entity just to win an argument and we complain when foriegners call us all kinds of names..we are our own enemy.

1 Like

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by PHIPEX(m): 9:36am On Jan 23, 2013
Norton has just lost a customer; I can't use my money to buy insult.

1 Like

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by justwise(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2013
Well...i guess a lot of their customers will agree with them and Norton can get away with it.

By the way...if this thread was about how Nigeria yahoo yahoo/419ners scammed Norton you will be reading something like...9ja no dey carry last.....boys no dey smile oooo.....na dey money wey white man stole from Africa....bla blab bla...

1 Like

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by justwise(m): 9:49am On Jan 23, 2013
musKeeto:
I doubt there's even a Nigerian market. Users who purchase pcs that come with a free trial version of Norton, hurriedly uninstall it and get pirated copies of alternatives at Computer Village.. Why d 4k should Norton care about their image in Nigeria?

Spot on!!

1 Like

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by azpekuliar: 9:53am On Jan 23, 2013
We asked for it.
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by bigfat: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2013
[size=15pt]i dont use it for me doesnt work but anyway that is their problem [/size]
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by EagleNest(m): 9:56am On Jan 23, 2013
You are known by your deeds.
Scamming became a professionalised business in Nigeria and was outsourced to different parts of the world.
So it's easy to reference Nigeria when making example like Norton just did.

1 Like

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by Reyspin(m): 10:04am On Jan 23, 2013
You just took dat outta mai mouth...
musKeeto:

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by DrMuzungu(m): 10:13am On Jan 23, 2013
This is exactly what happens when you praise people with loads of cash at their hands, without asking how they made their money.
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by texazzpete(m): 10:15am On Jan 23, 2013
Why are you sanctimonious dolts so offended by this?

You m0r0ns kept quiet when Nkem Owoh's 'I go chop your dollar' video made it to the top of the charts
You m0r0ns kept quiet when Olu Maintain did his 'Yahoozee' hit track
You m0r0ns kept quiet and had fun when Kelly Hansome's 'I go chop your dollar' became No 1 on all Nigerian charts.

You m0r0ns bloody well keep quiet and accept that the email scam has now been affectionately termed 'Nigerian email scam'. it's part of the Urban Dictionary now so either you live with it or not.

If you really feel outraged about this, instead of ranting and raving on Nairaland, why not gather a neighbourhood militia and raid your nearest cybercafe to catch tens of these youths in the act?

Nigerians will faithfully report strip clubs to the Lagos State Government but keep quiet when they see gangs of bare-chested louts sending thousands of scam mails apiece to foreigners. Nonsense

PS: As i speak, 'I go chop your dollar' and 'maga don pay' videos are still on Youtube, gathering loads of comments from 'Oyibo' people that are very critical of Nigeria. Why hasn't any of you complained about those?

12 Likes

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by ROCKJ1(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2013
Norton anti virus is the heaviest of all anti viruses because of this, it slows down the speed of your computer. They forgot to include this important fact in their advert.

2 Likes

Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by coolzeal(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2013
This is an insult to all Nigerians and don't come up with issues like "hey our government are bad" yeah! they're bad but what Norton did is an act of stupidity and stereotyping hard working and able Nigerians and i will be very disappointed if our government let this go freely. Chinese and Russians are the greatest scammers alive and they're not persecuted..
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by aglomar: 10:53am On Jan 23, 2013
Who's using Norton nowadays?
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by justwise(m): 11:57am On Jan 23, 2013
texazzpete: Why are you sanctimonious dolts so offended by this?

You m0r0ns kept quiet when Nkem Owoh's 'I go chop your dollar' video made it to the top of the charts
You m0r0ns kept quiet when Olu Maintain did his 'Yahoozee' hit track
You m0r0ns kept quiet and had fun when Kelly Hansome's 'I go chop your dollar' became No 1 on all Nigerian charts.

You m0r0ns bloody well keep quiet and accept that the email scam has now been affectionately termed 'Nigerian email scam'. it's part of the Urban Dictionary now so either you live with it or not.

If you really feel outraged about this, instead of ranting and raving on Nairaland, why not gather a neighbourhood militia and raid your nearest cybercafe to catch tens of these youths in the act?

Nigerians will faithfully report strip clubs to the Lagos State Government but keep quiet when they see gangs of bare-chested louts sending thousands of scam mails apiece to foreigners. Nonsense

PS: As i speak, 'I go chop your dollar' and 'maga don pay' videos are still on Youtube, gathering loads of comments from 'Oyibo' people that are very critical of Nigeria. Why hasn't any of you complained about those?

God bless you!!!! some of the 2faced hypocrites moaning about this probably bought those songs
Re: Is Norton Stereotyping Nigerians And Nigeria? (pics) by wonlasewonimi: 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Only noobs use Norton cos it's a virus on its own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Needed. My Computer Is Not Recognising My Mtn Modem / What Is The Fastest Download Speed You've Ever Encountered? / 2go Registration, 2go Download & 2go Sign Up On Www.2go.im & Wap.2go.im

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.