Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! (36478 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! / Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by honeric01(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2013
Morally depleted country, yet religious houses everywhere.

Funny thing is that most of all these musicians attend churches/mosque o.

Those who also dance/buy/sing these songs also attend churches/mosques o, so i wonder why they attend churches/mosques if they'd still end up doing what those who don't attend churches/mosques do.

even a 5 years old kid would be seen dancing to "take banana". RUBISH (and you complain of rape and abuse).

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

sinking country in all angle!

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Igwe9(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2013
For Alingo, let the part in question be edited out. Period!...that video is cool with classic display of some energetic dance moves.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by naptu2: 9:45am On Jan 23, 2013
Musicians should learn to also release a "broadcast version" of the songs and videos.

There's usually the original version where the artiste expresses himself the way he wants and the broadcast version, which is shown on free to air stations.

This is because there's no way to regulate free to air stations and ensure that impressionable kids do not have access to restricted material.

Eedriss Abdulkarim's track had the original version "Oko ashewo" and the broadcast version "oko omoge".

Naughty by Nature had "Ghetto Bastard" and "Everything's gonna be alright".

We have the broadcast versions of "Gin N Juice" and "Mr Lover man", etc

Even nairaland has a word censor.

8 Likes

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Igwe9(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2: Musicians should learn to also release a "broadcast version" of the songs and videos.

There's usually the original version where the artiste expresses himself the way he wants and the broadcast version, which is shown on free to air stations.

This is because there's no way to regulate free to air stations and ensure that impressionable kids do not have access to restricted material.

Eedriss Abdulkarim's track had the original version "Oko ashewo" and the broadcast version "oko omoge".

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by honeric01(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
If you want to watch videos with kids then buy christian my=usic videos and play them. You don't expect secular musicians to be preaching jesus on TV. Why not focus on watching TBN, 700 club and other religious programs rather than watching hip TV. Hypocrites.

Before i engage you in a convo, would like to know how spiritual/religious/paganic you are.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by naijaobi(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2013
This very funny.. U are banning something that has been seen by all and sundry..
Besides with 100 naira u can but the CD with the combination of all these videos..lolz...
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by EagleNest(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2013
Very very good.Thumb up to NBC.
Our kids are exposed to all sorts of immorality in the name of music.

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 23, 2013
I don't support this but its their prerogative.
But damn . . . That girl in Timaya's Shake your BumBum actually shook other things aside her Bum Bum. She was also shaking my bum bum. . .
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by ichommy(m): 9:49am On Jan 23, 2013
*Dancing Alingo* Only D Videos? Audio nko?
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Toktee(m): 9:49am On Jan 23, 2013
Useless music coming fron untrain children,i cnt remember when i used my money to buy one,some people like them cos they are like the musicians themselves,infact you cannot even play such in my house To cap it all i dont even watch local stations like nta and their likes.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by bigfat: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2013
[size=15pt]o dear after they have been hits all over then you just now wake up to bann them, why didn't you SCREEN THEM BEFORE it was REleaSEd in the first place ..NBC I HAIL U una...remember BANG BANG BANG BY femi kuti won international award na wah one again ...[/size]
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:50am On Jan 23, 2013
NBC. . . No need cux Naija children don corupt "spoil" wella ... It's vewie late jaweee .. Okay if you ban 'em videos . . . will it stop dem from going to p0rn sites to download 'em hot er0tic videos . . . na it won't . . . though it's a step to discipline but it's probably late . . . Onyibos have changed our mentality "youths" to theirs through the kind movies they put up . . . All we need is God's Intervention "SMDH"

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Igwe9(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2013
naijaobi: This very funny.. U are banning something that has been seen by all and sundry..
Besides with 100 naira u can but the CD with the combination of all these videos..lolz...
Buying them on CDs is a deliberate action and nobody other than you is to be held responsible.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2013
That Skibobo video ehn...
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by theripper: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2013
Alingo ke? Wetin dey d song? Even goldie skibobo no too get wahala. Timaya bum bum and flavour shake supposed dey banned for life, make dem ban Ruggedman ft terry G sef PUSH. Though I don get dem for my Lappy sha.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2013
Am sure the NBC has watched the videos before banning them, how can you ban a video if you have not watched it? now they have watched it and they don'nt want others to watch it abi?

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by walybouy(m): 9:52am On Jan 23, 2013
good radiance to bad rubbish...........this is coming late but at least it will sound a note of warning to other artist who takes pleasure in singing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by naptu2: 9:53am On Jan 23, 2013
Note: the ban only affects free to air stations. It doesn't prevent you from buying the CD, watching a live concert or watching the videos on pay tv.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by talk2D: 9:54am On Jan 23, 2013
U can watch them on channel O.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Reyspin(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2013
NBC are jokers... They still get aired on Cable Tvz in Nigeria (even MTV On STV 6PM)... Banning this song wont work, just lay down stiffer measures for any Television station that intend airing in Nigeria about the kind of Contents you want them showing and time limit...Any Television Station that errs should be dealt with.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by senator2k9(m): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2013
DailyNews: For some time now, I had been lamenting on the 'I don't care' nature of our dear NBC for allowing certain indecent Nigerian musical videos to be broadcast in Nigeria, hence misleading so many Nigerian youths and causing more and more immoralities amongst the youths and infidelity amongst the married folks as these videos keep leaving 'sex' 'sex' 'sex' in the minds of every Nigerian that listened to them....now, thank God NBC has waken up.

The list below show music videos that have been tagged NOT TO BE BROADCAST by NBC

1. Tillaman ft Vector- Ma Roll (contains erotic and suggestive dance steps)
2. Wande Coal – Go Low (scenes of nuditiy in the video)
3. D’Prince – Take Banana (contains erotic, vulgar, words and suggestive dance steps)
4. Flavour – Shake (vulgar and suggestive dance steps)
5. Goldie – Ski bo bo (features minor with suggestive and immoral dance steps)
6. Chuddy K – Chop My Dollar (features ladies and children with suggestive and erotic dance steps )
7. Timaya – Shake Ur Bum Bum (erotic, suggestive dance steps with vulgar lyrics
8. P Square – Alingo (erotic dance scenes at the end of the musical video) cry cry cry
these aforementioned musicians, are they Nigerians??
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by caesaraba(m): 9:56am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2: Musicians should learn to also release a "broadcast version" of the songs and videos.

Very solid point.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Hemanwel(m): 9:58am On Jan 23, 2013
What's the meaning of "take banana till u go yo"?
What message is D'Prince passing?
NBC should not only ban the song,them suppose flog that guy since he nor wan grow up.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Jonnysteve: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2013
Bullshit wat of d ones aired on channel o,soundcity,nigezie ,pirated CD's etc......dis govt agencies should face better challenges like creating unemployment.if gd jobs were available ppli won't go nude on music videos 2 get paid nor wood ppli have d time 2 sit n watch dem....get ur acts rite NBC
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by muktarl: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2013
People these days rarely watch local TV stations. MTV, TRACE cannot be touched by NBC. Its a free world though, but I dare not allow my kids watch such obscene stations where they show unclad dancers, rather I monitor the ones they can watch.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by mekzybling(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2013
I laff in swahili.....after they have finished making their money from the songs, NBC is now banning the songs...Buh come to think of it,that flavour's shake video rilly deserves the ban..
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Imprida(f): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2013
Let me go and watch the videos before i comment.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Flygerian1(m): 10:03am On Jan 23, 2013
Royalty1: Good Move by NBC. I wonder where the world is heading to if I can't sit and watch a new music video with my little kid beside me. All these musicians know nothing other than nudity, clubbing and getting high. Always smoking like they've got extra pair of lungs.
If they wish to produce semi-nude music videos, then they should make those in dvds and sell to whoever wants such. But they shouldn't come to our TV screens to show some yeye backside. angry
The reason why there'r so many tv channels. If u find that one uninterestin and sexually, u tune in to another.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by naptu2: 10:03am On Jan 23, 2013
We are actually quite liberal here. Apart from banning them from free to air stations, we don't really enforce the other laws.

Here's the way it is:

1) Sale and rental: in some jurisdictions t would be illegal to sell or rent CDs of these works to minors. There would also be a parental advisory sticker advising parents that the work contains explicit material.

2) Cinema and live shows: it would also be illegal to admit minors into cinemas, viewing centres and live shows where these works are performed or shown.

3) Pay TV: pay tv decoders must have parental control functions with which parents can block their children from viewing/listening to these works.

4) Free to air: they are banned from free to air because "papa no dey house, mama no dey house, children com watch am".
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by seunfly: 10:04am On Jan 23, 2013
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 23, 2013
Take banaana till u go yo....

Greatest song in 2012...highly catchy.

Wait so them ban am?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Winners List At The MTV Africa Music Awards 2016. / Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song / Patapaa – "One Corner" (Official Video) Ft. Ras Cann & Mr Loyalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.