Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. (2387 Views)

Simple Question For Christians And Creationists? / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 23, 2013
NB: Story's a bit old...
Link: http://www.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-says-dinosaurs-prove-young-earth-creationists-are-wrong-85705/

Southern Baptist on 'The 700 Club': They Will Lynch Me, But Earth Wasn't 6,000 Years Old'
"The 700 Club" co-host Pat Robertson has voiced his disagreement with Young Earth Creationists by recently stating on his show that he believes the existence of dinosaurs proves that the earth is not 6,000 years old, as some conservative Christians believe.

"I know people will probably lynch me for this, but Bishop (James) Ussher, God bless him, wasn't inspired by the Lord when he said it all took 6,000 years. It just didn't," Robertson said, referring to the 17th century Irish clergyman who first argued that the earth was created in 4004 BC.

On "The 700 Club" Tuesday, a mother identified as Michelle reveals in a letter that her young sons are questioning the Bible and asking her to explain the existence of dinosaurs. The woman says that her husband agrees with them, and she fears that she might not have him or her children with her when she enters the Kingdom of God.

According to many Young Earth Creationists, dinosaurs lived alongside humans 6,000 years ago, before the great flood described in Genesis 6-9. Some Christians dispute the existence of dinosaurs all together, claiming that bones excavated by scientists are a ruse meant to cause confusion among believers.

"You go back in time, you have carbon dating, all these things, and you have the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time." Robertson explained on his program. "They are out there. And so there was a time when these giant raptors were on the earth and it was before the time of the Bible. So don't try to cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years, that's not the Bible."

"If you fight science," he continued, "you're going to lose your children, and I believe in telling it the way it was."

What next: evolution?
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by cyrexx: 8:22am On Jan 23, 2013
One down, few more to go...

For instance, I'm waiting for when christians will admit that the whole human race DID NOT descend from the biblical Adam and Eve, cos I wonder maybe either of the first couple were Negro or Asian or Caucasian (white) OR God may have created different Adams and Eves each for those 3 major categories of the human races. Just wondering.

Let's just wait and see...

1 Like

Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Heatblast(m): 8:47am On Jan 23, 2013
In the end, They'll agree with science on almost eveything(including evolution), just a matter of time... You can't fight evidence/facts with fairy tales/myths and expect to win.

1 Like

Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Okijajuju1(m): 8:59am On Jan 23, 2013
I thought Pat Robertson was a person..

I had no idea people still listened to what that old, senile, bible-thumping redneck says.
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 23, 2013
Okija_juju: I thought [b]Rob Paterson was a person..

I had no idea people still listened to what that old, senile, bible-thumping redneck says.[/b]

Who is Rob Paterson?
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Jan 23, 2013
gbosaa:

Who is Rob Paterson?

my bad.. grin
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

my bad.. grin

Correct man,i was going to call you Ojuju_ Kija... grin grin grin
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16am On Jan 23, 2013
gbosaa:

Correct man,i was going to call you Ojuju_ Kija... grin grin grin

lol... grin
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by EvilBrain1(m): 11:29am On Jan 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
musKeeto: NB: Story's a bit old...
Link: http://www.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-says-dinosaurs-prove-young-earth-creationists-are-wrong-85705/

What next: evolution?

If you had read the link you got this story from you would have seen the defense for the position of YEC's. Below is the excerpt that you selectively chose to omit from the link.

The Creation Museum, an organization overseen by Answers in Genesis (AiG), has defended conservative positions on creation, which it holds unfolded over six days as described in the Bible and that dinosaurs were created on the same day as Adam and Eve.

Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum, writes in an article titled "What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs?" that the Bible helps explain the existence of dinosaurs.

"Dinosaurs are used more than almost anything else to indoctrinate children and adults in the idea of millions of years of earth history," Ham writes. "However, the Bible gives us a framework for explaining dinosaurs in terms of thousands of years of history, including the mystery of when they lived and what happened to them. Two key texts are Genesis 1:24–25 and Job 40:15–24."

He concludes in his argument, "If we accept God's Word, beginning with Genesis, as being true and authoritative, then we can explain dinosaurs and make sense of the evidence we observe in the world around us."

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-says-dinosaurs-prove-young-earth-creationists-are-wrong-85705/#pey78RBPyowCpr30.99
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
If I wanted to do that, why would I post the link? undecided
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
musKeeto:

If I wanted to do that, why would I post the link? undecided

Your link had Pat's claim but balanced it with Ken's. You selected what you wanted to post as in your excerpts above. Pat Robertson's position shows that he doesn't know what he's talking about, if you try to be Jack of all trades you might end up being masters of none.

Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Good. My emphasis was on Pat's response, isn't that clear enough from the title of the OP?

So you believe the earth is 6000 yrs old? Isorrai...
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2013
musKeeto: Good. My emphasis was on Pat's response, isn't that clear enough from the title of the OP?

So you believe the earth is 6000 yrs old? Isorrai...

Rather, the Biblical creationists prove Pat Robertson and evolutionists wrong. What we see in Scriptures are what real scientist find on the ground.

Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by plaetton: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Rather, the Biblical creationists prove Pat Robertson and evolutionists wrong. What we see in Scriptures are what real scientist find on the ground.

And what about Neanderthals? Where are they in the scriptures? Where they before or after Adam?
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
plaetton:

And what about Neanderthals? Where are they in the scriptures? Where they before or after Adam?

What you call Neanderthals are human beings as you are and humans were created on the 6th day of God's creation together with Dinosaurs. You evolutionists should stop making monkeys out of men.

Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by plaetton: 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What you call Neanderthals are human beings as you are and humans were created on the 6th day of God's creation together with Dinosaurs. You evolutionists should stop making monkeys out of men.

So Adam was a NeanderthaL?
hhhmm
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
plaetton:

So Adam was a NeanderthaL?
hhhmm

Are you still searching for the missing link or the ape-like creature? Keep searching. grin

Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by plaetton: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Are you still searching for the missing link or the ape-like creature? Keep searching. grin

So Adam was a Neanderthal?
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
plaetton:

So Adam was a Neanderthal?

What I said is that they are human beings, you are the one saying Adam was a Neanderthal. Back to the topic at hand. Here are some compelling evidence that dinosaurs lived with humans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nsZ6-t3pHY
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by plaetton: 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What I said is that they are human beings, you are the one saying Adam was a Neanderthal. Back to the topic at hand. Here are some compelling evidence that dinosaurs lived with humans:

Are saying that Neanderthals are or were human beings? Did they live before, during or after Adam?
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by EvilBrain1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You're right that neanderthals were human. Any member of the genus Homo is considered to be human. However, you're sorely mistaken if you think there were the same as modern Homo sapiens (i.e. you and me). Not only did they look very different physically (they were ugly as hell), we have sequenced their DNA and we know that it is quite different from ours.

While the amount of genetic diversity within each of the human races is usually much more than thee differences between them; when you compare H. sapiens DNA against Neanderthal DNA, you can clearly see that they are a distinct species, or subspecies.

Let me dumb the last paragraph down a bit so you can understand: If we sequence your DNA and compare it to that of a random Chinaman and another Nigerian, it is quite possible that yours will be more similar to the Chinaman's than to your fellow countryman's. (This is particularly true about Yoruba's, who've been found to have extremely high levels of genetic diversity). On the other hand, no human being on earth is genetically more similar to neanderthals than Nigerians. The closest are the Europeans (due to some ancient cross-breeding), but even they are n quite far away.

TL;DR Neanderthals are not the same as modern humans. The evidence is concrete. You need to update yourself on the latest research and stop reading creationist bullcrap.
Re: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36am On Jan 24, 2013
Evil Brain:

You're right that neanderthals were human. Any member of the genus Homo is considered to be human. However, you're sorely mistaken if you think there were the same as modern Homo sapiens (i.e. you and me). Not only did they look very different physically (they were ugly as hell), we have sequenced their DNA and we know that it is quite different from ours.

While the amount of genetic diversity within each of the human races is usually much more than thee differences between them; when you compare H. sapiens DNA against Neanderthal DNA, you can clearly see that they are a distinct species, or subspecies.

Let me dumb the last paragraph down a bit so you can understand: If we sequence your DNA and compare it to that of a random Chinaman and another Nigerian, it is quite possible that yours will be more similar to the Chinaman's than to your fellow countryman's. (This is particularly true about Yoruba's, who've been found to have extremely high levels of genetic diversity). On the other hand, no human being on earth is genetically more similar to neanderthals than Nigerians. The closest are the Europeans (due to some ancient cross-breeding), but even they are n quite far away.

TL;DR Neanderthals are not the same as modern humans. The evidence is concrete. You need to update yourself on the latest research and stop reading creationist bullcrap.

As I said earlier "Neandertal man" is human and has long been classified as Homo sapiens. It is the desperate evolutionists attempt to dehumanise the "Neandertal man" to a lesser specie that they erroneously call it an "apeman". Check out the drawings and writings I posted earlier and you will see the frauds that you have as your evidence.

Now back to the OP. Watch evidence that Dinosaurs lived with Man (clip 2).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF01TUsXPaQ

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? / Apostle Suleman Plants A Church In Russia, Set To Invade Saudi Arabia & China / Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.