Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY (3654 Views)

Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 23, 2013
Brethren , as I have always said and will say again,you have a personal responsibility to examine the scriptures yourself in a humble and prayerful way.

Also , you MUST ask GOD for wisdom to decipher the mishmash of ideas, doctrines and teachings all over the Internet.

I had always admired Femi , until recently , when he started attacking Apostle Paul , almost calling him a FRAUD.

Let me just state a few problems he has with Paul in his own words.

1. Femi : Jesus himself was circumcised (Luke 2:21); but Paul says if we are circumcised we would be estranged from Christ (Galatians 5:2-4).

To this I say, Femi, Jesus Christ was circumcised as a JEW , we are not JEWs, though many of us by tradition have been circumcised, it has no spiritual connotation.

What GOD asks from us gentiles is circumcision of the heart, to remove all wickedness and evil from our hearts by internal examination and power of the Holy Spirit.

"Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked." - Deuteronomy 10:16

2. Femi : Jesus warns that not everyone who calls him Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21); but Paul says everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).

This is a good example of taking ONE scripture out of context to prove a point.

Let us hear what Paul has to say about this :

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?" - 2 Corinthians 13:5

"But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved." - Hebrews 10:39

"I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified." - 1 Corinthians 9:27

3. Femi : Jesus asks us to baptize as we preach the gospel (Matthew 28:19); but Paul dismisses the importance of baptism (1 Corinthians 1:17).

Again, this is totally false.

What exactly was Paul's point and why the controversy, well let's read the preceding scriptures :

A Church Divided Over Leaders

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

1. Paul was talking on church division
2. In the early church , Christians had already starting forming groups and following certain leaders, Paul was against this
3. Paul actually baptized a number people in Christ's name

Read also Acts 19:1-7

Paul was FOR baptism.

The list goes on and on and on.

If PAUL was a false apostle, why did Peter and the apostles give him the hand of fellowship ?

I can only repeat that we should and must examine the WORD of GOD for ourselves, none of us is infallible and none of us is deception-proof.

Only the Holy Spirit and your HARD WORK can guide you into ALL Truth.

To end this , I quote apostle Peter ;

"15 And account that the long-suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. " - 2 Peter 3:15-16

Let me know your thoughts.

Peace !

3 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by DrummaBoy(m): 11:38pm On Jun 16, 2013
I just read this after ur rferalll from that thread where Aribisala was castigation Paul

Like U rightly pointed out: his error is quoting the Arose out of context to justify a lame theses.

Well done.
Re: Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 18, 2013
Paul is a controversial figure in the Bible. He even stated that some of his teachings were clearly his opinions and not that of God. Femi Aribasala is right on the money about Paul but it is difficult to understand for those who are not really interested in what the Bible actually says because they are always convinced of what they think the Bible said. These individuals no matter what you show them on the Bible, if it contradicts their conception they will just deny, discredit or shout you down. Whether Paul is a good Christian or a pretender is open for debate.

Paul says:
1 Corinthians 7:25
"Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful."

2 Corinthians 11:17
"That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting."

1 Corinthians 7:12
"To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her."

It appears that Paul freelanced without authority of The Lord by his own admission and he was honest about that. Some of his assertions were just his own opinions and desires like many of you zealots today. Unfortunately, many of you are not honest about your own hidden agenda unlike Paul. Many scholars consider Paul's teachings not to be on par with those who were "inspired." Some have even gone as far as calling him a liar Femi Aribasala is included in this school. I personally think he was honest about his intentions and that has made him credible to me. With him you know what you are getting. You therefore can take his teachings with a grain of salt. To some zealots Paul is infallible but for many scholars he was mendacious as alleged by Aribasala.

Paul in many instances contradicted the teachings of Christ:

This list is surely not complete, for it is very easy to overlook Paul's contradictory and/or incompatible statements.

1. On the time of the coming of the Lord:

Paul says:

Rom.13
[12] the night is far gone, the day is at hand.

Jesus says:

Luke.21
[8] Take heed that you are not
led astray; for many will come in my name,
saying, . . . `The time is at hand!' Do not go after them.

2. On the source of the Truth and the true gospel:

Paul says:

1Cor.2
[13] And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who possess the Spirit.
Gal.1
[12] For I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus says:

John.17
[14] I have given them thy word;
[17] Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth.

3. On the God of the dead:

Paul says:

Rom.14
[9] For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus says:

Luke.20
[38] Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living;

4. On the sum of the commandments:

Paul says:

Rom.13
[9] The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus says:

Matt.22
[37] And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38] This is the great and first commandment.
[39] And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40] On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.

5. On whom God has mercy:

Paul says:

Rom.9
[15] For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
[16] So it depends not upon man's will or exertion, but upon God's mercy.
[18] So then he has mercy upon whomever he wills, and he hardens the heart of whomever he wills.

Jesus says:

Matt.5
[7] Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

6. On forgiveness of trespasses:

Paul says:

Eph.1
[7] In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace
Rom.4
[25] who was put to death for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

Jesus says:

Matt.6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

7. On being justified:

Paul says:

Rom.3
[24] they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus,
[28] For we hold that a man is justified by faith apart from works of law.
Rom.5
[9] Since, therefore, we are now justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Jesus says:

Matt.12
[37] for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

8. On the cost of eternal life:

Paul says:

Rom.6
[23] For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus says:

Matt.19
[29] And every one who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
Luke.14
[28] For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?
[33] So therefore, whoever of you does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.

9. On what is honorable among men:

Paul says:

2Cor.8
[21] for we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord's sight but also in the sight of men.
Rom.12
[17] Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all men.
Rom.14
[18] he who thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
1Cor.10
[33] just as I try to please all men in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.

Jesus says:

Luke.16
[15] But he said to them, You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts; for what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
Luke.6
[26] Woe to you, when all men speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 18, 2013
Even Paul by his own admission stated that he lied to different people to reach an end. In other words, he called himself a liar:

"Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law." (1 Corinthians 9:19-21)

He in effect stated here that he was a chameleon.

Even during his lifetime many many doubted that he was an apostle:

This Paul mentions himself in 1 Corinthians 9:2-3. "2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord. 3 This is my defense to those who sit in judgment on me."

It looks like Christ forewarned about people like Paul:

Revelation 2:2
King James Version (KJV)
2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars.

Paul sure fits the false apostle that Christ warned about. Christ was a Jew and not a Christian and would certainly not have practiced the brand of religion Paul wrought.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by bizmahn: 8:16am On Jun 18, 2013
Femi is doing exactly what Mr frosbel does throughout the religions section when he boldly tenders false interpretations of many scriptural truths in such a way to potray that its impossible that he could be wrong(I am infallible).This is clearly demonstrated by the way he demeans many reputably men of God that started before him,that have won more souls to God than he can ever do in a thousand lifetime.Imagine stylishly potraying such men as Kumuyi as cult,as hypocrites when he won't even agree that he could be unconsciously wrong about his instant anihiliation stand and the other teachings he stands for in the same way the men he condemns could've possibly innocently taken some scriptural truths out of context unknown to them which shouldn't make them a cult.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=bizmahn]Femi is doing exactly what Mr frosbel does throughout the religions section when he boldly tenders false interpretations of many scriptural truths in such a way to potray that its impossible that he could be wrong(I am infallible).

This is actually slander, I do not agree with Femi on a number of issues and I expect people not to agree with me as well.

I am only airing my views as we are all apt to do and fellowshiping, sharing with brethren.

I can be wrong no doubt as I have been in the past and admitted my mistake, but what I need is prove that my standpoints on a number of issues are wrong with the word of GOD not tradition, creeds and dogmas of churches.

This is clearly demonstrated by the way he demeans many reputably men of God that started before him,that have won more souls to God than he can ever do in a thousand lifetime.

Why do you elevate men to almost godlike status, are we not all men of GOD and women of GOD ?

Besides, I have never personally insulted or abused Kumuiyi, not me , not ever , I have only talked about the cult like arrangement of deeper lie.
Re: Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by timothycel(m): 11:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
If you read Acts 15 you will see that the Peter along with the other Apostles and elders accepted Paul and the Gospel he preached to the Gentiles.

2 Peter 3:15-18 " 15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen."

Peter was also fully aware of Pauls teaching and knew people found them hard to understand. Peoples inability to understand Pauls writing is no fault of Paul, but be warned that it will lead to your destruction.

Paul was the Head of the congregation of the Gentiles like Peter was the head of the congregation of the Jews. There wasnt Just 1 church, there were 2 congregations that had a different sets of Laws. The Jews had to keep the entire Law (Minus the laws that expired under the New Covenant). The Gentiles had to keep fewer Laws (Initially) so as not to over burden them. (Keep in mind that the Jews were given their Laws gradually over 40 years so it would have been difficult for new believers to keep all of them initially). My point is that in terms of the bible the Gentiles were given their Law through Paul and the congregation was formed under him.

How then is Paul a fake apostle? When the 12 Apostles acknowledged him?

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by eliadex: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
it is evidently clear that among men of God, some still do not understand the bible! neither do they understand the ministry of the apostles,early and first line apostles. Paul didn't contradict Jesus at all. People need the holy Spirit to understand the bible, if not, you will end up frustrated by many things. The bible,in acts, refers to Paul as a prophet even before he was ordained by the holy spirit as an apostle to the gentiles. then he studied for 3 years reading the scrolls about Jesus, fasting in prayer.
he received revelations and basic church set up.
please the fact that you didn't understand Paul doesn't make him a fake.
he wrote to churches given specific instructions due to time and matters arising at that time.
when men read books without the knowledge of the spirit of God, they call Jesus a mad man like the Pharisees.
so If Paul is a fake, then, another bible should be writing without the letters of any of the apostles, because they all accepted Paul's teachings.
Re: Femi Aribisala And His War Against Apostle Paul - Christians ONLY by xtayle(m): 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Aribisala is simply confused. He needs the holy ghost to help him. With the holy spirit, there is neither ambiguity nor confusion on all that Paul the Apostle wrote or said.

But of course its spiritual and that makes it foolishness to the natural man. They have to be spiritually discerned for them to make sense. Aribisala also disagree that he cannot accept illogical reasoning just because he wants to be spiritual. But if something can be reasoned logically, then it no longer spiritual. An angel will access a secured prison and all gates flung opened by themselves and all fetter broken without any physical force. Is that logical?

God will have mercy on Aribisala and others like him.

(1) (Reply)

Money Ritual-facts Or Fictions / 3 Things God Would Tell Someone Who Watches 'game Of Thrones' / Strictly For Davidylan, Todak, Noetic And No2atheism On Ishmael & Isaac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.