Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,999 members, 7,799,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Christians Don't Like Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Don't Like Jesus (740 Views)

Christians Don't Bow!!! / Few Reasons Why Some Christians Don't Celebrate Christmas! / Tithes - Are Pastors Frightened That If Christians Don't Fear They Will Not Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians Don't Like Jesus by vislabraye(m): 12:15am On Jan 23, 2013
I read this blog and I want to share with you guys.
Its thought provoking even though it would stir some controversies.

[img][/img]We may say we love the Lord because he is our Saviour, but the truth is we don’t like him.      In many respects, the bible is a book of prophecies.  God says in the scriptures: “Don't forget the many times I clearly told you what was going to happen in the future. For I am God- I only- and there is no other like me who can tell you what is going to happen. All I say will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.” (Isaiah 46:9-10). Even some of the historical situations presented in the scriptures are prophetic.  Therefore, they are fulfilled again and again.  For example, the persecution of Isaac by his brother Ishmael is re-enacted in the persecution of Joseph by his brothers, and repeated in the persecution of David by his brothers, and again replicated in the persecution of Jesus by his brothers.  Furthermore, the process continues today in the persecution of true believers by pretender Christians.   Prophetic Christians Since the true believer is created in the image and likeness of Christ, our identity is in the word of God.  All we need to do is search the scriptures in order to determine what manner of men we are and what the future holds.  This is because the bible does not merely predict the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  It also foretells the birth, growth and development of the church of Christ.  It is the prophetic revelation about Christians that is of particular interest here.  The scriptures indicate that Christians will not like Christ.  The church in the wilderness rejected Moses.  The Israelites rejected the prophets.  The Jews rejected Jesus.  Christians will reject the word of God.  God said to Ezekiel: “I am sending you to the people of Israel with my messages.  I am not sending you to some far-off foreign land where you can't understand the language- no, not to tribes with strange, difficult tongues. (If I did, they would listen!)  I am sending you to the people of Israel, and they won't listen to you any more than they listen to me! For the whole lot of them are hard, impudent, and stubborn.” (Ezekiel 3:4-7). Indeed, the scriptures detail not so much how Jesus is hated by men, as how he is hated by his own people.  John says: “He came to his own, and his own did not receive him.” (John 1:11).  That statement is prophetic.  Today, Christians are supposedly the people of God; so the scripture now applies to us.  It means Christians will not receive Christ.  Jesus himself observes that: “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.” (Matthew 13:57). Christian animosity Most Christians don’t like the Jesus of the bible.  We may say we love the Lord because he is our Saviour, but the truth is we don’t like him.  “Why don’t you like me?” asks God?  “What did I do to drive you away?”  “What iniquity did you find in me that turned you against me?” (Jeremiah 2:5).  “Hear, O you mountains, the LORD'S complaint, and you strong foundations of the earth; for the LORD has a complaint against his people, and he will contend with Israel.  ‘O My people, what have I done to you? And how have I wearied you? Testify against Me.’” (Micah 6:2-3). Moses says God created man in his own image. However, George Bernard Shaw was right when he said: “We have decided to return the favor.”  We have created God in our own image.  God says again prophetically: “These things you have done, and I kept silent; you thought that I was altogether like you.” (Psalm 50:21). Christians don’t really like the God that is revealed in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we contradict him at every turn.  We don’t want the God who insists we should love our enemies. (Matthew 5:44-45).  We prefer a God who sends the fire of the Holy Ghost to destroy our enemies.  We don’t want the God who says those who use the sword will be killed by the sword. (Matthew 26:52).  We prefer a God who will be on our side when we go to war.  We do not like the God who says we should turn the other cheek. (Luke 6:29).  We prefer the God who gives an eye for an eye.  We don’t want the God who desires mercy. (Matthew 9:13).  We prefer a God who exacts infinite punishment on limited sin. The God revealed in Christ is far too demanding for us.  He wants everything we have. (Luke 14:33).  But Christians prefer a God that only requires a tithe. We don’t like the God in Christ who regards men and women as equals.  We prefer the Mountain of Fire and Miracles God who legislates that women must not wear trousers.  We don’t like the God in Christ who says we should bless those who curse us. (Matthew 5:44).  We prefer the God of David Oyedepo who curses his opponents. Christians don’t like the Jesus who was born in poor and humble circumstances.  We prefer the Jesus of our mega-pastors who flies around in jet-planes and even establishes his own airline.  We don’t like the Jesus who did not go to school and get a formal education. (John 7:15-16).  We prefer the Jesus of Chris Oyakhilome who boasts of his PhD.  We prefer the God who establishes church universities where good money is made by collecting high fees.
By Dr. Femi Aribisala, pst of Healing Wings. www.femiaribisala.com
Re: Christians Don't Like Jesus by enilove(m): 3:29am On Jan 24, 2013
My prayer for you is that your mouth will not put you in trouble and everything that you have written ignorantly shall not be used against you on the day of Judgement.
To start with, If you do not love Jesus Christ ,know that in your mind and repent and stop generalising it.You said and I quote"we may say we love the Lord because he is our saviour,but the truth is we dont like him."
From that statement ,you have agreed that you do not like him.This means you hate Jesus .The book of proverb 8:36 the Lord Jesus Christ says all those that hate him love death.You better go on your knee and ask for the forgiveness of God.

You talked about persecution but you are the person persecuting the body of christ by mentioning Churches of God and indirectly and directly refering to some ministers of God. I doubt if you are a christian.I wonder who made you a judge over them.
Is it when women put on trousers that will make them equal to the men?
The bible says women should be submit theirselves to their husbands.Eph 5:23 says that the husband is the head of the woman,even as Christ is the head of the church.

Deut22:5 says a "woman shall not wear that which partaineth on to a man, neither shall a man wear that which partaineth to a woman.In nigeria women dont used to wear trousers but now it is a common thing.There were some clothes that were parculiar to the woman and to men in those days.God new this and gave His law.
Are women in MFM complaining to you?
Did the members of the churches whose pastors uses private Jets came and complained to you. Was it your thithe that was used to purchase the Jets?
If people are not seeing the power of God in those churches they would have stopped going there long time ago.
If it was God that called the Pastors would the God not ask them to give account ?Are they not reading their bibles that "no sinner would go unpurnished".

If truely you are a man of God,you will rather pray for these pastors and work your own salvation with fear and trembling.If your church is a living church you would not have time for the internet.There are sermons to prepare , evangelism to be done,members to intercede for,personal prayers for yourself and your ministry, but pulling down what God has built is not expected of a true man of God.The holy spirit would have cautioned you ,if you have him in you.These churches belong to Jesus Christ.That is the body of Christ.
The spirit of God is love.If you love these men of God why did you not look for a way to see them and give them the Gods message you have, rather than tarnishing their image.
To crown it all you now advertised the name of your church, that would allow women to put on trousers ,and where there money will not be used to purchase private jets, their thithes will not be used to establish schools etc.

God is not happy that souls are perishing.Pray for power as these men of God did and people will come to your church or God Himself will bring His people to His house.

I wonder what the unbelievers will be saying, when instead of evangelising ,christians are busy trying to destroy the body of christ.
Re: Christians Don't Like Jesus by vislabraye(m): 7:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
shocked. Not my opinion o. Just a pastor's post that I don't agree with.

(1) (Reply)

Those Who May Emerge As Pope And Their Profiles / 20 Things You Didn't Know About Pope Francis / The Debased Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.