Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,997 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? (2126 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by virtual7(m): 7:29am On Jan 23, 2013
Introverts make up about 15 to 20% of the populace but are 70% of the talented and gifted People. They are quiet generally and got problem with self expression.they find it easier to comunicate by pen and paper. I'm an introvert and people always mis judge me e.g I offended my manager by not greeting him when he passed and in a bid to apologise I started following him up and down trying to say sorry. And bam!!! Lo and behold,he said I was stalking him,begging him for money.its only cry I couldn't cry.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by virtual7(m): 8:57am On Jan 23, 2013
Any introvert here? Pls shed more light...
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by Imprida(f): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2013
Am an introvert.
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by virtual7(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2013
Imprida, do you do awkward things when you want to express yourself?
Imprida: Am an introvert.
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by Imprida(f): 11:09am On Jan 23, 2013
virtual7:
Imprida, do you do awkward things when you want to express yourself?
like what?
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by virtual7(m): 11:50am On Jan 23, 2013
Locking yourself up in ur room?find it easier to talk with pen and paper rather than conversing verbally, too sensitive etc
Imprida: like what?
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by Imprida(f): 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
virtual7: Locking yourself up in ur room?find it easier to talk with pen and paper rather than conversing verbally, too sensitive etc
yeah, you are very correct on that, and also having only a few friends, listening more than talking, talking to family but not strangers,i dont share feelings easily, becomes deeply humiliated after a mistake in public(i will not go out for some time) and i also like creative and imaginative play.
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by virtual7(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ok thanks 4 your candor.... Thought its just me.my own is even worse,I even keeP quite when accused an people always take that for guilt.I find it hard explaining or expressing myself.but I can give a dynamite public presentation cos I'm full of ideas.real wierd,don't u think so? Infrida are u there....
Imprida: yeah, you are very correct on that, and also having only a few friends, listening more than talking, talking to family but not strangers,i dont share feelings easily, becomes deeply humiliated after a mistake in public(i will not go out for some time) and i also like creative and imaginative play.
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by Imprida(f): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
No, i dont feel weird for being more quiet than other people. Infact i sometimes which that some of my more extrovert friends would be quiet on occasions and stop running their mouths so much. It's hard for me to concentrate when everyone else in the room is talking at once.
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by virtual7(m): 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
Talking to you really helped.thanks a lot..
Imprida: No, i dont feel weird for being more quiet than other people. Infact i sometimes which that some of my more extrovert friends would be quiet on occasions and stop running their mouths so much. It's hard for me to concentrate when everyone else in the room is talking at once.
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by Imprida(f): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
virtual7: Talking to you really helped.thanks a lot..
You are welcome.
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by madamebebe(f): 3:41am On Jan 24, 2013
This should be in the health section kiss
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by Nobody: 5:01am On Jan 24, 2013
There is a kind of calm tone in the way introverts write. Or maybe it's just my imagination.
They sound like they are at peace or relaxed. . . . . That is how Op and imprida's post sounded.
Anyway@topic, I think the reason they are misunderstood is because they hardly open up and don't talk much (That is not necessarily a bad thing however) so people make assumptions about what they are really like.
Personally I like reasonable people smiley
Introvert or extrovert. Just have a good head and I am cool with you.
Re: Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood? by virtual7(m): 7:50am On Jan 24, 2013
Wow dats another true talk Mr fellis... But I just hate being misunderstood. And madam, thanks for the contribution
fellis: There is a kind of calm tone in the way introverts write. Or maybe it's just my imagination.
They sound like they are at peace or relaxed. . . . . That is how Op and imprida's post sounded.
Anyway@topic, I think the reason they are misunderstood is because they hardly open up and don't talk much (That is not necessarily a bad thing however) so people make assumptions about what they are really like.
Personally I like reasonable people smiley
Introvert or extrovert. Just have a good head and I am cool with you.

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Sexiest Accents / History Of Ezhionum Kingdom In Perspective / In Yoruba What Does "Lasan" Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.