Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:11 AM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (158885 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
I have seen different threads for different Makes of cars here but havent seen a strictly Toyota Thread (Maybe its somewhere hidden, but i've searched everywhere, even in Car Talk library). So I decided to start this thread.

Are you a Toyota user? Do you love Toyotas? This is the thread for you.

Ask questions. Discuss problems. Make observations. Share tips.

I believe we can learn a thing or two from fellow Toyota users/lovers here...

While commenting, this format will be greatly appreciated. State...

MODEL:
YEAR:
A.K.A (if any):
ENGINE:

Then flow with your comment!

(if possible, accompany your comment with a picture of your ride)

[size=14pt]WELCOME to the TOYOTA THREAD[/size]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
Here, i'll start by posting my car pictures...

MODEL: Camry
YEAR: 1996
A.K.A: Orobo
ENGINE: I4 2.2L

Notice in the interior picture, the CD player's face is missing. It was stolen maybe in the wharf (Just bought the car). The problem is, I dont know the make of CD that it came with so I find it hard to get a replacement. I have searched through Ikokwu (I stay in PH) but couldnt find a replacement. I have been advised to change the CD completely but i'm still hesitant. I really want to see if I can get the face of this "follow come". Any help on where I can look for it? If I know the exact CD that is, I dont mind having someone help me search for it in Ladipo, Lagos.

Any help or advice is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 7:37am On Jan 24, 2013
Which engine oil do you use for your Toyota?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 7:52am On Jan 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by datola: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
Toyota cars are largely problem free autos, unlike others, that's why people are not commenting. Most of the issues have been easily resolved by roadside mechos.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 8:46am On Jan 26, 2013
datola: Toyota cars are largely problem free autos, unlike others, that's why people are not commenting. Most of the issues have been easily resolved by roadside mechos.

Its not only about problems. This is a forum where we can share tips on how to maintain your car, things you observe about Toyota etc..
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kiretiv: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
I have this splendid 2007 Toyota Rav4 just landed late last year infact but my problem is that the hub makes noise as if there is grease needed something like friction and am willing to know how to grease the hub. Though the road I take is quite muddy with lots of sand and pools of water so I can guess the noise but my point is how to grease the wheel or hub as u may call it. Will like responses, Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by gbolahan1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
Someone should please give me tips on Toyota corolla 2004/5 model. I'm hoping to buy it soon. is it fuel efficient? what about the cost of maintenance?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
gbolahan1: Someone should please give me tips on Toyota corolla 2004/5 model. I'm hoping to buy it soon. is it fuel efficient? what about the cost of maintenance?

Corolla is a wonderful brand from Toyota. Go for it bro, you'll enjoy it. Fuel efficiency is superb. Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
kiretiv: I have this splendid 2007 Toyota Rav4 just landed late last year infact but my problem is that the hub makes noise as if there is grease needed something like friction and am willing to know how to grease the hub. Though the road I take is quite muddy with lots of sand and pools of water so I can guess the noise but my point is how to grease the wheel or hub as u may call it. Will like responses, Thanks

can someone in the house offer suggestions?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by yuzedo: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
[size=4pt]Avensis
2.0l[/size]
Very reliable. Far from problematic.. A lot stronger than most of the newer, plastic models. Accessible and affordable parts. Am i pleased with the car? Hell yeah! Big eye no go carry me go wetin go drain me, amen! cheesy

BUTTTTTTTTT.................... Eyeing a 2011 Avalon or Highlander next, so help me God!
cool

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
I luv u chiover 4 dat comment. My Honda is cool n i feel paradise on earth weneva i cruise around.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ameristu: 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
I have this nice Toyota Solara and I must tell you. It is the best Toyota money can buy.
It's handling, torque comfort is second to none. Love my baby. Mine is black.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by segzicres(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
timbros: Here, i'll start by posting my car pictures...

MODEL: Camry
YEAR: 1996
A.K.A: Orobo
ENGINE: I4 2.2L

Notice in the interior picture, the CD player's face is missing. It was stolen maybe in the wharf (Just bought the car). The problem is, I dont know the make of CD that it came with so I find it hard to get a replacement. I have searched through Ikokwu (I stay in PH) but couldnt find a replacement. I have been advised to change the CD completely but i'm still hesitant. I really want to see if I can get the face of this "follow come". Any help on where I can look for it? If I know the exact CD that is, I dont mind having someone help me search for it in Ladipo, Lagos.

Any help or advice is highly appreciated. Thanks.

How much did u get it? I wanna get d same soon
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
Am a die hard fan of Toyota Avalon. It defines your personality. Honda lost me to Toyota, talk of Problem Free cars you talk of Toyota.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
What about lexus?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by etudaddy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
Don't have a car yet. so no commet

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
Talk of finished work, elegance and beauty talk HONDA SECOND ONLY TO MERCEDES wink

gboss4sure: Am a die hard fan of Toyota Avalon. It defines your personality. Honda lost me to Toyota, talk of Problem Free cars you talk of Toyota.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by geovanni24(m): 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hello peeps!...ii don't have a car yet, but ii intend T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ start with either a Honda EOD or a Toyota Corolla!...S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ for ii will J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ have T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ read and learn frm you guys!!! Kabish!

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by SlyIg(f): 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
God would give me a car soon. I'm a toyota lover too. Please say Amen to my prayer or press LIKE.

Modified,
So, 7years after I made this comment, I'm driving Toyota Corola 2013.

Thanks for all the Likes that made my wish come true.

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by gentlegg(m): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
Am a big lover of Toyota brands, especially Avalon, love this car crazy, but am using Honda Legend. Next car i will buy in future must be Toyota brand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
A Toyota user here. Used 2 Honda products (Civic 2004 and Accord 2004 EOD) in the past before switching to Toyota SUV - 4runner 2005 early last year. Enjoying it so far.

I think Toyota do far better SUVs than Honda. But almost at par for salon cars.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dioman: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
MODEL: Toyota Corrolla
YEAR: 2000

The Car was in a good condition till last week, afta using d AC on Tuesday for a whole day, d car couldnt spark on Wednesday morning. D fault was trace
to the battery of which we replaced with a new 75A battery. After driving a whole day again with AC, d battery was down. I've replaced my alternator cos my electrician complained that it wsnt charging full bt all to no avail. am tired....any help.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Reelsteel: 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
chiover: Sale off ur toyota and join me in honda world if really u wana enjoy ur wealth

Dude no doubt Honda really knows how to design a car, both interior,exterior and suspension splendid, but
when it comes to durability they do fall short.
Toyota have more durable components,Engine,gear, steering rack and dynamics.
I have been using my 1998 camry, A.k.a tiny light since 2007, Bought it with a 170k mileage and now has 205k.
Changed my gearbox 2008,a year after i got it quite cheap 33k compare to 1998 honda accord which was 80k and 120k for the v6 version.
i Also changed my steering pump 2010, quite cheap again 6k.
The vehicle runs very fine, and smooth.
I change my oil at 5k miles and reset the trip meter to zero each time i change oil, i also do a routine 6 months check on my suspension,
Toyota cars are notorious for suspension noises arising from worn out bushings. Lower arm bushings,Ball joints and Linkage.
Sub-standard Parts is another problem we face in car maintenance.

12 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dream1: 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
I find Toyota cars very bland and lacking character. Even the new camry falls short when you talk about design and class. I like a car that makes a statement and has a presence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Reelsteel: 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
gboss4sure: Am a die hard fan of Toyota Avalon. It defines your personality. Honda lost me to Toyota, talk of Problem Free cars you talk of Toyota.

Bro have you seen the 2013 Avalon?
That vehicle is legendary!!!!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
smartchoice: Talk of finished work, elegance and beauty talk HONDA SECOND ONLY TO MERCEDES wink

Beauty ke? Go and check the 2 cars again. Check the pix below of 2012 Toyota Avalon and Honda Accord 2012 and tell me the definition of beauty.

2012 Toyota Avalon

2012 Honda Accord

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.