Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night (3679 Views)

My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by gare(f): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2013
My mother in-law will not allow my wife to be at peace always calling over every little thing, please i would want NL to advise if it is right for her to call even at late night, saying she is disturbed, and this being going on for sometime, and when i confront my wife over this she say it is her mother and there is nothing wrong with her calling, even at odd times.

But I am bother if she calls but i presume she should be aware that one is suppose to be in bed and still calls are still coming over issues that could be talked about the next day.

Please i need your guidance on this issue
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by sexy74(m): 9:37am On Jan 23, 2013
Nothing wrong in your mother inlaw calling at odd hours, the only problem is your wife, she should not keep or answer the phone close to where you are so that you are not disturbed when you sleep.
That's the way women are naturally.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by zayhal(f): 11:49am On Jan 23, 2013
You sound a bit selfish here. Have you forgotten that that wife of yours is her own daughter? Do you expect your wife to cut her mother off because she's now married to you? Are you aware of the kind of closeness between them before you married her?

Your mother in law may be lonely and see her daughter as the only person she can call when she needs someone to lift her spirit. Is your father in law alive?

Your wife too should be able to apply wisdom since it is obvious her relationship with her mother bothers you. She can answer her mother's calls away from you where you won't be bothered or woken up. But really, I fear for your kind of person. Will you welcome this mother in law in your home at all? If you can be here complaining about your wife's closeness to her own mother! What if she comes to live with you? You'll get jealous or angry if you see them sitting together chatting?

Please let mother and daughter be! If your problem is the night calls, tell your wife as subtly as you can to try not to disturb you with the calls but don't make the mistake of telling her to tell her mother to stop calling. If it does not bother her, it should not bother you. Don't let resentment set in.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by Gambrosia: 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Your wife is not complaining, so why should you? undecided
I smell a tad of jealousy and possessiveness.
Very petty and immature of you. Please, your wife is close to her mom, appreciate that! kiss

1 Like

Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by obicentlis: 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
Imagine if she is your mama and your mrs started complaining. What will be ya reactions? She is still her mother and as far as her calls doesn't concern ya own family, abegi sleep well.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
nooooooooooo!!!!
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by luvablesam(m): 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
mondi_cheeks: nooooooooooo!!!!
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
luvable sam: YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
tongue
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by tpia5: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
she should just not pick up the phone at night if its a problem.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by gare(f): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
I Am not jealous, and she had lived with us sometime ago and i had no problem with that, but she call her during the day which is fine with me, but calling her late at night knowing too well that she is not alone, does not seem to do down well with me, there times i need to call someone and it is late i do have to wait to the next day no matter how close i am, except for emergency sake, are you trying to tell me she has emergency every night?

I thank you all for your advice.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by SisiKill1: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
I think it is unfair that your wife complains to you about her mother calling her.. . why burden you with all of that? Can't she just direct her complaints to the woman. . .shebi she is her mother and it her own phone she is calling and it is her time she is encroaching on? Ehn ehn. . .let her face her mama and leave you out of it ojare.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by luvablesam(m): 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
mondi_cheeks: tongue
tongue
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by JoannaSedley(f): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
Punish her either by beating,rapingg, or divorcing her when such things happens, she is not suppose to answer her mother whenever she calls. She belongs to you for christ sake for all the properties in your house, she didn't even worth up to your PS going by bride price this days. Damn it. Men should start manning up.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by Winneygirl(f): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
She shld tell her mum not 2call her btw a certain time frame, probably 4rm 8pm, all calls shld be suspended till 8am next day.

Or U can tell d Mum Urself.
It's Ur house!

Her Mum keeps calling because Ur wife encourages her by answering every call. Tell Ur M-I-L once, have Ur wife nt pick her calls 2 days in a row at such time, those calls will cease 2come in at night.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by Smuthx(m): 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: Punish her either by beating,rapingg, or divorcing her when such things happens, she is not suppose to answer her mother whenever she calls. She belongs to you for christ sake for all the properties in your house, she didn't even worth up to your PS going by bride price this days. Damn it. Men should start manning up.
this is the worst advice. Are you ok...? Are you a female. if you are a lady, it means you will possibly be a frustated fellow
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by JoannaSedley(f): 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Sorry for soiling your day. Was trying to sound sarcastic, seems i didn't do a good job on that.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 24, 2013
Only a selfish mother-in-law will call her daughter at late hours.

Personally, I will NOT call anyone after 22:00 hours. After midnight is just plain inconsiderate and anti-social. If it's a life or death emergency, that's different. But merely calling to say you feel "troubled" at anti-social hours is wrong. I'm sure these late night conversations can take place the nex day.

My parents (when they were alive) would not call anyone simply to yarn late at night, not even my older brothers who had moved out. I myself occasionally get late night calls, and when I look at my display, it's always a Nigerian number. I've had calls from Nigeria, from people asking if I know of any "affordable" mechanics in Maiduguri, because their 2001 Toyota Camry "is consuming fuel." So not real life emergencies, just random shite that could wait till the next day.

For those saying the OP is selfish, insecure, jealous etc. Think again. He's well within his right to be hacked off. The sound of a phone ringing at late night hours is annoying. I don't know if there are any kids involved, but would MIL still ring even if there were sleeping toddlers / babies in the house?

My guess is she would, because she's selfish, and would rather the whole house was awake, because she's suffering from a bout of insonmia.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 24, 2013
Laugh wan kill me abeg cheesy

Conversing ( flashing your 32) in your native language on the phone with your hubby right there AND calling you repeatedly at ungodly hours !!!

What type of Grannies do people breed these 21st century? I doubt they have anything interesting going on in their own lives and if they don't they should be considerate , it's not bout her anymore ..... so OP , capital NO ! Put your foot down and it has to stop.
..... Shyte people put up with .
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by greatgod2012(f): 7:14am On Jan 24, 2013
jidegirl12: Laugh wan kill me abeg cheesy

Conversing ( flashing your 32) in your native language on the phone with your hubby right there AND calling you repeatedly at ungodly hours !!!

What type of Grannies do people breed these 21st century? I doubt they have anything interesting going on in their own lives and if they don't they should be considerate , it's not bout her anymore ..... so OP , capital NO ! Put your foot down and it has to stop.
..... Shyte people put up with .

not only about granny, but d wife also share part of d blame, why does she have to pick calls at odd hours everytime or betterstill, why cant she tell her mum not to call at certain time of d day?

It obviously means that she doesnt have any iota of respect for her hubby, i cant imagine waking my hubby up in d night, almost everyday thru call from d same person.......haba!she isnt considerate at all.
She should set her standard as regard this and keep her mum informed of that.....simple.
May God help us all.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by tpia5: 7:54am On Jan 24, 2013
In the olden days, you simply take the phone off the hook.

In modern times, you switch off the phone.

This matter isnt rocket science, @ op.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
It is not right in anyway and your wife should know better.Calling at midnight is totally not acceptable,don't she know that most couples bond at such hoursHer mother is being selfish here,I don't know what some parents gain from upsetting their kids marital bliss.I understand how the Op feels because I have to mentally reverse this scenerio and see that I did be frustrated in his shoes too.

I just hope your wife will be sensible enough to understand your point cos this should have been stopped long ago.I don't personally Pick any calls from 9.00pm to 6.am no matter who the caller is.No relative of mine comes before my hubby abeg,Parents should observe their kids marital boundaries.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by victorian(f): 11:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
If I hadn't witnessed my mum slipd to death due to heart attack few years back, right In front of me, on my arms as I and my siblings were trying to carry her so fast to the car, so we can rush off to the hospital... I will tell the op, the MIL is inconsiderate. But after my mum's death, I av extra soft spots for any aged parent. Yeah they love to talk , and complain abt any liitle things that's bothers them... It's not because they are selfish or they tend to disrespect the privacy of their married son or daughters or single career children.. Their heart is frail, their health not that strong like when they were young, they are always emotional embarassed.... I remember when , I will come back from work, so tired... My mum will come to my room to complain about how weak she feels, or how one of my siblings gave her heartache due to his actions.. She will shed a tear silently while complaining... embarassed I will tell her, mama u worry too much... Av you taken yur drugs? Av u prayed? Don't worry about one of my radical younger brother, he will learn and become wise as he grows older... Then I will tell her to go and sleep, for christsakes am tired.. angry
That day, she left to meet Baba God, was a turning point for me.. Pple saying, u will give your mother time, when to call and when not to call.. I pity such persons.. I pray u won't be in a situation, where u will receive a bad news on the parent, the next morning especially when the bearer will say, they av bn trying yur phone and is switched off.? Guilt go nearly kill u.. Then u will understand.
Op , aged parents won't live forever.. At least try and be accommodating.. Or let yur wife place her phone on vibration, then answer the call in the other room.

1 Like

Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by gajike: 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
The woman does not hav any negative reason for calling at odd hrs. May be she calls dat hr becus of free calls between 12am to 5am so they can hav enough time to chat without wasting their credit.
Re: It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night by DaDewdropsNVS: 9:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
Thank our lucky stars for separate bedrooms! cool
Make wan kraaaaaaaaaase man come tell me say make I nor talk to my mama at ANY TIME. . . Rubbbbish!
Sorry o! She ain't asking for too much. . .she can disturb my sleep at anytime. . .YOU MOVE OURRA THE ROOM! kiss
Which kain houses people dey live these days wey phone dey ring like TELEGRAM BELLS through the night sef?

GOD BLESS H-AMERICA JARE FOR BIG BIG MANSIONS!!! cool

People wey no close to them mama or papa go think say blokos and toto na them best friends!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRANTUS NONSENSICUS!!!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Where Did Her Libido Go? / She Sold Food For Her Husband Because He Refused To Provide Money. / He Wants Me To Return To The Village With Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.